• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

aly

Or just introduce a time travel jutsu. You know how much they could do with that? A lot of stuff that's what.

I don't even see why that's a big deal. If they start by focusing on going on missions, whatever they face will be irrelevant to Naruto. It's like saying the Zabuza arc had no tension because the 3rd hokage was still alive and is way more powerful.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I don't even see why that's a big deal. If they start by focusing on going on missions, whatever they face will be irrelevant to Naruto. It's like saying the Zabuza arc had no tension because the 3rd hokage was still alive and is way more powerful.

Yep this. There are four billion stories you can tell that don't involve the fate of the entire ninja world, and require the planet's strongest fighters to appear and beat down space rabbits. See: every single arc before the war.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Yep this. There are four billion stories you can tell that don't involve the fate of the entire ninja world, and require the planet's strongest fighters to appear and beat down space rabbits. See: every single arc before the war.
Exactly. And the Zabuza arc was so good because it was the ninja world from the view of people who weren't supreme ninja gods, just kids in training. When Kakashi came into the picture you knew shit was serious. There's something charming about characters that have the whole world ahead of them to discover, and room to grow.

yeah that was the big appeal of those arcs even WITH a powerhouse like Kakashi present.

they had just learned the basics of wall-climbing and already facing a S-rank mission. Big tension with grave consequences.

naruto/sasuke can't be everywhere at once. Not all tension has to come from physical danger!

but saying this is easier said than done.

rrc1594

I just want to see teens going on missions and doing Ninja shit. Whatever it is I'm hyped as fuck looking forwards Next-Gen shipping wars!

NarutoGaf coming back in full force

6IjYKvr.gif

i just hope they don't pull a legend of korra and bring up a steampunk motiff.

steampunk NEVER works as a sequel setting.

?

It worked for Korra. I liked the setting way more in Korra than in ATLA.

The setting is not the reason the show was lackluster.

And are sequels that switch to a more steampunk aesthetic a common thing?

I don't think anything in Korra was nearly as bad as the worst of the war arc. The war arc is just a blur to me mostly and it felt like nothing was ever really progressing for such long periods of time. At least Korra was concise and always moved on.

The only thing I disliked about Korra was how disconnected the first three seasons were. That, and season 2. Overall I enjoyed Korra, and still prefer it to most of Naruto Part II.

aly

What makes Korra worst to me is that it was coming off of an excellent show and they just wasted everything good from it.

Shouta

The War Arc for Naruto is messy especially if you're reading it week by week but it's not so bad all at the same time. At the very last, the stuff that happens within it jives with Naruto as a series in general.

Korra just drops the ball in every respect from characters to story to the worldview/lore. Even the action is worse when compared to A:TLA. There's no where near the thought put into it that its predecessor series received.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Don't me wrong I love Naruto by I feel like it's the perfect catalyst. It gets one of the mega strong people out of the picture. It could influence the kids actions. It kickstarts the story into high gear asap. Emotional impact. Sasuke can act as surrogate father to boruto which is a cool dynamic. And so on and so forth.

Also Sasuke can be Hokage. People will rage at the thought of getting rid of Naruto but I feel like the impact is worth it.

Sasuke can't be hokage

why?

Because he's not the main.

Dea;l with it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've warmed up to the war arc a lot. The only part of the war arc I still vehemently dislike upon rewatching, aside from the obvious problem of being too damn long, is where previous villains come back as zombies. Ancient ninjas, or even ninjas from a few generations ago being written as zombies I can deal with, because outside of flashbacks there was no way we'd get to see them in action. The Gold and Silver brothers, Madara, the Seven Swordsman, the previous Hokage - all of this was actually amazing. But Deidara, Kakuzu and the like coming back was just... it felt like pandering to the audience's nostalgia. The exception being Nagato, who we got to see fight using his original body that could use all six paths, and Itachi, who was able to reconcile with Sasuke in possibly the most touching scene in the series. We even had the Uchiha brothers team up.

I didn't hate this, per say, but Kabuto is probably the least interesting villain in the series and his backstory made me feel nothing for him, maybe even diminishing his character. They tried to pull the sympathy card when he was much more effective as a straight up sociopathic spy.

Kaguya was an obvious reverse deus ex machina to get rid of Madara but iain'tevenmad.jpg. She was so brokenly and frighteningly powerful that I think it paid off - she had more shock value than Madara, and her history went all the way back to the beginning of the ninja world. Personally I think her appearance is what saved the whole contrived nature of the Asura/Indra reincarnation plot point. It made it feel like it had more purpose other than simple inherited awesomeness, like her son and grandsons had this grand fate to undo her evils. I think she managed to be even scarier than Orochimaru.

Don't me wrong I love Naruto by I feel like it's the perfect catalyst. It gets one of the mega strong people out of the picture. It could influence the kids actions. It kickstarts the story into high gear asap. Emotional impact. Sasuke can act as surrogate father to boruto which is a cool dynamic. And so on and so forth.

Also Sasuke can be Hokage. People will rage at the thought of getting rid of Naruto but I feel like the impact is worth it.

I wouldn't want this. Naruto is irreplaceable and everyone would be missing him too much. I think Kishi had the same troubles when deciding if any of the K11 should die. One one hand , its a war, deaths are inevitable and it would drive home the severity of the situation whilst on the other hand these characters have been with the audience for a long time and its hard to let them go. Killing a popular character in a contrived way could cause major backlash.

Yeah they could easily do this and still have plenty of impactful moments....I just don't want the older crew to be sitting on the sidelines.

Sasuke can't be hokage

why?

Because he's not the main.

Dea;l with it.

Actually, Naruto refers to him as the other Hokage ;)

The War Arc for Naruto is messy especially if you're reading it week by week but it's not so bad all at the same time. At the very last, the stuff that happens within it jives with Naruto as a series in general.

Korra just drops the ball in every respect from characters to story to the worldview/lore. Even the action is worse when compared to A:TLA. There's no where near the thought put into it that its predecessor series received.
My only beef with the war arc was how long it lasted but it was filled with great individual moments here and there. Legend of Korra though entertaining enough (to me) definitely dropped the ball huge as an avatar series compared to the OG.

That was my problem with the war arc as well: it dragged for way too long. There were a lot of great moments in the arc though and the escalation once Madara arrives is one of my favourite things to see. Kaguya took it to another level, a level too far in my opinion.

SolVanderlyn

The Hokagekage

Fire Shadow's Shadow

After all the disappointment, I can't get hyped for this next generation stuff. I had hope in Sarada, but I can't forgive Kishi for the stupid ending of Naruto Gaiden. I'll probably skip this since the other kids look like boring clones of their parents.

Yado

After all the disappointment, I can't get hyped for this next generation stuff. I had hope in Sarada, but I can't forgive Kishi for the stupid ending of Naruto Gaiden. I'll probably skip this since the other kids look like boring clones of their parents.

What's wrong with the ending of Gaiden?

Frog-fu

Banned
The setting is the only thing Korra has going for it. That show is a bigger mess than time-skip Naruto.

I liked the roaring 20s motif up to a point. LOK kind of lost me when they started introducing mechs and SWAT tanks and shit.

I much prefer the more primitive rural setting of ATLA.

If there's ever a third series - which I'm certain there will be - I think they'd be better off going back in time instead of forward.

Village

Yo I much prefer the world of korra to avatar, ang's world was super boring. I love seeing different takes on the industrial evolution. They went from cars to mechs, the hell even is 100's past that, I wanna know.

Also I actually did the thing, here ya go

was bored

Big sauce

Yo I much prefer the world of korra to avatar, ang's world was super boring. I love seeing different takes on the industrial evolution. They went from cars to mechs, the hell even is 100's past that, I wanna know.

Also I actually did the thing, here ya go

was bored

Big sauce

Haha nice.
Sasuke will never be able to hug Sarada again looking like that

Top Bottom