• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

rambis

Banned
So am I gonna get a Hyuuga with a sniper rifle? nah they'd never bring in firearms no matter how advanced everything else gets
Well in the movie the Ninja Tool is already basically a gun that fires jutsu. Actually now that I think of it, those scientists were already psuedo villians in Boruto and in Narutos shit list. Maybe they will team up with Orochimaru for more bio-shenanigans.

And I wouldn't worry about the art so much at this point. Kishis early narutos were nothing to write home about. He got alot better with time after drawing it.

I don't see Oro being in the antagonist role again tbh. Doesn't seem like he'd want to do something to put himself against Sasuke and Naruto at this point but idk. That's the impression I got from him in the Boruto miniseries.

Well in the movie the Ninja Tool is already basically a gun that fires jutsu. Actually now that I think of it, those scientists were already psuedo villians in Boruto and in Narutos shit list. Maybe they will team up with Orochimaru for more bio-shenanigans.

And I wouldn't worry about the art so much at this point. Kishis early narutos were nothing to write home about. He got alot better with time after drawing it.

The problem is the guy is already really incredible, which makes the Boruto promo art all the more baffling.

nzn7eshuxf0gg5CMBk1-o.jpg

227934naruto32049s.jpg

Perhaps he attempted to suppress his own style in order to adhere closer to Kishi's? I could definitely see an artist tripping up while trying to mimic someone else on their own. I hope he sticks to his own personal artistry however, because a Boruto manga in that style would be an amazing breath of fresh air.

Yeah, his debut art was mediocre even to his own standards. I reckon he was trying to add a bit of Kishi's style into the designs. I hope he finds his way.
Really glad Kishi is on board in a notable way.

Yado

^^
That's good stuff.

The Boruto cover is the stuff of nightmares. I'm not saying this in comparison to Kishi's work, I just don't find this guy's art to be pleasing to the eye.

rambis

Banned
My position is really just that I dont care. Never been big on the artwork so nothing loss nothing gained.

Im sure it'll get better.

brinstar

I'm Not A Fan but I like the guys other work, hopefully the comic pages look good too. But that poster looks really awkward to me and I don't like the changes to Sarada's outfit.

I'm not sure how interested I am in more Naruto without Kishimoto, or more Naruto so soon, but I guess we'll see how it goes!

rambis

Banned
I'm Not A Fan but I like the guys other work, hopefully the comic pages look good too. But that poster looks really awkward to me and I don't like the changes to Sarada's outfit.

I'm not sure how interested I am in more Naruto without Kishimoto, or more Naruto so soon, but I guess we'll see how it goes!
Its not Naruto without Kishi. He just reaffirmed that he will be heavily supervising this. Its only monthly so its not like its a huge weekly commitment from him. There's not gonna be anything in this series that he doesn't approve. Its very much still his baby.

Not that he's the best writer in the first place.

Its not Naruto without Kishi. He just reaffirmed that he will be heavily supervising this. Its only monthly so its not like its a huge weekly commitment from him. There's not gonna be anything in this series that he doesn't approve. Its very much still his baby.

I can't see why people are so peeved about that. After the last handful of years of part 2, i'm not exactly bothered by him not having as much of a hand in the story from here on out.

brinstar

I know, I meant his art. I should've worded it better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Its.....different. I still can't get over Kishi's style. It just fits Naruto

tumblr_o0orrvfp0U1ux1nsgo2_500.png

Should of got this fan artist ;___;

tumblr_nxcq65jLBx1s60ffpo1_1280.jpg
Asuma the GOAT

Especially young Asuma

180px-Asuma_Young.png

sari.png

harSon

Banned
New Boruto manga tidbits from SJ podcast. Very early translations.

Bullet point:

Series will be alot more scifi based

Kishi confirms that it is cannon and he is taking the supervisor role extremely seriously.

He considers this manga on the same priority as his own personal new manag project.

Like I said very early translations but most seem to confirm the above.

Is this basically Legend of Korra?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
UNS4 lOTl CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

Any new news on the new boruto spin off (is it canon?)

It was said in the WSJ podcast that Kishi is supervising and treating it like the original series (not sure if Kishi said this or a secondary source), though it seems much of the fandom is split on if its canon or not. Hopefully we got some more info and a clearer statement from Kishi.

this
Who cares about Rin anyway? I also wanted Naruto and Sasuke's families to have an UJ. Also a SS UJ.

edit:
They're probably going to make this DLC....aren't they? -_-

CC2 is biased. I think the producer or something admitted to loving Obito hence everything to do with him has excessive fanservice: he has 7 iterations, equal to Naruto and Sasuke, Rin getting better treatment as a result as well as Team kakashi.

Rin's Ouji is amazing though. Been waiting for Sasuke x Sakura Ouji for years but CC2 somehow think Zabuza x Haku is what fans want more. There isn't even a Sasuke x Sarada Ouji and yet we have another Sasuke x Itachi one.

Then you have new Team Ouji's locked behind DLC (lets face it, this is all cut content). Quite disappointed. I'm half expecting more DLC after the season pass :/

SolVanderlyn

So are you making the NS4 thread, PM?

Top Bottom