• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Sorry, but the Rasangan will always look better blue than Yellow to me. Maybe it's because the games and anime made me biased.

It also made a bit more sense since its a wind based attack.

New Naruto Artbook coming 2/4

6cDdLN6.jpg

Oh yes....I hope we get more Naruto AU artworks. My favourite ones:

NarutoGAF do you not see the HUGE potential for a new series post Naruto manga. I mean something fresh and not the same old ''I'll chase my friend til the end'' bullshit,I hope Kishi capitalizes on this.

Sarada looking mean right here!
6dYB9Fa.jpg

Turok_TTZ

meanwhile, today I learned you can purchase naruto manga, anime, and movies on
the google play store.

wat.

The lack of japanese audio makes it much less enticing though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What can possibly be more dangerous than Kaguya? The aliens? (I'm actually disappointed we didn't saw any)
Nothing, which means in Part III the scope of the series would go back to what it was before the Akatsuki showed up and be more like Part I. Which is what most people want. Akatsuki were all kage level or higher and were implied to be so since they showed up in Part I, which means the power levels and battles had to go beyond the boundaries normal ninja face.

I love Part II, and I'm not hating on it, but Part III has a lot of potential to go back to the original vision for the series that everyone praised so highly during the Land of Waves and Chunin Exam arcs.

What can possibly be more dangerous than Kaguya? The aliens? (I'm actually disappointed we didn't saw any)
meh that's the thing, if there is a new series I really hope there isn't a big bad. You can do drama/conflict without that. Maybe make it a political drama. Civil war among the villages because something goes wrong, maybe an innocent accident causes war among nations and then from that you can keep adding stories.

Part 3 would have so much potential to be everything part 2 wasn't, and I enjoyed part 2 overall but there's so much stuff I wanted out of it. If only Kishi wanted to :p

Guess we will find out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You do realize they haven't announced a "Part 3", right?
Yeah. Mini-series, novellas, and a Bolt movie are all that's confirmed, but that doesn't preclude a Part III somewhere down the line. It could or could not happen.

Nothing, which means in Part III the scope of the series would go back to what it was before the Akatsuki showed up and be more like Part I. Which is what most people want. Akatsuki were all kage level or higher and were implied to be so since they showed up in Part I, which means the power levels and battles had to go beyond the boundaries normal ninja face.

I love Part II, and I'm not hating on it, but Part III has a lot of potential to go back to the original vision for the series that everyone praised so highly during the Land of Waves and Chunin Exam arcs.

Part I focused mainly on children, it was never supposed to represent the pinnacle of power.

Sai

Oh hinata, can't you smile for once?
I think she is actually smiling there.

Hinata's one of those dull, soft-smiling, yamato nadeshiko types.

NarutoGAF do you not see the HUGE potential for a new series post Naruto manga. I mean something fresh and not the same old ''I'll chase my friend til the end'' bullshit,I hope Kishi capitalizes on this.

Sarada looking mean right here!
6dYB9Fa.jpg
I like this.

If she ever awakened Sharingan of her own, I imagine she'd toss the glasses though.

I just watched The Last...*sigh* Still can't believe it's over..For now..Can't wait for part 3. I wish it would last long. I wouldn't mind another 5 years of Bolt's adventures..>_>

It was kinda cheesy at moments but I still enjoyed it. I got kinda emotional at the end because Naruto is pretty much done after this year :(.

Why do their lips look...like that?

Why did you have to point this out?!

D:

Can't unsee.

I just watched The Last...*sigh* Still can't believe it's over..For now..Can't wait for part 3. I wish it would last long. I wouldn't mind another 5 years of Bolt's adventures..>_>
Also saw the leaked version.

Were it not for the last 15 minutes, the movie would easily be worst than the Part 1 movies, which is saying something.

But, Naruto's kids had me grinning like a mofo, so I can't hate on it too hard.

T'Zariah

Banned
Why did you have to point this out?!

D:

Can't unsee.

Also saw the leaked version.

Were it not for the last 15 minutes, the movie would easily be worst than the Part 1 movies, which is saying something.

But, Naruto's kids had me grinning like a mofo, so I can't hate on it too hard.

You're being way too generous.

Outside of the animation (which is fucking on POINT), the movie fails in literally every conceivable way, full of plotholes, inconsistencies with the manga, terrible dialogue, awfully rushed romance, not even bothering to close up loose ends left in the manga and in general being bad film.

Future mangaka: never pass your story's ending to pairing tards. This is the result.

360pages

Kishimoto supervised though.

Not only that, but the Movie was specifically made for Hinata/Naruto Relationship. While that may not be the best thing, I can't be angry for them making a movie to help out the ending a little. (Even if it should have been in the original Manga)

If Kishi honestly didn't want the relationship he wouldn't have put it in the ending.

Turok_TTZ

managed to see it.

Honestly, i loved it but couldnt help but feel the movie was gunning for a "dbz shoujo".

nothing wrong with that but lol kishi, he really is a toriyama fanboy. I liked it but at some moments I thought, "see you next week, on.dragon ball z!"

everyone forgot that academy clone technique lololololol. not the first time it happened.

I thought naruto sage mode bothered me but then i remember kurama does the gathering for him. almost forgot they best buds now.

Naruto took notes from Saitama. Dat one punch.
Sakura actually surprised me most. see her in new light. total sis for naruto.

Nobody went out of character. 2nd most surprised in this regard. takl was right after all.

i look forward to boruto.

Totally buying dvd/bluray when it comes out.

T'Zariah

Banned
managed to see it.

Honestly, i loved it but couldnt help but feel the movie was gunning for a "dbz shoujo".

nothing wrong with that but lol kishi, he really is a toriyama fanboy. I liked it but at some moments I thought, "see you next week, on.dragon ball z!"

everyone forgot that academy clone technique lololololol. not the first time it happened.

I thought naruto sage mode bothered me but then i remember kurama does the gathering for him. almost forgot they best buds now.

Naruto took notes from Saitama. Dat one punch.
Sakura actually surprised me most. see her in new light. total sis for naruto.

Nobody went out of character. 2nd most surprised in this regard. takl was right after all.

i look forward to boruto.

Totally buying dvd/bluray when it comes out.

No one out of character?!

What?

WHAT!?

Did we watch the same movie/read the same manga???

So, Hinata has been kidnapped (the person he supposedly has fallen in love with because of LOLlgenjutsu!) and instead of immediately going to rescue her, he goes to mope around about he was rejected until Shikamaru gives him a stern talking to.

Didn't go after her. Was just gonna let this weird ass evil dude run off with her never to return.

Come the fuck on.

That is NOT Naruto. He went apeshit over Gaara being kidnapped and you're trying to tell me he's not going to go rescue a girl he's crushing on immediately?
And to add insult to injury he thinks Hinata meant he loved "Food" instead of loving him when she confessed way back when? Really? The same guy who can sense people's emotions and evil intentions is that socially retarded that he can't sense when a female loves him romantically? This takes IdiotHero to absurd levels.

That was bullshit to the nth degree and just the tip of the iceberg

What?

WHAT!?

So, Hinata has been kidnapped (the person he supposedly has fallen in love with because of LOLlgenjutsu!) and instead of immediately going to rescue her, he goes to mope around about he was rejected until Shikamaru gives him a stern talking to.

Didn't go after her. Was just gonna let this weird ass evil dude run off with her never to return.

Come the fuck on.

That is NOT Naruto. He went apeshit over Gaara being kidnapped and you're trying to tell me he's not going to go rescue a girl he's crushing on immediately?
And to add insult to injury he thinks Hinata meant he loved "Food" instead of loving him when she confessed way back when? Really? The same guy who can sense people's emotions and evil intentions is that socially retarded that he can't sense when a female loves him romantically? This takes IdiotHero to absurd levels.

Man does everyone forget naruto not helping when Jiraya died because he was too busy moping? Like seriously why cant naruto be sad when the first person whos ever loved him just NTRd him.
and guess what NARUTO IS SOCIALLY STUPID, THIS IS THE GUY WHO GREW UP WITH THE WHOLE VILLAGE HATING HIM!
He has no idea what the fuck real love is, since hes never experienced it and has never been given real love.

Man does everyone forget naruto not helping when Jiraya died because he was too busy moping? Like seriously why cant naruto be sad when the first person whos ever loved him just NTRd him.
and guess what NARUTO IS SOCIALLY STUPID, THIS IS THE GUY WHO GREW UP WITH THE WHOLE VILLAGE HATING HIM!
He has no idea what the fuck real love is, since hes never experienced it and has never been given real love.

Never been given real love?

Did he not meet his parents?

Did he not have the entire shinobi world practically on his dick?

Did he not empathize with psychopaths such as Zabuza, Nagato, and the guy who fucking MURDERED his parents?!

You're going to sit here and try to claim a guy who was able to get those guys to change and empathize with them can't tell if a girl is in love with him and confuses it with FOOD when the context of what she was doing had absolutely NOTHING to do with it!? That's insulting.

Never been given real love?

Did he not meet his parents?

Did he not have the entire shinobi world practically on his dick?

Did he not empathize with psychopaths such as Zabuza, Nagato, and the guy who fucking MURDERED his parents?!

You're going to sit here and try to claim a guy who was able to get those guys to change and empathize with them can't tell if a girl is in love with him and confuses it with FOOD when the context of what she was doing had absolutely NOTHING to do with it!? That's insulting.
Theres a difference between parental love, respect, and romantic love and yes I will admit that comparing it to food was dumb, it wouldve been better if it had said he thought she loved him like how he loves everyone else.
but that still doesnt change that Naruto has never had someone be in love with them, and naruto didnt Empathize with zabuza he sympathized his. And how could he empathize Hinatas love if hes never romantically loved anyone.

T'Zariah

Banned
Theres a difference between parental love, respect, and romantic love and yes I will admit that comparing it to food was dumb, it wouldve been better if it had said he thought she loved him like how he loves everyone else.
but that still doesnt change that Naruto has never had someone be in love with them, and naruto didnt Empathize with zabuza he sympathized his. And how could he empathize Hinatas love if hes never romantically loved anyone.

Oh, so you actually believe that Naruto never loved Sakura, then. Which is fucking dumb and unnecessary, considering the manga.

You know what would've been better? Naruto just saying "You know I loved Sakura, she seems happy with Sasuke and I can't give her what she needs, and I found happiness with Hinata."

The absurdity of Sakura's relationship with Sasuke aside, that route would've been simple, logical, and arguably even poignant.

But hey! FUCK simplicity and let's make up this convoluted reason of why Naruto never loved Sakura (lol, bullshit) that he just wanted Sakura because Sasuke was his rival and whatnot. Just typing out that sentence makes me feel nauseous. What the fuck was Kishi and the other writers thinking?

If it’s true that he only loved Sakura because of rivalry with Sasuke then I’m going to imagine that the only reason he “loves” Hinata is because of Toneri. Arguing otherwise just points to double standards and hypocrisy.

Welfare

If it’s true that he only loved Sakura because of rivalry with Sasuke then I’m going to imagine that the only reason he “loves” Hinata is because of Toneri. Arguing otherwise just points to double standards and hypocrisy.

Please explain this. From what I've seen of the movie (little), Naruto starts to develop feelings for Hinata before she is kidnapped.

Turok_TTZ

What?

WHAT!?

Probably not as You either read/watched something else or you watched this wearing extremely biased glasses. My attention to detail and reading comprehension aint elite by any means but i'll prove it is at the very much higher than yours on the next couple of posts.

You either A: didnt payed attention to the movie or B: watched some other movie entirely because 1: It wasnt shikamaru who got naruto sorted. it was sakura.

2: Naruto thought he was rejected. Rejection is quite a thing for many people. especially considering this was the first where naruto lets his guard down. His perceived rejection was one hell of a shock for him. Only sasuke would be unfazed.

Come the fuck on.
repeat 2.

We're talking about the same idiot who in jiraiya"s words, "doesn't understand women."

Being able to sense emotions don't mean he understood them. Naruto only knows about love in a familial sense. Sakura said it herself, Naruto's love for her wasn't the same as it was for Hinata. Also, you fail to realise that Naruto always has been an idiot.

Many people are able to perceive romantic cues of others. very few of the same people are able to perceive the same cues and hints when it involves themselves. If many were able to get cues fast, we wouldn't have dating age here in neogaf. people wouldnt struggle getting together. how young are you that you don't understand this fact of life? love is always a struggle.

and you're telling me Naruto who dont get women, is a damn idiot, who didnt know what it means to fall in love until hinata, should be able to perceive romantic cues that involve him? I am extremely amused. Sakura repeats it over and over: he is a dense idiot. sakura is smart, perhaps you should take the hint of what she says?

Rejection + Naruto is undeniably a very emotional person = recipe for disaster. maybe if naruto was more like sasuke I would be more inclined to agree but Naruto is very emotional.

first time in love and to have thought his confession to be rejected, overwhelmed him greatly and that he is very emotional amplified his rejection to make it much worse for Naruto.
I honestly would be surprised if he didn't mope about like he did. Naruto suffered deep blow to heart. Naruto is only human. the comparison with gaara is exceptionally poor. Two very different things.

finally, supervised by kishi. kishi is the creator. by rule of thumb, if he writes it/approves it, no character is out of character. I realized this a long time ago but I mention this because some peeps talk shit about out of character. I watched the movie and power read the manga recently. though writing can turn to shit, I thought everyone was well written save hanabi, who conveniently forgot to do Palm Rotation but thats just proper nitpicking.

For someone to claim to ave read the manga and watched the movie, your post is full of inconsistencies and ill formed opinions.

perhaps you should consider a full reread of manga? also, rewatch movie or actually watch it this time. I am far from convinced you did either. I also highly recommend getting active in romantic endeavors in real life. as a happily married man, your view of love is not only naive, but also reeks of lacking in experience. love really is a difficult trial. do not sell it short and simple, oh woefully inexperienced one.

perhaps you should consider a full reread of manga? also, rewatch movie or actually watch it this time. I am far from convinced you did either. I also highly recommend getting active in romantic endeavors in real life. as a happily married man, your view of love is not only naive, but also reeks of lacking in experience. love really is a difficult trial. do not sell it short and simple, oh woefully inexperienced one.

You think NaruHina is an example of genuine love? Or ANY of the relationships in this manga are good role models for love? The same series where a fucking psychopath nearly tried to kill his wife three times in the past?

And you have the audacity to lecture him on love?

You come off as a sanctimonious asshole.

Turok_TTZ

also would like to point out sakura, who was the smart one of team 7 who was more into love than naruto and sasuke, didnt even fucking truly perceive naruto's feelings until Sai brought it up. Sai. Yes, that Sai. The Sai who understood little of emotions.

I want that to sink the fuck in. And Sakura is supposed to be the sharp, smart one. let that sink in.

...Didn't I say love is a struggle?

You think NaruHina is an example of genuine love? Or ANY of the relationships in this manga are good role models for love? The same series where a fucking psychopath nearly tried to kill his wife three times in the past?

Sasusaku isnt great but naruhina is the nest example of romantic love in Naruto.

Turok_TTZ

There is much bad writing but as weeks have gone by, I've gained more perspective.

Could NH have been done better? Absolutely but i think it was well done all the same. yes it was genuine. its the most genuine love story in naruto.

Could Sasuke NOT be a bastard? Absolutely.
That is kishi's fault and kishi alone.

but at the same time, I am fine with how it all came out. Sakura was a doormat when i first thought about her. now? She is very kind, strong, and very forgiving. with naruto's strong influence of never giving up, she never gave up on sasuke. you can mention the part where she tried to kill him but she didnt commit ultimately.
and the reason she didnt was because deep down, she didnt truly give up on sasuke.

The truth hurts. who claimed that the truth was without harm?

finally. I would like to remind everyone this is NOT a shoujo manga. The fact I had to actually explain a few things only shows how some of you, yes you too tacticalfox88, shows how differently ye have read and watched the series and as a result, interpret things differently.

I would be more understanding of criticism... if it was actually well developed.

Blue hair is back :eek:

Don't know if this is real but apparently there are some extra panels in volume 72.

tumblr_nj5pb30eqk1sr521do1_540.jpg

tumblr_nj6wilbOoA1tg2m6po1_1280.png

New series HYPE!

also would like to point out sakura, who was the smart one of team 7 who was more into love than naruto and sasuke, didnt even fucking truly perceive naruto's feelings until Sai brought it up. Sai. Yes, that Sai. The Sai who understood little of emotions.

I want that to sink the fuck in. And Sakura is supposed to be the sharp, smart one. let that sink in.

...Didn't I say love is a struggle?

Errr Sai might of been emotionless at the start but he's shown to be very perceptive. In Sakura's defence she only sees Naruto as a brother or close friend meaning she most likely thought Naruto shared that thought. Its a logical conclusion.

Turok_TTZ

having power read the manga recently, I've grown to appreciate sakura more now.

She has her flaws like anyone else but She is a great woman in her own right.

Also, I now do not understand the criticism of her in chapter 700.

she hates cleaning, yet here she is cleaning.
she isn't in the hospital working. Considering the peaceful times, perhaps she isn't needed as there isn't much work to be done.
All that training to be housewife? I think only a mother can explain how priorities shift when having a child. Sakura is a parent now. Someone has to take care of Sarada, and I applaud Sakura for making sure she takes good care of her daughter. and let's be real here. Sasuke is out there somewhere either on a job or journeying home. Who would you rather be out working? Sakura or Sasuke? I'd say sasuke. Sasuke is reformed but I still have a hard time imagining him being a dad and I think Sakura is the better parent of the two.

A lot of complaints just seem to me being shortsighted and the definition of jumping to conclusions. some of which i too was guilty of in the past. dat retrospect.

Turok_TTZ

Blue hair is back :eek:

Don't know if this is real but apparently there are some extra panels in volume 72.

tumblr_nj5pb30eqk1sr521do1_540.jpg

tumblr_nj6wilbOoA1tg2m6po1_1280.png

New series HYPE!

Errr Sai might of been emotionless at the start but he's shown to be very perceptive. In Sakura's defence she only sees Naruto as a brother or close friend meaning she most likely thought Naruto shared that thought. Its a logical conclusion.
Perceptive yes but misunderstands as well.

however, what you say is truth. I didn't mean to attack sakura, I was making a point, a point you need not to listen to as it's clear you already understood and thus not intended for. :)

I cant tell you how common that logical conclusion is. some peeps never realize cues because of already close bonds. Of course sakura wouldn't pick up on naruto because they share an almost familial bond and was how sakura perceived it. due to that, ofc she would miss the romantic hints from naruto because she interpreted such differently due to her understanding of their relationship.

New panels huh... hype indeed. I look forward to bolt and daddy naruto/sasuke.

Hopefully i can get to see sasuke in particular in how he has changed. I want to see most of all, the nh and ss family interactions. really wished kishi went for slice of life.

Lets please not try understand the mindless logic employed in the "Sakura stays at home 24/7, gives her kunoichi life up 4ever" train of thought. Let alone the train of thought where being a housewife is somehow seen as a bad thing.

One of the biggest things about Sakura's character that should be highlighted is how she was able to reach legendary Sannin status solely on her own training and determination.

Turok_TTZ

Lets please not try understand the mindless logic employed in the "Sakura stays at home 24/7, gives her kunoichi life up 4ever" train of thought. Let alone the train of thought where being a housewife is somehow seen as a bad thing.

One of the biggest things about Sakura's character that should be highlighted is how she was able to reach legendary Sannin status solely on her own training and determination.
I dissect such so i can say with confidence that ill formed opinions are ill formed.

I agree. Sakura, whom i called useless, is far from useless. she could not obtain such heights if she were a useless twat.

Sakura is a great girl in her own right. She accomplished her dream of becoming strong and winning the sasukebowl. I was against SS before. now? Supportive. Sakura is happy, why should I complain?

does it sens bad message? perhaps but sakura never gave up on her man. she saw the good in him and that i think that is the greater message.
anyone complaining should blame naruto and kishi. i have no complaints anymore.

as Naruto and Hinata look best together, so do sakura and sasuke. I used to think sasuke got sakura as punishment. now i think sakura is a little too good for him, sasuke is lucky man he got wonderful family.

I dissect such so i can say with confidence that ill formed opinions are ill formed.

I agree. Sakura, whom i called useless, is far from useless. she could not obtain such heights if she were a useless twat.

Sakura is a great girl in her own right. She accomplished her dream of becoming strong and winning the sasukebowl. I was against SS before. now? Supportive. Sakura is happy, why should I complain?

does it sens bad message? perhaps but sakura never gave up on her man. she saw the good in him and that i think that is the greater message.
anyone complaining should blame naruto and kishi. i have no complaints anymore.

as Naruto and Hinata look best together, so do sakura and sasuke. I used to think sasuke got sakura as punishment. now i think sakura is a little too good for him, sasuke is lucky man he got wonderful family.

I think I'm going to read the manga again as well now......or maybe watch the anime again. There's always things that you miss out that you only seem to notice in retrospect or form new opinions, like you did.

Top Bottom