• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hinata with actual canon screen time? Being awesome? Sounds like I'd actually like it.
It's basically Hinata's movie. Naruto obviously still does most of the stuff but Hinata is so important that Naruto can't complete some major plot points without her. Sakura actually fights (fights for real, with her fists) again, too.

It's basically Hinata's movie. Naruto obviously still does most of the stuff but Hinata is so important that Naruto can't complete some major plot points without her. Sakura actually fights (fights for real, with her fists) again, too.
So why wasn't this liked again? This actually sounds good.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It starts off rather slowly and has some plot points that might be considered ridiculous by some. But they're no more ridiculous than what the last arc of the series throws at you, so once you finish that you should know what to expect, pretty much. Also it spends like seventy billion scenes focusing on a scarf Hinata knit.

The final fight is absolutely amazing to watch, it's a great movie

It starts off rather slowly and has some plot points that might be considered ridiculous by some. But they're no more ridiculous than what the last arc of the series throws at you, so once you finish that you should know what to expect, pretty much. Also it spends like seventy billion scenes focusing on a scarf Hinata knit
Sounds no worse than typical Naruto.

Yado

It's more romance focused I guess.
The movie starts out with an attempt to kidnap her in which she was a damsel who did nothing to save herself and it pretty much set the tone for her character throughout the entirety of the movie so idk...maybe my idea of what would be a good way to portray Hinata differs greatly from Sol's

You like Naruhina so that may be enough to satisfy you, and Hinata does get a lot of screentime so there's that.

SolVanderlyn

Sasuke stepped up his game for The Last, only to not even use it.

HFhdwG0.jpg

Oh, he listened

3LWrnXA.jpg

Ahh yea, so much so that fans in Japan complained to the extent that even Kishimoto had to come out and make a statement that he heard the criticisms. No surprise that Boruto, written entirely by Kishi, has Sasuke in the lead role and is received by fans much better.
This is Japan that still stans Kira Yamato. I don't trust their opinions 100%

Khezu

Sasuke was only ever fun when he was getting his shit pushed in.
When ever they played his edgelordness straight, it was just cringe inducing.

He seems fine now that he grew up into Professor Snape.
If anything he now comes off as dorky dad.

I personally don't like The Last for some of its retcons or OOC feelings. Boruto feels a lot more consistent with the manga, though its expected as Kishi wrote the entirety of the latter.

This is Japan that still stans Kira Yamato. I don't trust their opinions 100%

They probably don't trust yours either but Sasuke being popular is not something exclusive to Japan.

Sharpeye

Sasuke was only ever fun when he was getting his shit pushed in.
When ever they played his edgelordness straight, it was just cringe inducing.

He seems fine now that he grew up into Professor Snape.
If anything he now comes off as dorky dad.

I never really liked young Sasuke and to a lesser extent young Sakura, but I like them as adults and their daughter is my favorite next gen character. They're fine characters when they have their shit together and not causing stupid trouble.

brinstar

I kind of wish adult Sasuke was a little less stoic but other than that he's cool in my book. The only time he was annoying to me was during that streak in the series where he was seemingly bulletproof around the time when he absorbed Orochimaru.

rambis

Banned
Kishi had The Last rewritten several times to his liking. Its not entirely written by him no, but its layed out the way he wants to explain what happens between chapter 699 and 700. Its obvious why Sasuke isn't in it. Naruto and Hinata are his favorite characters and this is their love story.

Yado

Ah, it felt fresh. Maybe it's the new characters.

I didn't care for The Last and the one before it was so boring I couldn't finish.

rambis

Banned
Ah, it felt fresh. Maybe it's the new characters.

I didn't care for The Last and the one before it was so boring I couldn't finish.
New cast is great I agree. I love how OP Borutos team is already.

The last needed to happen imo . Either that or more manga. Far too many things went unexplained in the ending arc.

This Oohutsuki plotline isn't that good though. I really hope they go another direction but I have a feeling its time to go to Namek if you get what I mean.

Who wrote Boruto? Other than the lack of Sarada it was flawless. Only good Naruto movie tbh

Its because Kishimoto wrote the entire script for Boruto which was then looked over by the studio. Meanwhile in The Last is was the other way around, Kishi himself admitting he did not write the film, but red penciled it. The result is many OOC moments and retcons have been overlooked.

The Naruto fan base would agree with you. Boruto has gotten positive reception everywhere.

rambis

Banned
There's plenty of reasons why Boruto is received better than the last but Kishimoto/Kodachis writing isn't one of them imo. Again the last is the story as he saw fit. The biggest difference is animation supervised by Yamashita versus SP fodders, which made for a lot of epic fights which The Last lacked. They weren't confined to chapter 699 and 700 so alot of new characters and Sasuke could be apart of it which are fan favorites.

The Last was Narutos most successful movie before Boruto released.

SolVanderlyn

Just saw Boruto.

WOW. Fantastic movie. I'm so glad a part 3 is
sort of
happening. The high tech ninja world is such an interesting place and the new generation of characters is extremely likable. And was that Gentle Fist I saw Boruto using against Shikadai?

rambis

Banned
Just saw Boruto.

WOW. Fantastic movie. I'm so glad a part 3 is
sort of
happening. The high tech ninja world is such an interesting place and the new generation of characters is extremely likable. And was that Gentle Fist I saw Boruto using against Shikadai?
He uses it in form but Im not sure how when he doesnt have any kekkei genkai.

Fj0823

would be cool if Borutos eyes are not a Byakugan but are powerful enough to faintly detect chakra and boruto has learned to read those small movements to apply the Gentle Fist.

rambis

Banned
He hasn't awoken it yet, but given his sister, i'd say it's possible he could. We obviously won't know more till part three, if it ever becomes a plot point.
Definitely possible but what makes me think not is that its a permanent eye change and Kishi rarely does those for main characters. Supposedly, even Sasuke only awoke one special looking rinnegan so that Kishi could still draw him with one normal eye.

I think it would be cool.

would be cool if Borutos eyes are not a Byakugan but are powerful enough to faintly detect chakra and boruto has learned to read those small movements to apply the Gentle Fist.
He also has to be able to expel chakra from his tenketsu. Byakugan is the standout hyuuga KKG but this is also important. Thats the secret to gentle fist. In theory he shouldn't really even need to see the tenketsu if they are located on the same places on everyone.

jdkluv

Also it spends like seventy billion scenes focusing on a scarf Hinata knit.

The knitting was a coping mechanism/meditation due to anxiety over Hanabi’s capture. IIRC, Kishimoto said he added the scarf when asked what elements from his own romance life he added to the movie.

I personally don't like The Last for some of its retcons or OOC feelings. Boruto feels a lot more consistent with the manga, though its expected as Kishi wrote the entirety of the latter.

Other than Naruto's right arm being unbandaged at the end of the movie (it also was unbandaged at Volume 72's cover as well, lol) and the script error in that Naruto says "Kage Bunshin" instead of just "Bunshin" (and this is a minor one, given he fails the technique), everything in the movie is entirely congruous with the manga.

I am so glad Sasuke wasn't in the Last it was one of the things I liked most about the film lmao.

I didn't care about lack of Sasuke. At all. He hogged all the spotlight in manga, thanks. Don't get me wrong - I really like Sasuke, but he's literally last character I would be bothered over his absence.

rambis

Banned
The Byakugan is lame and it would give Boruto a minimal powerup at best.
Byakugan and hyugga chakra ability can completely shut down anybody who isnt a Jin. The byakugan isnt plot hax like the other ocular powers at least. Minimal isn't always a bad thing when the alternative is the extreme.

Yado

Byakugan and hyugga chakra ability can completely shut down anybody who isnt a Jin. The byakugan isnt plot hax like the other ocular powers at least. Minimal isn't always a bad thing when the alternative is the extreme.

I'll be impressed when I see it wielded by a capable fighter. Neji was shown to be pretty skilled and even then he wasn't really that much of a threat.

Hyuugas were a one trip pony: focus pretty much entirely on taijutsu as attacks and so, if they wanted to be taken seriously in the latter parts of the manga they would need to have high speed and notable defense....which they did not.

Pretty big contrast to Uchiha who had taijutsu, ninjutsu and genjutsu expertise.

rambis

Banned
I'll be impressed when I see it wielded by a capable fighter. Neji was shown to be pretty skilled and even then he wasn't really that much of a threat.
Who had neji really fought other than Naruto and the sound guy ? Or any other skilled hyuuga fought for that matter?

He had Naruto beat outside of the bijuu chakra activating.

Also the hyuuga defense reverses any attack, even Bijuu powered attacks upon itself. There's only one small blind spot. It was first mentioned as superior to Gaaaras defense...

Top Bottom