• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Im sorry hut what sounds like "fan fiction" or edgy? We know literally nothing about the story other than Boruto fighting some guy after a time skip.

I know the art is bad but honestly idc about that.

Actually raws are out.
Boroto as a teen uses kenjutsu and has some unique dojutsu/ curse mark like pattern. Still wearing Sasukes headband and that looks like his sword from the movie.
Sounds like one of those fanfictions where they give naruto the sharingan to me

rambis

Banned
Assuming that doujutsu is the byakugan, and Sasuke continued to teach him as he was already doing, what's the problem? He just has stuff and abilities he should have barring the curse mark.
Yeah and considering Kishis writing, random unexplained powerups are par for the course anyway.

Chapter was a joke. We have edgy teen number 1 with some cringe tatoo and wannabe Sasuke/Kakashi giving us a flashback of the movie everyone has already seen.

I'm not even going to get in how much of a joke it is that the Leaf is crushed by some punk when you have Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi and Lee all there.

I want Kishi back ;___;

Chapter was a joke. We have edgy teen number 1 with some cringe tatoo and wannabe Sasuke/Kakashi giving us a flashback of the movie everyone has already seen.

I'm not even going to get in how much of a joke it is that the Leaf is crushed by some punk when you have Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi and Lee all there.

I want Kishi back ;___;
pretty sure kishi is still writing, and it's just the art done by someone else

rambis

Banned
Ehh none of those characters are there apparently PM. And Kishi made that a central point of Boruto the movie so idk how this is any different. Not sure what Sakura could do either way lol.

phaze

The art isn't as bad as some of the pics led me to believe. True Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura look awful in most shots but other than that it's mostlypassable. I dare say that with passing of time the art will evolve and improve. I'd say that for a monthly, the level of detail is pretty unimpressive but again, this will probably change as the time goes.

As for the story, I'll wait for translations to say more. It will obviously suffer from busting open an already closed door of the story but it remains to be seen to what extent. Kishi did that already with a bunch of villains that sprung from outta nowhere so whatevs.

Not sure what you're expecting dude. The kid is half Hyugga and Kishi admitted that he was supposed to have it originally. Its not fan fiction.

Assuming that doujutsu is the byakugan, and Sasuke continued to teach him as he was already doing, what's the problem? He just has stuff and abilities he should have barring the curse mark.
I interpretted the spoiler as him having a dojutsu thats not the byakugan since like why wouldnt it just say the byakugan

rambis

Banned
An editor and assistant are two different things. Furthermore that link is wrong.

For Boruto the Movie, Masashi Kishimoto is credited with the original work, script, character design, and as the chief production supervisor for the film.

For this manga, Kishi is only credited as a chief supervisor, whatever that entails.

Khezu

Ok teenage Boruto looks less dumb then I feared.

Art doesn't bother me that much, with the exceptions of Sauske and Sarada. Everything about Sarada looks bad, and Sasuke looks so frumpy.

Erigu

... You should really read that again.

An editor and assistant are two different things.
Completely different things, yes.

Furthermore that link is wrong.
Well, not quite as wrong as rambis, but yeah, they make it look like Kodachi was the sole screenwriter on the movie, when he was actually credited alongside Kishimoto.

Kodachi definitely wrote for Boruto the movie and this has been known forever. Its been on his twitter forever. And Ikemoto was certainly on Kishis staff for Part 2, which again is well known.
Yes, and? I was contesting the "editor" thing. Well, that, and the fact you credited that supposed "editor" for both the writing and the art, when two different people are in charge (as explained in that very article you mentioned, too... I dunno, man).

Hell Kish just said recently hes not even sure why people in the West follow Naruto.
What does that even have to do with...??

rambis

Banned
... You should really read that again.

Completely different things, yes.

Well, not quite as wrong as rambis, but yeah, they make it look like Kodachi was the sole screenwriter on the movie, when he was actually credited alongside Kishimoto.

Yes, and? I was contesting the "editor" thing. Well, that, and the fact you credited that supposed "editor" for both the writing and the art, when two different people are in charge (as explained in that very article you mentioned, too... I dunno, man).

What does that even have to do with...??
Ok, assistant not editor. Cool. Don't see what the big deal is but hey keep editing this post if you find even more ways to be needlessly pedantic. Lol.

FZZ

Banned
Sasuke and sarada look bad?

Himawari got fucked over hardcore. Jesus Christ the other characters are tolerable, himawari isn't at all.

rambis

Banned

Himawari got fucked over hardcore. Jesus Christ the other characters are tolerable, himawari isn't at all.
I wouldn't say bad per se but after years of kishis work it is jarring. Sasuke looks completely different and is missing that trademark straightnesd Uchihas are supposed to have.

tumblr_o6k5d0YccP1rh5eero1_1280.jpg

Nightmares.

Yado

I honestly didn't see anything there that would make me look forward to reading this. The hand markings look really silly.

rambis

Banned
I honestly didn't see anything there that would make me look forward to reading this. The hand markings look really silly.
I really don't like the guys art style in this universe but the markings are no more less stupid than any other powerup/buff we've seen. I don't think anybody would bat an eye if this was still technically part 2.

rambis

Banned
The only problem with the tats is on the face, it combined with the face scar is a little too much.
Yeah and him and Hima even have Narutos whiskers going on. It comes off as a bit much. I like that he seemingly lost an eye though. Got tired of Naruto and his magical kyuubi healing all scars.

MartyStu

Fuck, I think I would rather Kubo be drawing this.

At least then, we would have the character art to look forward to.

Fuck this no-talent having dude.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto fans are so vitriolic. I don't blame Kishimoto for leaving the series behind, lol.

Dafuq is Suigetsu still doing working for Orochmaru?
Naruto fans are so vitriolic. I don't blame Kishimoto for leaving the series behind, lol.
He can run from his fans all he wants, but he can't escape his lack of writing talent.
Lol Orochimaru seems to think gender is irrelevant. Didn't even bother answering if he was Mitsuki's mother or father.
So is Orochimaru just banging out Mitsuki's or is he just cloning him? Question answered. Why is he making these things though?
Lol there's a ton of Mitsuki's. Mitsuki is the Rei Ayanami of the Borutoverse or were there a dozen Kaoworu's too?
Not too bad. I would like more Sarada content before the new artist dude fucks her over. Still need to see Boruto.

Eugh, this new writer's artwork looks atrocious in certain pages. It really doesn't suit Naruto at all; Kishimoto perfected his own style to a T.

Naruto better not be fucking dead. It's obviously a bait-and-switch because this is pulled all the time, but damn, they'd have some major balls on them if they went through with it. But having followed the dude through basically his entire life and seeing him go from zero to hero each and every step in the way, there's no doubt the entire fanbase is invested in him more than anyone else. If Naruto dies, the Internet will explode.

Calvero

Banned
yo wtf. i totally forgot we were getting more this summer. I randomly stumbled on some random site that had a summary and some raw scans and i was like wtf, this isn't real. scrolled down to see the comment section full of people thinking the same and everyone else saying it is real. crazy! but i'm interested.

can anyone pm where I can find the Mitsuki side story?

Zeroth

I mean, it's hard to make a story in the Naruto universe with a powerful villain when you have Naruto+Sasuke around. I dunno about killing em, but you need a way to keep them out of the picture so there's a sense of threat.

Boruto defeating someone that defeated Naruto is something I'd expect to see when the former is at least well in his adult age. Naruto has a ridiculous amount of abilities: half the power of the previously strongest being in existence (behind Kaguya, that is), the power of all nine Bijū, Sage Mode, mastery over Rasengan and its variants, etc.

I can only feasibly see a shinobi with only the Byakugan as his one hereditary ability being able to surpass Bijū Mode Naruto, at best, and that's stretching it to holy hell, given how incredibly powerful the Kyūbi is. Unless Boruto receives a metric fuckton of random power-ups, him being able to naturally surpass his father with just a second-rate dōjutsu should be absolutely impossible. I want Boruto to have attained all of his power through hard work and training, like Naruto was before he went off the deep end with Rikudō.

Top Bottom