• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

rambis

Banned
Now this was stupid af because Naruto's resemblance to Minato is uncanny. Konoha either paid very little attention to the latter during his tenure as Hokage or they were/are dumb as rocks. Or a little bit of both lmao.
Looks mean shit. Kushinas pregnancy was a closely guarded secret because of the seal weakening.
It still doesn't make sense to do what they did to him. Deny him any knowledge of his family or clans history, ostracize him from the community, fail to really do any non-academy training (like other kids received) etc, when he's the son of a hero and your villages trump card.

It's like Jiraya was suppose to be his godfather, but was utterly absent his entire life till post invasion.
And again I'll say it makes perfect sense. He's not the villages trump card. Only a trained jinjuriki can control a Bijuu and only the cloud successfully trained their jin. Nobody knows hes the son of a hero, the entire matter was kept secret. He is literally a walking time bomb that can be set off with anger . The Fourth and Kushina, are the only ones in the village able to seal Kurama with his uzumaki seals died fighting the thing. Sarutobi was old and had technically already retired.

This walking time bomb is walking around having just recently killed dozens or hundreds of ninja and the only people able to stop it are dead. It makes perfect sense that parents would tell their kids to stay the hell away from Naruto.

Sakura is highlighted because she represents the village as a whole (yes, this is stupid). Sakura’s hug conveys everyone’s gratitude in that scene and how thankful they are for what he has done for them. The overall scene portrays Naruto being welcome back to Konoha with open arms, and obtaining the acknowledgement he’s always wanted.

Did you forget 98 and 615? Naruto would lost not only the motivation and his "Never give up" attitude, but also the boost in confidence he needed before the Neji fight. And Obito's mindf*ck would have completely demoralized him and the entire Shinobi Alliance.

If that's so, then why did Naruto start to use Hinata's words? Even though she's just a side character... no real important role...

And actually, Naruto candidly mentions Hinata several times on-panel, but do bear in mind that with NaruHina there is more "showing" albeit subtle, than "telling". 615 is literally an on-panel acknowledgement of his to her of how she has always been by his side. Beyond that, he states in dialogue that it was thanks to her always being by his side. To give thanks to her for always (keyword here) being by his side is Naruto acknowledging her impact on him.

The entire point of the narrative is how Naruto inspired Hinata, a weak character to grow into someone who in turn could support him and inspire him (and effectively the Shinobi Alliance) when the chips are down. It's a give and take, and it's about their interaction. Kishimoto's entire thing with Naruto/Hinata was to highlight how a Yin type character (passive/dark/feminine) and a Yang type character (aggressive/bright/masculine) balance each other out to make each other stronger and bring the best of us.

Technically, Hinata never said she loves him.

Do not confuse the anime, which completely messes with the storyline, with the manga. As someone who never watches the anime and strictly follows the manga, I’m assuming that’s what is causing you to have some of your obvious misinformation. If you pay attention to the anime to the point that you think anime events are part of the actual story, then your argument becomes invalid right from the start due to the fact that you’re working under a false premise.

I consider the anime adaptation to have butchered the characterization of many important characters to the series, and have clearly pandered to a variety of pairing fandoms which is not true of the manga itself. So, if you question things and consider the anime valid, I don’t blame you.

I honestly prefered it this way. It made Naruto's reaction to her being hurt even more spectacular. :V Plus, Pain already one-shotted the entire village in about 10 seconds.

Kishimoto never said this. Instead, he said thrice that NaruHina (and SasuSaku) was planned since the very early stages of the story and even partially laid out their development in a Databook. The pairing itself also makes makes sense thematically.

I don't recall Naruto inviting Sasuke to a bowl of ramen for protecting him from Haku. That being said...

This is funny, because Naruto was far more emotionally invested in Hinata’s struggle against Neji than he’s ever actually paid attention to Sakura’s character growth throughout the course of the story. Naruto has repeatedly shown ignorance of Sakura's desires outside of Sasuke, ever since the very beginning. With Hinata he actually manages to efficiently develop with, while with Sakura it doesn't go much beyond "You really like Sasuke, huh?".

The whole Naruto/Sasuke thing was just a run-a-mil rivalry until it suddently got "deep" via half-assed flashbacks for substance (in which both characters regard the other pretty much the same way Hinata did Naruto, only becoming competitive rather than affectionate) that Kishimoto had to overdramatize to give Naruto a reason to keep chasing Sasuke in Part II, hence the whole "You were my first bond even though we never actually spoke". It’s cool to make him empathize over the pain of loneliness, but it was done infintely better with Gaara IMO.

Oddly enough, all of Naruto's major developments as a character and person come from interactions with characters thematically considered on the outside of what classifies as the manga's "starring cast": Iruka, Hinata, Neji, Gaara, Jiraiya, Chiyo, Minato, Nagato, Karui, Killer Bee, Kushina, Itachi, Son and the Yonbi...

- Swearing vengeance on her blood.
- Fighting hard for her against Neji.
- Admiring her.
- Always smiles around her (unlike with Sakura, which makes Sai's book quote pretty silly).
- The face of awe he always does at her when she does something amazing.
- Lost his shit when she was stabbed.
- Has some implied mental connection with her on a few occasions.
- Acts tough because Hinata’s there, according to Kiba (and we all know Kiba is a honest guy and can detect bullshit).
- Hold her hand (an explicit romantic gesture in Japanese culture)

That's more than there was for Naruto and any other girl, and more care that Naruto has shown for most characters. The only character whose even slightly comparable is Sasuke.

You monster! Killer Bee was awesome ever since he whooped Sasuke's ass.
I know I'm not supposed to be in here any more, but I just routinely scan to make sure I have to answer to something, but thanks for clearing this up for me. I guess my rage should just be more aimed directly at the anime itself instead of the manga which is a less fucked with source of reference as a whole. So am I just dumb for thinking Pierrot could adapt Naruto accurately or do I actually at least have legitimate concerns with how the anime is presenting the story? Cause just certain things just never add up for me. I guess I just got too wrapped up in standing up for Hinata cause Sakura...Sakura just ain't my homegirl.

I have the oddest feeling that regardless of what you intake you won't be a fan of Sakura. Thats okay. Everyone has their faves and dislikes.....its just my fave is better than yours :p
I'm just going to ignore that last part and just agree to disagree, we can't be having waifu wars across two separate threads. Sakura better than Karin though, that's for god damn sure, unless whatever the hell people keep waiting for me to witness is really that god damn dumb, and it'll have to be real fucking dumb for me to put Karin over Sakura.

I'm just messing with you xD
Karin's creepy -____-
Yes, she is. Her keeping a Ziploc bag full of Sasuke's toenail clippings, hair and old soap is not above her...nothings above her. "Karin, what the fuck are you doing in here? This is my personal toilet!" "Um...Sasuke...I just figured I'd clean it." "With your tongue?"

ghstwrld

Sakura and Sasuke are my favourite characters Jaded.
tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif

flaw-free taste tbh

Yes, she is. Her keeping a Ziploc bag full of Sasuke's toenail clippings, hair and old soap is not above her...nothings above her. "Karin, what the fuck are you doing in here? This is my personal toilet!" "Um...Sasuke...I just figured I'd clean it." "With your tongue?"

w6YNkcc.gif

jdkluv

I know I'm not supposed to be in here any more, but I just routinely scan to make sure I have to answer to something, but thanks for clearing this up for me. I guess my rage should just be more aimed directly at the anime itself instead of the manga which is a less fucked with source of reference as a whole. So am I just dumb for thinking Pierrot could adapt Naruto accurately or do I actually at least have legitimate concerns with how the anime is presenting the story? Cause just certain things just never add up for me. I guess I just got too wrapped up in standing up for Hinata cause Sakura...Sakura just ain't my homegirl.

Why don't we have both.gif

But yeah, SP is pretty bad. They are bias and inaccurate with what they do to Kishimoto's work. The worst offense is Yuka Miyata and her lackies. She's also the one behind Road to Ninja, which is why that movie was so heavily NaruSaku and also why Sakura had to be reduced back to her chapter 3 state for her character arc to work. She's also the primary screenplay writer for Shippūden episodes 235 and 308, aka the filler episodes in which Naruto says "I have a girl I love named Sakura-chan" (even though his crush was just a gag fueled by his rivalry with Sasuke and he never qualifies it above a mere "suki" in the manga) and Sakura says [referring to Sasuke] "I too couldn't kill the man I used to love" respectively.

Still, SP brought The Last, and I <3 The Last. Sure, SP had Naruto super dumb at times in fillers and even introduced the idea of him being scared of ghosts (which certainly wasn't the case in canon when he met Hagoromo), but the type of obliviousness used in The Last falls more in line with what Kishimoto used before for the sake of comedy than on what SP writers did when they wanted to buy time for the manga. Add to that the fact that when looking into Maruo Kyozuka's portfolio, he had no prior involvement with the Naruto anime (nor any notable series worth an ANN profile), so he couldn't have had any preexisting biases from other staff members that would affect the decision of making Naruto oblivious of Hinata's and his own feelings for 2 years. In fact, the only one who held any pressure on him was Kishimoto himself, who kept red pencilling his scripts for so long the team in charge of animating the movie was worried they wouldn't meet the deadline.

If I were you, I would just read the manga and check the following episodes:

- The first 10 minutes from episode 1
- 119~120 (Kakashi Gaiden)
- 131~132~133 (Jiraiya vs. Pain)
- 166~167
- 248~249

Those are the best and most well-animated episodes from Shipp&#363;den. Everything from this list is absolutely worth a watch.

Cascade best Ending theme song. :p

I have the oddest feeling that regardless of medium intake I wouldn't be a fan of Sakura.

Well, that depends on what you don't like about her. I really like both girls, but that's just me.

I'm just going to ignore that last part and just agree to disagree, we can't be having waifu wars across two separate threads. Sakura better than Karin though, that's for god damn sure, unless whatever the hell people keep waiting for me to witness is really that god damn dumb, and it'll have to be real fucking dumb for me to put Karin over Sakura.

^^

Sasuke would have lost all my respect had he ended up with Karin. Thank goodness he developed feelings for Sakura before leaving Konoha and never gave a single damn about Hebi/Taka. :V

I could tolerate Sakura but she lost me when Sasuke left in part 1. Her shouting and giving up her morals just to try to keep Sasuke there was what really pissed me off. None of the other women in Naruto would do that. I've spoken to Mantis about it heavily but it's just not a "woman of strength" move to me. It's not even an act of self sacrifice like with Hinata did for Naruto, she just lowered herself. Other than that I mainly just wish they were able to be more equal with the female portrayal. I like a lot of the female characters and I just wish I got to spend more time with them. That's mainly my main gripe. I don't like Sakura enough for her to be the main female focal point for what feels like 85% of the canon episodes. The Hebi/Taka or useless jobber joke bonds to attempt to fill the team 7 gap. Sasuke don't need them and just solos for the most part any way. Only useful one is Karin being used as a soliton radar.

ghstwrld

she was just desperate and willing to say just about anything to sway him even a little; it's akin nardo giving into nine-tails

And again I'll say it makes perfect sense. He's not the villages trump card. Only a trained jinjuriki can control a Bijuu and only the cloud successfully trained their jin. Nobody knows hes the son of a hero, the entire matter was kept secret. He is literally a walking time bomb that can be set off with anger . The Fourth and Kushina, are the only ones in the village able to seal Kurama with his uzumaki seals died fighting the thing. Sarutobi was old and had technically already retired.

This walking time bomb is walking around having just recently killed dozens or hundreds of ninja and the only people able to stop it are dead. It makes perfect sense that parents would tell their kids to stay the hell away from Naruto.

You are using circular reasoning here. He's a ticking timebomb because hes not trained, so lets not train him to make him a ticking time bomb? That makes sense?

And remember Jiraya? Seal master and all? Who was able to seal him back up after his first four tails rampage and who holds the keys to the seal with his frog summons.

You know, the guy who trained to train him on Jin use over the timeskip? Imagine if he had 12 years of careful training and not 2-3 years of crash course training over a timeskip. OR you know, the emotional training and discipline to keep Karuma in check?

Naruto was clearly able to learn to control his in time, so arguing that he shouldn't have been trained because timebomb is completely illogical. The village knew such a thing could be done, and had a long history with this Jin. Instead of doing anything rational with this, they purposely created a timebomb instead of a proper national resource.

Naruto was one of the greatest untapped genius of his age, left to completely flounder with no support for the majority of his life. He went from barely passing the academy to going toe to toe with Kage ranked nins in what, 3-4 years?

My whole point was, in the context of late series lore and knowledge, early series makes absolutely no sense. Ch1 only makes sense in terms of ch 1 lore (Naruto is literally the fox in human form), pre-timeskip makes sense only in terms of it's lore (Hosts are inherently unstable timebomb, nigh uncontrollable, barely tolerated). Post time skip only makes sense to itself (jin can be controlled, have long history, many previous hosts, maintain balance of power, etc).

Looks mean shit. Kushinas pregnancy was a closely guarded secret because of the seal weakening.
Looks mean everything, especially considering Naruto and Minato were the only yellow haired people in the entire goddamn village.

And I believe you're mistaken. The date and location of Naruto's birth was kept secret, but I'm pretty sure her pregnancy was known to the public. Chapter 500 page 11.

I don't believe for a second that Mikoto would be part of a closely guarded secret.

But why did it have to be announced that Naruto was the Kyuubi's Jinchuriki anyway? Chapter 500 page 5.

Kushina's secret was known to only 3 people. So why couldn't the same be applied to Naruto?

Chapter 504 page 8. You can also see that Sarutobi and two other ninja (that weren't apart of the secret birth) saw Minato and Kushina protecting their son. And even though the former states out loud that Naruto was to be the Jinchuriki (504, page 9) he still could have made the other ninja at the site keep their traps closed. I mean there's even a jutsu for it.

---

Actually going back to chapter 2 , Sarutobi stated that his status as a Jinchuriki was kept a closely guarded secret among the adults. But still he could have kept the secret to the 2 ninja at the site and the 2 high councillors, but nope he decided to tell all of the adults.

But it begs the age old question of why did he keep Naruto's parentage a secret but not his status as Jinchuriki to the adult public? There is no reason whatsoever, especially with the uncanny yellow hair and a resemblance to his mother's face (498; page 8).

On another point however, he also stated on the same page that ''it was the fondest wish of the fourth lord hokage that our people come to regard Naruto as their saviour and hero. He made that wish for him, sealed the child's fate... and died'.

Well he fucked that up didn't he? Making it known that Naruto was the 4th Hokage and Kushina's son would have alleviated quite alot of resentment from the village. Not all of it, but enough so that Naruto wouldn't have been subject to as much prejudice as he was.

she was just desperate and willing to say just about anything to sway him even a little; it's akin nardo giving into nine-tails
It's always going to be something that doesn't make sense when you compare her to the other women. Shizune was never like that with Tsunade and Shizune was a jobber ass jobber. Woman still held her damn ground though.

There's now a thread in OT you can voice your opinions Jaded.
I'm practically in there laughing at the OP for melting down at filler. Of all the things to get pissed off by filler was not one of them to me, I was legit pissed by actual story beats. Fucking light weight...filler...lol!!!! Dude probably isn't man enough to come to one of the actual Naruto threads and throw down with Psycho Mantis.

I'm at ep 204 and this just proves that Sasuke gives zero fucks at all for the Hebi/Taka or whatever they're called. Karin only got saved cause he needs his soliton radar.

rambis

Banned
Mr Antimatter said:
You are using circular reasoning here. He's a ticking timebomb because hes not trained, so lets not train him to make him a ticking time bomb? That makes sense?
Nah, you are just confused. He's a ticking timebomb because he cannot control Kurama. Why? The answer is because he's a child. Why can't they just train him? Only the god tier ninja Madara and Hashirama were able to control tailed beasts. And Naruto didn't have access to Kuramas power anyway. While the seal was intact, he could only use what Kurama gave him. The first time the seal opened Naruto transformed into the four tails and almost killed Jiraya.
And remember Jiraya? Seal master and all? Who was able to seal him back up after his first four tails rampage and who holds the keys to the seal with his frog summons.
No. Jiraya couldn't do the Uzumaki seal that Minato used. I wanna say that's part one even. He used the same tag that he gave kakashi to stop the transformation in the first shippuden arc. Jiraya only holds the key to unlock the seal. Minato redid the seal in the pain arc.

You know, the guy who trained to train him on Jin use over the timeskip? Imagine if he had 12 years of careful training and not 2-3 years of crash course training over a timeskip. OR you know, the emotional training and discipline to keep Karuma in check?

Similar to the above, he can only get the chakra that kurama wants to give him and the tiny bits that float thru the seal. There is no magic training. Well actually there is. But its belongs to the cloud. Well im sure Raikage would've been more than accommodating.

You have to either befriend the tailed beast or have enough strength to take their chakra.

Naruto was clearly able to learn to control his in time, so arguing that he shouldn't have been trained because timebomb is completely illogical. The village knew such a thing could be done, and had a long history with this Jin. Instead of doing anything rational with this, they purposely created a timebomb instead of a proper national resource.

Jiraya loosened the seal on a part one aged Naruto and he immediately transformed and nearly killed him. The fact that you keep going on about them starting to train him much younger shows you lack understanding of the dynamics here. Kurama is the most powerful thing in the world and he had deep hatred for humans.

Naruto truly learned to control kuramas chakra very late in the series. When he actually had enough strength to take his chakra.

Naruto was one of the greatest untapped genius of his age, left to completely flounder with no support for the majority of his life. He went from barely passing the academy to going toe to toe with Kage ranked nins in what, 3-4 years?
This my friend is what we call plot. Naruto actually wasn't very smart at all. He struggled thru basically everything he ever learned.
My whole point was, in the context of late series lore and knowledge, early series makes absolutely no sense. Ch1 only makes sense in terms of ch 1 lore (Naruto is literally the fox in human form), pre-timeskip makes sense only in terms of it's lore (Hosts are inherently unstable timebomb, nigh uncontrollable, barely tolerated). Post time skip only makes sense to itself (jin can be controlled, have long history, many previous hosts, maintain balance of power, etc).
It honestly just seems like you don't know the material well.

I've read every chapter and debated all this god knows how many times online over the last few years.

Trust me, i'm familiar with the background here.

Nah, you are just confused. He's a ticking timebomb because he cannot control Kurama. Why? The answer is because he's a child. Why can't they just train him? Only the god tier ninja Madara and Hashirama were able to control tailed beasts. And Naruto didn't have access to Kuramas power anyway. While the seal was intact, he could only use what Kurama gave him. The first time the seal opened Naruto transformed into the four tails and almost killed Jiraya.

You need to review the material here, as well as get beyond this notion of 'training = opening the seal' which is nonsense. Training can be emotional, meditative, disciplined, etc to prepare him for the burden he has to carry. The 'seal' wasn't removed till the fight with Tobi, before then, it was very much intact. What Jiraya was trying to do was find his limit in a hurry, due to the threat he knew was coming. He was able to handle up to three tails with full control it seemed. Good enough to nearly one shot orochimaru, if not for his ability to vomit up new bodies.

He could use what was given, sure, nice that they didn't let him know it was even there to ask for for twelve years. Because 'reasons' apparently, that clash with later lore, heck, it classes with lore from chapter 2!

No. Jiraya couldn't do the Uzumaki seal that Minato used. I wanna say that's part one even. He used the same tag that he gave kakashi to stop the transformation in the first shippuden arc. Jiraya only holds the key to unlock the seal. Minato redid the seal in the pain arc.

The tag was what I was referring to. Unless he knew how the seal worked rather intimately no way he could have crafted such a thing. Apparently knowledge of how it worked, or at least other uzumaki seals worked, was out there enough for Orochimaru to free the kages.

Similar to the above, he can only get the chakra that kurama wants to give him and the tiny bits that float thru the seal. There is no magic training. Well actually there is. But its belongs to the cloud. Well im sure Raikage would've been more than accommodating.

You have to either befriend the tailed beast or have enough strength to take their chakra.

Training obviously exists, Jiraya was able to force hi to tap into it to lean summoning, as well as push him up to three tails stably. Not o mention all his other skills that were refined over the timeskip. OR gained from training pre skip that could have been taught to him much earlier, etc.

Jiraya loosened the seal on a part one aged Naruto and he immediately transformed and nearly killed him. The fact that you keep going on about them starting to train him much younger shows you lack understanding of the dynamics here. Kurama is the most powerful thing in the world and he had deep hatred for humans.

Naruto truly learned to control kuramas chakra very late in the series. When he actually had enough strength to take his chakra.

Right, so lets give the kid absolutely no training in any area, no bonds to lean on mentally, no connections to the village besides scorn, and just hope for the best. Which is what apparently, they did. Because reasons.

Hence, my cries of odd reasoning here. You are trying to justify early lore that classes with later lore by claiming 'hes a kid'. Didn't stop all the other clans from teaching god knows what to kids, or promotingt kids out of the academy at even younger ages and sending them off to fight. Age has never shown to be a limiting factor in the naruto verse. Even if it wasn't 'lets bring out more bijou power' thre is any number of other areas that could have been trained that were ignore for no reason that fits with later lore.

This my friend is what we call plot. Naruto actually wasn't very smart at all. He struggled thru basically everything he ever learned.

See above. No training in any areas, no positive reinforcement = potential goes unrealized. Funny how fast he advanced when he was actual given that stuff, right? Being the son of a kage, you'd think he would have gotten that sooner. And you know, the emotionally stunting a kid carrying a nuke inside doesn't seem wise.

It honestly just seems like you don't know the material well.

Nope, know it plenty. The problem is the material itself: it was made up as it went along, with no regard to prior history/events/reasoning. Ch 2 retcons chapter 1, PTS events contradict part 1 events. Good luck ever creating a proper timeline, any explanation for any tech we see (which is all over the map). Heck, power creep alone defied all matter of rules and events pre time skip. Lets not even get into the weird politics seen, and the complete lack of division of labor for the executive branch (hokage).

Naruto is, if anything, a failure in constraint world building or understanding of how many systems work.

SP broke him ;____;
I wonder if he knows that there are still at least 4 months of filler left.
Fool was broken by filler, I was broken by plot. I would've just watched something else to wait out the filler, he just kept going on through it. I feel no sympathy for that man. There are some people in that thread with whacked out taste in Shonen.

rambis

Banned
You need to review the material here, as well as get beyond this notion of 'training = opening the seal' which is nonsense. Training can be emotional, meditative, disciplined, etc to prepare him for the burden he has to carry. The 'seal' wasn't removed till the fight with Tobi, before then, it was very much intact. What Jiraya was trying to do was find his limit in a hurry, due to the threat he knew was coming. He was able to handle up to three tails with full control it seemed. Good enough to nearly one shot orochimaru, if not for his ability to vomit up new bodies.
LOL. Review what? Specify. What is this training going to accomplish that is so important that it can't wait till the academy? This seems like a very small hair dude. And you said train to use his powers since he could stand, not I. The only training is gaining enough power to overpower the bijuu. Or becoming its friend.

Narutos seal bust in the pain arc, which is how Minato was released. He also opened it to take Kuramas chakra with B, which is how kushina was released. Naruto wasn't really in control in the three tailed stage either. Maybe you should review?
He could use what was given, sure, nice that they didn't let him know it was even there to ask for for twelve years. Because 'reasons' apparently, that clash with later lore, heck, it classes with lore from chapter 2!
Who cares about such menial things? Theres no clash. You for some odd reason can't accept the palpable fact that people project their hate of the Kyuubi onto Naruto.

The tag was what I was referring to. Unless he knew how the seal worked rather intimately no way he could have crafted such a thing. Apparently knowledge of how it worked, or at least other uzumaki seals worked, was out there enough for Orochimaru to free the kages.
Im sure you were. But its never stated that Jiraya made those seals or how they even work. Lets stick to the manga please. And it took orochimaru years to find that data and he's probably the best one at the sort of task.

Training obviously exists, Jiraya was able to force hi to tap into it to lean summoning, as well as push him up to three tails stably. Not o mention all his other skills that were refined over the timeskip. OR gained from training pre skip that could have been taught to him much earlier, etc.
No. Again reread the manga. Kurama gave him chakra. Jiraya just put him in a life or death situation. What other skills? The only way naruto progressed as a jinjuriki during the time skip is losing control more.
Right, so lets give the kid absolutely no training in any area, no bonds to lean on mentally, no connections to the village besides scorn, and just hope for the best. Which is what apparently, they did. Because reasons.

Lol what are you talking about? He had the best jonin in the village as his sensei.

Hence, my cries of odd reasoning here. You are trying to justify early lore that classes with later lore by claiming 'hes a kid'. Didn't stop all the other clans from teaching god knows what to kids, or promoting kids out of the academy at even younger ages and sending them off to fight. Age has never shown to be a limiting factor in the naruto verse. Even if it wasn't 'lets bring out more bijou power' thre is any number of other areas that could have been trained that were ignore for no reason that fits with later lore.
You are comparing things they did in wartime to the state of things when Naruto was born? And are claiming you are an expert debater of the series? Age has always been a limiting factor. Their are multiple things that are beyond your strength at certain ages.

Your fascination with the mostly meaningless period of Narutos training pre academy days is uncanny. And I fail to see how it doesn't make any sense. Naruto was a dumbass because Kishi wanted him to be a dumbass. Even if they literally "started training him from the day he could stand" , if the plot called for him to be a talentless little shit, then guess what he would've been. From the first couple arcs of part 1 he had 2 legendary shinobi as tutors. You argument of them ignoring him makes no fucking sense.

See above. No training in any areas, no positive reinforcement = potential goes unrealized. Funny how fast he advanced when he was actual given that stuff, right? Being the son of a kage, you'd think he would have gotten that sooner. And you know, the emotionally stunting a kid carrying a nuke inside doesn't seem wise.
Oh god. Blah. You do know this is called plot right?

Nope, know it plenty. The problem is the material itself: it was made up as it went along, with no regard to prior history/events/reasoning. Ch 2 retcons chapter 1, PTS events contradict part 1 events. Good luck ever creating a proper timeline, any explanation for any tech we see (which is all over the map). Heck, power creep alone defied all matter of rules and events pre time skip. Lets not even get into the weird politics seen, and the complete lack of division of labor for the executive branch (hokage).

I really can't tell. You're honestly all over the place and seem to lack any understanding of the world.. Alot was created on the fly yes, as most serial mangas are. This is what happens when you suddenly become alot more popular. Who gives a shit about the politics man? Good god.
Naruto is, if anything, a failure in constraint world building of understanding of how many systems work.
No, this is what your understanding mostly is.

shizune also isn't twelve, last I checked
Fine duly noted but Temari wouldn't act like that either and they're both of similar age. If Kishi does some hardcore character assassination on Temari then act like this post doesn't exist then lol.

Why are two intelligent people arguing about the consistency of Plot No Jutsu?

rrc1594

Playing Naruto up to Obito vs The Fourth, and I can't say this enough fuck Obito. Have no sympathy for his bitch ass. The way he killed Naruto parents was sad man.

Speaking of that one of the biggest misconceptions is people thinking Naruto called Obito the coolest guy. In said scene Naruto was referring to the Obito that shared his dream of being Hokage and never giving up on his friends. I guess thats one of the downsides of being a manga reader: incorrect translations can warp your views.

TUSR

Banned
Speaking of that one of the biggest misconceptions is people thinking Naruto called Obito the coolest guy. In said scene Naruto was referring to the Obito that shared his dream of being Hokage and never giving up on his friends. I guess thats one of the downsides of being a manga reader: incorrect translations can warp your views.

My brother gave me the last few volumes for Christmas, and the Viz release had some pretty crucial lines of dialogue changed.

ghstwrld

Fine duly noted but Temari wouldn't act like that either and they're both of similar age. If Kishi does some hardcore character assassination on Temari then act like this post doesn't exist then lol.

Why are two intelligent people arguing about the consistency of Plot No Jutsu?

sis, we're talking about the same temari who views her little brother as almost nothing more than a weapon and fails to intercede on his behalf even when he is clearly suffering and deteriorating, yes?

obviously, there are completely reasonable and extenuating circumstances for her actions, but per your moral absolutism, temari is trash

sis, we're talking about the same temari who views her little brother as almost nothing more than a weapon and fails to intercede on his behalf even when he is clearly suffering and deteriorating, yes?

obviously, there are completely reasonable and extenuating circumstances for her actions, but per your moral absolutism, temari is trash
Wait that's really his god damn sister? I thought she was just joking when she said that. Temari really is a trash tier sister if she allowed her brother to fall that fucking hard. There really is no woman of Naruto that isn't at the pinnacle of failure is there?

lol ghrst is savage
Looking at things in retrospect, I do think we have a tendency to look into things too much....this is a shounen manga after all.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just watched The Last. WTF at people saying it sucks.

Pros:
+Yellow Rasengan (manga accuracy)
+AMAZING animation
+Snow everywhere
+Exposition on Hamura's story
+Hamura appearing directly
+More stuff about the moon that was hinted at towards the end of the series
+Hinata does a LOT and the Hyugas finally get focused on
+Hanabi actually shows up and is important (her personality is awesome too)
+Five man rescue team was awesome

Cons:
-Too much focus on scarves
-The beginning is kind of slow
-Naruto's new clothes are kind of doofy looking
-Not enough Sasuke... why was he even in the promo material if he barely shows up?
-Not enough Hiashi
-Toneri is kind of a loser
-Why is he the only one left on the moon? There's entire villages that are just abandoned. Why?
-The chakra apocalypse clocks were really stupid
-Moon cannon was also stupid, also fuck you A for almost killing Naruto

I liked it a lot. A flawed movie for sure, but still very enjoyable with payoff for fans of the series. FINALLY resolved the Naruto/Hinata relationship and gave her a lot of screentime (and she was awesome).

Top Bottom