• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

phaze

That last part makes a lot of sense. I guess I just have to find a stream site or something. Why the hell does part 2 have more eps than DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho combined? Is there like a proper watch order for that nonsense like they have for Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

Like said above and like with a lot of long running shows, the Pierrot studio, the ones behind the adaptation need to insert filler or alternatively start padding out the material to avoid getting caught up with the manga. They just had more of a window at the very beginning hence why the first part only has one small filler arc within its first 130 episodes. But after that it went into the infamous, so called filler hell of ~90 episodes to get some breathing room.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=501381 is a think the best guide to avoid filler in shippuden as it even lists canon scenes within said filler.

Village

I'm not at Shipuuden yet. They're still kids. I'm on what netflix has dubbed season 2. Orochimaru is trying to annihilate the hidden leaf village. You have Guy Sensei and Kakashi bodying mooks, the Hokage and Orochimaru trying to kill each other with the Hokage impaled on Orochimaru's glowing sword with the Hokage trying to rip out Orochimaru's soul. Meanwhile Naruto is now fighting what I'm going to assume is final form Gaara with the giant toad summoning Jutsu, Sakura is just there stuck to a tree having no influence on a fucking thing. I pretty much liked Hinata more when I saw her giving it her all against Naruto. Sakura hasn't done shit since fighting Ino and it just feels like she hasn't remembered how to fight since. When the hell does Hinata come back again? She's sweet.

Is she the most useless female character in anime? Something tells me it gets so bad that even Rock Lee won't want her anymore.

To answer the first part, I remember kishi talking about how the hyuga's were SUPPOSED to play a larger role in everything making naruto's eventual ending up with hinata making a lot more sense. Well it made sense, but for there to a longer pipeline of things that lead to that. Sadly that doesn't happen, she gets more screen time in the anime than the manga that's for sure.

As for Useless character in anime? Nah Yamcha. People stan sakura, there are no yamcha stans. Well except for the guy that does gintama. Kagome from Inu yasha is pretty useless, she's also an insufferable shit. I watched this anime recently called K project , where most of the characters in this show seem useless in the grand society of things. But they way , that anime was 13 episodes of dissapointment.

Like said above and like with a lot of long running shows, the Pierrot studio, the ones behind the adaptation need to insert filler or alternatively start padding out the material to avoid getting caught up with the manga. They just had more of a window at the very beginning hence why the first part only has one small filler arc within its first 130 episodes. But after that it went into the infamous, so called filler hell of ~90 episodes to get some breathing room.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=501381 is a think the best guide to avoid filler as it even lists canon scenes within the filler.
That is a ton of filler.
To answer the first part, I remember kishi talking about how the hyuga's were SUPPOSED to play a larger role in everything making naruto's eventual ending up with hinata making a lot more sense. Well it made sense, but for there to a longer pipeline of things that lead to that. Sadly that doesn't happen, she gets more screen time in the anime than the manga that's for sure.

As for Useless character in anime? Nah Yamcha. People stan sakura, there are no yamcha stans. Well except for the guy that does gintama. Kagome from Inu yasha is pretty useless, she's also an insufferable shit. I watched this anime recently called K project , where most of the characters in this show seem useless in the grand society of things. But they way , that anime was 13 episodes of dissapointment.
I guess Sakura at least isn't immortalized in a figure like this:
1000096837_6.jpg

Jaded, should let you know everyone here has finished Shippuuden and so there may be spoilers.

I don't recall Kishi every saying Hyuuga were going to be important. The only important plot point of the Hyuuga clan was with Neji. Hinata's character has very little relevance in the manga apart from a few key moments to emphasize her love/support for Naruto. Hanabi is even more irrelevant.

Sharpeye

The one thing I hope the new series does is give a focus on all the next gen kids and not just team 7. So far everyone seems to be getting a decent amount of screen time along with Boruto getting a movie, Sarada being the focus of Gaiden, Mitsuki rumored to be getting a one-shot, and The Day Naruto Became Hokage basically being a Himawari one-shot. I would also like a focus on family to be a big thing for this series as that is what I felt Kishi was going for with the Next Gen so far. I just Hope that Himawari is at least the Konohamaru of the series and not the Hanabi in which she will only be seen in movies.

If nothing else at least we could always wait for the video games to give the source material proper justice.

So...am I the only one who's actually really enjoying the filler that we have right now? I think I just really like the fact that it's just a retelling of the story with different circumstances.

Filler is retelling Naruto if the Uchiha massacre did not happen and Naruto's parents were still alive but the characters are OOC and predictably 1 dimensional, especially Sasuke, so I lost immediate interest.

News has it that March 2016 will have the Itachi ANBU filler arc. This is not even funny anymore.

Well at least will have this new monthly series and UNS4 :)

Erigu

Filler is retelling Naruto if the Uchiha massacre did not happen and Naruto's parents were still alive but the characters are OOC and predictably 1 dimensional, especially Sasuke, so I lost immediate interest.
Not to mention it's a book. Read by someone in a dream. That's some next level shit, when it comes to irrelevant filler.
Also, neither the book nor the dream make sense (we hear Shizune's thoughts when she worries about Tsunade... despite the fact it's Tsunade's dream? and neither Tsunade nor Jiraiya should know half the stuff in that book... or did he (or she?) just happen to guess the exact content of that discussion between kid Sasuke and his father, for example?).
And of course, it's the nth filler arc right in the middle of the freaking final battle. They can't even claim they're stalling in order not to catch up with the manga, at this point.
It's almost a thing of beauty.

bryanee

What episode does this start at? I'd like to have a look.

aly

I can't believe that dumb Itachi novel is getting an anime adaption. I'd rather have nothing at this point.

Not to mention it's a book. Read by someone in a dream. That's some next level shit, when it comes to irrelevant filler.
Also, neither the book nor the dream make sense (we hear Shizune's thoughts when she worries about Tsunade... despite the fact it's Tsunade's dream? and neither Tsunade nor Jiraiya should know half the stuff in that book... or did he (or she?) just happen to guess the exact content of that discussion between kid Sasuke and his father, for example?).
And of course, it's the nth filler arc right in the middle of the freaking final battle. They can't even claim they're stalling in order not to catch up with the manga, at this point.
It's almost a thing of beauty.

None of these dream fillers make sense, are in character or even fit the universe in some cases.

We had Tenten knowing she was under IT and dreaming of RttN universe, Karin dreaming of her supposedly traumatic past and death, Killer bee was some crack induced shit......I mean right now we have filler where Tsunade is dreaming of reading Jiriaya's novel which is not even the actual novel referred to in canon.

SP are either desperate or pathetic at this point. No wonder Kishi gives them no props these days. He's more impressed by the videogames and I can see why because at least they know his characters and stick to the actual story.

What episode does this start at? I'd like to have a look.

The mini arc is called Jiraiya's tale iirc

SoulUnison

Banned
I like how, i this filler universe, there's really been nothing in Sasuke's life for him to complain about, but he's still going complete murderous psycho over Naruto at, like, 12 years old.

Studio Pierrot keeps taking the lessons and themes of the series and smashing them in the dirt.

Tobirama was right.
Uchihas are just crazy and dangerous.

FZZ

Banned
This has to be some of the greatest filler ever done in anime

And I don't mean that it's high quality, I mean that they are literally dragging out the series past it death and then some. Unless they are meticulously animating each episode of the finale so each and every episode is Rock Lee vs. Gaara, Naruto vs. Pein, and Naruto vs. Sasuke level this is all completely unacceptable for how utterly useless it is. I am baffled by how long we have been in filler at this point.

I remember when the latest filler arc had the episode where they saved the jonin and were going home. I was soo happy this shitty perfect life dream of tsunade was ending. Then the explosion happened and made an audible groan, knowing we were in this shitty dream for at least another 10 weeks.

SP logic:
Manga ends at end of 2014
2015 schedule consisted of 8 episodes of padded canon and 44 episodes of filler.
Chunin exam filler arc introduced through a random flashback mid the climax of the fourth war.
IT filler, even when he actual IT dreams were detailed by Kishi, includes OOC characters, alternate universe dreaming and all sense that this is meant to be a dream, is going to become the longest filler arc and placed just before the commencement of the finale of the show.
Another filler arc is already planned on Itachi to begin April 2016.
Yes, its possible that we will not be getting canon episodes till after summer 2016. Think about that for a second. 1.5 years of pointless fillers just before the finale of the show which would take 3 months to complete.

SoulUnison

Banned
Really, the only way to watch the anime is to pop in every 50 episodes or so when one of the more prolific animation directors shows up.

I have something like 300 episodes of Naruto on my external drive, since I just dump TV shows and things there until I need the space again. I mark episodes that have above average animation or meaningful story points with a little "^" mark, and, at around 300 episodes, I've marked...

10 episodes as worth re-watching at some point.

That's pretty bad.

There hasn't been a "must see" episode since Kakashi VS Obito, more than a year ago.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What happened to Shippuden is a travesty. The sequels to the series came out before the series ended

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People hating on Shippuden in off topic. >=<

^^
Possibly this week.

Shippuden was only bad if you followed the anime and had to put up with the fillers and padded canon episodes. Otherwise, its actually great and a worthy successor to the original series. I'll remember the days when people were going crazy over the spoilers for each week, especially when the manga picked up its pace. Hopefully the new manga can do that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Deserved.
Shippuden was series that boiled down to Kishi just using fanfics for the end.

The fights became beam spam or sharingan hax.
Sidecharacters were ignored.

Man original Naruto was so much better.

I have no desire to reread or rewatch Shipudden, and no I didn't follow the anime.

rambis

Banned
Deserved.
Shippuden was series that boiled down to Kishi just using fanfics for the end.

The fights became beam spam or sharingan hax.
Sidecharacters were ignored.

Man original Naruto was so much better.

I have no desire to reread or rewatch Shipudden, and no I didn't follow the anime.
Beam spam? Did you even read the last few fights? Hell 2 of the last 3 fights ended in the most traditional way ever. Talk no Jutsu.

With some of the most major battles in Part 2 settled with or involving Taijutsu (especially toward the finale) or the use wits, you have to wonder how many people actually read through the War Arc. Ninja Alliance VS Obito/Madara and Kaguya, sure there have been some space-ninja moments, and even then it's involving monster battles on the scale we've seen introduced in Part 1 anyway. Some Part 2 complaints are the equivalent of hearing "PS3 HAZ NO GAEMS" in 2012.

With some of the most major battles in Part 2 settled with or involving Taijutsu (especially toward the finale) or the use wits, you have to wonder how many people actually read through the War Arc. Ninja Alliance VS Obito/Madara and Kaguya, sure there have been some space-ninja moments, and even then it's involving monster battles on the scale we've seen introduced in Part 1 anyway. Some Part 2 complaints are the equivalent of hearing "PS3 HAZ NO GAEMS" in 2012.

Or PS4 has no games in 2016 xD I agree with you. Sasuke vs Deidara had more tactics than any Part 1 fight.

rambis

Banned
Well when you complain about things that never happened then maybe thats the impression you give off.

Did you think Naruto would go the whole series without learning to control the massive power he's always had?

rambis

Banned
New Boruto manga tidbits from SJ podcast. Very early translations.

Bullet point:

Series will be alot more scifi based

Kishi confirms that it is cannon and he is taking the supervisor role extremely seriously.

He considers this manga on the same priority as his own personal new manag project.

Like I said very early translations but most seem to confirm the above.

Sou Da

New Boruto manga tidbits from SJ podcast. Very early translations.

Bullet point:

Series will be alot more scifi based

Kishi confirms that it is cannon and he is taking the supervisor role extremely seriously.

He considers this manga on the same priority as his own personal new manag project.

Like I said very early translations but most seem to confirm the above.

I'm kinda wary of this considering how badly established the original's technology level was.

rambis

Banned
One more edit/clarification

Most of the news from kishi is in English I guess, in the pod cast above. I guess they are translating something else.

Top Bottom