• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Frog-fu

Banned
NaruSaku made no sense in the story either.

He didn't change the outcome of the pairing midway through the story, he just want to troll the NaruSaku fanbase.

Don't give me this horse shit and read the actual goddamn manga instead of trying to debate shit from selective memory. From the moment she was introduced, Sakura was Naruto's one and only love interest. Their relationship is the only one that was actually developed and is comparable to that of Naruto and Sasuke. Kishimoto spent years drawing parallels between their relationship to others; he gave clear indication of where their relationship was headed to, and if NS had become canon, no one could've legitimately called foul considering it was the only potential pairing that was given significant development.

Not once over the course of nearly 700 chapters spread over 15 years did Naruto ever show any interest in Hinata or any other female character. We know for a fact Sakura did have non-platonic feelings for him, both indicated in the manga and outright stated in the databooks Kishimoto wrote himself.

The man outright states popularity was an issue. He was "troubled" by Sakura's lack of popularity and took note of the fact Hinata, despite her limited appearances, was consistently popular. He's contradicted himself on a number of occasions when discussing both NH and NS.

The fact we needed a movie that eradicates Naruto's defining characteristic of emotional competence and renders him to a fucking retard that thought Hinata liked him like he liked ramen is the biggest fucking indictment of bullshittery on his part I can think of.

Ultimately, the real issue isn't about the pairings because any pairing can work if it's done right. It's the way in which they were executed that matters. Kishimoto mutilated his story and characters to pander to fans of a minor fucking character that had less than 20 appearances and whose meaningful interactions with the protagonist can be counted on one hand, nearly all of which entirely non-romantic of nature.

In order to facilitate this bullshit pairing, Kishimoto sidelined Team 7 and reduced their importance to the point you wouldn't believe this shit was canon if you hadn't been outright told it was.

Yado

He focused the story on Team 7 (he even said he wasn`t good with managing a ton of characters and balancing their stories out)
having Sakura and Naruto being in the same team means that they`d have more interactions with one another

He trolled at times with Naruto jokingly teasing her but it wasn`t every second of every day

Examples being:

• Naruto jokingly asking Sakura for a date is a troll
  • Sakura having some inner anger issues (even more then Kushina) was a red herring
  • Naruto saving Sakura or Sakura saving Naruto was neither of the previous two but instead it was bonds between two team mates caring for each other

If you truly think Naruto doing stuff like asking her out was just him joking around why do you insist on painting Sakura's confession as a pivotal moment for them? Did Naruto's character have a romantic interest in her or not?

Again, why did they have to have a MOVIE to justify the final pair, if it was so developed.

I would've vastly preferred all of this development happening in the manga (minus the sheer stupidity of ninja's fighting on the moon. >.<)

Come on now.

They retconed Naruto's entire childhood, just to make NH PLAUSIBLE, let alone believable.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Can someone point to me these NS moments and development that's comparable to the NH moments in the manga?

Because I'm really curious. Just because they spent time together, a given since they were part of the same team, doesn't mean the pairing was developed. Quality over quantity, my friends.

Don't give me this horse shit and read the actual goddamn manga instead of trying to debate shit from selective memory. From the moment she was introduced, Sakura was Naruto's one and only love interest. Their relationship is the only on that was actually developed and is comparable to that of Naruto and Sasuke. Kishimoto spent years drawing parallels between their relationship to others; he gave clear indication of where their relationship was headed to, and if NS had become canon, no one could've legitimately called foul considering it was the only potential pairing that was given significant development.

Not once over the course of nearly 700 chapters spread over 15 years did Naruto ever show any interest in Hinata or any other female character. We know for a fact Sakura did have non-platonic feelings for him, both indicated in the manga and outright stated in the databooks Kishimoto wrote himself.

The man outright states popularity was an issue. He was "troubled" by Sakura's lack of popularity and took note of the fact Hinata, despite her limited appearances, was consistently popular. He's contradicted himself on a number of occasions when discussing both NH and NS.

The fact we needed a movie that eradicates Naruto's defining characteristic of emotional competence and renders to him to a fucking retard that thought Hinata liked him like he liked ramen is the biggest fucking indictment of bullshittery on his part.

Ultimately, the issues isn't about pairings because any pairing can work if it's done right. It's the way in which they were executed that matters. Kishimoto mutilated his story and characters to pander to fans of a minor fucking character that had less than 20 appearances and whose meaningful interactions with the protagonist can be counted on one hand, all of which entirely non-romantic of nature.

In order to facilitate this bullshit pairing, Kishimoto sidelined Team 7 and reduced their importance to the point you wouldn't believe this shit was canon if you hadn't been outright told it was.
Even though Hinata was always meant to be in the story and sakura was added as a editor idea.
Even though the only real way wed known naruto had any interest in sakura was chapter 3 and naruto being sad about shipping SS.
Everyone know the only reason you, or any NS gives a shit about team 7 all of a sudden is because the movie is NH. Cause 1 SS doesnt care about naruto, 2 Narusasu dont care about sakura, and 3 narusaku fucking hate sasuke.
Sakura was written horribly and the only time she was ever written well was right before the series started going to shit.
Narusaku was a load of bullshit and naruto and sasukes relationship was better written. Ill say right now yes NH wasnt well written but it sure as hell was better written then "OH MY GOD SAKURAS MAD JUST LIKE KUSHINA WHICH MEANS NARUTO AMD SAKURA ARE GONNA FUCK"

Again, why did they have to have a MOVIE to justify the final pair, if it was so developed.

I would've vastly preferred all of this development happening in the manga (minus the sheer stupidity of ninja's fighting on the moon. >.<)

Come on now.

They retconed Naruto's entire childhood, just to make NH PLAUSIBLE, let alone believable.
how did they retcon it? They added two scene to his childhood that really added nothing. Hes still lonely, he still had no one, hinata still couldnt approach him because of her own shyness.

Error

how did they retcon it? They added two scene to his childhood that really added nothing. Hes still lonely, he still had no one, hinata still couldnt approach him because of her own shyness.
Yeah I don't get how anything got retconned.

If you truly think Naruto doing stuff like asking her out was just him joking around why do you insist on painting Sakura's confession as a pivotal moment for them? Did Naruto's character have a romantic interest in her or not?
My views

Before the confession or maybe early then that Naruto had a crush on Sakura.... it wasn't crazy love or anything but like a average boy in his youth he got a crush on Sakura.... for what reasons who knows

As the series moved on Naruto's crush on Sakura began to dwindle.... especially sicne he saw how dedicated she was to Sasuke

When I said he jokingly teases her... it is his way off showing of his bonds with her,
since way back in their old Team 7 days he was always acting like that and like a way of expressing nostalgia or trying to create a atmosphere of comfort or reassurance....

Sakura knows this imho hence why she brutally rejects him knowing that he isn't really serious and that such rejections wouldn't really harm him.... At times she shows her thanks by going out with him/ feeding him/caring for him... In which he accepts knowing that she is showing off her gratitude and not mistaking it for her loving him as much as she deeply loved Sasuke....

Actually what harmed him more in his youth when he still had this crush was the moments Sakura showed how deep her affections for Sasuke was and him being raised up without actually having such a deep love (in particularity a female be it motherly or true love) hurt him deeply as he felt somewhat jealous

The nail in the coffin (if he ever did have a small amount of hope) was when Sakura came to him with a false confession... this made him realize that it wasn't meant to be and made him mature and eventually fully move on

Of course as he grew older the boy got people who cared for him and he began to cherish it.... funnily enough he believed that everybody's love for him was like a close friend/family love and he never put it together that it could ever be more then that especially with Hinata

Yado

My views

Before the confession or maybe early then that Naruto had a crush on Sakura.... it wasn't crazy love or anything but like a average boy in his youth he got a crush on Sakura.... for what reasons who knows

As the series moved on Naruto's crush on Sakura began to dwindle.... especially sicne he saw how dedicated she was to Sasuke

When I said he jokingly teases her... it is his way off showing of his bonds with her,
since way back in their old Team 7 days he was always acting like that and like a way of expressing nostalgia or trying to create a atmosphere of comfort or reassurance....

Sakura knows this imho hence why she brutally rejects him knowing that he isn't really serious and that such rejections wouldn't really harm him.... At times she shows her thanks by going out with him/ feeding him/caring for him... In which he accepts knowing that she is showing off her gratitude and not mistaking it for her loving him as much as she deeply loved Sasuke....

Actually what harmed him more in his youth when he still had this crush was the moments Sakura showed how deep her affections for Sasuke was and him being raised up without actually having such a deep love (in particularity a female be it motherly or true love) hurt him deeply as he felt somewhat jealous

The nail in the coffin (if he ever did have a small amount of hope) was when Sakura came to him with a false confession... this made him realize that it wasn't meant to be and made him mature and eventually fully move on

Of course as he grew older the boy got people who cared for him and he began to cherish it.... funnily enough he believed that everybody's love for him was like a close friend/family love and he never put it together that it could ever be more then that especially with Hinata

I agree with you somewhat except for the confession thing, to me his interest in her in part 1 was just kids being kids. As for the confession I don't think Naruto was hurt by what she said or "moved on" as there was nothing to move on from. I think he was angry at her for lying to herself (like he said) by saying she would be ok with settling for Naruto and giving up on Sasuke.

Naruto literally said he was upset at Sakura for lying to herself and people still interpret it to mean that Naruto was mad at her for lying to him...I see that scene as more of a testament to Naruto's maturity and the depth of their friendship rather than "the time that lying bitch tried to trick Naruto"

I don't see their interactions or the parallels between Sakura & Kushina as trolling or red herrings. Kishi isn't that good of a writer.

Everyone just needs to accept that Kishi trolled the fuck out of them. All this stuff about "what makes sense in the context of the story" and all that is just bullshit, he never cared about giving the romance any real development, this movie was just some bonus thing to him he never planned on doing.

Kishi wanted to do the Dragonball route of "timeskip -> boom they're together, deal with it" where he differs is that he intentionally trolls with teases, red herrings, and "development" that doesn't mean anything. Dragonball and others like One Piece never give/gave that kind of stuff the time of day so no one had anything to latch on to unlike Naruto.

Stop trying to "justify" or "denounce" these pairings, Kishi simply did not give a fuck.

Naruto had a bit of the heavy promise he made with Sakura as one of his reason to get Sasuke back

but of course he cared for Sasuke more.... the fake confession scene put the nail in the coffin of Naruto wanting to save Sasuke for Sakura`s sake

So I agree with your post

Naruto vs Sasuke put a nail in the coffin of any entertaining the idea that Naruto went after Sasuke just for Sakura....like did you even read the manga is what I would say to them.

The guy forgot to give Narutos kids the Byakugan...that's just

:lol

This lol. Kishi must of been high.

Come on now.

what is retconed the bullying or the Classroom where they write down the person they`d like to be with?

Both of which isn't that unbelievable

Hinata being picked on is shown multiple times via other mediums way before this movie

Having a classroom scene where they write down who'd they'd wish to be with in the end and the kids answers are also not a big stretch

Hinata writing Naruto name isn't odd since she admires him and believed/was rejected by everyone in her clan

Naruto writing no one isn't a big stretch either since he had no one he truly loved.... Never had that great of a bond with Sasuke and even in the Manga were Kakashi asked them to introduce themselves (with the things they like/hate and their goals) Naruto not once said Sakura

so him not writing down Sakura since he never really loved her deeply/ never connected with her before also makes sense

Also the fact that they added believable minor scenes like these aren't that big of a deal Kishi does it all the time

Remember how Sasuke just randomly adds extra flashbacks of him and Itachi everytime he wonders about him

"Oh by the way Itachi was crying"
Oh by the way we use to hunt with arrows before
..... adding extra scenes like this isn't a retcon at all

I agree with you somewhat except for the confession thing, to me his interest in her in part 1 was just kids being kids. As for the confession I don't think Naruto was hurt by what she said or "moved on" as there was nothing to move on from. I think he was angry at her for lying to herself (like he said) by saying she would be ok with settling for Naruto and giving up on Sasuke.

Naruto literally said he was upset at Sakura for lying to herself and people still interpret it to mean that Naruto was mad at her for lying to him...I see that scene as more of a testament to Naruto's maturity and the depth of their friendship rather than "the time that lying bitch tried to trick Naruto"

I don't see their interactions or the parallels between Sakura & Kushina as trolling or red herrings. Kishi isn't that good of a writer.

makes sense your confession interpretation seems more believable then mine ;P

Fj0823

Come on now.

It's been said a million times, I'll say it again.

Kishimoto never planned for a love story, His plan was:

Some moments together+scene with them together at the funeral = marriage in the epilogue.

His vision was to just imply that both Naruto and Hinata bonded a bit more after comforting each other at Nejis burial. Their romance would never be shown to readers.

If he wanted Sakura to be the endgame, they would have still been shown as a married couple out of nowhere. No big I love you moment. Its a theme he didn't want to explore no matter the development.

The studio however, told him that the romance angle would be a great theme to explore in a movie, and he agreed, expanding on his original plan and actually writing the exact moment they fell in love, and even drawing them in a cute date

Its not "the movie was needed because of how weak it was" its a "He didn't plan to do the movie, but he did it for the fans, and for some serious cash"

And you know what? Im actually grateful to him, what I've seen of the movie works, and Japan apparently agrees.

Sharpeye

The way I see it is like this,

Love to Naruto = friendship/bonds
It would not be far fetched to say that he "loved" Sukura and Sasuke or about any other one of his friends for that matter. But it was never real love as he has never known what that is or felt it as evident of his childhood being hated and him seeing Hinata's confession as more of a bond like I said before. Even Sukura mentions to Hinata that he is a dense idiot who doesn't understand love.

However it is when he sees everything through Hinatas POV that he realized what true love is, and that there was someone who cared about him in that way. Of course he doesn't waste anytime going after her when he finds out how she really feels about him.

This progression could have been handled way better in the manga but the movie handles it the best way it can with what they got.

Adding extra material to the history of characters and relationships is fine as long as it does not contradict the timeline, personality at that moment in time.....which as far as I've seen they never have.

Now talking about parallels. This has to be one of the silliest reasons I have heard for predictions in the narutoverse. Chalking up common personality traits as foreshadowing is beyond my comprehension. What did Naruto tell you guys in the chunin exams when facing against neji? You create your own destiny and Naruto himself is a testament to that. The Naruto vs Sasuke situation was never going to end like the Hashirama vs Madara situation. The Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura relationship was never going to end like the splintered legendary sannin.....the whole reason we get an insight on Naruto's generation specifically Team 7 is because they, specifically Naruto, are the catalysts to the ninja revolution.....they are the generation that no longer follow the tragic path their predecessors took.

Naruto not knowing what true deep love really is makes sense for the character.... the guy was craving it but never knew what the feeling actually was
one of the movie headlines is "a first love".... and for Naruto this technically is his first love

As much as people bash Kishi for multiple things the guy knows his characters more then anyone ever will

IT IS HIS characters after all

-------------------------

Edit: Some great posts in this page... the one's above me are superb

Kishi is a troll and a bad writer, not a liar. If anything he just got super lazy over time and was too tired to come up with a proper length ending. The Ninja War was hilariously drawn out but then it wraps up at warp speed just so that he can finish on Chapter 700. Bad planning and organization, bad motivations and thought process, but the man is honest about it all. I mean you even have the interviewer saying stuff like "That's incredibly silly, this is gonna sound stupid when this interviewer airs." The guy is upfront about how his mind works, and although he has bad reasons for doing things, that doesn't mean the reasons aren't real.

I mean, what's the alternative explanation supposed to be here? That he's some secretly good writer who got bonked on the head and forgot what he was doing, or that he's decided to lie about his rationale/motivations in a way that makes him look incredibly stupid for no discernible purpose? If you're gonna lie you're gonna lie to make yourself look good.

Error

6.Kishi is troubled by Sakura's popularity among the readers. While he was drawing covers, it was easy drawing naruto and sasuke, but for sakura kishi have to spend more time re-drawing and adjusting, worrying that he might draw her ugly. sakura's family is not revealed because of popularity reasons, but hinata with low number of appearances were consistently popular with the readers, kishi once had the idea to change hinata to the heroine.Kishi referenced celebrities before making Sakura, 2ch said something like Christina Ricci.

lol :dead

other then TenTen (since we basically know nothing about her) is Sakura the only Ninja that had a basic family background?

no clan... no family tree of ninjas

nothing just a average girl.... I wonder why she choose to be a ninja?

She now is a top tier medical ninja but when she was a kid she didn't attend the academy with the goal of becoming one :/

Edit: Of course no one can answer this but Kishi... but I am curious

I hope we get even more interviews later on

Yado

other then TenTen (since we basically know nothing about her) is Sakura the only Ninja that had a basic family background?

no clan... no family tree of ninjas

nothing just a average girl.... I wonder why she choose to be a ninja?

She now is a top tier medical ninja but when she was a kid she didn't attend the academy with the goal of becoming one :/

Edit: Of course no one can answer this but Kishi... but I am curious

I hope we get even more interviews later on

Don't they all have to attend school? lol
Becoming a Ninja seems like it's just a way of life for them.

Don't they all have to attend school? lol
Becoming a Ninja seems like it's just a way of life for them.

well the academy was a Ninja Academy.... where they learnt regular things but also Ninja basics

there are common folk who live in the village.... likely they had a school for them as well

for all we know Sakura's Mom or Dad could've been former ninjas or something :/

we will never know

Yado

well the academy was a Ninja Academy.... where they learnt regular things but also Ninja basics

there are common folk who live in the village.... likely they had a school for them as well

for all we know Sakura's Mom or Dad could've been former ninjas or something :/

we will never know

Hm, I think a kid with an arrogant personality like Sakura (women have to be strong to survive etc) would be the type of kid who would want to be a Ninja. Or maybe her parents noticed she had an aptitude for learning and decided to send her there.

I never considered that there may be people in the village who never went to the Ninja academy but you may be right lol, they probably went to school and learned a trade or something to fulfill their role in the village.

Naruto-Sasuke was the OTP.

Hinata and Sakura should have a sequel series where they do awesome stuff to make up for the main series.
I hated sasuke and the whole "brotherly" bond he shared with naruto so narusasu was definitely my notp and I wouldve honestly preferred narusaku over narusasu...I would've preferred the series with neither of them though.

Hm, I think a kid with an arrogant personality like Sakura (women have to be strong to survive etc) would be the type of kid who would want to be a Ninja. Or maybe her parents noticed she had an aptitude for learning and decided to send her there.

I never considered that there may be people in the village who never went to the Ninja academy but you may be right lol, they probably went to school and learned a trade or something to fulfill their role in the village.

could be plausible

she had talent in knowing the info on the bascis compared to Sasuke and Naruto.... maybe she was interested herself and asked her parents

From what I heard,
Naruto uses Kage Bushin in the scene when he was a kid.
If that is true, it's a huge retcon.
It was probably just an error on the side of the script writters. Cause come on how many times has clone jutsu even been mentioned in the show since then like maybe once.

damisa

Naruto's feelings for Sakura were nothing but a childish crush, he grew to value her as a friend, but no real love was there. This is directly stated by the author himself.

If you still deny this now you are just living a delusion. Frankly, I don't know why you would even want the Sakura that we ended up getting to be with Naruto. The Sakura that Frogfu and TacticalFox like doesn't exist outside fanfiction

Kishimoto hasn't contradicted himself.

Thinking that the hand holding didn't amount to anything means you have tunnel vision and aren't paying attention to the main theme of the manga. It's frustrating because this isn't even about Hinata vs Sakura.

I would write another long ass post about it, but it's probably better suited on NF.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah but they spent like one mission together plus the chunnin exams, thats it.

Naruto was 12-something at the start of the manga, and 13-something at the start of the timeskip.

There is definitely a massive timeskip between the land of waves arc and the chunin exams (but we don't know how long), and there might be another significant skip between the invasion of konoha and the sasuke retrieval arc.

The passage of time is not depicted at all in the manga outside of the 2 year timeskip.

Naruto's feelings for Sakura were nothing but a childish crush, he grew to value her as a friend, but no real love was there. This is directly stated by the author himself.

If you still deny this now you are just living a delusion. Frankly, I don't know why you would even want the Sakura that we ended up getting to be with Naruto. The Sakura that Frogfu and TacticalFox like doesn't exist outside fanfiction

Have you been paying attention to anything I've said?

Holy fucking shit, some of you can't seriously read.

This isn't about NS

Let me say it again for anyone still being fucking dense, who have nothing to say other "Lulz you salty." Take your victory goggles off and read my next sentence carefully.

This. IS. NOT. ABOUT NS

As far as I'm concerned, Sakura can go fuck herself. Any respect I could've had for her died, when she went back to Sasuke like a pathetic dog. Any wanting of NS to happen at that point pretty much died, because Naruto doesn't deserve a female who clearly has no respect for herself, and still stuck in her 12 year prepubescent fantasy of fucking the cool and mysterious guy and popping out his babies.

Now, that that's out of the way, since you now know my criticism has nothing to do with NS.

Now take a step back and think about this logically. Let's see what all the retcons the Last made that absolutely shitted on the manga.

1)In the Last, Naruto is shown in childhood somehow (i.e asspull) knowing the Shadow Clone jutsu. Yet, manga, in the first goddamn chapter, he was shown failing the basic clone jutsu and he expressly said that it was the first time he had done it, from stealing the scroll. Basic continuity already is being fucked with.

2) In the Last, is the fallout from the Fourth Great Shinobi World War ever addressed? Ha! Lol, who gives a shit, let's make a movie about Naruto waiting TWO years to talk to Hinata. In the movie Naruto expresses shock, literally, SHOCK that Hinata is deeply in love with him....despite the fact that she literally outright told him three years prior during the invasion of Pein. Naruto may be an idiot, but seriously Kishi...come the fuck on here. You've stretched my disbelief with Naruto's intelligence more than a rubber band.

3)By this same token, if Naruto is surprised in the movie about Hinata's love...then literally every interaction in the manga is nothing but one sided from her. So, instead of developing their relationship with mutual growth, he decides he wants to try and be a Kubo and troll the fandom and misdirection, which is COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. Seriously, now knowing the outcome and direction he went, what reason was this?

Now, granted, this wouldn't be bad, if say, he had actually given equal attention to both his trolling and his intended pair to keep the audience guessing, but he, by his own admission AND the events of the Last, prove he did not two-for-two.

4)The Last retcons Naruto's relationship with Sasuke early on. Now, again, I feel that Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is complete dogshit and has had few, if any, justifications, but Kishi describes Hinata as the one being there for him "all" the time. You know...despite the fact that the last few chapters of the manga directly contradict that with Sasuke and Naruto sharing a mutual respect from childhood on...somehow >.>. And for someone who was there for him all the time, she waits till she turns 16 to tell him about her feelings? Really? She couldn't do that earlier? Don't give me that bullshit about her being shy. If she really loved Naruto as much as she and Kishi claims she did, her being shy would have fuck all to do with seeing the person she loves suffering from loneliness. If that's Hinata's idea of "being there" for someone, she did a fantastically shitty job.

5)Naruto after finding out Hinata is in love with him, starts to like her back almost instantly. That's not a problem in and of itself, but dude, SHE ALREADY TOLD YOU TWO YEARS AGO. Where the hell were these feelings when she outright told you she loved you before sacrificing herself? Why would you wait? You had ample time. And Sakura was still on Sasuke's dick. Were you moping around waiting for her to get over him when there was a perfectly fine female waiting for you, especially the one that slapped some sense into you? And yet you STILL didn't get the hint that she liked you? *headdesk*

6)Kishi said Neji died for NH to happen. Does this really even need an explanation?

7)Sasuke, Naruto's supposed "best friend", doesn't even attend his wedding. As above, does this really need an explanation?

8)On the plus side, Himawari is GOAT. Brother ain't got shit on her. #BestNarutokid

So, again, take a step back. Remove shipping goggles and see this ending for it is. It's shit. No amount of mental gymnastics because you "won" is going to change that.

Now, if I were being honest, a lot of things in this manga destroyed Naruto's character and credibility, and NH would be at the bottom of the list, as I'll probably end up shipping it sooner or later, though that's by proxy of their kids being legit as fuck, but whatever.

I have no problem with WHAT happened, my main issue is HOW it happened. The Last should've been in the manga. Point blank. Frankly, I don't see how or even why any of you wouldn't agree to that.

I'll take some development over timeskips and babies ever after any day of the week. The Last, as it is, was completely unnecessary.

Have you been paying attention to anything I've said?

Holy fucking shit, some of you can't seriously read.

This isn't about NS

Let me say it again for anyone still being fucking dense, who have nothing to say other "Lulz you salty." Take your victory goggles off and read my next sentence carefully.

This. IS. NOT. ABOUT NS

As far as I'm concerned, Sakura can go fuck herself. Any respect I could've had for her died, when she went back to Sasuke like a pathetic dog. Any wanting of NS to happen at that point pretty much died, because Naruto doesn't deserve a female who clearly has no respect for herself, and still stuck in her 12 year prepubescent fantasy of fucking the cool and mysterious guy and popping out his babies.

Now, that that's out of the way, since you now know my criticism has nothing to do with NS.

Now take a step back and think about this logically. Let's see what all the retcons the Last made that absolutely shitted on the manga.

1)In the Last, Naruto is shown in childhood somehow (i.e asspull) knowing the Shadow Clone jutsu. Yet, manga, in the first goddamn chapter, he was shown failing the basic clone jutsu and he expressly said that it was the first time he had done it, from stealing the scroll. Basic continuity already is being fucked with.

2) In the Last, is the fallout from the Fourth Great Shinobi World War ever addressed? Ha! Lol, who gives a shit, let's make a movie about Naruto waiting TWO years to talk to Hinata. In the movie Naruto expresses shock, literally, SHOCK that Hinata is deeply in love with him....despite the fact that she literally outright told him three years prior during the invasion of Pein. Naruto may be an idiot, but seriously Kishi...come the fuck on here. You've stretched my disbelief with Naruto's intelligence more than a rubber band.

3)By this same token, if Naruto is surprised in the movie about Hinata's love...then literally every interaction in the manga is nothing but one sided from her. So, instead of developing their relationship with mutual growth, he decides he wants to try and be a Kubo and troll the fandom and misdirection, which is COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. Seriously, now knowing the outcome and direction he went, what reason was this?

Now, granted, this wouldn't be bad, if say, he had actually given equal attention to both his trolling and his intended pair to keep the audience guessing, but he, by his own admission AND the events of the Last, prove he did not two-for-two.

4)The Last retcons Naruto's relationship with Sasuke early on. Now, again, I feel that Naruto and Sasuke's relationship is complete dogshit and has had few, if any, justifications, but Kishi describes Hinata as the one being there for him "all" the time. You know...despite the fact that the last few chapters of the manga directly contradict that with Sasuke and Naruto sharing a mutual respect from childhood on...somehow >.>. And for someone who was there for him all the time, she waits till she turns 16 to tell him about her feelings? Really? She couldn't do that earlier? Don't give me that bullshit about her being shy. If she really loved Naruto as much as she and Kishi claims she did, her being shy would have fuck all to do with seeing the person she loves suffering from loneliness. If that's Hinata's idea of "being there" for someone, she did a fantastically shitty job.

5)Naruto after finding out Hinata is in love with him, starts to like her back almost instantly. That's not a problem in and of itself, but dude, SHE ALREADY TOLD YOU TWO YEARS AGO. Where the hell were these feelings when she outright told you she loved you before sacrificing herself? Why would you wait? You had ample time. And Sakura was still on Sasuke's dick. Were you moping around waiting for her to get over him when there was a perfectly fine female waiting for you, especially the one that slapped some sense into you? And yet you STILL didn't get the hint that she liked you? *headdesk*

6)Kishi said Neji died for NH to happen. Does this really even need an explanation?

7)Sasuke, Naruto's supposed "best friend", doesn't even attend his wedding. As above, does this really need an explanation?

8)On the plus side, Himawari is GOAT. Brother ain't got shit on her. #BestNarutokid

So, again, take a step back. Remove shipping goggles and see this ending for it is. It's shit. No amount of mental gymnastics because you "won" is going to change that.

Now, if I were being honest, a lot of things in this manga destroyed Naruto's character and credibility, and NH would be at the bottom of the list, as I'll probably end up shipping it sooner or later, though that's by proxy of their kids being legit as fuck, but whatever.

I have no problem with WHAT happened, my main issue is HOW it happened. The Last should've been in the manga. Point blank. Frankly, I don't see how or even why any of you wouldn't agree to that.

I'll take some development over timeskips and babies ever after any day of the week. The Last, as it is, was completely unnecessary.
Again naruto doing shadow clone was probably a mistake, not an actual retcon. Whoever wrote the script probably wrote shadow clone instead of clone since I bet ALOT of people probably forget that clone jutsu was even a thing.
I agree with most everything and the only reason im enjoying this movie is because of all of the cheese.

Adding extra material to the history of characters and relationships is fine as long as it does not contradict the timeline, personality at that moment in time.....which as far as I've seen they never have.

Now talking about parallels. This has to be one of the silliest reasons I have heard for predictions in the narutoverse. Chalking up common personality traits as foreshadowing is beyond my comprehension. What did Naruto tell you guys in the chunin exams when facing against neji? You create your own destiny and Naruto himself is a testament to that. The Naruto vs Sasuke situation was never going to end like the Hashirama vs Madara situation. The Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura relationship was never going to end like the splintered legendary sannin.....the whole reason we get an insight on Naruto's generation specifically Team 7 is because they, specifically Naruto, are the catalysts to the ninja revolution.....they are the generation that no longer follow the tragic path their predecessors took.

Main character hooking up with main female lead just because everyone likes tsundere running gags is a tragic path, most definitely.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto was 12-something at the start of the manga, and 13-something at the start of the timeskip.

There is definitely a massive timeskip between the land of waves arc and the chunin exams (but we don't know how long), and there might be another significant skip between the invasion of konoha and the sasuke retrieval arc.

The passage of time is not depicted at all in the manga outside of the 2 year timeskip.
Actually, Naruto was 13 in Part I and 15 or 16 at the beginning of Part II. He's 17 by the end of Part II.

Stulaw

Actually, Naruto was 13 in Part I and 15 or 16 at the beginning of Part II. He's 17 by the end of Part II.

Nah, he was 12 at the beginning.

narutoxykwg.png

Top Bottom