• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Boruto has potential but the movie highlighted his lack of battle sense. It was kind of the point though.....highlighting how he lacked perseverance and hence the will to train. He's learnt his lesson though.
Thank you!!! That's all I was saying. No one was calling precious boruto weak I said the movie did a bad job at showing his strength that was it. Never said it lasted never said he was weak anything of the sort. Stated several times the movie THE MOVIE did a bad job.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah honestly Boruto didn't exactly have very impressive capabilties in the movie. He was outclassed in KB and his regular Ninjutsu wasn't strong enough to get him through otherwise he wouldn't have relied on the Ninja tool as he was clearly very aprehensive about using it in the first place. He only began using it when he realised he wouldn't get any further under his own skills.

The point of the movie obviously wasn't how awesome Bouto was though, a major plot point is how much more of a loser he was in comparison to naruto, which he is though not due to his own lack of capabilties. He learned both of naruto's key jutsu's in a much faster rate. The thing is Naruto had a fucking tailed beast and thus massive amounts of chakra, under the same circumstances of chakra he'd probably be much more effective han Naruto.

rambis

Banned
If you know what to look for you can see where Boruto skill is. The plot points of him cheating or whatever is just that. He wanted to wow Naruto and didnt know if he could without the device, thats why the flashback happens rihht before he uses it.Please learn to see the forest from trees

Seishitsu Henkas and Keitai Henkas. These are things that the 4th never learned with the Rasengan and that Naruto never learned to do as well as Boruto can now. There is a reason why Sasuke was impressed enough to take him as a student. He slung his Rasengan to that tree like it was childs play. Meanwhile it took Naruto SM before he could even dream of doing that and he still needs clones.

I have to admit, it's super satisfying to see Sasuke mature from an arrogant, overly emotional brat, to a insightful, wise adult by the Boruto movie.

His relationship with Naruto in the movie is one of the best parts and you really get the feeling they have a huge amount of respect for each other given how much they've been through and their talk after the final fight.

You can give Kishi as much shit as you want, but Sasuke and Naruto's bond was something he ended off perfectly.

I have to admit, it's super satisfying to see Sasuke mature from an arrogant, overly emotional brat, to a insightful, wise adult by the Boruto movie.

His relationship with Naruto in the movie is one of the best parts and you really get the feeling they have a huge amount of respect for each other given how much they've been through and their talk after the final fight.

You can give Kishi as much shit as you want, but Sasuke and Naruto's bond was something he ended off perfectly.
I always felt Naruto and Shikimaru seemed like better friends than Naruto and Sasuke. I haven't seen Boruto though so it sounds like it gets fleshed out more. Naruto and Sasuke just came off as stereotypical Shonen show friends, but the meat to the bond was hardly there outside of them just being rivals that push each other to get stronger. From what I've read on here, Shikimaru gives Naruto advice on his kids. I can't see Sasuke doing that, nor could I see it being good advice any way.

If you know what to look for you can see where Boruto skill is. The plot points of him cheating or whatever is just that. He wanted to wow Naruto and didnt know if he could without the device, thats why the flashback happens rihht before he uses it.Please learn to see the forest from trees

Seishitsu Henkas and Keitai Henkas. These are things that the 4th never learned with the Rasengan and that Naruto never learned to do as well as Boruto can now. There is a reason why Sasuke was impressed enough to take him as a student. He slung his Rasengan to that tree like it was childs play. Meanwhile it took Naruto SM before he could even dream of doing that and he still needs clones.
That was my point there's nothing to look for. They can say sarada is better than sasuke at that age but I'd still say the same for her the movie did a bad job showing it. Him throwing a rasengan was all cool but that wasn't enough. He said he could use 3 different elements I wanted to see him use it himself. The plot device is what I didn't like. He cheated for half the movie which was boring (yes it was for plot you don't have to keep saying I know what the plot is) I'm saying they didn't show his feats enough. There was no forest or trees to see

I always felt Naruto and Shikimaru seemed like better friends than Naruto and Sasuke. I haven't seen Boruto though so it sounds like it gets fleshed out more. Naruto and Sasuke just came off as stereotypical Shonen show friends, but the meat to the bond was hardly there outside of them just being rivals that push each other to get stronger. From what I've read on here, Shikimaru gives Naruto advice on his kids. I can't see Sasuke doing that, nor could I see it being good advice any way.
Actually the movie handled their friendship really well. Sasuke and shika gave him advice. But still I agree naruto,shika,choji and kiba always seemed like good friends more than sasuke

To the bolded, it is, for sure. Watch the movie, it's the best one out of how many have been released.

It gives the talk in Chapter 699 a lot more significance and impact. Sasuke's redemption and development, in a nutshell, became complete with the movie.

To the bolded, it is, for sure. Watch the movie, it's the best one out of how many have been released.

It gives the talk in Chapter 699 a lit more significance and impact. Sasuke's redemption and development, in a nutshell, became complete with the movie.
I oddly enough don't even know how to watch the damn thing. It up on Hulu?
Sasuke is the best character of the show.
Pretty much him, Shikimaru and Pervy Sage were my faves that didn't get fucked over by plot no jutsu or being part of the elite jobbing corp of jobbers or something. Kakashi and Guy are probably second tier faves.

Khezu

Both Naruto and Sasuke were equally the worst characters in Naruto.

I can't really say who is best, everyone that got any decent screen time was ruined by Kishi.

Even MInato and Itachi got lame when they were brought back as Edos.

Ok Killer Bee was probably the best character in Naruto.

I can't really say who is best, everyone that got any decent screen time was ruined by Kishi.

Pfft shikamaru easy

Sasuke is the best character of the show.

I don't know about best, but he's definitely up there.

People get hung up about the 'emo' aspect of him, but aside from his little crazy phase, Sasuke's development throughout the series is completely logical. He's easily the most complex character in the manga.

I oddly enough don't even know how to watch the damn thing. It up on Hulu?

Torrent it, fam.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Yeah but but a few hundred KB are much better than that in usefulness, that technique out like 1, maybe 3 if al stood in a line, it's also something he wasn't even aware was impressive until Sasuke pointed it out. There's a clear point in capture the flag where he didn't actually think he could win. Keep in he would have failed the first exam if he wasn't saved by his team mates. There was a clear limit in his abilties but it wasn't due to lack of talent I figured under some significant degree of training from sasuke he'd be muh more comparable and start surpassing them age wise in certain parameters

Killer Bee?!!!!
PeDMMJ.gif

Killer Bee is great. Sympathetic backstory, powerful as fuck, unique and diverse fighting style, awesome design, and hilarious personality. Basically everything about him is good.

Even his name is memorable. Killer fuckin' Bee.

Heck, his entire family is badass. His bro got the wrestling moves down while his dad is a juggernaut. Fuck Konoha, Kumo's where it's at.

Whenever Kishi explored other villages, it was always interesting. He's fantastic at world-building, and should've played more into that strength.

Killer Bee is great. Sympathetic backstory, powerful as fuck, unique and diverse fighting style, awesome design, and hilarious personality. Basically everything about him is good.

Even his name is memorable. Killer fuckin' Bee.

Heck, his entire family is badass. His bro got the wrestling moves down while his dad is a juggernaut. Fuck Konoha, Kumo's where it's at.

Whenever Kishi explored other villages, it was always interesting. He's fantastic at world-building, and should've played more into that strength.
I like him till he starts talking then my Killer Bee tolerance clock starts counting down.

rambis

Banned
That was my point there's nothing to look for. They can say sarada is better than sasuke at that age but I'd still say the same for her the movie did a bad job showing it. Him throwing a rasengan was all cool but that wasn't enough. He said he could use 3 different elements I wanted to see him use it himself. The plot device is what I didn't like. He cheated for half the movie which was boring (yes it was for plot you don't have to keep saying I know what the plot is) I'm saying they didn't show his feats enough. There was no forest or trees to see

Actually the movie handled their friendship really well. Sasuke and shika gave him advice. But still I agree naruto,shika,choji and kiba always seemed like good friends more than sasuke

It doesn't really matter what you find impressive or not or flashy enough. The manga has established several different progression points that a shinobi goes through as they progress up the ranks. Things like learning different Nature transformations or shape transformations are expected of Jonin level ninja. And here is Boruto learning these things like childs play while genius shinobi like Minato went a whole lifetime without being able to accomplish.

Again if you can't understand this we have nothing to really discuss. Dont know why you're still replying honestly. You disagree, its cool.

It doesn't really matter what you find impressive or not or flashy enough. The manga has established several different progression points that a shinobi goes through as they progress up the ranks. Things like learning different Nature transformations or shape transformations are expected of Jonin level ninja. And here is Boruto learning these things like childs play while genius shinobi like Minato went a whole lifetime without being able to accomplish.

Again if you can't understand this we have nothing to really discuss. Dont know why you're still replying honestly.
Excuse me?

wish we got more from this village
tumblr_m07uwecKLr1rpj3qyo1_500.gif

I agree. Love the lore and world of Naruto.

Agreed.

You know the world-building in Naruto is good when you can make a spin-off series in Boruto after over 10 years of serialisation in the same universe and still have room for an enormous wealth and variety of stories possible.

There are still so many countries and villages to explore.

Whereas you look at Bleach, and just...lol.

You've said long ago that we are getting no where and you said nevermind as well. So why are we still here?
We talk, we debate its a forum where do you get off saying why are you still replying. If you didn't wanna debate anymore say that but I'm not going to tell you stop replying to me that's not only disrespectful but bad sportsmanship.

Found this post which sums up why I liked Sasuke from the start.

Sasuke is such an atypical rival.

From the start he does the “I don’t care about you all, you just get in my way” act which typically would lead to the good guys proving him wrong and him changing his attitude but that’s not really what happens, he defends Naruto when Sakura makes an ignorant comment, he stays by Sakura’s side when she passes out in the bell test, he shares his food with Naruto against Kakashi’s orders, he’s the first to jump in front of Sakura when she’s attacked, he takes Haku’s senbon to protect Naruto, etc… and that’s all in the first arc, it’s so different from other characters of this archetype and even when he goes bad he still follows his own personal story line instead of being dependant on the protagonist’s, that’s what drew me to him as a character.

I mean a rival that gets such a prominent role throughout the story, is equal with the MC power wise and treated as such is rare in shounen isn't it? His character arc is also one that has the most development, a consequence of being central to the story as well as having to change the most. Also helps when he's often unpredictable and hence creates suspense, makes it interesting. Kishi did fumble a few times (I don't like how Sasuke's thoughts were still kept from us in Gaiden for suspense, especially after 699 where his thoughts and actions were explicity shown) but his character in Boruto....in the end, was great.

I knew I heard that! Chunim exams is exactly the right time to do it actually shame he was rushed.

Editors can sometimes be a blessing as well as a curse.

Found this post which sums up why I liked Sasuke from the start.

I mean a rival that gets such a prominent role throughout the story, is equal with the MC power wise and treated as such is rare in shounen isn't it?

Editors can sometimes be a blessing as well as a curse.
Hell you can make the argument sasuke was stronger than naruto multiple times. Their rivalry was fantastic that can never be a negative on this series

rambis

Banned
You didn't... Nevamind cool.

We're getting nowhere here. Arguing two different things here. The Movie did not do a good job of showing how strong he was. Period
You've tried to end this several times with your opinion yet the first time I try to move on you bitch a fit? Just stop replying like you said before and move on.

Its ok not to agree with someone. No need for circular arguments.

Hell you can make the argument sasuke was stronger than naruto multiple times. Their rivalry was fantastic that can never be a negative on this series
Sasuke has been stronger though several times. He was way stronger in the beginning. Way stronger during the Chuunin exams and stronger when they found his ass in Part 2 as well. I think probably after that it gets a bit muddy though. Though I don't think at the same point Naruto would've been able to take it to Deidara the way Sasuke did though.

Honesty learn how to talk to somebody its not that deep its a discussion.

Sasuke has been stronger though several times. He was way stronger in the beginning. Way stronger during the Chuunin exams and stronger when they found his ass in Part 2 as well. I think probably after that it gets a bit muddy though. Though I don't think at the same point Naruto would've been able to take it to Deidara the way Sasuke did though.
Part 2 is what got me like I was just sitting there like...Naruto the dafuq were you doing for two years he's speed blitzing you lol.

I wonder if people back in the day expected Naruto to bring Sasuke back in Part 1.
I'm not going to lie...I did. Once he went nine tails I didn't expect sasuke to keep up like that

Sasuke has been stronger though several times. He was way stronger in the beginning. Way stronger during the Chuunin exams and stronger when they found his ass in Part 2 as well. I think probably after that it gets a bit muddy though.

Wave Arc: Sasuke > Naruto
Chūnin Exams: Sasuke >> Naruto
Orochimaru's Invasion: Naruto >> Sasuke (Gamabunta)
Sasuke Retrieval Arc: Sasuke = Naruto
Sai Arc: Sasuke >> Naruto
Invasion of Pain Arc: Naruto > Sasuke
Kage Summit Arc: Naruto = Sasuke
War Arc (pre-Bijū Mode): Naruto = Sasuke

Then Naruto starts easily surpassing him with Bijū Mode, then they're equal again with Rikudō's powers, but not really because Sasuke needed all nine Bijū to match him in their final fight, lol.

rambis

Banned
I'll just ignore you and the thread can move on ok? Can't fucking stand passive aggressive posters who try to hide their hands.

Your not ignoring me if you still try and throw shots just not by replying. It was a discussion we debated you think this I think that we are fine just don't tell me bitching and not to reply because I did not to the same give respect get it

*reaches out hand.

latest

rambis

Banned
Wave Arc: Sasuke > Naruto
Chūnin Exams: Sasuke >> Naruto
Orochimaru's Invasion: Naruto >> Sasuke (Gamabunta)
Sasuke Retrieval Arc: Sasuke = Naruto
Sai Arc: Sasuke >> Naruto
Invasion of Pain Arc: Naruto > Sasuke
Kage Summit Arc: Naruto = Sasuke
War Arc (pre-Bijū Mode): Naruto = Sasuke

Then Naruto starts easily surpassing him with Bijū Mode, then they're equal again with Rikudō's powers, but not really because Sasuke needed all nine Bijū to match him in their final fight, lol.
Naruto was stronger in the Chuunin Arc. He defeated Gaara who Sasuke wouldve died against if Naruto didnt save him.

Edit: Well I guess you accounted for that but its all the chuunin exams basically.

Kishi said he intends for them to be equal now but you raise a good point. Sasuke needed Indras Arrow with all 9 Bijuu to compete with Naruto in Vote2.

Sasuke caught up to Naruto by the Boruto movie since Naruto was working his ass off in an office while Sasuke was off on missions.

In terms of different modes and forms, here's how the ranking goes in Part 2:

Base Naruto = Sharingan Sasuke
Three-tailed Naruto = Cursed Seal Level 2 Sharingan Sasuke
Sage Naruto = Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke
Kyūbi Chakra Mode Naruto = Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke
Bijū Mode Naruto = Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke (Perfect Susano'o)
Bijū Sage Mode Naruto = Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke (Perfect Susano'o with Jūgo)
Rikudō Sage Mode Naruto = Rinnegan Sasuke (nine Bijū)
The Last Naruto = The Last Sasuke
Adult Naruto = Adult Sasuke

Naruto needed all the senju energy above the surface to counter act Indra's Arrow.
I'd put Adult Sasuke above simply due to being able to dimension hop.

Naruto needed all the senju energy above the surface to counter act Indra's Arrow.
I'd put Adult Sasuke above simply due to being able to dimension hop.

All that natural energy is part of Naruto's regular moveset, it's just Sage Mode.

Indra's Arrow can't be part of Sasuke's regular moveset, it requires the nine Bijū which he normally doesn't have access to.

Don't see why dimension hopping would make Sasuke above.

rambis

Banned
Sasuke caught up to Naruto by the Boruto movie since Naruto was working his ass off in an office while Sasuke was off on missions.

In terms of different modes and forms, here's how the ranking goes in Part 2:

Base Naruto = Sharingan Sasuke
Three-tailed Naruto = Cursed Seal Level 2 Sharingan Sasuke
Sage Naruto = Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke
Kyūbi Chakra Mode Naruto = Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke
Bijū Mode Naruto = Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke (Perfect Susano'o)
Bijū Sage Mode Naruto = Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan Sasuke (Perfect Susano'o with Jūgo)
Rikudō Sage Mode Naruto = Rinnegan Sasuke (nine Bijū)
The Last Naruto = The Last Sasuke
Adult Naruto = Adult Sasuke
Ehh I don't know about this. Sure, Naruto was "rusty" in Gaiden but he also had alot more power after VOTE2 because he finally gained both Kuramas. And he's still a Sage, he can gather as much senjutsu chakra as he needs probably even more now than he could as a teen. Sasuke has to have all 9 bijuu to stand a chance.

I chalk it up to another one of Kishis inconsistencies as he rushed to finish the manga.

All that natural energy is part of Naruto's regular moveset, it's just Sage Mode.

Indra's Arrow can't be part of Sasuke's regular moveset, it requires the nine Bijū which he normally doesn't have access to.

Don't see why dimension hopping would make Sasuke above.

Teleport Naruto to a different dimension and leave him there xd

Ehh I don't know about this. Sure, Naruto was "rusty" in Gaiden but he also had alot more power after VOTE2 because he finally gained both Kuramas. And he's still a Sage, he can gather as much senjutsu chakra as he needs probably even more now than he could as a teen. Sasuke has to have all 9 bijuu to stand a chance.

I chalk it up to another one of Kishis inconsistencies as he rushed to finish the manga.

I'm not talking about rust. Naruto threw his rust off by the time of the movie.

But Sasuke improved to the point where he physically outran Rikudō Sage Naruto in a foot race against Momoshiki and hurt him with punches/kicks, whereas as a teen, he could barely hold his own against base Naruto in a physical scuffle.

That's a ridiculously big difference.

As an adult, Sasuke could also form his Isō Susano'o without the need of Bijū, as well.

Speaking of naruto vs sasuke if they fought as is now, if sasuke warped to a different dimension with naruto..would that be game over? Can naruto like get out?

rambis

Banned

But Sasuke improved to the point where he physically outran Rikudō Sage Naruto in a foot race against Momoshiki and hurt him with punches/kicks, whereas as a teen, he could barely hold his own against base Naruto in a physical scuffle.

As an adult, Sasuke could also form his Isō Susano'o without the need of Bijū, as well.
Idk I thought Sasuke was faster after they both got the seals. The manga even showed him chasing down Madara like it was nothing.

He did perfect susanoo a few times before without a bijuu as well.

Welfare

The thing is Naruto had a fucking tailed beast and thus massive amounts of chakra, under the same circumstances of chakra he'd probably be much more effective han Naruto.

Naruto had a very large chakra pool to use even without Kurama. That's why he can make hundreds of Shadow Clones without needing Kurama as early as Chapter 1, and had to lose control in order for Kurama to appear. Problem is that Part 1 Naruto had shit chakra control until he met Jiraiya.

What the fuck is Iso Susano'o?

Idk I thought Sasuke was faster after they both got the seals. The manga even showed him chasing down Madara like it was nothing.

He did perfect susanoo a few times before without a bijuu as well.

Sasuke likely used teleportation to catch up to Madara.

Sasuke's own actual physical speed when fighting Naruto in their final battle wasn't changed from before he gained the Sage's powers. They were the exact same.

Evidently, he drastically improved by his adult age.

What the fuck is Iso Susano'o?

Isō Susano'o is the Susano'o without wings and the unique mask, the final version he used to activate Indra's Arrow.

Top Bottom