• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Khezu

So new dude is legit worse than Kishi? Holy shit that sounds nightmarish.

New dude has not done a single thing yet, it's just a retelling of the Boruto movie so far.

That said, Boruto being a mix of Sasuke and Naruto leaves Sarada in a weird place.
Making her Sakura 2.0 would be the absolute worst.

Sorry I don't buy any of this. Sage mode gives you incredible strength. This was demonstrated as the toads could hurl thing several tons l far distances. This is multiplied with someone like Naruto.

Sage mode Hashirama defeated Perfect Susano Madara, Tsuade cracking a rib on the lighter version isn't impressive. And SM grants Naruto Rashuriken which again Sakura has absolutely no defense for. It's no contest really.

I'm not saying Sakura is stronger than Sage Naruto, lmao.

But she's definitely superior when it comes to only strength. Do you think Deva Path is more durable than Madara's Susano'o?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so I decided to look at this new manga, and I don't know guys... guys with piercings, tattoos, Konoha destroyed, Naruto dead apparently.

Too edgy, I'm going to go cut myself.

Khezu

so I decided to look at this new manga, and I don't know guys... guys with piercings, tattoos, Konoha destroyed, Naruto dead apparently.

Too edgy, I'm going to go cut myself.

I mean it's not like a weirdo edgy guy with piercings destroyed Konoha before.

I mean it's not like a weirdo edgy guy with piercings destroyed Konoha before.
But that was a whole team of weirdo edgy guys, this time I guess it's just one. Hopefully the new guy isn't screaming "Universal Push" like he's got a bad case of constipation all the time.
New dude has not done a single thing yet, it's just a retelling of the Boruto movie so far.

That said, Boruto being a mix of Sasuke and Naruto leaves Sarada in a weird place.
I would really like for Sarada to get respected.

Sakura doesn't have actual superhuman strength like Tsunade, she just has her chakra enhanced punches.

She can clearly punch a lot harder than SM Naruto but she wouldn't be able to stop a giant charging rhino and then toss it clear into the air. Well maybe if she punched it but that doesn't seem that safe when its charging with a big ass sharp horn.

Chakra enhancement is not limited to punches. Though I guess when you're that strong its easier to punch something out of the way than lift it. I mean base Sakura punched the giant centipede out of the way with ease.

rambis

Banned
I'm not saying Sakura is stronger than Sage Naruto, lmao.

But she's definitely superior when it comes to only strength. Do you think Deva Path is more durable than Madara's Susano'o?
You weren't but the other guy was lol. Her not not developing ninjutsu makes her no better than Lee really. Also Naruto was able to overpower Kurama with SM(well with kushina). That is certainly on par with Susanoo, no?

Chakra enhancement is not limited to punches. Though I guess when you're that strong its easier to punch something out of the way than lift it. I mean base Sakura punched the giant centipede out of the way with ease.
Punches are the only thing she's shown strength in. If not please provide an example.

Guys Tsunade with help from 4 other Kage couldn't beat base level OP Madara. I highly doubt Sakura would do that much damage to an Uchiha like Sasuke or Super Sage Mode Naruto with his Mega form Digimon.

Sarada is a mix of Sakura and Naruto. She's definitely got Naruto's "fight to be Hokage no matter what" thing going on, but I think she'll also be a uniter when the group gets into fights with each other.

You weren't but the other guy was lol. Her not not developing ninjutsu makes her no better than Lee really. Also Naruto was able to overpower Kurama with SM(well with kushina). That is certainly on par with Susanoo, no?

Nah.

Naruto technically overpowered Kurama even without Kushina. When they first fought, Naruto had the upper hand by knocking Kurama flat on his ass with Rasenshuriken. Kurama really couldn't get up for a while. But after the whole Kushina business, Naruto did fine on his own with the Chō Ōdama Rasengan Barrage and another Rasenshuriken. He became really freakin' powerful with Sage Mode after battling Pain, that much was clear.

But that doesn't really stack up to Susano'o. Sasuke's Rinnegan Susano'o is powered by Rikudō chakra, making it automatically vastly superior to anyone who isn't an Ōtsutsuki or doesn't have Jūbi in them.

So yeah, Kurama doesn't even remotely compare.

The meteors that Sasuke cut with his Rinnegan Susano'o were so massive, that in the panel where they were very clearly shown, the curvature of the planet was also visible. So those meteors are probably the size of large countries, and Sasuke treated them like minor nuisances.

Punches are the only thing she's shown strength in. If not please provide an example.

I mean, punches are kind of all you need to depict strength, lol.

Guys Tsunade with help from 4 other Kage couldn't beat base level OP Madara. I highly doubt Sakura would do that much damage to an Uchiha like Sasuke or Super Sage Mode Naruto with his Mega form Digimon.

Sakura would get her shit kicked in by some barely above-average Kage-level shinobi like Ay or Ōnoki.

Sasuke in The Last one shotted like two halves of a small planet using the fucking Chidori. Everybody was panicking over that shit hitting Konoha and here comes Sasuke busting that shit up with the fucking Chidori. "That's cool Kakashi you use this to punch through people. I'm going to come in and disintegrate a meteor with it." I thought Ay was supposed to be pretty powerful?

Yeah, the power levels in Naruto got super ridiculous when Jūbi entered the picture.

I'd have been okay with power levels being capped at max to Hashirama. It's not that ridiculous, I said.

Then enters Jūbi and Hagoromo and planet-busting shit, and I just peaced out.

rambis

Banned
Nah.

Naruto technically overpowered Kurama even without Kushina. When they first fought, Naruto had the upper hand by knocking Kurama flat on his ass with Rasenshuriken. Kurama really couldn't get up for a while. But after the whole Kushina business, Naruto did fine on his own with the Chō Ōdama Rasengan Barrage and another Rasenshuriken. He became really freakin' powerful with Sage Mode after battling Pain, that much was clear.

But that doesn't really stack up to Susano'o. Sasuke's Rinnegan Susano'o is powered by Rikudō chakra, making it automatically vastly superior to anyone who isn't an Ōtsutsuki or doesn't have Jūbi in them.

So yeah, Kurama doesn't even remotely compare.

The meteors that Sasuke cut with his Rinnegan Susano'o were so massive, that in the panel where they were very clearly shown, the curvature of the planet was also visible. So those meteors are probably the size of large countries, and Sasuke treated them like minor nuisances.

Sakura would get her shit kicked in by some barely above-average Kage-level shinobi like Ay or Ōnoki.
I'm only referring to the rib breaking incident, which was with Madara in his weakest susanoo. Of course she doesn't compare to perfect or Sasukes rikudo senjutsu susanno. But Kurama even only half is certainly stronger than that. In fact, Madara said that Perfect Susanoo is on par with a bijuu. Kurama, even half of him is enough to combat several tailed beasts.

I mean, punches are kind of all you need to depict strength, lol.

Well sure but the argument was about the limits of her chakra enhanced strength. She's only smashed things with punches so that is looking like the extent. Maybe she can kick hard too?

Yeah, the power levels in Naruto got super ridiculous when Jūbi entered the picture.

I'd have been okay with power levels being capped at max to Hashirama. It's not that ridiculous, I said.

Then enters Jūbi and Hagoromo and planet-busting shit, and I just peaced out.
Juubi isnt quite a planet buster. This isn't DBZ lol. But I mean you would think that all 9 beasts combined would break shit. Look at how much damage 4 tailed Naruto did in the fight with Orochimaru. That was the second arc. For me I always saw the cap of the power scale being the tailed beasts.

Not to mention Kaguya and her alternate dimension time skip thing. That element alone was why I just hated her fight. It wasn't a fight. Sakura and Obito spent like half a volume playing fucking Where's Waldo with Sasuke cause of that stupidity.

I'm only referring to the rib breaking incident, which was with Madara in his weakest susanoo. Of course she doesn't compare to perfect or Sasukes rikudo senjutsu susanno. But Kurama even only half is certainly stronger than that. In fact, Madara said that Perfect Susanoo is on par with a bijuu. Kurama, even half of him is enough to combat several tailed beasts.

Oh yeah, Kurama is stronger than any Susano'o form base Madara can muster besides the Perfect version, but the point is, Naruto only overpowered him with Rasengans.

Not raw physical strength. So you can't really compare that to Sakura.

Well sure but the argument was about the limits of her chakra enhanced strength. She's only smashed things with punches so that is looking like the extent. Maybe she can kick hard too?

The limits of her chakra-enhanced strength are probably the same as Tsunade's.

Juubi isnt quite a planet buster. This isn't DBZ lol. But I mean you would think that all 9 beasts combined would break shit. Look at how much damage 4 tailed Naruto did in the fight with Orochimaru. That was the second arc. For me I always saw the cap of the power scale being the tailed beasts.

The only real possible planet-buster in Naruto is Kaguya with her ginormous black ball thing in the final fight.

I agree with you, I thought the Bijū should've been the cap of the power scale, or Madara/Hashirama given they've been hyped as legends since Part 1.

If only Jūbi and all that crap with the Sage of Six Paths was never introduced.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I wanted the new manga to be a comedy filled slice of life type of story. The old Gen trying to deal with the New Gen not being interested in Shinobi stuff, priorities being shifted now with the advent of technology in the narutoverse or something. we are not getting that judging by the first couple of pages.

Naruto apparently died in a flashforward? fuck outta here, spent almost 700 chapters on telling his story to kill him off-panel for shock value? meh. even if he is alive, it's lame they resort to that to draw interest in this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto lived his story and accomplished his dream. Probably went out like a badass, like his dad and the third before him

I wanted the new manga to be a comedy filled slice of life type of story. The old Gen trying to deal with the New Gen not being interested in Shinobi stuff, priorities being shifted now with the advent of technology in the narutoverse or something. we are not getting that judging by the first couple of pages.

Naruto apparently died in a flashforward? fuck outta here, spent almost 700 chapters on telling his story to kill him off-panel for shock value? meh. even if he is alive, it's lame they resort to that to draw interest in this.

Me too, wanted a more playful part 1 Naruto vibe and this new writer is going for some edgy bait drama and its just so......ugh.

lol
borutoparody_002.png
http://www.shroomsdayproductions.com/boruto/

This is kinda where we're at now. Naruto has all the bijuu(or portions of all) and everybody else with the exception of Sasuke are pretty normal. Boruto is more of a skillful ninja like Sasuke and doesnt have much chakra compared to Naruto.

I also doubt Sarada and her eyes will become a main focus like the rest of the Uchiha did last time. I feel like the power levels will be pretty normal this go around.
That sounds good at least...Hopefully naruto doesn’t die or something.

Madara should never have taken over Obito as the final villain. Obito was a shittily executed final villain IMO, but at least Kishi had an angle he was going for with thematic ties and such. Madara was literally just there to be powerful ancient threat, and had no real thematic or personal relevance to Naruto. So of course, what Kishi ultimately decided on was to take everything that was shitty about Madara as a villain, and make a new villain who exemplified those traits, but even worse.
Very true, just thought Madara would have been better than what we actually got. At least he had his “obsessed with the first” thing going for him. Could have been played up better than that surprise final boss that was just all around lame.

It's just Ghstwrld posting the same gif. Over and over and over. Which is why the tsukuyomi comment was so perfect

No offense ghosty

This would have been perfect. I freaking love everything post-war arc though, Naruto vs Sasuke included. I even liked The Last.
Tks man...lol

rambis

Banned

We don't know whats happened to Naruto. Youre just jumping to conclusions. Kishi did the same thing in the movie. Just realize that for anybody to be a threat in this new world Naruto and/or Sasuke will have to be removed from the picture. It has nothing to do with shock value.

And what you said seems to be the plot anyway. Kawaki of the new gen is tired of shinobi stuff and wants a change. Same thing as VOTE2 Sasuke really.

We don't know whats happened to Naruto. Youre just jumping to conclusions. Kishi did the same thing in the movie. Just realize that for anybody to be a threat in this new world Naruto and/or Sasuke will have to be removed from the picture. It has nothing to do with shock value.

And what you said seems to be the plot anyway. Kawaki of the new gen is tired of shinobi stuff and wants a change. Same thing as VOTE2 Sasuke really.

That's what I said a long time ago in this thread. Killing off Naruto is the absolute best way to kickstart boruto otherwise there is not a single thing that could pose a threat or cause adversity. I love naruto but if we're going to get a real story here with potential, he has got to go.

Yado

Would much rather have seen them go off on missions and grow. This is basically skipping ahead to the big explosions.

rambis

Banned
Would much rather have seen them go off on missions and grow. This is basically skipping ahead to the big explosions.
Says who? Thats obviously after a timeskip. They've showed you like 10 panels of a future arc, they haven't skipped anything. Jesus christ. Did you missed they other ~40 pages where he's back to the movie age?

brinstar

I don't think Naruto and Sasuke have to necessarily die for this series to make sense. It's been quite a while since Kaguya and in that time they could easily explain the power levels as advancements in ninjutsu since that time. I wouldn't be surprised if the villages all worked on ways to reverse-engineer some of the insane shit they've seen Naruto & Sasuke pull during the war.

Heck, Boruto is already way stronger than Naruto was at the same age.

I don't think Naruto and Sasuke have to necessarily die for this series to make sense. It's been quite a while since Kaguya and in that time they could easily explain the power levels as advancements in ninjutsu since that time. I wouldn't be surprised if the villages all worked on ways to reverse-engineer some of the insane shit they've seen Naruto & Sasuke pull during the war.

The movie did a terrible job of showing that

Yado

Says who? Thats obviously after a timeskip. They've showed you like 10 panels of a future arc, they haven't skipped anything. Jesus christ. Did you missed they other ~40 pages where he's back to the movie age?

Yeah, I did kind of rush through the retelling of the movie stuff. Maybe I'd see it differently if I hadn't seen it before.

rambis

Banned

Its more nuanced than that. Boruto lacks the amount of chakra that Naruto has and this shows in his Rasengan size and number of Shadow clones.

But skill wise Boruto seems super advanced. Multiple chakra natures, made a joke of learning the Rasengan and adding natiure etc. Well beyond Naruto. If he really has Raiton then be has to learn Chidori lol. He's alot more like Sasuke.

Goodstyle

Never understood the point of Madara. If he was just going to end up getting screwed in the end by someone pulling the strings like Obito, why not cut him out and just have a direct transition from Obito to Kaguya? Why did we need 20 chapters of Madara doing the same shit Obito already did first?

rambis

Banned
Boruto only lacks chakra levels compared to Naruto. And thats for obvious reasons. Hes far superior in most other things and the movie did fine in showing that.

Boruto only lacks chakra levels compared to Naruto. And thats for obvious reasons. Hes far superior in most other things and the movie did fine in showing that.
No chunin exams-first test he would've fell without his team because he was focused on cheating

2nd test-he would've lost the flag without cheating because his clone game isn't up to par

3rd test would've lost not one but both matches without cheating

They can imply he's better than naruto at that age all they want the movie did terrible at showing it.

rambis

Banned
No chunin exams-first test he would've fell without his team because he was focused on cheating

2nd test-he would've lost the flag without cheating because his clone game isn't up to par

They can imply he's better than naruto at that age all they want the movie did terrible at showing it.

He learned Rasengan in no time, can do it without clones and can throw it while adding nature chakra. Supposedly knows and taught himself different chakra natures and the shadow clone jutsu. These are things that the 4th could never do and that it took till the middle of Part 2 for Naruto to do.

His battle skills and far beyond Narutos, none of that kiddy stuff matters really. Naruto got by on plot and his Kyuubi chakra in part 1. This kid's skills are well beyond his.

He learned Rasengan in no time, can do it without clones and can throw it while adding nature chakra. Supposedly knows and taught himself different chakra natures and the shadow clone jutsu. These are things that the 4th could never do and that it took till the middle of Part 2 for Naruto to do.

His battle skills and far beyond Narutos, none of that kiddy stuff matters really. Naruto got by on plot and his Kyuubi chakra in part 1. This kids skills are well beyond his.
It was implied konohamaru taught him that's why naruto asked after he said that what are you teaching him. Naruto also taught himself shadow clone jutsu. You also didn't touch on what I said about the chunin exams. Naruto fought kiba and neji. Boruto fought some no name blue haired kid and got outclassed by clones,than had to cheat. He fought the guy with the bubble gum jutsu proceeds to yet again cheat. Fights shikadai...o look cheats again was outsmarted and outclassed. I never said he perhaps wasn't stronger but I did say the movie did a terrible job showing it

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Never understood the point of Madara. If he was just going to end up getting screwed in the end by someone pulling the strings like Obito, why not cut him out and just have a direct transition from Obito to Kaguya? Why did we need 20 chapters of Madara doing the same shit Obito already did first?

Madara was a better villain than Kaguya (who was an entirely pointless villain), hell he was a better villain than obito.

rambis

Banned
It was implied konohamaru taught him that's why naruto asked after he said that what are you teaching him. Naruto also taught himself shadow clone jutsu. You also didn't touch on what I said about the chunin exams. Naruto fought kiba and neji. Boruto fought some no name blue haired kid and got outclassed by clones,than had to cheat. He fought the guy with the bubble gum jutsu proceeds to yet again cheat. Fights shikadai...o look cheats again was outsmarted and outclassed. I never said he perhaps wasn't stronger but I did say the movie did a terrible job showing it
No it wasnt. He's referring to Borutos attitude that he doesnt need teammates to do missions when he asked Kono. Thats why he lectured Boruto on teamwork. Naruto doesn't know what Boruto can do, that was a major point of the movie.

These chuunin exams were meaningless plot points. He was already praised as the top of the class before the cheating started. He cheated because he didn't trust in his own ability to impress naruto. Which if naruto was there in the first place he wouldnt have to.

No it wasnt. He's referring to Borutos attitude that he doesnt need teammates to do missions when he asked Kono. Thats why he lectured Boruto on teamwork. Naruto doesn't know what Boruto can do, that was a major point of the movie.

These chuunin exams were meaningless plot points. He was already praised as the top of the class before the cheating started. He cheated because he didn't trust in his own ability to impress naruto. Which if naruto was there in the first place he wouldnt have to.
We're getting nowhere here. Arguing two different things here. The Movie did not do a good job of showing how strong he was. Period

Boruto has potential but the movie highlighted his lack of battle sense. It was kind of the point though.....highlighting how he lacked perseverance and hence the will to train. He's learnt his lesson though.

Top Bottom