• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

What's wrong with the ending of Gaiden?

In short, I agree with this quote:

I just mean the million little red herrings that serve only to operate as red herrings and don't make logical sense otherwise (although the genes thing is weird on thematic level depending on how it plays out exactly). Why did everyone act like her heredity was some kind of Area 51 secret? They never got a birth certificate equivalent or some kind of custodial record? Why the hell did Karin have that in her drawer? Why does Sakura use some cobbled together picture portrait and not say, I don't know, her wedding pictures? Why does Sakura act like the question of whether she's kissed Sasuke is physically injurious? Why did no one just take 60 seconds to explain this immediately? Why did Sasuke never communicate or visit?

Use that time to do actual character development rather than just pointlessly troll. It's whatever though. Bring on the avatar.

That's what I said when I quoted Brawndo's post
After reading this chapter, I'll make your words mine. Seriously, what a waste of time. At least, Sarada is a legit good character. Good to see that Karin matured. Sad that Sakura is still a loser. Yep. It's a miracle of some sort how Sasuke and Sakura were able to mate. Speaking of which, Sakura was in the 9th month of pregnancy running around? Seriously? Complete nonsense for the sake of trolling. Like I said earlier, clickbait plot.

In short, I agree with this quote:

That's what I said when I quoted Brawndo's post
I'll answer the best I can.

Why did everyone act like her heredity was some kind of Area 51 secret?
They didn't. It was just no one knew 100% as Sakura gave birth outside the village.

They never got a birth certificate equivalent or some kind of custodial record?
Sarada looked in Konoha's birth records. Not sure how the system works if the kid id born outside the village.

Why the hell did Karin have that in her drawer?
Reminder of her assisting Sakura and Sasuke with their daughter's birth and probably a sign of gratitude from Sakura.

Why does Sakura use some cobbled together picture portrait and not say, I don't know, her wedding pictures?
There are no other pictures of Sasuke apparently because if there were then Gaiden would have never happened as such. Contrivance number 1

Why does Sakura act like the question of whether she's kissed Sasuke is physically injurious?

Sure, if you want to ignore the numerous consequent panels.
Screen_Shot_2015_07_02_at_16_22_08.jpg

I'm guessing she's frowning because she misses her husband.

Why did no one just take 60 seconds to explain this immediately?

Sakura conveniently faints, Shizune gives her a clear answer on the silliness of her assertion and so does Sasuke. However the subject is quickly changed and forgotten. Contrivance number 2.

Why did Sasuke never communicate or visit?

He's on a mission in a different dimension that is so gruelling that he can't return. Why does he return to Konoha at the time of Gaiden......no one knows.

Gaiden had a lot of forced elements to ensure the drama continued till the end but the premise of the drama was so silly that it was unnecessary. Kishi fumbled with the details and it was clear this was due to trying to create drama ( Sakura fainting, no pictures and such). He really should of addressed these issues especially considering this was 1 volume thing.

The concept of Sasuke leaving for 6 years or so to go on some inter-dimensional mission....now I believe this was something Kishi did as part of the new era project. Its clear Kishi wanted to portray the idea of a father not being able to spend time with his child but still loving them deeply, paralleling to his own situation most likely. I can understand a ninja going on some incredibly important mission to protect his family and everyone else, I can even understand said mission taking years however Kishi failed massively in not delving into the details of the mission. You can't just have a character thats been so central to your story go off on a mission for so long, with no reveal on the exact nature of the mission and when said mission is directly linked to this alien invasion BS storyline. Thats just poor writing and a big misstep by Kishi. I did like the themes Kishi highlighted in Gaiden though and in retrospect the drama did get a lot of interest which was Kishi's motive.

All in all I don't think Gaiden is an accurate representation of Kishi's work.

I'll answer the best I can.

They didn't. It was just no one knew 100% as Sakura gave birth outside the village.

Sarada looked in Konoha's birth records. Not sure how the system works if the kid id born outside the village.

Reminder of her assisting Sakura and Sasuke with their daughter's birth and probably a sign of gratitude from Sakura.

There are no other pictures of Sasuke apparently because if there were then Gaiden would have never happened as such. Contrivance number 1

Sure, if you want to ignore the numerous consequent panels.
Screen_Shot_2015_07_02_at_16_22_08.jpg

I'm guessing she's frowning because she misses her husband.

Sakura conveniently faints, Shizune gives her a clear answer on the silliness of her assertion and so does Sasuke. However the subject is quickly changed and forgotten. Contrivance number 2.

He's on a mission in a different dimension that is so gruelling that he can't return. Why does he return to Konoha at the time of Gaiden......no one knows.

Gaiden had a lot of forced elements to ensure the drama continued till the end but the premise of the drama was so silly that it was unnecessary. Kishi fumbled with the details and it was clear this was due to trying to create drama ( Sakura fainting, no pictures and such). He really should of addressed these issues especially considering this was 1 volume thing.

The concept of Sasuke leaving for 6 years or so to go on some inter-dimensional mission....now I believe this was something Kishi did as part of the new era project. Its clear Kishi wanted to portray the idea of a father not being able to spend time with his child but still loving them deeply, paralleling to his own situation most likely. I can understand a ninja going on some incredibly important mission to protect his family and everyone else, I can even understand said mission taking years however Kishi failed massively in not delving into the details of the mission. You can't just have a character thats been so central to your story go off on a mission for so long, with no reveal on the exact nature of the mission and when said mission is directly linked to this alien invasion BS storyline. Thats just poor writing and a big misstep by Kishi. I did like the themes Kishi highlighted in Gaiden though and in retrospect the drama did get a lot of interest which was Kishi's motive.

All in all I don't think Gaiden is an accurate representation of Kishi's work.

I believe we discussed those things back then but I really appreciate your answer. I think I agree more with you now.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
To me gaiden just seemed like a fun rump for a movie tie-in type of deal, tho it was canon, it was never meant to be a huge event or anything tho the actual scope of the story probably deserved more than 10 chapters, but kishi probably actually did have a deadline for it and couldn't draw anything out.

rambis

Banned
To me gaiden just seemed like a fun rump for a movie tie-in type of deal, tho it was canon, it was never meant to be a huge event or anything tho the actual scope of the story probably deserved more than 10 chapters, but kishi probably actually did have a deadline for it and couldn't draw anything out.
Yep, people take this shit way to seriously. Sarada Gaiden was obviously there just to setup the movie and for Kishi to have a little fun (heaven forbid). To show what kind of shit Naruto deals with as Kage. To show the new kids and their relationships and disposition. To kinda explain what sasuke has been up to.

It served its purpose and we got to see how awesome Sarada is as a character. Its crazy though, even with all the post 700 content, I still don't feel like we know what Boruto's lazy ass can do. I mean this kid has 3 chakra natures already and learned how to throw a rasengan laced with Futon in a few days. He even shows some of that Itachi/Sasuke shuriken magic.

Which is why I'm looking forward to more from them. The new team 7 already seems crazy OP.

Yep, people take this shit way to seriously. Sarada Gaiden was obviously there just to setup the movie and for Kishi to have a little fun (heaven forbid). To show what kind of shit Naruto deals with as Kage. To show the new kids and their relationships and disposition. To kinda explain what sasuke has been up to.

It served its purpose and we got to see how awesome Sarada is as a character. Its crazy though, even with all the post 700 content, I still don't feel like we know what Boruto's lazy ass can do. I mean this kid has 3 chakra natures already and learned how to throw a rasengan laced with Futon in a few days. He even shows some of that Itachi/Sasuke shuriken magic.

Which is why I'm looking forward to more from them. The new team 7 already seems crazy OP.

Having numerous chakra natures is a common thing in the Narutoverse, at least it seems that way. Boruto did not really master the shuriken technique and he said that was Sarada's speciality. I would say the vanishing rasengan is his only noteworthy feat.

Sill would get his ass wrecked by the best:

tumblr_nqgnwddul41tiqs2bo1_500.png

Sai

Having numerous chakra natures is a common thing in the Narutoverse, at least it seems that way.
The way they initially described the time it takes for one to normally learn how to recompose their chakra to a single nature, it shouldn't be. Shinobi with the ability to wield multiple nature releases should have only been common among Jōnin, the best of the best. It's one of the numerous things about Jin no Sho I consider inconsequential fluff.

And I think Fūton is the only Seishitsu Henka Boruto has used without the aide of that technique storing device, and kinda unconsciously if I remember correctly.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Boruto is a prodigy but he's not even the best in his class, Shikamaru's son actually beat him fair and square.

Boruto is a prodigy but he's not even the best in his class, Shikamaru's son actually beat him fair and square.

Yeah, Shikadia is impressive. He holds back a certain move to catch Boruto off guard.
Boruto not only lacks experience but he lacks tactical judgement. Sasuke notices this and tells him to use his head for once instead of trying to find an easy way out (how to curve a shuriken task).

The way they initially described the time it takes for one to normally learn how to recompose their chakra to a single nature, it shouldn't be. Shinobi with the ability to wield multiple nature releases should have only been common among Jōnin, the best of the best. It's one of the numerous things about Jin no Sho I consider inconsequential fluff.

And I think Fūton is the only Seishitsu Henka Boruto has used without the aide of that technique storing device, and kinda unconsciously if I remember correctly.

To be fair, shinobi using multiple nature elements is not commonly showed in the series(and when it is, usually they are high level or exceptional) is it?

Yeah, Boruto only uses Futon.

rambis

Banned
Having numerous chakra natures is a common thing in the Narutoverse, at least it seems that way. Boruto did not really master the shuriken technique and he said that was Sarada's speciality. I would say the vanishing rasengan is his only noteworthy feat.

Sill would get his ass wrecked by the best:

tumblr_nqgnwddul41tiqs2bo1_500.png

From what we've been told its not common at all. Especially for genin. Other than sasuke, which other genin showed multiple chakra natures and wasn't considered genius?

Kishi said himself that boruto uses three natures. Its in the databook as well I think. He only uses futon in the movie but before the device is even shown the first time he brags to his dad about the different styles he knows. And IIRC that device only stores the jutsu you place in it and amplifies it. So im thinking that raiton/suiton combo was jutsu he'd stored previously.

He doesn't master the shuriken move but he's practically at the very same stange as sasuke when he was shown first practing the technique. Gotta remember that we are discussibg abilities in the context of genin.
Yeah, Shikadia is impressive. He holds back a certain move to catch Boruto off guard.
Boruto not only lacks experience but he lacks tactical judgement. Sasuke notices this and tells him to use his head for once instead of trying to find an easy way out (how to curve a shuriken task).

To be fair, shinobi using multiple nature elements is not commonly showed in the series(and when it is, usually they are high level or exceptional) is it?

Yeah, Boruto only uses Futon.
Like I said he's lazy and that's not rectified till the end of the movie. Shiks kid is a branch of the old tree. He can outsmart opponents sure but that doesn't mean much at this stage. I think Boruto shows the most potential.

Sai

Kishi said himself that boruto uses three natures...He only uses futon in the movie but before the device is even shown the first time he brags to his dad about the different styles he knows.
If this is true, then never mind.

If this is true, then never mind.

Its not.

From what we've been told its not common at all. Especially for genin. Other than sasuke, which other genin showed multiple chakra natures and wasn't considered genius?

Kishi said himself that boruto uses three natures. Its in the databook as well I think. He only uses futon in the movie but before the device is even shown the first time he brags to his dad about the different styles he knows. And IIRC that device only stores the jutsu you place in it and amplifies it. So im thinking that raiton/suiton combo was jutsu he'd stored previously.

He doesn't master the shuriken move but he's practically at the very same stange as sasuke when he was shown first practing the technique. Gotta remember that we are discussibg abilities in the context of genin.

Like I said he's lazy and that's not rectified till the end of the movie. Shiks kid is a branch of the old tree. He can outsmart opponents sure but that doesn't mean much at this stage. I think Boruto shows the most potential.

Yeah I can't think of many either. Sasuke was considered a genius so effectively utilizing multiple chakra natures is clearly an exceptional feat even though most ninja's have such potential.

Boruto is lying to impress Naruto, hence Naruto asking when did Konohamaru teach him that and Konohamaru looking confused.

The device lets you use any jutsu prescribed in the scroll, you don't need to know how to use the justus without the scroll.

The problem is not laziness. Shikadai is lazy as well. The problem is Boruto not being able to think on his feet and tactically, which is not resolved at the end of the movie. He cheats throughout the entirety of the Chunnin exams because he can't think of ways to adapt to the situation and is just follows Sasuke's plan at the end. Considering the shuriken techniques Sasuke displayed as a genin and throughout the chunin exams, and Boruto also admitting that Uchiha's like Sarada are better at it, I think its clear his level is not the same.

I would say the Sarada has the most potential due to simply being the child of Sasuke and Sakura. Just think how OP genin Sasuke would be if he had insane chakra strength and healing capabilities. Sharingan precognition and taijutsu skills added with Sakura's strength is one heck of a combination (OP if you ask me and no doubt will be nerfed circumstantially). Having the potential ability to summon two great summons (Aoda and Katsuyu) is also pretty insane.

rambis

Banned
Its not.

Yeah I can't think of many either. Sasuke was considered a genius so effectively utilizing multiple chakra natures is clearly an exceptional feat even though most ninja's have such potential.

Boruto is lying to impress Naruto, hence Naruto asking when did Konohamaru teach him that and Konohamaru looking confused.

The device lets you use any jutsu prescribed in the scroll, you don't need to know how to use the justus without the scroll.

The problem is not laziness. Shikadai is lazy as well. The problem is Boruto not being able to think on his feet and tactically, which is not resolved at the end of the movie. He cheats throughout the entirety of the Chunnin exams because he can't think of ways to adapt to the situation and is just follows Sasuke's plan at the end. Considering the shuriken techniques Sasuke displayed as a genin and throughout the chunin exams, and Boruto also admitting that Uchiha's like Sarada are better at it, I think its clear his level is not the same.

I would say the Sarada has the most potential due to simply being the child of Sasuke and Sakura. Just think how OP genin Sasuke would be if he had insane chakra strength and healing capabilities. Sharingan precognition and taijutsu skills added with Sakura's strength is one heck of a combination (OP if you ask me and no doubt will be nerfed circumstantially). Having the potential ability to summon two great summons (Aoda and Katsuyu) is also pretty insane.
You totally misread that scene. This is almost verbatim from that scene
Boruto is going on about how easy the mission was and how he could do it himself

Naruto: what's important for a shinobi is teamwork and to train as a tri... *cutoff*
Boruto: pffft...i dont need to train. I can do already do three shadow clones without training by myself. I already know futon and raiton and even recently suiton.

Naruto: Konohamoru what have you been teaching him and then Konohamoru just sits there embarrassed. It was never"did you teach him___"

Naruto is obviously asking about his attitude towards training and teamwork which we know naruto has a hard on for. This is all moments before that device is even introduced btw. And considering Boruto only uses raiton/suiton/futon on the device I think its safe to say that was his jutsu. And we knew his chakra natures before the movie even released. I don't know where you got lying from

Boruto only mentioned Sarada as better than at "shuriken" techniques. Nothing about that particular bend technique. Its to be expected with her being an uchiha but unlike itachi/sasuke boruto doesnt have dojutsu to enhance his vision. Him and sasuke made the same marks doing that training btw.

And finally I think overall yeah Boruto is just lazy and unmotivated. He always wanted the easy way out. Never wanted to train, "clothes always brand new". Etc. He cheated because he wanted to impress Naruto and didnt wanna risk failing. Thats the reason why the scene with him first using the device plays out the way it does. He is in the middle of weaving signs and then suddenly remember Narutos praise and stops then whips out that thing. He already had a plan but he didnt trust his own chakra so he released that enhanced jutsu with the device.

Sarada is probably my favorite character. No knock on her. The only reason I don't see the most potential in her is because no way in my mind thay she gets MS or EMS. But she seems like what Sakura should have been in the first place. But she's likely a genjutsu savant with fire nature, super strength and sharingan. She has a hell of a future if the story continues I think.

You totally misread that scene. This is almost verbatim from that scene
Boruto is going on about how easy the mission was and how he could do it himself

Naruto: what's important for a shinobi is teamwork and to train as a tri... *cutoff*
Boruto: pffft...i dont need to train. I can do already do three shadow clones without training by myself. I already know futon and raiton and even recently suiton.

Naruto: Konohamoru what have you been teaching him and then Konohamoru just sits there embarrassed. It was never"did you teach him___"

Naruto is obviously asking about his attitude towards training and teamwork which we know naruto has a hard on for. This is all moments before that device is even introduced btw. And considering Boruto only uses raiton/suiton/futon on the device I think its safe to say that was his jutsu. And we knew his chakra natures before the movie even released. I don't know where you got lying from

Boruto only mentioned Sarada as better than at "shuriken" techniques. Nothing about that particular bend technique. Its to be expected with her being an uchiha but unlike itachi/sasuke boruto doesnt have dojutsu to enhance his vision. Him and sasuke made the same marks doing that training btw.

And finally I think overall yeah Boruto is just lazy and unmotivated. He always wanted the easy way out. Never wanted to train, "clothes always brand new". Etc. He cheated because he wanted to impress Naruto and didnt wanna risk failing. Thats the reason why the scene with him first using the device plays out the way it does. He is in the middle of weaving signs and then suddenly remember Narutos praise and stops then whips out that thing. He already had a plan but he didnt trust his own chakra so he released that enhanced jutsu with the device.

Sarada is probably my favorite character. No knock on her. The only reason I don't see the most potential in her is because no way in my mind thay she gets MS or EMS. But she seems like what Sakura should have been in the first place. But she's likely a genjutsu savant with fire nature, super strength and sharingan. She has a hell of a future if the story continues I think.

I definitely did not see the scene like that. Seeing as Boruto did not use any such techniques and he was clearly trying to boast I would not be surprised if he was lying.

Thats wrong though. The device does not need the user to know the technique so you can't draw conclusions from that.

I'm talking about shuriken techniques in general. Sasuke was shows to possess far more skill in such techniques even as a genin.

She doesn't need MS/EMS. 3 tomoe sharingan + Yin seal is more than sufficient. Bare in mind I don't see these kids surpassing the Sasuke and Naruto. Boruto is noted to have a massively smaller chakra reserve in comparison to Naruto due to no Kurama. I think its likely she has lightning release as well.

rambis

Banned
I definitely did not see the scene like that. Seeing as Boruto did not use any such techniques and he was clearly trying to boast I would not be surprised if he was lying.

Thats wrong though. The device does not need the user to know the technique so you can't draw conclusions from that.

I'm talking about shuriken techniques in general. Sasuke was shows to possess far more skill in such techniques even as a genin.

She doesn't need MS/EMS. 3 tomoe sharingan + Yin seal is more than sufficient. Bare in mind I don't see these kids surpassing the Sasuke and Naruto. Boruto is noted to have a massively smaller chakra reserve in comparison to Naruto due to no Kurama. I think its likely she has lightning release as well.
You should probably rewatch that scene. He's bragging cause he really believes he's hot shot shit, which is one of the main themes of the movie. Lying is such a weird assumption though. Its not like this is a real universe or something. Just because he didn't show any of his abilities doesn't mean he doesnt have them, it just means that those abilities weren't written into a scene. This is kinda like that crazy debate on whether naruto still has his RSM because he didnt use it all the time.

And I'm gonna hold onto my assumptions about the boruto putting his jutsu into the device. It makes too much sense that he only uses the device for suiton/futon/raiton and shadow clones, techs that he is said to have already. And thats how kono explained the device to work to the kids. If you dont think you are required to know the jutsu, that's whatever but I still think thats how Boruto used it.

And unless im wrong, that training was the only time boruto even through a shuriken. And he hit the same marks as the sauce. We know sarada is better because boruto said so but he was still showing skill.

Sharpeye

So the DLC for Storm 4 seems to have been leaked via steam
Sound four characters and stories based on the Gaara and Shikamaru hidan stories.

Also the family pictures from the Boruto movie were cute.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sound four characters and stories based on the Gaara and Shikamaru hidan stories.

YEARS LATER WE FINALLY DID IT

WE MADE IT FAM

Tizoc

Source? This is new thread worthy.

Village

To comment on something mentioned a while ago, you all mention you don't think sarada wont get any special sharingan. May I remind you we are dealing with the.... interesting gentleman that is Misashi kishimoto.

Odds are , and let me predict this one , she'll problably get a supped up version for two reasons. 1 and the most problable one is that she isn't bound by all the bad vibes the uchiha's general have and have developed her own , none shithead required version. The other option is sasuke dies, but that's not happening. I don't have any secret insight on this series, but if she magical gets MS for whatever reason. I'm not going to be surprised at all. And to be honest I kind of what her to get some supped up sharigan.

Its more interesting than anything Bolt has brought to the table.

To comment on something mentioned a while ago, you all mention you don't think sarada wont get any special sharingan. May I remind you we are dealing with the.... interesting gentleman that is Misashi kishimoto.

Odds are , and let me predict this one , she'll problably get a supped up version for two reasons. 1 and the most problable one is that she isn't bound by all the bad vibes the uchiha's general have and have developed her own , none shithead required version. The other option is sasuke dies, but that's not happening. I don't have any secret insight on this series, but if she magical gets MS for whatever reason. I'm not going to be surprised at all. And to be honest I kind of what her to get some supped up sharigan.

Yup. I was thinking Sarada getting MS from a positive notion (like how she awakened the sharingan though love) and befroe people sya she's going to go blind.....well thats where Sakura's seal comes into play ;)

You should probably rewatch that scene. He's bragging cause he really believes he's hot shot shit, which is one of the main themes of the movie. Lying is such a weird assumption though. Its not like this is a real universe or something. Just because he didn't show any of his abilities doesn't mean he doesnt have them, it just means that those abilities weren't written into a scene. This is kinda like that crazy debate on whether naruto still has his RSM because he didnt use it all the time.

And I'm gonna hold onto my assumptions about the boruto putting his jutsu into the device. It makes too much sense that he only uses the device for suiton/futon/raiton and shadow clones, techs that he is said to have already. And thats how kono explained the device to work to the kids. If you dont think you are required to know the jutsu, that's whatever but I still think thats how Boruto used it.

And unless im wrong, that training was the only time boruto even through a shuriken. And he hit the same marks as the sauce. We know sarada is better because boruto said so but he was still showing skill.

Yes and lying to hype oneself up is exactly in character with Bolt considering he's okay with cheating and acting like said cheated feats were his own.
I don't know why you think characters can't lie 0_0

Assumption? I'm telling you that you are wrong. For instance, Konohamaru is able to use the Nara clan techniques. The jutsu is simply sealed in the scroll and the device activates it so like I said thats no evidence that Bolt knows water or lightning style.

All ninjas practice shuriken throwing since academy days so no.

YEARS LATER WE FINALLY DID IT

WE MADE IT FAM

Tayuya is the best sound 4 member.

rambis

Banned

Sarada possibly getting a hack mangeko is interesting? Ok I guess. I'll admit that boruto was a bit disappointing in the movie considering it was supposed to be his movie but cmon. I've seen about all I think I need to see of this secret Uchiha power. Anything new will feel cheap imo. As I said she is one of my favorite characters but not because of her bloodlines.

Boruto has all the good genes in the world (Uzamaki/Hyuuga dna with his father possessing chakra from all the Bijuu and Rikudo Yin seal & his mother with Hamuras chakra and her eyes) yet none of those superfluous buffs. Im far more interested in his development under Sasuke.

Yup. I was thinking Sarada getting MS from a positive notion (like how she awakened the sharingan though love) and befroe people sya she's going to go blind.....well thats where Sakura's seal comes into play ;)

Tayuya is the best sound 4 member.

Yes and lying to hype oneself up is exactly in character with Bolt considering he's okay with cheating and acting like said cheated feats were his own.
I don't know why you think characters can't lie 0_0

Characters can lie but that's almost always in a context thats actually revealed to the reader in the story so we actually know that its a lie and not to be believed. That never happened here so yeah, its very puzzling that you are holding on to that as a valid point. Its not worth arguing though, I will just stick to what the source material/author actually says.

Assumption? I'm telling you that you are wrong. For instance, Konohamaru is able to use the Nara clan techniques. The jutsu is simply sealed in the scroll and the device activates it so like I said thats no evidence that Bolt knows water or lightning style.

Yeah you are right about the shadow jutsu. That doesn't make my assumption wrong though. It was never revealed where he got the scrolls with the jutsu from so I don't know how you can tell me anything. I'd say its still likely that Bolt sealed his own jutsu into scrolls.

All ninjas practice shuriken throwing since academy days so no.

Wait what? I'm talking about things that we have actually seen.

Characters can lie but that's almost always in a context thats actually revealed to the reader in the story so we actually know that its a lie and not to be believed. That never happened here so yeah, its very puzzling that you are holding on to that as a valid point. Its not worth arguing though, I will just stick to what the source material/author actually says.

Yes and the context is Boruto wanting to impress his dad. He already cheats and acts like he did those jutsus so why would he not talk the talk as well lol
In fact you have provided no evidence that Boruto can use water and lightning style.

Yeah you are right about the shadow jutsu. That doesn't make my assumption wrong though. It was never revealed where he got the scrolls with the jutsu from so I don't know how you can tell me anything. I'd say its still likely that Bolt sealed his own jutsu into scrolls.

Now you're just making stuff up because you can't face the reality of the situation.
Once again no evidence of Boruto having such techniques. Case closed.

Wait what? I'm talking about things that we have actually seen.

Yes and we have seen shuriken target practice as something academy kids do as an exercise.

rambis

Banned
Yes and the context is Boruto wanting to impress his dad. He already cheats and acts like he did those jutsus so why would he not talk the talk as well lol
In fact you have provided no evidence that Boruto can use water and lightning style.

Now you're just making stuff up because you can't face the reality of the situation.
Once again no evidence of Boruto having such techniques. Case closed.

Yes and we have seen shuriken target practice as something academy kids do as an exercise.
Lmao at case closed. You are literally arguing against something stated in the movie with something you came up with. And you say i cant face reality. Thats fucking hilarious.

I already told you once its not worth arguing especially if you are gonna treat your fan theories as fact.

Lmao at case closed. You are literally arguing against something stated in the movie with something you came up with. And you say i cant face reality. Thats fucking hilarious.

I already told you once its not worth arguing especially if you are gonna treat your fan theories as fact.

Ahh the expected "no you" response.
The movie stated and showed the device could use any jutsu inscribed within the scroll. The movie has Bolt numerous times cheating (and hence lying) to impress Naruto. The movie never indicates Bolt having lightning or water jutsus and whats more is he can never perform any without the device.

So please don't act like the movie supports your meaningless conjecture such as "well in my head Bolt sealed his own justus into it."

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Saw this in the pre-release screenshot thread, and it got me to thinking.

image_naruto_ultimate_ninja_storm-8182-1489_0002.jpg

Kid Sasuke was such a good character, and such a good design. I know a lot of people hated him but he really was the perfect rival, the genius kid who can't handle when the loser finally catches up to him. Villain Sasuke is a very unlikable character. This is because he's written to be, sure, but good guy Sasuke was so cool, a character who was in many ways a total asshole but also a good friend and rival - by no means a bad person. His arrogance and angst were constantly set against his love for his friends, and that's what made him appealing. He was capable of a lot more as an older teen, and he had a sword, and his own story arcs, even. But he can't hold a candle to his kid self.

Adult Sasuke is truly the redeemed version of the kid we grew to love and hate at the same time way back when. I really hope this Boruto news is a new series.

As an aside... it's too bad Ninja Storm never looked this good.

rambis

Banned
Saw this in the pre-release screenshot thread, and it got me to thinking.

image_naruto_ultimate_ninja_storm-8182-1489_0002.jpg

Kid Sasuke was such a good character, and such a good design. I know a lot of people hated him but he really was the perfect rival, the genius kid who can't handle when the loser finally catches up to him. Villain Sasuke is a very unlikable character. This is because he's written to be, sure, but good guy Sasuke was so cool, a character who was in many ways a total asshole but also a good friend and rival - by no means a bad person. His arrogance and angst were constantly set against his love for his friends, and that's what made him appealing. He was capable of a lot more as an older teen, and he had a sword, and his own story arcs, even. But he can't hold a candle to his kid self.

Adult Sasuke is truly the redeemed version of the kid we grew to love and hate at the same time way back when. I really hope this Boruto news is a new series.

As an aside... it's too bad Ninja Storm never looked this good.

Sasuke sensei/Uncle Sasuke is the best outcome I think we could've hoped for as far as redemption goes.

finally watched naruto the last.
these feels omg, hold me someone
Yeah the last was pretty good. Boruto has the edge in action and fights but I feel the last was better almost everywhere else.

Watch it be nothing haha :*(

Seriously though. What could it be? It would be very strange for jump to announce an Anime and I certainly don't think its more manga this soon after Koshi "called it quits".

Sai

Maybe we'll be getting a Boruto spin-off headed by Kishimoto's former assistants. Or some content tying in, or adapting the light novels.

Hope it's not just another movie announcement. :/

rambis

Banned
sasuke's brief appearance was fucking badass
Yeah with like the biggest feat in the movie. Such a troll.

If they are gonna keep making movies then I would hope that they slow down the pacing a little. Boruto was a good watch but I felt that it just jumped from spot to spot far too often. That's annoying when it comes to big plot points.

Top Bottom