• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

laugh.gif

What is going on in filler land 0_0 Whose dream is that?

Neat. I'll try it out later... Wait, it's not just the Hashirama vs Madara battle, is it?

What's wrong with it? Miss his duckbutt-hair? :p

If he had Itachi's pony tail, it'd be perfect.

This needs to happen. Sakura got it, why can't Sasuke get it?
Quite a few people see a bit of Madara's look in Adult Sasuke, though I think this is kind of intentional as iirc Kishi said Madara was based of a more extreme Sasuke so perhaps there's some throw back to that?

I think Kishi did great with adult Team 7 designs
tumblr_nzfalvNDU01rzi3uuo2_400.jpg
tumblr_nzfalvNDU01rzi3uuo3_400.jpg

naruto-hokage-header.JPG

Neat. I'll try it out later... Wait, it's not just the Hashirama vs Madara battle, is it?

What's wrong with it? Miss his duckbutt-hair? :p

If he had Itachi's pony tail, it'd be perfect.

This design just looks so plain and weird compared to his others

It's just a way more boring/sterile look

Both manga & anime?

The way the manga makes it look with the detail and lack of colors is better. Looking at him in color in animation makes it look a lot worse.

The way the manga makes it look with the detail and lack of colors is better. Looking at him in color in animation makes it look a lot worse.

SP's art directors are the reason. It looks good when it is animated well:

QuETPqW.gif

tumblr_nsp1k14qvA1r5wdvfo1_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People hating on Naruto in the Boruto countdown thread don't know what's up

Sai

Let 'em hate. It's why we couldn't have any decent Naruto discussion until we got a dedicated community thread.

I get what you're saying. It looks more sensible to me though.

Wonder if Kishimoto streamlined things because there were too many lines involved with Sasuke's old design(s).

Just a question I have after seeing the latest Anime episode.

Wouldn't Sage Mode Naruto alone easily wreck Sasuke with EMS, and maybe even Rinnegan Sasuke?

The new episode makes it seem like they're still even, but if Naruto has Sage Mode already Sasuke would be no match for him ever. Doesn't even need Kurama with Sage powers.

Welfare

Just a question I have after seeing the latest Anime episode.

Wouldn't Sage Mode Naruto alone easily wreck Sasuke with EMS, and maybe even Rinnegan Sasuke?

The new episode makes it seem like they're still even, but if Naruto has Sage Mode already Sasuke would be no match for him ever. Doesn't even need Kurama with Sage powers.

I think that Sage Mode Naruto could outlast MS Sasuke, but EMS is too powerful. Shit never runs out.

lol at that new art by the other author.... it will take time to get use to it

http://shonenjump.viz.com/blog/posts/boruto-s-coming-to-shonen-jump
Naruto fans...your dream has come true! Starting Spring 2016, a special Boruto one-shot created by Masashi Kishimoto and a new monthly series starring Boruto will return to the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump . This brand-new manga series will be supervised by Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto and created by novelist Ukyo Kodachi and artist Mikio Ikemoto. The special one-shot and new monthly series will run simultaneously in the English language version of Shonen Jump ! You may now put on your headband and party down.
So Mikio Ikemoto is/was a assistant for Kishi through out Naruto.... if you want to see his art then you technically already saw it in those special chapter covers

the person likely is going to have the Boruto spinoff rotate around his own style rather then copy and pasting... and top of that he isn't writing the plot but rather a novelist Ukyo Kodachi is...

Kishi will apparently supervise but we all know he wants to later make another series...

Kishi will though make a Boruto oneshot chapter (likely to kickstart it) right when this airs in the Spring

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope studio pierrot keeps their style.
By this do you mean incessant amounts of bad filler episodes? Because that's certainly their style
and they will keep it

captainpat

Oh man, The art style's fine but I dunno about Sarada's new outfit. It's not bad but it's in dire need of pants or leggings or something.

SolVanderlyn

Are the kid on the bottom right and early 2000's pop star girl new characters?

jdkluv

In school, got to get an education before you ninja. Sakura and others are not shown either, so they are most likely just around and couldn't fit in the poster... Hopefully.

B-but she strongest character! Not even the Sauce knocked out Naruto with one punch!

Where's that Princess Himawari SD spin-off in which she meets Edo Tensei'd Uncle Neji when you need it?

A romance manga

A love story is not the same as a romance story. :v

Posting again form other thread:

Kishimoto will supervise the manga, and Ukyō Kodachi (Naruto - Gaara Hiden: Sajingensō novel, Boruto -Naruto the Movie- screenplay cooperation) will write the manga's script. The new manga will focus on Boruto.

Please no.
We want Kishi not some filler novel writer -_____-
Even with supervision I am feeling very wary about this. The art looks very weird in places and wtf is up with Sarada's outfit.

tumblr_inline_npf5k0WCSr1rbdnas_540.jpg

Not as excited as I should be and I can already imagine the canon debates.
Monthly is going to kill pacing unless there's a lot of pages per month which I highly doubt.

First chapter is when?

Time to think up some subtitles for the Boruto |OT|.

Can't we just make this a Naruto manga thread.

captainpat

I heard Kishi is going to do a oneshot for the series in Spring? Is this true?

Sarada's outfit is a disgrace and it is seriously making me wary about the writer and artist. I doubt Kishi is going to have much input.

Yep, there's gonna be a oneshot along side this. God that outfit. Why?

Yep, there's gonna be a oneshot along side this. God that outfit. Why?

Blaming the artist.
Its straight up sexualisation of a child (heels, extremely short skirt, weird pose), outfit has no practicality, why is Sarada the only one with a costume change for no reason at all, especially when Kishi specifically explained the design of Sarada's outfit.

Yado

Yeah...seeing that kills almost all the interest I had in this. Seriously, Sarada in a fucking miniskirt and heels? & that near-upskirt pose? Ugh

Why are they wearing those loose belts around their waists...

& to think I was hoping for someone other than Kishi...

I wonder who that kid at the bottom right is, with dark and blond hair

New character.

Yeah...seeing that kills almost all the interest I had in this. Seriously, Sarada in a fucking miniskirt and heels? & that near-upskirt pose? Ugh

Why are they wearing those loose belts around their waists...

& to think I was hoping for someone other than Kishi...

Its being written by one of the novel writers....which I do not like at all. I believe Kishi knows his characters the best.

I hope their backlash so they change her outfit. Its inexcusable.

Top Bottom