• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

rambis

Banned
Not sure how that translates to "almost kill his daughter", especially when Sasuke throws the sword to the side before Sarada even speaks. He wanted to test her reaction to confirm if she was his daughter (why would she be here) or another sharingan clone.

I think Boruto should be more understanding. His dad clearly loves him, but the reality is being Hokage is a busy job. Its noteworthy that Naruto's awkwardness towards Boruto is only there due to Boruto's recent hostility.

Missing your daughters birthday due to being Hokage somehow deserves the ludicrous comment of I rather be fatherless? Boruto is lucky that Hinata is soft.

Proof is in the pudding. The resolution of the film is Boruto finally coming to understand that a father can still love his family despite not spending much time with them due to work, not Naruto taking days off.
Um no. Sasuke jams the sword right next to her to either intimidate her or he just missed and reaches likely for her throat. He only stops when she screams PAPA at the top of her voice and he's shocked to realize that this could be his daughter. He wasnt testing a damned thing, he thought she was a Shin clone because of her eyes and was about to end her. Poor girl was terrified and chewed his ass out right after.

Boruto should be more understanding but Naruto should be around more. He knows nothing of his son or his abilities and seemingly never talks to him other than to preach down at him about what a shinobi should be. It was never obvious how Naruto felt because he never showed it.

The resolution of the movie is Naruto actually being around to eat breakfast every now and then and encouraging his son to do his best before they depart for work. And Naruto agreeing to stop being so preachy all the time.

brinstar

Even though Naruto is Hokage now I have a hard time buying that he thinks his son is interested in hearing lectures from him or should be referring to him with the proper honorifics. I mean I get it but surely Naruto hasn't forgotten what it's like to be a kid?

Boruto's a brat sure but I'm surprised at how wooden Naruto acts like an adult I guess. I would've imagined him to be a much more fun dad

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Even though Naruto is Hokage now I have a hard time buying that he thinks his son is interested in hearing lectures from him or should be referring to him with the proper honorifics. I mean I get it but surely Naruto hasn't forgotten what it's like to be a kid?

Boruto's a brat sure but I'm surprised at how wooden Naruto acts like an adult I guess. I would've imagined him to be a much more fun dad
This happens all the time in the real world. People forget what it's like to be a kid and treat their kids like little adults.

rambis

Banned

Yeah, I didn't think Naruto would be a perfect father but that one scene where he made Boruto address him as Hokage Sama instead of dad pissed me off lol

I thought it was pretty great. I feel like I felt for Naruto and Boruto and I liked the characterization of Sarada so far.

My only negative is sasuke's look. Otherwise I liked the art for the most part. Can't wait to read more. Is this weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That was just the Boruto movie in manga form.

Fj0823

Yeah, I didn't think Naruto would be a perfect father but that one scene where he made Boruto address him as Hokage Sama instead of dad pissed me off lol

Shit happens when you grow up and mature, that shit affects your parenthood...it happened to Aang, it happened to Gok...nevermind

SolVanderlyn

Still doesn't explain why Naruto turned into a suit like Fuyutsuki from Evangelion.
Endless paperwork does that to you. Tsunade went from a brazen drunkard to a depressed shrew and she was already an adult, lol.

Endless paperwork does that to you. Tsunade went from a brazen drunkard to a depressed shrew and she was already an adult, lol.
I thought Jiraiya's death fast forwarded her into a depressed shrew? All her friends are pretty much dead, Oro maybe alive and well and actually not eyeballing the demise of Konoha, but I can't see those two chilling out having tea. Her social life is Shizune and she just barks orders at her. I honestly thought what Tsunade became was just a side effect of essentially being alone.

Sarada should of been Main Character facts!

So true. Wish they had the balls to have a female lead.

Um no. Sasuke jams the sword right next to her to either intimidate her or he just missed and reaches likely for her throat. He only stops when she screams PAPA at the top of her voice and he's shocked to realize that this could be his daughter. He wasnt testing a damned thing, he thought she was a Shin clone because of her eyes and was about to end her. Poor girl was terrified and chewed his ass out right after.

Boruto should be more understanding but Naruto should be around more. He knows nothing of his son or his abilities and seemingly never talks to him other than to preach down at him about what a shinobi should be. It was never obvious how Naruto felt because he never showed it.

The resolution of the movie is Naruto actually being around to eat breakfast every now and then and encouraging his son to do his best before they depart for work. And Naruto agreeing to stop being so preachy all the time.

Missed lol. The reach. He placed it to the side because he never had an intention to connect the attack but just to witness the reaction, hence "almost killed his daughter" being incorrect. Scared her? Yes.

Could? He knew as soon as she said Papa that it was Sarada.

What, do you think Naruto had breakfast with the Uchiha's prior the Boruto movie? Come on. Boruto's development is the point of the movie and said development is exactly what I said. Naruto's awkwardness before was only there due to Boruto being hostile.

If
naruto is really dead
you all owe me because I called that shit a million pages ago and said it is the best way to kickstart boruto.

SolVanderlyn

I didn't think they'd redo the movie. By the way, what was up with that intro scene?
It was the only part worth reading if you saw the movie.

rambis

Banned
So true. Wish they had the balls to have a female lead.

Missed lol. The reach. He placed it to the side because he never had an intention to connect the attack but just to witness the reaction, hence "almost killed his daughter" being incorrect. Scared her? Yes.

Could? He knew as soon as she said Papa that it was Sarada.

What, do you think Naruto had breakfast with the Uchiha's prior the Boruto movie? Come on. Boruto's development is the point of the movie and said development is exactly what I said. Naruto's awkwardness before was only there due to Boruto being hostile.
Dude just stop this stupid ass spin. He was clearly reaching for the girl, about to kill her. He had no clue of who she was and this is repeated several times throughout Gaiden. Of course he knew after she screamed papa. But the damage was already done and she cursed his ass out. Its so fucking weird that you're here white washing what the author obviously intended.

Narutos development is also(bolded because you don't seem to be able to recognize more than one)point of the movie. Shikamaru teaching him how important it is to go congratulate his son after he does something good because he obviously had no fucking clue ("you came here just to tell me that?"). Him agreeing to tell his son stories of his past instead of lectures 24/7. Him being there to wish his son good luck in the morning or actually being there for Hima and Hinata. I said nothing about the Uchihas, the movie showed that he would sleep in the kages office alot and crawl home at crazy hours to only get up again and be gone before everybody wakes up. Naruto didn't have a clue about being a father.

Its so odd how you try to ignore or twist shit you dont like or agree with lol.

He was clearly reaching for the girl,

Correct.

about to kill her.

Yes, I'm sure thats why the sword was deliberately thrown away from her. This is you reaching.

He had no clue of who she was and this is repeated several times throughout Gaiden.

Incorrect. Sasuke recognises Sarada as soon as she says papa and its shown he was there when she was young.
But I want to see your receipts. Where is it repeated that Sasuke has no clue about Sarada. Show me.

Of course he knew after she screamed papa. But the damage was already done and she cursed his ass out. Its so fucking weird that you're here white washing what the author obviously intended.

What damage? Nothing that wasn't fixed once Sarada knew the truth.
I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you read MS as they are known for adding swear words but she never cursed him.

Narutos development is also(bolded because you don't seem to be able to recognize more than one)point of the movie. Shikamaru teaching him how important it is to go congratulate his son after he does something good because he obviously had no fucking clue ("you came here just to tell me that?"). Him agreeing to tell his son stories of his past instead of lectures 24/7. Him being there to wish his son good luck in the morning or actually being there for Hima and Hinata. I said nothing about the Uchihas, the movie showed that he would sleep in the kages office alot and crawl home at crazy hours to only get up again and be gone before everybody wakes up. Naruto didn't have a clue about being a father.

Once again, Naruto having breakfast in the morning is nothing new. I've already told you how Boruto's hostility made it difficult for Naruto to approach him and yet you keep highlighting scenarios where Naruto needs help approaching him. Funny, because its only because Boruto acts like a brat that he gets lectured.

Not saying Naruto was a perfect dad but the main instigator here is Boruto. He was a fine father before being hokage though. Once he became hokage he was unable to spend much time with his family but he still cared for them, something Boruto finally understands. Of course Naruto is regretful/aware of not being able to spend time with them, just like Sasuke is, but thats not going to change the reality of the circumstances that was given to them.....or Kishi decided to give them.

Its so odd how you try to ignore or twist shit you dont like or agree with lol.

What have I ignored? Please. The only thing odd is how you fail to understand such a simple story.

rambis

Banned
Correct.

Yes, I'm sure thats why the sword was deliberately thrown away from her. This is you reaching.

You mean thrown directly a foot and a half next to where she was standing with the blade pointing towards her?

Incorrect. Sasuke recognises Sarada as soon as she says papa and its shown he was there when she was young.
But I want to see your receipts. Where is it repeated that Sasuke has no clue about Sarada. Show me.

Yes, this is the point. He didn't recognize her until she screamed in fear. She goes on to say, "well yeah papa I recognized you instantly" .Why does she say this? Because sasuke didnt recognize her until she called him papa. Good god how hard is this to understand?

Receipts? Naruto Gaiden chap 5, 8
Choice quotes:

"You think its ok to forget the face of your own child"?

"Papa is never in the village, he didn't even recognize his own daughter's face."

"Ive come to realize I don't have any real family"

What damage? Nothing that wasn't fixed once Sarada knew the truth.

She was crushed and about to leave the village because she felt she had no family due to Sasukes aloofness. Only after talking to Naruto did she come around. And even in the Movie she was still dogging Sasuke out lol.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you read MS as they are known for adding swear words but she never cursed him.
MP but its actually in both translations sooo...

Once again, Naruto having breakfast in the morning is nothing new. I've already told you how Boruto's hostility made it difficult for Naruto to approach him and yet you keep highlighting scenarios where Naruto needs help approaching him. Funny, because its only because Boruto acts like a brat that he gets lectured.

Not saying Naruto was a perfect dad but the main instigator here is Boruto. He was a fine father before being hokage though. Once he became hokage he was unable to spend much time with his family but he still cared for them, something Boruto finally understands. Of course Naruto is regretful/aware of not being able to spend time with them, just like Sasuke is, but thats not going to change the reality of the circumstances that was given to them.....or Kishi decided to give them.
Since when? He was only ever shown sleeping in the Kages office or trying to creep in at night/morning. Quit making stuff up.

And Boruto only acts out because Naruto gives him no attention. This is stated almost verbatim in Gaiden. Boruto does it to get naruto to talk to him, similar to what Naruto used to do.

Naruto became a better father in the movie, if you missed that then you missed a huge point of the movie.

brinstar

Sasuke didn't throw the sword away from Sarada. He stabbed it into the wall she was up against next to her and then began reaching for her. Personally I don't think he was going to kill her at that point (else he would've used the sword) but from Sarada's perspective she probably thought she was dead meat. lol

Also rereading that scene is interesting because Sasuke does look very upset when Sarada rants to him about how he's never around. He can't explain to her why he can't be around but he probably should've at least clarified that yes, Sakura is her birth mother right then and there, haha

Sasuke didn't throw the sword away from Sarada. He stabbed it into the wall she was up against next to her and then began reaching for her. Personally I don't think he was going to kill her at that point (else he would've used the sword) but from Sarada's perspective she probably thought she was dead meat. lol

Also rereading that scene is interesting because Sasuke does look very upset when Sarada rants to him about how he's never around. He can't explain to her why he can't be around but he probably should've at least clarified that yes, Sakura is her birth mother right then and there, haha
I don't even think Sasuke cared enough about the question to even answer it. Like Sakura's genes mean fuck it all to him.

Yado

I think he just thought she was being ridiculous tbh. I would probably have the same reaction if my12(?) year old seriously thought I conspired with everyone in her life to hide her origin.

rambis

Banned

I would agree if he didnt jump straight to "this doesnt concern you" lol. So cold, didn't even chase after her either and had Naruto do his parenting for him. Chou chou offering Sasuke the chips to give Sarada because of how awkward the moment was is the best thing ever. Really like the new kids.

I don't even think Sasuke cared enough about the question to even answer it. Like Sakura's genes mean fuck it all to him.
Sakura herself is probably lowkey glad she changed her name and gets to wear Uchiha clothing.

ghstwrld

tumblr_nqmvc3930z1tb3d94o3_500.png

im8df2y.gif

SolVanderlyn

Ghstwrld's gif is the true villain of this series

Here’s how Naruto should have ended.

Pain Arc put much more effort into anime and generally made a bigger deal, since much of Naruto’s character growth is fulfilled here. It was good, but just needed more fleshing out anime translation.

Sasuke vs. Itachi shortened in the anime.

War Arc --

- was just brainwashed Tobi and his army of Zetsu versus everyone.
- Naruto and company wins
- Tobi gets friendnojutsu, Madara takes over his body and reincarnates himself as the Final villain
- Beats everyone, Sasuke and Naruto has to team up to beat him
- Sasuke and Naruto has different opinions and last fight takes place as it did
- Naruto wins and lets all the Tailed beast free, thus ending the Chakra age altogether.
- Ninja go back to being regular “strong” and using there wits/smarts and not unlimited power for monsters they control or demon eyes

Everyone is weaker, but by fighting together, the closest country who has the strongest bonds become the best at combat.

Feels, friendship, love, comrade, etc...

blah blah...

Disappointed my favorite show is getting this treatment. I love One Piece, but at times, (like Naruto meets his Mom arc, Naruto vs. Garra etc...) The show rivaled Dragon Ball and is just a GOAT anime. But the consistency is just not there. Oh well, I will appreciate the good parts. Still love ya Kishi!

Calvero

Banned

Pain Arc put much more effort into anime and generally made a bigger deal, since much of Naruto’s character growth is fulfilled here. It was good, but just needed more fleshing out anime translation.

War Arc --

- Tobi gets friendnojutsu, Madara takes over his body and reincarnates himself as the Final villain
- Naruto wins and lets all the Tailed beast free, thus ending the Chakra age altogether.
- Ninja go back to being regular “strong” and using there wits/smarts and not unlimited power for monsters they control or demon eyes

Everyone is weaker, but by fighting together, the closest country who has the strongest bonds become the best at combat.

blah blah...

Disappointed my favorite show is getting this treatment. I love One Piece, but at times, (like Naruto meets his Mom arc, Naruto vs. Garra etc...) The show rivaled Dragon Ball and is just a GOAT anime. But the consistency is just not there. Oh well, I will appreciate the good parts. Still love ya Kishi!

I don't blame 'em. They'd be idiots not to milk it and extend everything.

rambis

Banned

War Arc --

blah blah...

This is kinda where we're at now. Naruto has all the bijuu(or portions of all) and everybody else with the exception of Sasuke are pretty normal. Boruto is more of a skillful ninja like Sasuke and doesnt have much chakra compared to Naruto.

I also doubt Sarada and her eyes will become a main focus like the rest of the Uchiha did last time. I feel like the power levels will be pretty normal this go around.

War Arc --

blah blah...

Madara should never have taken over Obito as the final villain. Obito was a shittily executed final villain IMO, but at least Kishi had an angle he was going for with thematic ties and such. Madara was literally just there to be powerful ancient threat, and had no real thematic or personal relevance to Naruto. So of course, what Kishi ultimately decided on was to take everything that was shitty about Madara as a villain, and make a new villain who exemplified those traits, but even worse.

SolVanderlyn

When people post this gif, I never get it.
It's just Ghstwrld posting the same gif. Over and over and over. Which is why the tsukuyomi comment was so perfect

No offense ghosty

War Arc --

blah blah...

This would have been perfect. I freaking love everything post-war arc though, Naruto vs Sasuke included. I even liked The Last.

You mean thrown directly a foot and a half next to where she was standing with the blade pointing towards her?

Well done, you learnt what the word away means.

Yes, this is the point. He didn't recognize her until she screamed in fear. She goes on to say, "well yeah papa I recognized you instantly" .Why does she say this? Because sasuke didnt recognize her until she called him papa. Good god how hard is this to understand?

Why would Sasuke recognise her instantly, when not only has he been away for years and just seen a sharingan clone, but why would Sarada even be at a meeting place he told the Hokage about? That is why Sasuke did not recognise her immediately.

Receipts? Naruto Gaiden chap 5, 8
Choice quotes:

"You think its ok to forget the face of your own child"?

"Papa is never in the village, he didn't even recognize his own daughter's face."

"Ive come to realize I don't have any real family"

And how are these receipts for " Sasuke has no clue about Sarada"?
First two lines are repeating the same thing of Sasuke not recognising Sarada initially due to circumstances I've explained and the last line is Sarada reacting of a lie.

Try again.

She was crushed and about to leave the village because she felt she had no family due to Sasukes aloofness. Only after talking to Naruto did she come around. And even in the Movie she was still dogging Sasuke out lol.

Look at this reaching. Sarada's entire reaction was based on false information. Furthermore, it was Sakura's love for Sarada that gave her the motivation to find her mother. When she realises the truth though:

tumblr_nquh08cEMk1t966ivo1_500.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016_05_05_at_08_23_00.jpg

MP but its actually in both translations sooo...

Sarada swearing is in the raw/Viz?

Since when? He was only ever shown sleeping in the Kages office or trying to creep in at night/morning. Quit making stuff up.

And Boruto only acts out because Naruto gives him no attention. This is stated almost verbatim in Gaiden. Boruto does it to get naruto to talk to him, similar to what Naruto used to do.

Naruto became a better father in the movie, if you missed that then you missed a huge point of the movie.

Of course, since we are never shown Naruto sleeping at home that surely means Naruto never sleeps at home. Brilliant logic.
No attention....incorrect. Little attention due to Naruto working....correct.

Naruto opened up only after Boruto dropped his bratty attitude.

More like Sasuke is wondering why is his daughter asking about who her real mom is. His reaction to her question says it all.
Sakura's the strongest kunoichi in her gen by far, without any notable genes tho :)

Cause the Haruno name doesn't mean a fucking thing. Not even a half ass Taijutsu. Nothing. Sarada doesn't even have pink hair.

tumblr_o30ch66Dev1s7czh7o1_500.gif

91110e34b5282a56b129e4489f68791c2a6bd909_hq.gif

Come again.

It's pretty funny how weak Sakura is, though.

Even without god power-ups like Rikudō chakra or hand-me-downs like Itachi's eyes and the Kyūbi's chakra, Sakura never became nearly as powerful as Naruto and Sasuke in the War Arc. With just regular Sage Mode and Mangekyō Sharingan, they still easily exceeded her. And she had the gall to say she 'caught up' with them, lmao.

Top Bottom