• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

woopWOOP

I haven't been keeping up with Boruto movies or whatever, but if the series is going into weird ninja cyberpunk territory with the new gadgets and whatnot I'm actually getting a lot more interested.

phaze

im8df2y.gif

Sarada is flawless, peerless and all that but your cropping skills sure aren't ...

Wait so based on those two upper gif Sarada fights in Boruto? I've got to see that. Sarada seems like my favorite new character and Sakura as a mom is actually a pretty damn good mom.
War arc Sakura is stronger than SM/MS but yeah she ain't near the hax levels of EMS and KCM/BM Naruto.
I've watched the show and I still don't know what the fuck those fucking acronyms mean.

phaze

Wait so based on those two upper gif Sarada fights in Boruto? I've got to see that. Sarada seems like my favorite new character and Sakura as a mom is actually a pretty damn good mom.

I've watched the show and I still don't know what the fuck those fucking acronyms mean.

She doesn't. Maybe one or two two second scenes but nothing of worth.

SM- Sage Mode

MS - Mangekyo Sharingan

EMS - Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan

KCB - Kyubi Chakra Mode (after the island arc)

BM - Bijuu Mode (after getting along with Kurama I think)
---
The new op is supposedly subpar ...

She doesn't. Maybe one or two two second scenes but nothing of worth.

SM- Sage Mode

MS - Mangekyo Sharingan

EMS - Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan

KCB - Kyubi Chakra Mode (after the island arc)

BM - Bijuu Mode (after getting along with Kurama I think)
---
The new op is supposedly subpar ...
Sarada doesn't fight? God fucking damn it Kishi. She's an Uchiha you have to show her kicking ass. Naruto has too many fucking power ups.

Jigolo

fucking damn. copyright ninjas are taking down op 19 almost as soon as posted. managed to find a copy uploaded 5 min ago and it was already down. I just want to watch it D:

edit: oh it's been a while. the tv tokyo intro looks very different

Amikami

Banned
The new OP is okay. Nothing special. expected Naruto vs Sasuke. Got team kakashi protecting Naruto against...zetsued shinobi? Kaguya at the end. animation aint bad. Not the best of the ops though. I guess it's a disappointment overall, considering it's the last.

edit: Oh. And Naruto's fire ignites when Sasuke calls his name. Priceless.

rambis

Banned
War arc Sakura is stronger than SM/MS but yeah she ain't near the hax levels of EMS and KCM/BM Naruto.
Lmao. Sure she is dude. Sure.
She really isn't, lol.
She's no where close lol. SM Naruto uses the same chakra enhanced tajitsu(Frog Kumite) she uses and we know for a fact that Senjutsu chakra is stronger than regular chakra.

Sakura got the jump on a dude COVERED in mangekyou sharingans, she is no chump.
Sharingan is only a tool, its only as strong as the shinobi wielding it. And the guy I'm thinking you are referring to is not even Uchiha. Was Shin supposed to be ultra powerful or something?

Sakura got the jump on a dude COVERED in mangekyou sharingans, she is no chump.
Danzo can just keep respawning himself. I don't think he really cares about actual defense anymore. Oh that fool in Gaiden ok, thought it was Danzo that person was referring to. I don't think Shin is as strong as that guy from The Last.

brinstar

Shin's strength is up for debate sure but there was a time where the idea of Sakura taking on MS users was inconceivable. She's pretty dang strong.

rambis

Banned
Shin's strength is up for debate sure but there was a time where the idea of Sakura taking on MS users was inconceivable. She's pretty dang strong.
It still is. I'm fairly certain she'd succumb to most Uchiha jutsus. She still doesn't have a defense against elemental attacks. She can only fight an enemy that she can use tajutsu against and most shinobi use elements. Her only saving grace is that she can take a hit and be a decoy for the stronger ninjas like tsunade did.

Arabesque

Toshiyuki Tsuru, who directed the 9th opening, worked on the new opening.

Was pretty cool, though certainly not my favourite opening of the show. Still pretty nice and a really good opening overall.

Asian Kung-Fu generation had better songs tbh tho

I guess it's a disappointment overall, considering it's the last.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption lol

There is at least one more opening after this one, given how the episode went and how much this opening covered (just the Kagyua battle). Question is if they will "update" the current opening or really expand on events for another 2 cours.

Expecting another 6 months of prolonged anime content to be frank.

Oh. And Naruto's fire ignites when Sasuke calls his name. Priceless.

We always knew Naruto always got a burning sensation every time he thought or seen Sasuke.

He can't help himself.

It still is. I'm fairly certain she'd succumb to most Uchiha jutsus. She still doesn't have a defense against elemental attacks. She can only fight an enemy that she can use tajutsu against and most shinobi use elements. Her only saving grace is that she can take a hit and be a decoy for the stronger ninjas like tsunade did.
I honestly think if her and Sasuke actually really fought and meant it she'd end up like Tsunade did when she fought Madara...ripped in half.

I read the first chapter of Boruto. It wasnt bad. But I take that most of it is repeating the Boruto movie story? Didnt watch the movie so this flashback could be really useful.

Amikami

Banned
I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption lol

There is at least one more opening after this one, given how the episode went and how much this opening covered (just the Kagyua battle). Question is if they will "update" the current opening or really expand on events for another 2 cours.

Expecting another 6 months of prolonged anime content to be frank.

Oh shoot. For some reason I was under the impression that this was the confirmed final OP, but even if it is, I forget that occasionally they changed the scenes of the OP midway through. I haven't followed the anime closely in years. They still do that often?

Lmao. Sure she is dude. Sure.

She's no where close lol. SM Naruto uses the same chakra enhanced tajitsu(Frog Kumite) she uses and we know for a fact that Senjutsu chakra is stronger than regular chakra.

Well, actually they're not quite the same thing. Senjutsu chakra enhances Naruto's physical parameters overall, and he's able to extend his striking range with Frog Kata. Sakura/Tsunade gather a metric shitton of chakra precisely at their fist and release it whenever they throw a punch - and this is already aided by their impressive regular physical strength.

Naruto in Sage Mode can't really hold a candle to Sakura/Tsunade in a pure strength contest; Deva Path survived his kick whereas Tsunade, whom Sakura is on-par with by the time of the War Arc, broke Madara's Susano'o ribcage.

But he's obviously a lot faster than them, more skilled in taijutsu, and has infinitely better reflexes. They can't touch him, and he still has Rasengan and Rasenshuriken to kill them easily.

Not really. Don't think we've ever seen one impressive speed feat from Sakura aside from PIS hitting Kaguya.

The harder question is which is the physically stronger Mode, Sage Mode or Kyūbi Chakra Mode.

She is lacking in the speed feat department but notable feats are sending jyuubi flying and matching with that pace, dodging Kaguya arm that RSM/Rinnegan Sasuke deemed insanely fast and blitzing Shin.

What do you mean? It goes RSM>BM>KCM>SM.

She is lacking in the speed feat department but notable feats are sending jyuubi flying and matching with that pace

Not Jūbi, a mini-Jūbi. And I don't know what's so impressive about that. Speed is relative.

dodging Kaguya arm that RSM/Rinnegan Sasuke deemed insanely fast

She was about to get hit by that arm. She never dodged it, and thirdly, Naruto was the one who deemed it fast.

Dodging something Rikudō Sage Mode Naruto deemed fast is a clear outlier, anyhow. Sakura is Tsunade-lite in the War Arc.

and blitzing Shin.

When did she blitz him?

What do you mean? It goes RSM>BM>KCM>SM.

KCM and SM have different advantages in different areas. SM has much better strength and sensing feats, as well as better reflexes. KCM is faster speed, durability, and duration.

She does but she one shots her fodder opponent.
At least she isn't weak, would love for Sasuke to train her in sword skills, but that would...you know require the man to spend some time with her. Actually I just remembered she's got twin short swords...why isn't she the main character again? Fuck Burrito.

Yado

At least she isn't weak, would love for Sasuke to train her in sword skills, but that would...you know require the man to spend some time with her. Actually I just remembered she's got twin short swords...why isn't she the main character again? Fuck Burrito.

Sometimes they're drawn in official art with weapons they never use. I would be surprised if she actually used those swords.

Main characters should've been sarada,shikadai and himawari.

Sometimes they're drawn in official art with weapons they never use. I would be surprised if she actually used those swords.
Are you fucking kidding me? How the fuck do you not do anything with that?
Main characters should've been sarada,shikadai and himawari.
I would be perfectly okay with this combination. I don't care if it did break the InoShikaCho tradition. Shikimaru and Temari can just have another kid. Temari's still hot, I'm sure Shikimaru's lazy ass can get it done.

Are you fucking kidding me? How the fuck do you not do anything with that?

I would be perfectly okay with this combination. I don't care if it did break the InoShikaCho tradition. Shikimaru and Temari can just have another kid. Temari's still hot, I'm sure Shikimaru's lazy ass can get it done.
That would be one awesome team. Shikadai is better than boruto anyway he would've won.

If Kishi was writing it my bets would be Boruto and Sarada being like Naruto and Sasuke in terms of prominence but this new writer.......I have a feeling he's going to sideline Sarada, though I don;t really care what happens in the new manga. Treating it like DB GT. Will wait for Kishi to write again or at least do a movie.

Not Jūbi, a mini-Jūbi. And I don't know what's so impressive about that. Speed is relative.

She was about to get hit by that arm. She never dodged it, and thirdly, Naruto was the one who deemed it fast.

Dodging something Rikudō Sage Mode Naruto deemed fast is a clear outlier, anyhow. Sakura is Tsunade-lite in the War Arc.

When did she blitz him?

KCM and SM have different advantages in different areas. SM has much better strength and sensing feats, as well as better reflexes. KCM is faster speed, durability, and duration.

She did dodge one arm.
When Shin lacked the ability to even react to Sakura despite having sharingans all over xD Guess its more of Shin being stupid though.

Arabesque

Oh shoot. For some reason I was under the impression that this was the confirmed final OP, but even if it is, I forget that occasionally they changed the scenes of the OP midway through. I haven't followed the anime closely in years. They still do that often?

Not often, but it still happens once major changes or a filler arc ends.

I dunno if that's what they have planned here. It's really hard to tell since they don't want to end the anime anytime soon lol

rambis

Banned
Well, actually they're not quite the same thing. Senjutsu chakra enhances Naruto's physical parameters overall, and he's able to extend his striking range with Frog Kata. Sakura/Tsunade gather a metric shitton of chakra precisely at their fist and release it whenever they throw a punch - and this is already aided by their impressive regular physical strength.

Naruto in Sage Mode can't really hold a candle to Sakura/Tsunade in a pure strength contest; Deva Path survived his kick whereas Tsunade, whom Sakura is on-par with by the time of the War Arc, broke Madara's Susano'o ribcage.

But he's obviously a lot faster than them, more skilled in taijutsu, and has infinitely better reflexes. They can't touch him, and he still has Rasengan and Rasenshuriken to kill them easily.
Sorry I don't buy any of this. Sage mode gives you incredible strength. This was demonstrated as the toads could hurl thing several tons l far distances. This is multiplied with someone like Naruto.

Sage mode Hashirama defeated Perfect Susano Madara, Tsuade cracking a rib on the lighter version isn't impressive. And SM grants Naruto Rashuriken which again Sakura has absolutely no defense for. It's no contest really.

Top Bottom