• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Kito

Spoilers for the first Boruto chapter are out

um
tumblr_inline_o2vd5yGIrO1r9vdbu_500.gif

Forgot this was happening. Where is the Boruto Manga OT?

I had no idea Sasuke liked tomotoes. Gotta give him respect for that. Sasuke should make Sarada hamburgers with some sliced tomatoes, that'll teach her the error of her ways.

rambis

Banned
No raws yet but apparently the people with them are posting sketches.

wDcWtRh.jpg

Boroto as a teen uses kenjutsu and has some unique dojutsu/ curse mark like pattern. Still wearing Sasukes headband and that looks like his sword from the movie. Sounds bad ass to be honest. They say the tone is darker overall but idk how they would know. Sounds awesome though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

wDcWtRh.jpg

Boroto as a teen uses kenjutsu and has some unique dojutsu/ curse mark like pattern. Still wearing Sasukes headband and that looks like his sword from the movie. Sounds bad ass to be honest. They say the tone is darker overall but idk how they would know. Sounds awesome though.
SIGN ME UP

Sounds really cool!

Khezu

On the plus side, it means all 3 of the new main team stay together and we don't get another Naruto/Sasuke bullshit.

Boruto only has one Bakyugan?
Probably took his Uchiha fandom too far and killed his sibling for her eye powers.
Making uncle Sasuke proud.

rambis

Banned
Is there any mention of Sarada/Mitsuki other than the character introductions?
You read Mitsukis 50 page story? If not you should. First couple of chapters of this will be a movie recap. Apparently we start at a time skip and then Boruto reflects on his younger, movie age.

Saradas buffs/powerups does interest me now though.

Dope pic. Everything sounds decent. When is this coming out?
Raws are in peoples hands, so maybe next weekish.

On the plus side, it means all 3 of the new main team stay together and we don't get another Naruto/Sasuke bullshit.

Boruto only has one Bakyugan?
Probably took his Uchiha fandom too far and killed his sibling for her eye powers.
Making uncle Sasuke proud.
His scar is like Kakashi's. I guess he really has lost an eye at some point. Also, people are questioning whether its really a byakugan. There's no veins and it seemingly responds to or is activated by the tattoo/marking he has.

Another sketch of that panel.
q9Kvbv3.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Filler recaps even in manga SMH

Fj0823

Wow. The series is still going down hill? This might be interesting to read.

I didn't watch Naruto the Last or the Boruto movie. Can I skip them and go to this new manga?

Nope they're essential.

The Last is okayish save the end and Boruto is really really good

Khezu

Part 2 was such nonsense and shark jumping at parts, nothing this new guy can do can top what Kishi already has.

I for one welcome something different.

SolVanderlyn

Part 2 hate ITT SMH

War arc was the only bad part (and no Rock Lee)

wDcWtRh.jpg

Okay. I'm on board.

Wow. The series is still going down hill? This might be interesting to read.

I didn't watch Naruto the Last or the Boruto movie. Can I skip them and go to this new manga?

If there's anything you should watch its the Boruto movie.

Most of Shippuden can be looked at like fanfiction, so that may or may not be a negative to the new series.

Is the story looked over by Kishi, or is this all the new guy?

I doubt Kishi's supervision amounts to much at this point. Read the recent interview and it seems he is done with Naruto and moving onto his new manga. The guy didn't even know what the characters looked like when this was unveiled -___-

SolVanderlyn

Don't write it off until you see it.

Oh man I'm really looking foward to Boruto, especially with that Mizuki side story one released recently with the movie. This isn't a weekly series though is it? Monthly series kill me...

Oh man I'm really looking foward to Boruto, especially with that Mizuki side story one released recently with the movie. This isn't a weekly series though is it? Monthly series kill me...

Mitsuki side story was drawn and written by Kishi. The Boruto manga is drawn and written by someone else and I'm afraid its monthly.

rambis

Banned
naruto ended when the boruto movie ended

Ok? Im pretty sure you will pop in to tell us how much you hate the new story every month.

Nope monthly. And its going to start pretty slow. I'm looking forward as well though. I would love a darker Naruto without all the plot armor afforded to certain characters like Kishi writes. Still funny seeing people put his writing as the holy grail.

Do you have to watch the boruto movie? Is it like a prologue to the manga?

No they actually recap the movie in the new manga.

Jigolo

Finally watched Naruto The Movie. Cute lil love story. Did Guy end up in a wheel chair because of opening all the 8 gates? My memory is fuzzy

Well not necessarily because he went Gate 8. More so because of the attacks he did to Madara during his time in gate 8 stuff.

Anyway I am too fucking excited for this anime to come back. I don't even give a rats about the Kaguya stuff.

I just want the guy who did Madara vs Shinobi alliance and Kakashi vs Obito and Naruto vs Sasuke 1 to team up and do the second fight (I realize this could already very well be the same person but don't really feel like looking it up)

wDcWtRh.jpg

This sounds and looks awful

Well not necessarily because he went Gate 8. More so because of the attacks he did to Madara during his time in gate 8 stuff.

Anyway I am too fucking excited for this anime to come back. I don't even give a rats about the Kaguya stuff.

I just want the guy who did Madara vs Shinobi alliance and Kakashi vs Obito and Naruto vs Sasuke 1 to team up and do the second fight (I realize this could already very well be the same person but don't really feel like looking it up)

Me too. More excited about the final arc, new opening than this new manga.

rambis

Banned
People like being hyperbolic about naruto spoilers these day. It looks incredibly silly considering we've only gotten descriptions of a couple pages.
I feel like if people want to hate something they will create any reason to. All this overreaction and jumping to conclusions ovee the 3-4 new pages of info this chapter is going to have. And we only have bits and pieces of that lol.

Like omg, the new guy is giving Boruto powers. Kishi would never do that.

rambis

Banned
sounds like a really bad fan fiction trying to be edgy. And yeah i admit i shouldnt judge a sketch but given the artist itll probably look like shit there too
Im sorry hut what sounds like "fan fiction" or edgy? We know literally nothing about the story other than Boruto fighting some guy after a time skip.

I know the art is bad but honestly idc about that.

Actually raws are out.

Top Bottom