• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I want the old narutimatte gameplay back. Or a god of war style, or a stealth game like MGS.

Can you guys imagine what it would be like to have a MGS style naruto game? Using ninja tools to put enemies to sleep, using shadow clones, etc. A true ninja game.

The 'ninja' aspect of Naruto is so bad though, you'd think that with them being ninjas they would be very stealthy, catious but nope they are anything but that.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The 'ninja' aspect of Naruto is so bad though, you'd think that with them being ninjas they would be very stealthy, catious but nope they are anything but that.
that reminds me of :
803878_503724183002536_1051558714_n.jpg

PaulBizkit

Naruto is the only one that's not stealthy at all. Shino, Shikamaru, Sasuke, Hinata; all of them act and look like ninjas (specially with the uniform they used during the war arc)

I mean, i get your point. But i think there is room for a true stealth approach to this manga.

Hastati

Took me awhile to find this thread! Been scanning the last half, assuming it's cool to talk about the movie? Where should we draw lines on spoilers?

Just got back from seeing it tonight, and I thought it was a blast. Definitely what I wanted from the end of Naruto, personally, but many will disagree I'm sure.

Fj0823

Took me awhile to find this thread! Been scanning the last half, assuming it's cool to talk about the movie? Where should we draw lines on spoilers?

Just got back from seeing it tonight, and I thought it was a blast. Definitely what I wanted from the end of Naruto, personally, but many will disagree I'm sure.

I demand a giant wall of text full of your impressions, spoilers and your feels during dem romance moments

PaulBizkit

Tell us everything. The fights might have been good, but everybody wants to know whats up with the romantic moments

I heard Sasuke is there for like 5 Minutes

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

More like less than a minute.....if that. Literally all he does is
obliterate a meteor with chidori and then leaves.

Disgusting that they advertised him so much like he was a main character in the movie when Sai has more time. Fuck that shit.

More like less than a minute.....if that. Literally all he does is
obliterate a meteor with chidori and then leaves.

Disgusting that they advertised him so much like he was a main character in the movie when Sai has more time. Fuck that shit.
I for one am glad that he didnt infect the movie with his darkness.

Fuck I hate sauce.

360pages

It is messed up what they did to Sasuke.

Even if I don't like him much, he should have been given at least 10min if he was going to bo on the cover of it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Eleven seconds of Storm 4 gameplay is floating around. It's nothing too ground breaking - basically a prettier Storm 3. Still excited for it, though.

Hastati

Tell us everything. The fights might have been good, but everybody wants to know whats up with the romantic moments

I demand a giant wall of text full of your impressions, spoilers and your feels during dem romance moments

Oh okay!! Yeah, I need to vent (in a good way), so here are some very spoilerish and probably incoherent bullet points about the film, spoiler-tagged:

And by spoiler-tagged, I mean if you really are a Naru-Hina fan, you may just want to wait to enjoy it for yourself!:

So first of all, let me say that the absolute best part about this film is the development between Naruto and Hinata. I liked the fights, and honestly didn't understand all of the plot details behind the baddy and his motivations and whatnot, but who cares because Naruto and Hinata love story realized in a two hour film. This film did EVERYTHING I wanted it to do that the manga failed to provide at the end, which is describe exactly why Naruto fell in love with Hinata and provide a nice bridge between the last two pages. It did NOT resolve everything by any means, and the big thunderous elephant in the room is still Sasuke, who I assume will have his own story resolved at some future date. He is in this film for literally about 30 seconds.

So nothing much in this film for anyone who might be fans of Sasuke and Sakura --while she is important in this film, their relationship takes a backseat. Which is important, because it gives the film time to focus almost entirely on Naruto and Hinata, much more so than I was expecting. It is literally their destruction-filled love story. Now some bullet points to speed things up, let me know anything else you specifically want to know:

* The first 30 minutes or so are a slow-paced look into life two years later in Konoha, and maybe my favorite part outside of the end. Some surprisingly beautiful shots, and we see a more mature version of the main cast and their relationship with the next generation.

*The first half of the film is focused more or less on Hinata's inability to express herself and Naruto's undying denseness, all the while the world is about to be destroyed again, so you can assume that nothing much happened in the two years since Naruto lost his arm.

*Sakura helps guide Hinata and Naruto through their relationship, mostly because Naruto is sucha dumbass, and the film even touches on some unresolved issues with Naruto's previous interest in Sakura.

*A number of brief, non-intrusive genjutsu "flashbacks" that help forward their relationship. Won't spoil the details of the scenes completely, but I really like the kind of abstract way that Naruto happened upon the depth of Hinata's feelings for him, since he was apparently too stupid to ever be able to figure it out normally

*Hinata is pretty amazing in this film as a shinobi, so while she is not as powerful as usual and needs to be saved a few times, she's much better at doing her damn job. The worst part of this film was Naruto being a dense mopey idiot, but frankly it wasn't that bad.

*Actually, Hinata is really the best part of this film period. I feel like she got some much needed late-game character development, and the film does a great job of reminding us of her kindness and strength without wasting much time at all retreading old material.

*On that note, another thing I liked about this film was that it didn't waste much time explaining things. There's a one minute recap of the end of the manga in the beginning of the movie, very tasteful and stylish, and then that's it. Not a whole lot of mid-battle explanations, and even some stuff that could use better explaining. A lot of backstory on the Hyuuga, who needed a bit more attention towards the end of the manga.

*The art direction was pretty good, arguably the villain and his weird castle thing were the worst part, but overall better than the show at its best and some really truly beautiful stills. Sometimes the characters go off model, but who cares.

*It was also really cool seeing the end-game powers animated. Things much larger than mountains get obliterated instantly in this film. There are a few EPIC scenes in this film from an action standpoint, so look forward to those!

*The ending is the BEST. Almost cheesy romantic, but it does what I wanted.

*Ending credits are their marriage ceremony.

EDIT: A few more:

*Again Hinata is the best. Really. I wasn't much of a fan of her at all throughout the show, at least until the Pain arc, but she's too damn cute here.
Throughout the majority of the film, she keeps trying to hand-knit him a scarf, is at first unable to give it to him for various reasons, and then it gets obliterated. She makes it AGAIN, it gets obliterated again, and yet it becomes one of the primary means of conveying her love in this film and a very important item.

*These people really aren't very good at confessing at all, but I suppose that makes it more fun. It literally necessitates a mind-melding genjutsu trap for their feelings to be properly conveyed, but that scene ends up being great. It shows Naruto not only Hinata's feelings for him now, but going back in time to that very first moment in class, where they were asked what or who they would want to be with if the world was about to end. Naruto is shown, in essence, Hinata's memories, and this has a great effect on him.

*A lot of wonderful brief cuts to flashes of uncontrolled emotions that add some nice layers to their interactions. The film did a great job of conveying their awkward, uncertain but still very deep bond.

Edit2:

One of my favorite scenes in this movie is where Hinata rips a certain somebody's eyes out. Such a mighty contrast to the old Hinata :O

Ask for specific details, or if you want even more spoilers.

Sai

isn't the plan a failure since the kids don't have the white eyes?
Only because Kishimoto "forgot". :p

He, or whoever takes the helm could easily have them "awaken" the dōjutsu later on like the Uchiha do with their Sharingan; explain it away as a consequence of the diluted Hyūga blood.

Hastati

What is this about?
BGCHEqE.jpg

In terms of the meaning or context of the scene? It's just advertising the main theme of the movie as being about their burgeoning love, I don't remember that scene in particular from the movie (I think it's from the shinobi relics, but it's not of grave importance).

Edit: what's interesting from this shot is he looks like he did in the show at that angle, but he does come across as older in the movie. His proportions are different, and there is as much visual distinction between him now and in Shippuden as there was from before the first time jump.

Hastati

Do we get to see what's under Naruto's bandages?

I don't think they explain it explicitly, but he does some real weird shit with his arm. Like, it does ... things that normal arms in this world can't do. It doesn't come across as mechanical at all, or even someone else's arm fused to his. ssssssssspoilers:
edit: I was wrong, but Naruto's arm still does some weird shit! I thought he was going Aztec on Hinata for a second

I think he does give an explanation in a scene towards the end, I'll go see the movie again next week and see if my friend can explain it better. Honestly all of the lovey dovey talk and normal day speak is a lot more comprehensible to me than the fantasy stuff, where I'm often lost.

Sai

Oh but to be clear it isn't technically unwrapped in the film, but I think that's because of the nature of the "arm" itself if it really is an arm. Maybe the bandages help give it structure, or work to subdue the chakra to some extent.[/SPOILER]
It's a prosthetic arm made of Senju Hashirama gunk. Reason he keeps it bandaged is probably because the flesh looks disturbingly pale compared to the rest of his complexion, if the appearance of the Shiro Zetsu, and the portions of Hashirama's genetic material that Madara and Danzō grafted upon their bodies, are any indication.

a third kid that has Kushina's hair and is overly serious about training compared to his/her siblings

I also want all the children to have the byakugan.... if Kishi forgot now he can still turn it around later (byakugan with pupils due to being a mixed child.... or awakening it)

Hastati

It's a prosthetic arm made of Senju Hashirama gunk. Reason he keeps it bandaged is probably because the flesh looks disturbingly pale compared to the rest of his complexion, if the appearance of the Shiro Zetsu, and the portions of Hashirama's genetic material that Madara and Danzō grafted upon their bodies, are any indication.

Is that why it can kind of...fuze with people's bodies? I was kinda weirded out when he just sort of reached into Hinata's heart. Thanks for the explanation!

Face it people

The plan was a failure

He failed form the beginning. Hyuuga should not be included if you want the to create the most OP gene line. Hyuuga gets demolished by Uchiha.

It should be Uchiha + Uzamaki. I guess that could happen now that Sasuke has a daughter and Naruto has a son.

Top Bottom