• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
HOLY SHIT

Naruto Main Theme remix from Part I. Oh man.

Turok_TTZ

I see what transpired last page. read the interview then got Takl's take on it as well as reading various opinions om NF and otgher places...

Well, you honestly can't say Kishi sold out now.
Man is sticking to his story and does as he sees fit. many decisions could have changed things but those decisions he didnt take as he wanted to keep with the story he wanted to do.

EhoaVash

OH man the 1 hour 8 minute mark is sooo good o.o I think thats when the credits roll in the movie. the vocals makes it extra touching around 1:08:21

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I see what transpired last page. read the interview then got Takl's take on it as well as reading various opinions om NF and otgher places...

Well, you honestly can't say Kishi sold out now.
Man is sticking to his story and does as he sees fit. many decisions could have changed things but those decisions he didnt take as he wanted to keep with the story he wanted to do.

He's a sell out alright

I mean look at this:
CuM4sgo.jpg

hey that symbol on the shirt is awfully similar to:
gfiAAz3.jpg

but it's awalys a swirl in the manga:
t9uZpaz.jpg

Odqpt7c.gif

Turok_TTZ

the real question for me was when exactly did he give up on trying to make Sakura more popular?

Because it gives me much food for thought about Sakura's abysmal confession. Did he give up already when this happened or was he still trying? Because a lot of Peeps I imagine would hold scorn against Sakura over this moment. especially with the bad implications that Naruto may have been fooled by it. (It was already established that Sakura only did the confession to get Naruto quit his Sasuke quest)

I reckon Sakura's popularity went south when her confession chapter came out.

Yado

the real question for me was when exactly did he give up on trying to make Sakura more popular?

Because it gives me much food for thought about Sakura's abysmal confession. Did he give up already when this happened or was he still trying? Because a lot of Peeps I imagine would hold scorn against Sakura over this moment. especially with the bad implications that Naruto may have been fooled by it. (It was already established that Sakura only did the confession to get Naruto quit his Sasuke quest)

I reckon Sakura's popularity went south when her confession chapter came out.

When did he say that?

I don't see why people would hate Sakura after the confession scene. She had good intentions for Naruto's safety however her method was wrong. That was probabaly when she was the most vulnerable: trying so hard to lie to herself about not caring about Sasuke and foolishly think that Naruto is going after Sasuke just for her.

I reckon her popularity is increasing due to her prominent role in the war arc and final fights.

Also I don't see where Kishi says he gave up trying to make her popular? For someone who gets as much screen time as Sakura its incredibly difficult to not make her popular lol

EhoaVash

I really don't understand how you could NOT see naruhina happening lol

the manga itself even after many cock teases of sakura naruto relationship, still had naruto x hinata quite a bit and every time it happened, it always overshadowed anything sakura related. only time i thought naruto x sakura was going to happen was before Hinata was first introduced during the chunin exams. after that I instantly knew what the ships would be like lol.

I MEAN fuck part 1 ended with hinata looking at naruto leaving the village. the final nail on the coffin for naruto sakura fans should of been the scene where Naruto tells sakura that he hates liars. LIKE wtf how could you not see the fake smile sakura had during the hokage summit when she " confessed "lol ...not even dumbass naruto would believe that shit. after that, your ship should of SAILed.

Turok_TTZ

When did he say that?
He never said it but sakura's popularity never improved despite his best efforts. surely at some point he gave up? I'm just speculating around her confession point of the story did he truly give up. Sakura's actions afterwards only regressed her character and popularity from that point. I mean, apart from awakening byakugo, punching kaguya and giving chakra to obito she really didnt have any moments to shine despite being part of the main 3.

like he stopped caring.

He never said it but sakura's popularity never improved despite his best efforts. surely at some point he gave up? I'm just speculating around her confession point of the story did he truly give up. Sakura's actions afterwards only regressed her character and popularity from that point. I mean, apart from awakening byakugo, punching kaguya and giving chakra to obito she really didnt have any moments to shine despite being part of the main 3.

like he stopped caring.

A lot of characters' popularity never improved. The top 3 have always been the same and the most popular female characters have always been the same as well. Thats a silly conclusion to reach to.

I mean apart from surpassing her sannin mentor, saving Naruto from death, saving Sasuke from death in another dimension and helping defeat a goddess yeah I guess she didn't do much :p

Sakura had more importance than Kakashi lol. The reason you don;t see either of them doing as much as Naruto and Sasuke in the later parts should be apparent. Naruto and Sasuke in terms of pwer levels at that point are in another league. No one apart form Madara and Kaguya are on their level. Its a massive stretch expecting Sakura or Kakashi to be able to compete with such powered villains and keep up with Naruto and Sasuke who just received power from the So6P.

Welfare

A lot of characters' popularity never improved. The top 3 have always been the same and the most popular female characters have always been the same as well. Thats a silly conclusion to reach to.

I mean apart from surpassing her sannin mentor, saving Naruto from death, saving Sasuke from death in another dimension and helping defeat a goddess yeah I guess she didn't do much :p

Sakura had more importance than Kakashi lol. The reason you don;t see either of them doing as much as Naruto and Sasuke in the later parts should be apparent. Naruto and Sasuke in terms of pwer levels at that point are in another league. No one apart form Madara and Kaguya are on their level. Its a massive stretch expecting Sakura or Kakashi to be able to compete with such powered villains and keep up with Naruto and Sasuke who just received power from the So6P.

Kakashi when he got both of Obito's Sharingans and his Rikudo chakra was up there in terms of power level.

Yado

like he stopped caring.

Eh, I don't think he ever really cared about doing anything with his characters besides Naruto and Sasuke. I guess it's too bad she wasn't a convenient descendant of a God?

Turok_TTZ

erm... is that actually sasuke? :lol: can't even get hinata's details right this idiotic sect of NaruSaku.

now to post because I'm bored:
Turok presents another bit said:
NaruSaku fans: Naruto x Sakura will be canon, you guys will.

*reads chapter 699-700*
*a moment of screams then a sudden silence*

Hinata suddenly appears.

Hinata:"You were expecting Sakura to become Naruto's wife but it was me, Hinata!"

*NaruSaku fans explode*

*Just as Hinata was about to celebrate, Sasuke shows up.*

Sasuke: "Hinata-san... I see you hooked up with that idiot. Such a shame you couldn't steal his first kiss. you're many years too late! You expected to get his first kiss but it was me, Uchiha Sasuke!"

*As sasuke laughs maniacally, Hinata is stunned and shocked about the revelation. She demands for Kishi to reveal himself and explain himself for robbing her of Naruto's first kiss.*

*Kishi appears*
Kishi: "You demand I explain why I write my story? well that's too bad, you're not getting an explanation. you expected an explanation but..."

*kishi tears off his face to reveal..?!"

"It was me, Dio!!!"

*Dio brando reveals himself and closes the scene*

*end*
I'm bored.

also I personally find it shocking how kishi decides to go about attempting to improve Sakura's popularity. He attempts it by trying to make her look more cuter or prettier. not once trying to change her character for the better or giving her a sympathetic background story that explains why she has traits that makes her so unlikable in the first place.

I know Kishi is no togashi or sorachi but damn man.

360pages

erm... is that actually sasuke? :lol: can't even get hinata's details right this idiotic sect of NaruSaku.

now to post because I'm bored:

I'm bored.

also I personally find it shocking how kishi decides to go about attempting to improve Sakura's popularity. He attempts it by trying to make her look more cuter or prettier. not once trying to change her character for the better or giving her a sympathetic background story that explains why she has traits that makes her so unlikable in the first place.

I know Kishi is no togashi or sorachi but damn man.

Because she doesn't, her parents are still alive, she was picked but Ino defended her.

During the exams it was Ino who realized her friendship with Sakura was more important than chasing after a boy that barely looked at her. [A realization that Sakura should have had]

And when they did decide to give her a movie to flesh her out, they made her complain about her parents to Naruto of all people.

Turok_TTZ

Because she doesn't, her parents are still alive, she was picked but Ino defended her.

During the exams it was Ino who realized her friendship with Sakura was more important than chasing after a boy that barely looked at her. [A realization that Sakura should have had]

And when they did decide to give her a movie to flesh her out, they made her complain about her parents to Naruto of all people.
For all dat development the crazy sect of NS shippers claim, Sakura despite being together with naruto dont really know him well because otherwise, she would have well remembered that she really shouldnt complain when naruto had no parents.

eh, RtN isnt canon so that can only be a good thing for sakura.

the wait continues...

How to make sakura interesting: have her hate everything thats being forced on her. She didnt sign up to fight an evil snake man, she lead a normal life until the story started but shes so ok with all this crazy shit around her. She was literally a civilian girl unlike any other character. So shouldnt she have that moment where she just breaks down and cant handle all of the shit thats happening to her just because she was teamed up with the descendants of ninja jesus.

Pein

Banned
Missed so much

Ok, The part 1 remix music is boss as fuck. God damn I want a whole album not just a 1 minute sample.

Storm 4 is gonna look insane and fuck yeah, next gen only.

Japanese fans don't know dick, pushed my boys Sai and Kimimaro to the wayside because they too ill. Sakura not being popular enough either, wish kishi did more with her then Tsunade 2.0.

Like goddamn, Sasuke and Naruto at least had different spins to the sannin powers, Sakura could maybe punch harder than Tsunade.

But seriously Storm 4 is gonna be my GOTY, I just know it. I really wish Nintendo still had tomy doing games though.

How to make sakura interesting: have her hate everything thats being forced on her. She didnt sign up to fight an evil snake man, she lead a normal life until the story started but shes so ok with all this crazy shit around her. She was literally a civilian girl unlike any other character. So shouldnt she have that moment where she just breaks down and cant handle all of the shit thats happening to her just because she was teamed up with the descendants of ninja jesus.

How to make sakura interesting, expand on her being a genjutsu type, should have had Sasuke cast tsukiyomi on her ass and then she breaks it saying shit like Tsukiyomi is below her level. Then have her cast some itachi type trauma on sasuke. Make her definitively better than Tsunade.

Thats more then Tenten and choji had going for them, I liked that he was in the foundation too.

Root didn't amount to anything. Sai retreaded too much on prior concepts to be an effective character. Decides to believe in Naruto because he reminds him of the center of his tragic past. Just like how Tsunade converted but way less convincingly. I chuckled when Yamato was like "I heard you went through those kirigakure ninja exams to kill your emotions." Felt like filler with the lack of originality.

I hated Chouji in Part 2 because he was basically fat Shinji Ikari. but his fight against Jiroubou was better than anything that has involved Sai.

Pein

Banned
Root didn't amount to anything. Sai retreaded too much on prior concepts to be an effective character. I chuckled when Yamato was like "I heard you went through those kirigakure ninja exams to kill your emotions." Felt like filler.

I hated Chouji in Part 2 because he was basically fat Shinji Ikari. but his fight against Jiroubou was better than anything that has involved Sai.
every Sasuke retrieval arc fight was a high point in the manga.

I liked his no emotion gags with the other characters and him fighting sasori was cool too.

Root was cooler in the Anime. Jacking shisui's eye was cool, picking on orphanage cause you need some sacrificial lambs was some straight up shinobi shit, fucking up everything in thing in Hidden rain and getting Hanzo ultimately killed was alright too. Not to mention Danzo went around picking up the best shinobi in the leaf.

I'll give Sai this much credit. He was only created to recreate the two guy, one girl dynamic because Kishimoto doesn't know how to write much else.

But he wasn't as overbearing as Sasuke was. Looking at the series as a whole now that it's over, I'm not sure if giving Sasuke such a huge focus (to the point where you can argue that the manga revolves around him and not the title character) was the best decision.

Pein

Banned
I'll give Sai this much credit. He was only created to recreate the two guy, one girl dynamic because Kishimoto doesn't know how to write much else.

But he wasn't as overbearing as Sasuke was. Looking at the series as a whole now that it's over, I'm not sure if giving Sasuke such a huge focus (to the point where you can argue that the manga revolves around him and not the title character) was the best decision.

I kinda wish Sai wasn't an asshole and Naruto was being a big jerk to sai just because he wasn't sasuke. Sai being a hard edged shinobi for the village and mellowing out because of Naruto would have been better.

When sasuke in't the driving force behind something the Manga in part 2 is better. Naruto and the whole pain arc was better because it was driven by Jiraiya and not raging about sasuke and getting him back.

Naruto should have been doing more missions like rescue gaara and proving he's a real kage candidate.

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

God fucking DAMN

GOD DAMN

What are you guys getting it on? I'm getting it on PS4 :)

I liked it. Shounen usually have a rival character but as the story progresses that rival character is put to the side and is made evidently weaker. Naruto is different. Its a shounen where the protagonist is always on equal footing with the anti hero. The Uchiha clan are so central to the story (they are pretty much THE story) so its not surprising Sasuke is given such a massive role.

PaulBizkit

I want the old narutimatte gameplay back. Or a god of war style, or a stealth game like MGS.

Can you guys imagine what it would be like to have a MGS style naruto game? Using ninja tools to put enemies to sleep, using shadow clones, etc. A true ninja game.

What if Platinum Games made a Naruto action game?

:eek:

Platinum games have bad art style so no thanks but the gameplay......oh boy.

I still think CC2 do a great job if only the battle system was a bit more complex. They definitely can do it but they want the game to be accessible and have hence dumbed it down.

Top Bottom