• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Well that was quick xD

tumblr_nzmg67Toud1rvqbgio1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nzmg67Toud1rvqbgio2_1280.jpg

http://thelittlechook.tumblr.com/post/135523119809

tumblr_nzmg0kgS051un7nt1o1_540.jpg

http://finval.tumblr.com/post/135522939151

tumblr_nzlu4bAHUl1tytv3bo1_500.jpg

http://captain-akab.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nzmb60sMzF1u4jsn2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nzmb60sMzF1u4jsn2o5_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nzmb60sMzF1u4jsn2o3_500.jpg

http://shade-of-the-umbella.tumblr.com/post/135517308623/ahahahah-captain-akab

tumblr_nzm4hu6ZGk1uhgyz7o5_1280.jpg

Sharpeye

In other news the day Naruto became Hokage will be animated and be included as an ova in the release of Boruto the Movie on July 6. So look forward to Boruto cowering in fear of his sister in 7 months.

Also isn't Sarada dressed similar to Tsunade when she was little or was that non-cannon, I can't remember.

I should also read the Gaara Hidan to get a feel for the new guy, I liked the Konoha Hidan so I'm cautiously optimistic for this new series next year.

Fj0823

In other news the day Naruto became Hokage will be animated and be included as an ova in the release of Boruto the Movie on July 6. So look forward to Boruto cowering in fear of his sister in 7 months.

Also isn't Sarada dressed similar to Tsunade when she was little or was that non-cannon, I can't remember.

I should also read the Gaara Hidan to get a feel for the new guy, I liked the Konoha Hidan so I'm cautiously optimistic for this new series next year.

FUCK YES, make it 2 hours for all I care.

Do you have manga caps because I don't remember that?
The point is why change Sarada's outfit at all? It was practical, a homage to what Sakura and Sasuke wore, and its design were all explained by Kishi. Why make her wear heels, an extremely short dress to the point you can almost see her butt, why place her in such a pose and why is she the only character who has had a outfit change?
Where ever I go, I am seeing lots of complaints on why the artist changed Kishi's outfit? The whole thing screams heroine fanservice bait which is pathetic and was never in Naruto like this.

Fj0823

Do you have manga caps because I don't remember that?
The point is why change Sarada's outfit at all? It was practical, a homage to what Sakura and Sasuke wore, and its design were all explained by Kishi. Why make her wear heels, an extremely short dress to the point you can almost see her butt, why place her in such a pose and why is she the only character who has had a outfit change?
Where ever I go, I am seeing lots of complaints on why the artist changed Kishi's outfit? The whole thing screams heroine fanservice bait which is pathetic and was never in Naruto like this.

Sex/Shipping sells in Japan unfortunately

Sharpeye

This is what I was thinking of, ya I believe it was filler.

Anyways I don't think shipping will be as nasty as it was before as there is no love triangle BS or red herrings to play off of, so shipping should be very straight forward this time around... Although we all know how passionate some fans can get.

Fj0823

Sarada and Boruto are really good friends, that alone makes them better couple material than the OG pairs, as much as I love NaruHina the second half of the last was full panfully sudden and rushed feelings

jdkluv

Anyways I don't think shipping will be as nasty as it was before as there is no love triangle BS or red herrings to play off of, so shipping should be very straight forward this time around... Although we all know how passionate some fans can get.

Yahagi told Kishimoto to create a rival character (Sasuke) and give that rival a love interest (Sakura) to add a love triangle. Hence, Team 7. Ultimately, though, the planned endgame has been Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura since basically the start.

There was only like 3 red herrings (Yamato's unfinished sentence, Sai's flashback and the Kushina/Sakura parallelism), and all of them were transparent as hell. Oh, and Naruto never loved Sakura. Naruto -> Sakura has always been limited to a plain “suki”, which is far closer to the English “like” than “love”. The fact that Naruto’s crush for Sakura was based on Sakura’s desire for Sasuke to acknowledge her (“All I want for you is to acknowledge me”) was also very off.

Sarada and Boruto are really good friends, that alone makes them better couple material than the OG pairs, as much as I love NaruHina the second half of the last was full panfully sudden and rushed feelings

It's not so much that he falls in love with her over the course of a day, it's that he realizes he was in love with her. The guy's been alone most of his life and he's never had anyone to help him understand romantic love. But in the movie, when he revisits his memories of her, he's able to put it together and realize just how important she is to him.

This is what I was thinking of, ya I believe it was filler.

Her dress is nowhere near as short.
Even Kishi recognises this. There was a Naruto event at Jump Festa where Gaiden was acted out by the VAs and they announced the new manga. Sarada's VA commented that her dress was short, Sasuke's VA said he wanted more moments with Sarada and Kishi called Sarada's new design sensual. He also said that he will just be giving tips.

What do you guys think? Canon or filler? Fandom seems to be a bit split right now.

Village

I understand but one of the best things about Naruto was how it did not have needless, impractical fanservice of its main characters and pander to such a pathetic crowd.

yeah it did

naruto used to litterally turn into sexy naked ladies, and taught someone else to do it, the chunin exam instructor wore nothing but lace and not to mention various filler episodes ect.

And then Naaruto and co became and transformed into hot naked dudes.

Its not as much as others, but it was there, That said put some pants on sarada

Sai

Is the instructor you're talking about Kurenai? I mean, she's been made out to be a pretty lady, but it's not like she was showing off a bunch of skin, or accentuating her curves.

Sexy no Jutsu, Tsunade and Samui's abundant, exposed cleavage... It's not like there's no fanservice at all in this manga, but I always liked that Kishimoto was relatively reserved about it.

Sai

Ah, right. Anko. Open long coat on top of fishnets and a mini-skirt.

Honestly forgot about her.

I recall her gaining a small 'n weird following of fans when those rough sketches of her without the coat started going around.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tsunade is a walking sexualization. So is Mei to a lesser extent. And Samui is even worse than Tsunade

Yado

Tsunade is a walking sexualization. So is Mei to a lesser extent. And Samui is even worse than Tsunade

I don't think so, they have big breasts and their clothing highlights it but that isn't a central aspect of who they are as characters. Kishi definitely doesn't make a point of having them stick their breasts out at people as far as I can recall.

Some info from the Naruto JF event:

• Kishi oneshot is about Mitsuki (rumours going around for some reason that Sasuke is giving him some training?)
  • Scenes from Gaiden were acted by VA's which the crowd enjoyed
  • Crowd got happy with new manga announcement and then sad as Kishi was not writing
  • Sasuke VA requested Kishi to add more father/daughter scenes
  • Sarada VA said her skirt is too short
  • Naruto VA requested more scenes from Kakashi, Gai and Tsunade
  • Kishi says he is giving tips to the new team, series is called Boruto but like Naruto will also have focus on other characters
  • Kishi remarked that Sarada's design is sensual which the crowd laughed to.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
  • Kishi says he is giving tips to the new team, series is called Boruto but like Naruto will also have focus on other characters
By this they mean Sasuke

SoulUnison

Banned

Yeah, because the other Konoha ninja of the generation got so much development and screentime.
Neji is the most remarkable, and his claim to fame is dying.

Where do I go to discuss the original anime? I'm on season 2 and it's that Gaara fight.Gaara is the embodiment of that "this isn't even my final form" meme.

phaze

lol at that new art by the other author.... it will take time to get use to it

Art looks weird aka bad in that shot. No Kishi would mean that there is some hope for it but I fear the entire setup is already saddled with too much crap to make something bearable out of it.

Where do I go to discuss the original anime? I'm on season 2 and it's that Gaara fight.Gaara is the embodiment of that "this isn't even my final form" meme.
There is a thread for it here but be warned that it's mostly dead and now even more than usually cause the anime is in the midst of filler hell.

I think I may have worded it wrong guys xD
You know how Gaiden focused on Sarada and Boruto focused on Boruto, the new series will not be like those two projects but more like the original manga.

I've never seen so much salt in a thread...Naruto doesn't sound like a fun ride. I'm enjoying what I've watched since I was able to get past the horrid hump of the first couple of episodes, but it looks like it really does turn to shit at some point.

Its a rollercoaster.

Its a rollercoaster.
I hated it for years and it took me forever to get passed the first three episodes, I like it now, still waiting for Sakura to do something after getting a draw on Ino and they got rid of Hinata for the time being whom was more interesting than Sakura. I hope to god Hinata joins that team at some point. Orochimaru is broken as fuck and I'm still waiting for the Hokage dude and Orochimaru to finish that soul stealing jutsu battle, it's like the five minutes till Namek thing in DBZ, but I'm assuming it won't last 30 episodes.

Village

Anko at least is in her 20s. Sarada is 11.

i was't justifying sarada

All I said was weird " sexual " shit wasn't foreign in naruto

Not to mention that Sexy no Jutsu is a gag

Gag or no, it still was thing. And it still was weird.

Neji is the most remarkable, and his claim to fame is dying.

Well he's a hyuga, no matter how hard you try, you can't escape that L
The universe saw him being too cool and aptly fixed the problem

, I like it now, still waiting for Sakura to do something .

* regular laughter that grows into maniacal laughter*

SolVanderlyn

Does she seriously just exist to eat L's like they're alphabet soup? I know she eats a massive one in the manga from like earlier this year.
Without going into spoiler territory, she has one AMAZING battle in the beginning of part 2, proceeds to L even harder than ever before multiple times until the very end of the series where she becomes cool again for a time, then L's again in Gaiden.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Without going into spoiler territory, she has one AMAZING battle in the beginning of part 2, proceeds to L even harder than ever before multiple times until the very end of the series where she becomes cool again for a time, then L's again in Gaiden.

She has one chapter where it looks like she might get a W but then promptly takes an L.

Village

Does she seriously just exist to eat L's like they're alphabet soup? I know she eats a massive one in the manga from like earlier this year.

How far are you in, have you gotten past time skip yet? Because she takes an L so big in shippuden than all tundere's everywhere also got hit with an L. And L so larger that it makes you question whether sakura's character is actually on purpose or not.

How far are you in, have you gotten past time skip yet? Because she takes an L so big in shippuden than all tundere's everywhere also got hit with an L. And L so larger that it makes you question whether sakura's character is actually on purpose or not.
I'm not at Shipuuden yet. They're still kids. I'm on what netflix has dubbed season 2. Orochimaru is trying to annihilate the hidden leaf village. You have Guy Sensei and Kakashi bodying mooks, the Hokage and Orochimaru trying to kill each other with the Hokage impaled on Orochimaru's glowing sword with the Hokage trying to rip out Orochimaru's soul. Meanwhile Naruto is now fighting what I'm going to assume is final form Gaara with the giant toad summoning Jutsu, Sakura is just there stuck to a tree having no influence on a fucking thing. I pretty much liked Hinata more when I saw her giving it her all against Naruto. Sakura hasn't done shit since fighting Ino and it just feels like she hasn't remembered how to fight since. When the hell does Hinata come back again? She's sweet.
Is she the most useless female character in anime? Something tells me it gets so bad that even Rock Lee won't want her anymore.

Yado

The only time you're going to see Hinata is when Naruto needs a pep talk. Which is like a handful of times throughout the series.

Edit:
Actually, handful may be being too generous. She's irrelevant.

The only time you're going to see Hinata is when Naruto needs a pep talk. Which is like a handful of times throughout the series.

Edit:
Actually, handful may be being too generous. She's irrelevant.
That's bullshit. So are there any female characters in this thing that don't suck? I've only seen Anko and she got owned by OP as fuck Orochimaru. Ino is ok, but she's just there to make fun of Sakura. There's also Tamare whom I'm going to assume doesn't show up passed a certain point.

Khezu

None of the females do jack shit or ever look cool.

Well, there is one who does some cool shit, but she is only in a flashback for like 5 chapters.

None of the females do jack shit or ever look cool.

Well, there is one who does some cool shit, but she is only in a flashback for like 5 chapters.
Sweet mother of fucking God. It's definitely hitting every shonen trope then. I'll just stop waiting for the XX chromosome cast to put in some work then.

SolVanderlyn

Good. I like Naruto and Sasuke's power increases, but it can't just be about those two.
The woman in question even looks a bit like the character in your avatar. She never L's as hard as Sakura, but she does get sidelined for a good portion of the series. She does, however, remain important throughout. There's also a really cool kage level character that's female, capable, and has a great design and a unique fighting style. They don't show up until way later, well into part 2, though.

Edit: Also, there's a female villain in the last arc of Part 1 that's many people's favorite villain from that particular arc.

The woman in question even looks a bit like the character in your avatar. She never L's as hard as Sakura, but she does get sidelined for a good portion of the series. She does, however, remain important throughout. There's also a really cool kage level character that's female, capable, and has a great design and a unique fighting style. They don't show up until way later, well into part 2, though.

Edit: Also, there's a female villain in the last arc of Part 1 that's many people's favorite villain from that particular arc.
Am I still in part 1? What episode are you guys even at? Does Netflix have Shipuuden for streaming?

SolVanderlyn

Am I still in part 1? What episode are you guys even at? Does Netflix have Shipuuden for streaming?
Part 2 starts with a time skip, so you'll know when it begins. Not sure on Netflix. Part 1 extends a lot further in the anime because the show was in filler hell for a good two years or so; you can safely skip the hundreds of episodes they tack on at the end. Shippuden also adds in a lot of filler, but it does it in a more annoying way where it's peppered throughout the canon story arcs. I reccomend you follow a filler guide (like this one) while watching it.

phaze

You still have like 50 episodes of canon part 1 which ends somewhere in the 130's.

Shippuden aka part 2 is now on episode 442 but if you omit all the filler it's probably more like ~270 episode long.

E: Googling around, it doesn't seem like Netflix has part 2. Can't be sure cause i don't have an account there.

You still have like 50 episodes of canon part 1 which ends somewhere in the 130's.

Shippuden aka part 2 is now on episode 442 but if you omit all the filler it's probably more like ~270 episode long.

E: Googling around, it doesn't seem like Netflix has part 2. Can't be sure cause i don't have an account there.
That last part makes a lot of sense. I guess I just have to find a stream site or something. Why the hell does part 2 have more eps than DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho combined? Is there like a proper watch order for that nonsense like they have for Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

That's bullshit. So are there any female characters in this thing that don't suck? I've only seen Anko and she got owned by OP as fuck Orochimaru. Ino is ok, but she's just there to make fun of Sakura. There's also Tamare whom I'm going to assume doesn't show up passed a certain point.

Sakura is the heroine of the manga and consequently gets the most panel time. She does have several badass moments throughout the show, there's another character which you will be meeting shorty that also has numerous badass moments in the manga and Temari does have a chance to shine later on.

Why the hell does part 2 have more eps than DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho combined? Is there like a proper watch order for that nonsense like they have for Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

Shippuuden is padded, partly due to it running closer to the manga and also because SP are a bad studio who love to insert fillers. Honestly, I would recommend reading the manga.

Top Bottom