• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

360pages

That's fine. It's not like there's another animated version of Naruto worth watching.

Actually, legit, I wouldn't mind CC2 redoing the series somewhat. They can keep models far more...well on model then the Anime ever did. Plus they can shorten and cut a lot of unneeded fat.

Legit, the Storm games are better at telling the story than the Anime will ever be.

So there is footage of...
Hinata and Toneri getting married

Naruto and friends invading the moon

and
The beginning of the film
all on the web which is a total of 12mins of cam footage

For anyone who is curious..... I am just going to ignore it though.... I got spoiled enough as it is

So there is footage of...
Hinata and Toneri getting married

Naruto and friends invading the moon

and
The beginning of the film
all on the web which is a total of 12mins of cam footage

For anyone who is curious..... I am just going to ignore it though.... I got spoiled enough as it is
Link!?

360pages

I think a big problem with Sakura is the fact that the Anime portrays her really poorly. Most of the time in filler and what not is just her getting angry and punching something. Which she rarely ever does in the Manga.

I'm still so happy that Naruto became Hokage.

Me too,with all the shit the manga got for its ending it really turned out great all along IMO. The manga had its ups and downs but it ended on a high note for me,it also opens up plenty of possibilities for the future of the Naruto brand.

Qk7XhwY.jpg

6DCEFut.png

VrSZ3c2.png

1eGNj2k.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think a big problem with Sakura is the fact that the Anime portrays her really poorly. Most of the time in filler and what not is just her getting angry and punching something. Which she rarely ever does in the Manga.

So she suffers from the chichi effect.

So cute.....though a pink haired boy would look weird :p

The angry side of Sakura is part of her character though. The anime does use it excessively though (especially in comparison to the manga) because its seen as a running gag throughout the anime : Naruto/Sai doing something perverted or stupid and then getting hit by an angry Sakura.

Me too,with all the shit the manga got for its ending it really turned out great all along IMO. The manga had its ups and downs but it ended on a high note for me,it also opens up plenty of possibilities for the future of the Naruto brand.

1eGNj2k.jpg

Naruto face saying ''yeah I still hit that, have any problem with it?''

Neji got away with it

Neji was the most shafted member of the Naruto broforce.

I guess it's because the connection was never as strong, but it's always somewhat disappointing that Neji never really got his chance to assert how much of a bro he was to Naruto, with his only chance being his death.

We've seen Gaara multiple-times being a far better friend than Sasuke will ever be to Naruto. And though he's not in the 'saved by Naruto' club, Bee was a bro through and through.

Sasuke was a terrible friend, but alas, he'll hold the no.1 spot in the Naruto friends list because of plot.

I disagree. Sasuke and Naruto have the best bromance. Many people underestimate the friendship that comes from rivalry and lets face it; Sasuke and Naruto will always be rivals because there's no one else on their level. I could go into more detail since their bond is the strongest in the manga.

I can certainly relate to that friendship since one of my best friends in many ways was like a rival during high school.

Hmm, I think my post came out wrongly. I didn't mean it in that particular fashion.

I agree that Naruto/Sasuke have the best bromance. It's a complicated relationship, but it's both ways.

I meant it from the perspective of 'how it's shown" after they've settled each other's issues.

Gaara got a lot of opportunities to illustrate how his resolution with Naruto changed him, and in fact many Gaara scenes were dedicated to showing how much Gaara values Naruto as a friend. (his speech to Sasuke, his Alliance speech, etc ) Bee was introduced late, and didn't need any complicated baggage, but he got his chances to show both A and Naruto that he's a great bro.

Neji didn't. :/

Sasuke obviously doesn't get that privilege, because as the defacto bro/last boss of the series, he doesn't get to show his zeal much in terms of putting his fist out for the brofist, because his issues got resolved last.

Hmm, I think my post came out wrongly. I didn't mean it in that particular fashion.

I agree that Naruto/Sasuke have the best bromance. It's a complicated relationship, but it's both ways.

I meant it from the perspective of 'how it's shown" after they've settled each other's issues.

Gaara got a lot of opportunities to illustrate how his resolution with Naruto changed him, and in fact many Gaara scenes were dedicated to showing how much Gaara values Naruto as a friend. (his speech to Sasuke, his Alliance speech, etc ) Bee was introduced late, and didn't need any complicated baggage, but he got his chances to show both A and Naruto that he's a great bro.

Neji didn't. :/

Sasuke obviously doesn't get that privilege, because as the defacto bro/last boss of the series, he doesn't get to show his zeal much in terms of putting his fist out for the brofist, because his issues got resolved last.

I think, like you mention, thats its partly because Sasuke is the final "boss" so his feelings toward Team 7 and more specifically Naruto are kept in the dark till the very end.

brinstar

I'm honestly shocked Kishimoto didn't have Kabuto return to the orphanage after that whole focus on it in the flashback. I'm similarly surprised that Orochimaru's fate was left up in the air. (shouldn't he have died with the other Zetsus since he's occupying ones body?)

EhoaVash

I'm honestly shocked Kishimoto didn't have Kabuto return to the orphanage after that whole focus on it in the flashback. I'm similarly surprised that Orochimaru's fate was left up in the air. (shouldn't he have died with the other Zetsus since he's occupying ones body?)

same. I feel like Orochimaru is arguably the best villain of the series and he needed a final closing chapter to his story. A lot of people were expecting him to be the final bad guy but he wasn't =/ I doubt sasuke ever went back to orochimaru on his journey..maybe in part 3 spinoff we will see ..i hope so

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Orochimaru is still alive but he's way to weak to be the final villain.

I'm still annoyed at the way the power levels jumped at the end, everything should have stayed at the level Pain vs Naruto was at power level wise. There was no need for everyone to get stronger than that from a story telling perspective, they were strong enough to have flashy fights but weak enough where strategy mattered and smarter (and extremely specialized) characters could pull out wins. By the end pretty much everyone was written out of the story as a result of the power creep.

I'm still annoyed at the way the power levels jumped at the end, everything should have stayed at the level Pain vs Naruto was at power level wise. There was no need for everyone to get stronger than that from a story telling perspective, they were strong enough to have flashy fights but weak enough where strategy mattered and smarter (and extremely specialized) characters could pull out wins. By the end pretty much everyone was written out of the story as a result of the power creep.

I never understood why people thought Pain would be the final villain. He was clearly under the orders of Tobi and the rinnegan was never his resulting in the question of whose it exactly was?

The power increase was necessary. Naruto and Sasuke are the new Madara and Hashirama and their final power ups where only necessary since Madara was so powerful. Tactics are still important, but only when facing a formidable opponent, which in Naruto and Sasuke's case will be very rare :p

tumblr_nhjf28PhV91som2mio1_1280.jpg

I never understood why people thought Pain would be the final villain. He was clearly under the orders of Tobi and the rinnegan was never his resulting in the question of whose it exactly was?

The power increase was necessary. Naruto and Sasuke are the new Madara and Hashirama and their final power ups where only necessary since Madara was so powerful. Tactics are still important, but only when facing a formidable opponent, which in Naruto and Sasuke's case will be very rare :p

It was necessary, but I still felt that the series crossed an unnecessary line once Madara with Rinnegan popped up.

Kishi had like 4 more power-levels escalations from that point onwards, and already Edo-Tensei Madara was making the 5 Kages look like children.

I won't pretend to say that I have a better idea of how to pace the war, but I felt like 5 Kages getting wiped out by Madara + 4 Hokages revived could had been one stage later of a power-creep.

Furyous

All I want is an explanation on the marks on Bolt and Himawari.
Clearly, those are marks from Kurama. Does this mean Kurama split some of his chakra and gave it to the kids? If Kurama was hateful then his kids have to be happy, right? Bolt gets bored chibi Kurama. Himawari gets happy chibi Kurama.

Clearly, those are marks from Kurama. Does this mean Kurama split some of his chakra and gave it to the kids? If Kurama was hateful then his kids have to be happy, right? Bolt gets bored chibi Kurama. Himawari gets happy chibi Kurama.

Kishimoto forgot to give both of them Byakugan.

He just drew what popped into his head without bothering to give it rational thought.

As with most of his story.

It was necessary, but I still felt that the series crossed an unnecessary line once Madara with Rinnegan popped up.

Kishi had like 4 more power-levels escalations from that point onwards, and already Edo-Tensei Madara was making the 5 Kages look like children.

I won't pretend to say that I have a better idea of how to pace the war, but I felt like 5 Kages getting wiped out by Madara + 4 Hokages revived could had been one stage later of a power-creep.

I think the catalyst, as you say is Madara. If that character was weaker than consequently we would not have had as many power ups.

Yado

He just drew what popped into his head without bothering to give it rational thought.

iSbanusCB1Zgq.gif

I think it's just from Naruto's sperm being exposed to Kurama's chakra. Like Kinkaku and Ginkaku.

There was no goddamn reason for Madara and Hashi to be as strong as they were, Pain should've been the ceiling for normal human folk, then of course Kishi had to start with that reincarnation shit.

There was no goddamn reason for Madara and Hashi to be as strong as they were, Pain should've been the ceiling for normal human folk, then of course Kishi had to start with that reincarnation shit.

Nah

1st and Madara should have been the strongest...thats all fine. What was crazy was just how strong they were.

I'm kind of okay with it though since now Naruto and Sasuke are even more stronger we get an even crazier fight :p

I think it's okay.

Where he REALLY fucked up is when Madara handswiped the 5 Kages.

That's when you knew he was on some drugs.

I think he was just joking. Like how he always talks about how Kakashi's face being revealed.

Bolt has to be a clone of Naruto so the audience isn't alienated when he takes the role of main character. Same reason why Naruto appears so much in the Rock Lee spinoff.

Pein

Banned
I like that Hashirama and Madara were the clear strongest, end game power up should have been perfect susanoo sasuke and Bijuu sage Naruto.

If it leveled off at EMS sasuke with a regular susanoo and KC sage mode that would have been fine too. At those levels someone like Gaara and Tobirama have a chance and it leaves power levels not dependent on being able to spam chakra.

Turok_TTZ

actually I think he "forgot" on purpose going by the interviews on how he regretted having the byakugan be clear whites. something about difficulty in expressing emotions and drawing such turned out to be a bloody mess..? I don't remember it well.

so I imagine Bolt being the new main character in his upcoming miniseries who would get a lot of panels would not have byakugan so its easier work for kishi to draw and less hassle.

meanwhile, Takl is speculating the mini series could be 8 chapters long :lol:. he has decent reasoning, apparently the mini series starts in april. thats not a lot of chapters.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

He said it in such a joking manner and such that I dont think he forgot, especially since he was basing their designs after their parents afterall, ofcourse he thought of the byakugan, he just "forgot" probably because it would lead to it being more surprising when bolt and/or himawari "awakens" it in part 3

Man this thread has been quiet for awhile,well I haven't been here since last year literally lol. Anyway NarutoGAF I know I'm late but Happy New Years and lets hope we get some more Naruto info or fucking something soon.
hUEWNv2.jpg

Nagato was at a comparable level to them though.

And Edo Madara was way stronger than regular Hashirama/Madara.

Foolworm

The concept of bloodline limits was so underused in the end. What it basically amounted to were a bunch of different elemental fusions and funky eye patterns. Oh, and the bone manipulation thingy.

Honestly, a lot of what I thought were bloodline limits turned out not to be, and vice versa. Elemental fusions should never have been classified as bloodline limits to begin with, but Haku set a precedent.

Naruto had them when he was born, even before the Kyuubi was sealed into him.

Funny enough though, Gaara's father had the raccoon eyes when using his bloodline limit as Gaara, even though they were originally stated to be caused by chronic insomnia.

PaulBizkit

Dear Lord, i watched the romantic scenes of TheLast last night... i just want to hug everyone ! Haha never thought i'd see something like that in Naruto (the franchise).

Top Bottom