• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

The complete lack of division of labor for the Hokage's job is really strange to me. I mean, look at Obama, dude is in charge of one of the worlds most powerful, and populated, nations, yet still gets to spend a lot of time at home or take vacations.

It's like the job just hasn't adapted to this new era, and is still operating like it's a small, feudal village.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The complete lack of division of labor for the Hokage's job is really strange to me. I mean, look at Obama, dude is in charge of one of the worlds most powerful, and populated, nations, yet still gets to spend a lot of time at home or take vacations.

It's like the job just hasn't adapted to this new era, and is still operating like it's a small, feudal village.
Hokage seems to hold much more individual power than the PotUS, comparatively.

Yado

idk it seemed like Tsunade delegated a lot

Hokage seems to hold much more individual power than the PotUS, comparatively.

In theory, the president has roughly the same power. In practice though, it woudl be near impossible to govern in that way. So everything is delegated to an army of secretaries, directors, administrators, generals, etc.

This doesn't seem to exist in the narutoverse in the same way. A few advisors, sure, but not the mass bureaucracy you'd expect a governer-general to have.

idk it seemed like Tsunade delegated a lot
Not everyone gets to have a Shizune. Even though he has Shikamaru and Shizune so I'm not exactly sure what his excuse is.

Maybe that's something Sasuke was going to fix after he finished dismantling the system and rebuilding it.

There would be no conflict for Boruto if Naruto actually spent adequate time with his family.
But Kishi is just retreading some of the same issues that he dealt with in Naruto already. Only difference is Boruto has parents and Hinata would never abandon her kids. The moms are fine, shit most of the fucking dad's are fine. Sai of all people is a competent dad but the two mains? Seriously? The two dudes with parental issues oozing out of every orifice can't be dad's?

Yado

It just makes Boruto look like a brat. His father lives in the same village, comes home every night etc. It's not like he's dead or cruel to him.

rambis

Banned
But from what I've seen, the kid is a brat. Does he even spend time with his sister?
Boruto is very protective of his mother and sister. He confronts Naruto about disappointing his sister in the movie.

It just makes Boruto look like a brat. His father lives in the same village, comes home every night etc. It's not like he's dead or cruel to him.
He doesn't come home every night. Boruto was clearly upset when he saw his mother kinda sulking around the house alone. And Naruto seemed very distant. Making him call him Hokage Sama when we all know Naruto has ever called someone a proper title. Naruto as Kage has probably gotten to his head a bit.

Naruto was a shitty parent, him and Boruto progressing as being a father/son was a main plot point of the movie.

Boruto is very protective of his mother and sister. He confronts Naruto about disappointing his sister in the movie.

He doesn't come home every night. Boruto was clearly upset when he saw his mother kinda sulking around the house alone. And Naruto seemed very distant. Making him call him Hokage Sama when we all know Naruto has ever called someone a proper title. Naruto as Kage has probably gotten to his head a bit.

Naruto was a shitty parent, him and Boruto progressing as being a father/son was a main plot point of the movie.
Oh shit, I have to see both these movies. Naruto does need to get ethered by someone, how dare he do that shit to Hinata.

Please, the person that gets ethered is Boruto. Naruto is not really in the wrong here, most the conflict is from Boruto's selfishness and lack of understanding. Thankfully there's someone to discipline him.

Please, the person that gets ethered is Boruto. Naruto is not really in the wrong here, most the conflict is from Boruto's selfishness and lack of understanding. Thankfully there's someone to discipline him.
Ok, sounds familiar, he's definitely Naruto's kid since he was kind of like that before Jiraiya. Does he even get anything from Hinata? She was a good kid.

Sharpeye

Ok, sounds familiar, he's definitely Naruto's kid since he was kind of like that before Jiraiya. Does he even get anything from Hinata? She was a good kid.

Not to spoil the movie too much, he does pick up some traits from his mother. One of which is pretty cute. Both Himawari and Boruto pick up things from both sides of their family, Boruto with Neji, and Himawari with
Kushina
funny enough.

Not to spoil the movie too much, he does pick up some traits from his mother. One of which is pretty cute. Both Himawari and Boruto pick up things from both sides of their family, Boruto with Neji, and Himawari with
Kushina
funny enough.
Something tells me that future Himawari is going to be bad ass.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care what anyone says the ending of Naruto is great. It was so heart warming.

i956TpV.jpg

Indeed it was.

i956TpV.jpg

Indeed it was.
It took losing his god damn arm to even out. Dude sidestepped reforming at every logical juncture but I swear Kishi dragged it out just because he wanted these two to have an epic duel. They still could've fought, but a friendly sparring match would've been way better. Something like the ending to I think Rocky III would've been better. Sasuke assisting to save the world only so he could threaten to kill Naruto so he could be allowed to fuck up the world and become "Hokage" wasn't good. I sure hope Sarada's version of Hokage is a lot different from Sasuke's.

I loved the parallel between Team 7's first and final mission. Warmed my heart seeing it after all these years.

No, I wouldn't say he's like Naruto. I liked Part 1 Naruto. Yes he was stupidly cocky, but he had this tenacity that made him endearing. He cherished what he had. Boruto is nearly all talk with no walk and I really didn't like how he lacked empathy for reasons that lacked significance. Even more so when you have a character like Sarada or like I said part 1 Naruto.

but a friendly sparring match would've been way better

No way. Fans wanted a fight to the death or with such high stakes like part 1 Naruto.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Boruto is way more a cocky jock type character than Naruto ever was. He has an aloofness to him that Naruto never did. I liked the scene in the movie where Naruto realizes his son is always wearing new, clean clothes and cares about how he looks, which shows a glaring difference between himself and his son.

Boruto/Mitsuki have a bro relationship going on, which is way different than the dynamic Sasuke/Naruto had. Sarada is the real hero of the new trio - not necessarily in how much focus she gets as a lead character, but in her philosophy and personality.

No, I wouldn't say he's like Naruto. I liked Part 1 Naruto. Yes he was stupidly cocky, but he had this tenacity that made him endearing. He cherished what he had. Boruto is nearly all talk with no walk and I really didn't like how he lacked empathy for reasons that lacked significance. Even more so when you have a character like Sarada or like I said part 1 Naruto.

No way. Fans wanted a fight to the death or with such high stakes like part 1 Naruto.
I really did not like early part 1 Naruto or early Shippuden Naruto. I didn't start liking him till like mid way through Shippuden when he started learning stuff, but that's just me I guess. Boruto does seem like a brat though. I'll have to watch the movie to get a better read on him. Is half of my problem with the Narutoverse because I just marathoned this whole thing in like 4 months as an adult and didn't grow up with it? What kind of fans want two best friends to fight to the death, especially when it looked like it got to a logical point where they didn't have to.
Boruto is way more a cocky jock type character than Naruto ever was. He has an aloofness to him that Naruto never did. I liked the scene in the movie where Naruto realizes his son is always wearing new, clean clothes and cares about how he looks, which shows a glaring difference between himself and his son.

Boruto/Mitsuki have a bro relationship going on, which is way different than the dynamic Sasuke/Naruto had. Sarada is the real hero of the new trio - not necessarily in how much focus she gets as a lead character, but in her philosophy and personality.
I actually like Sarada so far, for the most part she seems like the more mature one and not like her mother. I think there's more of a balance to her. I need to see Boruto. I'll see how much time I have after I get home from work...The Last too.

Sai

It took losing his god damn arm to even out. Dude sidestepped reforming at every logical juncture but I swear Kishi dragged it out just because he wanted these two to have an epic duel. They still could've fought, but a friendly sparring match would've been way better. Something like the ending to I think Rocky III would've been better.
I think he said earlier on that he had always intended for the manga to end on Naruto vs Sasuke, but I'd still like to think Kishimoto originally planned for something more along the lines of what you depicted. There was a big shift for Sasuke's character after he awakened his Mangekyō Sharingan, which just so happened to coincide with Kishimoto getting a new editor, with talks about where to take Sasuke's character being alluded to.

And Psycho_Mantis, I think folks were only looking for that kind of fight because they were so annoyed with Sasuke's character. :p For a long time, I personally didn't think Naruto and Sasuke would even be forced to fight; at least not that seriously. But then we started getting "Crush Konoha!" and "Revolution!" and so on.

rambis

Banned
Oh shit, I have to see both these movies. Naruto does need to get ethered by someone, how dare he do that shit to Hinata.
Luckily Sasuke seemed to have figured Boruto before Naruto did.

Yes but Boruto also has a talent level that Naruto has clearly never had. He's appently taught himself multiple techniques without Narutos help and he doesnt really struggle to learn jutsu like Naruto.

His problem was that he never had motivation to do anything like Naruto. He's dispised his father and the position of Hokage. That's until he met Sasuke and finally found a role model and a goal to surpass Naruto. And he clearly worked harder after that as shown in the scenes with his clothes torn to shreds. You can't just point out aspect or early conflict in the movie and ignore the resolution. Boruto now has a goal and a rolemodel/master to follow and has developed respect for Naruto and developed work method. The scary thing is that he was alreafy considered top of the class before all this. Naruto now embraces his son every day and shows his trust in him instead of playing Hokage Sama all the time.

Definitely growing up with the series gives you a different perspective on this story. I reckon the character development and growth would seem to be more gradual simply due to the time.

I also agree. Kishi talks about making sure Sarada was the right balance between Sasuke and Sakura: the cold Uchiha attitude and the more girly compassionate side and he did a good job.

I think he said earlier on that he had always intended for the manga to end on Naruto vs Sasuke, but I'd still like to think Kishimoto originally planned for something more along the lines of what you depicted. There was a big shift for Sasuke's character after he awakened his Mangekyō Sharingan, which just so happened to coincide with Kishimoto getting a new editor, with talks about where to take Sasuke's character being alluded to.

And Psycho_Mantis, I think folks were only looking for that kind of fight because they were so annoyed with Sasuke's character. :p For a long time, I personally didn't think Naruto and Sasuke would even be forced to fight; at least not that seriously. But then we started getting "Crush Konoha!" and "Revolution!" and so on.
"I want to be Hokage, my version of Hokage is strong enough to bare the hate of the world on it's shoulders. I'm going to destroy everything and build it back up in my own image. With my Rinnegan I cannot die, I'll do this shit forever." Sauce son, nobody wants that shit for you and that's like the complete opposite of what Niisan wanted for you. Yeah from that standpoint I can see why people just wanted the guy dead already. It's like Kishi wanted him to reform already but I'm going to assume his dumb editor just kept forcing the fight to the death shit on him. Once Ghost Itachi died I saw a definite shift in him in the right direction. Then once Kaguya died and and two pages later he was like, "motherfucker you got to go, for the good of this world." I was just like
J7Wiwp5.gif

I don't hate the guy at all, but sometimes shit just needs to make some sort of logical sense. If it don't I'll just flame it till I can't anymore. In all honesty if that's the route they were going to take he should've really just fucking impaled Sakura, cause that's a villainous thing to do, not just mercifully hit her ass with a fucking genjutsu.
Definitely growing up with the series gives you a different perspective on this story. I reckon the character development and growth would seem to be more gradual simply due to the time.

I also agree. Kishi talks about making sure Sarada was the right balance between Sasuke and Sakura: the cold Uchiha attitude and the more girly compassionate side and he did a good job.
Yeah seeing the shifts in what might as well be in fast forward mode like I did I was legit like what the fuck is up with these guys. Hopefully Sarada takes the MC role for the most part with Boruto, she seems more interesting. It'd honestly be funny if she has to stop Boruto from turning into Sasuke. How the heck does Sasuke become a role model? Does anybody even stop to ask the dude why he only has one god damn arm?

SolVanderlyn

Luckily Sasuke seemed to have figured Boruto before Naruto did.

Yes but Boruto also has a talent level that Naruto has clearly never had. He's appently taught himself multiple techniques without Narutos help and he doesnt really struggle to learn jutsu like Naruto.

His problem was that he never had motivation to do anything like Naruto. He's dispised his father and the position of Hokage. That's until he met Sasuke and finally found a role model and a goal to surpass Naruto. And he clearly worked harder after that as shown in the scenes with his clothes torn to shreds. You can't just point out aspect or early conflict in the movie and ignore the resolution. Boruto now has a goal and a rolemodel/master to follow and has developed respect for Naruto and developed work method. The scary thing is that he was alreafy considered top of the class before all this. Naruto now embraces his son every day and shows his trust in him instead of playing Hokage Sama all the time.
The reason I pointed that particular aspect of his character out is because it's not something that has to get resolved. He just has more style than Naruto does - it's who he is.

The reason I pointed that particular aspect of his character out is because it's not something that has to get resolved. He just has more style than Naruto does - it's who he is.
It makes sense that Boruto actually gets clean clothes though and likes them. His dad is Hokage and Hinata actually probably cares about the kids appearance. It's not like Naruto where he didn't get new clothes until Jiraiya bought him a set. Their upbringings are drastically different. Naruto is a shunned outcast...he's borderline Dookie from The Wire. Boruto actually has a physical family that loves him and the son of a currently living Hokage.

rambis

Banned
It makes sense that Boruto actually gets clean clothes though and likes them. His dad is Hokage and Hinata actually probably cares about the kids appearance. It's not like Naruto where he didn't get new clothes until Jiraiya bought him a set. Their upbringings are drastically different. Naruto is a shunned outcast...he's borderline Dookie from The Wire. Boruto actually has a physical family that loves him and the son of a currently living Hokage.
The context was that he doesn't train, hence clean clothes. He rips them by the end after he starts training with sasuke.

rambis

Banned
Why isn't Sasuke training Sarada? I now understand the context at least now.
Boruto begged Sasuke because he's Narutos rival and Boruto thinks he's cool. Sarada is not impressed by Sasuke and idolized Naruto

That being said, I think its implied that they worked on like shuriken stuff. And she can use her sharingan pretty well.

Boruto begged Sasuke because he's Narutos rival and Boruto thinks he's cool. Sarada is not impressed by Sasuke and idolized Naruto

That being said, I think its implied that they worked on like shuriken stuff. And she can use her sharingan pretty well.
Very interesting. It does make sense that she'd be a little put off by Sasuke since well he's barely there. She did seem to be impressed with him in Naruto Gaiden though. Sounds like an Uchiha is going to learn the Rasengan at this rate.

rambis

Banned
Very interesting. It does make sense that she'd be a little put off by Sasuke since well he's barely there. She did seem to be impressed with him in Naruto Gaiden though. Sounds like an Uchiha is going to learn the Rasengan at this rate.
Very hard not be impressed by a rinnegan and flying perfect Susanoo lol. But yeah watch the movie.

Would you blame her? Only Sakura has low enough self stem to stick with Sasuke's BS.

lWZtf1h.jpg
Didn't she call him "papa" twice before this? I don't think any of the Shin Uchiha things called him much of anything, nor did they even look like that. Those things looked like albinos.

Yeah seeing the shifts in what might as well be in fast forward mode like I did I was legit like what the fuck is up with these guys. Hopefully Sarada takes the MC role for the most part with Boruto, she seems more interesting. It'd honestly be funny if she has to stop Boruto from turning into Sasuke. How the heck does Sasuke become a role model? Does anybody even stop to ask the dude why he only has one god damn arm?

I get why people think Mitsuki or Boruto are anything like Sasuke. These two characters seem o lack any dark traits which essentially defined Sasuke form the get go.
Watch Boruto. Sasuke carries the film.

does Sasuke have any interaction with Sakura and Sarada in the movie?

Sarada talks to Sasuke and tells him to train Boruto. Sasuke saves Sarada's life. There's one scene at the end with Sasuke and Sakura gazing at the new gen together and a scene with Sarada and Sakura to show how happy they are now that Sasuke is home.

Thats one thing Boruto could of had more of: happy family moments with the K12.

More lies from rambis. Like you said in Gaiden Sarada knows Sasuke is impressively powerful. To claim she does not love/want her father is missing the entire point of Gaiden and its ending.

Sarada will learn chidori and firestyle no doubt.

Considering Sarada risked her life looking for her dad it's quite obvious that she wants him in her life. Especially since for the first two chapters of Gaiden she had massive identity issues. She didn't trust a single thing that was told to her and even wanted to make sure Karin of all people wasn't her mom. I just felt bad for her, which is something I really can't say for Boruto. I get his issues, but he should really just take a step back and compare his situation to Sarada and shut up cause it's not as bad. I kind of like that Itachi's head poke is a sign of love for them though. Sarada seemed so happy...Sakura...not so much. She was just like "would you fucking kiss me already." Still can't believe they haven't kissed yet. Uchiha sex must be like:
tumblr_m5yde5gvYD1rt29cgo1_400.gif

Top Bottom