• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Hahaha. Do people not know that The Last has already become the most successful Naruto movie?

At least it looks like she has finally moved on from her crazy conspiracy theories.

I think certain hate towards SP is justified. They sometimes do not do manga scenes full justice, make characters out of character (in filler obviously), and the animation can look bad. However we should also thank them for the things they have done very well. The fight animation are some of the best in anime for instance.

Regarding romance, I think its a bit unfair to compare it DBZ. A big theme in Naruto has been about the value of bonds whether its friendship or love and characters did openly confess their love throughout the series.

Here's the manga cover for the final volume of Naruto:

tumblr_nifabzWwpr1tr1knlo1_400.jpg

Rumour has it there will be 2 mini chapters on the Sasuke and his family and Naruto and his family.

Volume 1 cover for nostalgia:
369653-volume01cover_super.jpg

What a journey.

NS4 The Last models:

CC2 are amazing. Who's getting this game and on what? I will be getting it on PS4 :D

Clarification on my previous post:

There's a Naruto exhibition in April 2015. There will be 2 19 page one shot chapters there which you can get by pre-ordering and attending. One chapter has Naruto on the cover and one has Sasuke. Who knows what it will be about but 19 pages for each is nice.

Same here. Never heard about anything like that.

Not sure where you heard that, really.
I heard about it here.

I heard about it here.

I clarified that in the a later post:

There's a Naruto exhibition in April 2015. There will be 2 19 page one shot chapters there which you can get by pre-ordering and attending. One chapter has Naruto on the cover and one has Sasuke. Who knows what it will be about but 19 pages for each is nice.

The extra pages on 72 are artworks by other artists.

My biggest disappointment is that Kabuto didn't got a bigger role after his defeat. Sure he was responsible to bringing Madara back and reviving Sasuke but I felt like we never got to see his full potential in battle and wished he had a bigger part in the final battle like Obito did.

brinstar

The final parts of the war felt kind of messy in that regard. It was like he brought in all these characters at the last second only for them to all be sidelined at once with the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

I really did not like the war arc until the very end where shit got real. Things got very interesting once Madara and Sasuke arrived and it only escalated from there. Definite highlights would be Gai unleashing the gate of death, Sasuke and Naruto going god mode, and of course their final fight.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Jiraiya is already ruined by the fact that the 2 years that he spent together with Naruto meant jack-shit. You'd think that under the personal tutelage of a legendary Ninja for 2 years straight would give Naruto a significant power-up, but nahhhh.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiraiya is already ruined by the fact that the 2 years that he spent together with Naruto meant jack-shit. You'd think that under the personal tutelage of a legendary Ninja for 2 years straight would give Naruto a significant power-up, but nahhhh.

Well, on one hand he is significantly stronger because of that training. More confident too and quite a bit smarter.

On the other hand he gets an even bigger powerup before he ever really gets put to the test.

Welfare

Well, on one hand he is significantly stronger because of that training. More confident too and quite a bit smarter.

On the other hand he gets an even bigger powerup before he ever really gets put to the test.

Well, after his 2 year training, he was no match for Sasuke, when before they were basically equal.

Odama Rasengan was useless.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, after his 2 year training, he was no match for Sasuke, when before they were basically equal.

In fairness Sasuke cheated and used ninja steroids, plus Naruto overtook him almost instantly after learning elemental attacks and then left him way behind with sage mode. By the end the only reason they were evenly matched in the final fight is that Naruto had been fighting for like 3 days straight without rest and Sasuke had only been in one short fight and did all of jack shit against the final boss.

In fairness Sasuke cheated and used ninja steroids, plus Naruto overtook him almost instantly after learning elemental attacks and then left him way behind with sage mode. By the end the only reason they were evenly matched in the final fight is that Naruto had been fighting for like 3 days straight without rest and Sasuke had only been in one short fight and did all of jack shit against the final boss.

err what?

Your having a laugh if you don't think Sasuke and Naruto are not evenly matched. Throughout the entire story they have been getting power ups at around the same time, Kishi was always making sure that they continued to remain as rivals.

Sasuke was notably stronger at that point, I suspect its due Orochimaru being a more ruthless teacher, Sasuke having the Sharingan and Orochimaru wiling to teach forbidden jutsu's.

Now that you mention it, its funny how Sakura and Sasuke grew more in the time skip compared to Naruto even though it was Naruto's growth that was focused on in the manga/anime.

err what?

Your having a laugh if you don't think Sasuke and Naruto are not evenly matched. Throughout the entire story they have been getting power ups at around the same time, Kishi was always making sure that they continued to remain as rivals.

Sasuke was notably stronger at that point, I suspect its due Orochimaru being a more ruthless teacher, Sasuke having the Sharingan and Orochimaru wiling to teach forbidden jutsu's.

Now that you mention it, its funny how Sakura and Sasuke grew more in the time skip compared to Naruto even though it was Naruto's growth that was focused on in the manga/anime.

Lol, once Naruto got Sage mode he left Sasuke in the DUST.

Any fight between the two after that point, Sasuke would've been curb stomped.

Hell even in their last fight Kishi pointed out at least FIVE times that Naruto was holding back and Sasuke had to keep getting power ups just to stay competitive.

360pages

Yeah, once Naruto reached Sage Mode he was pretty much Sasuke's superior. Every time they met up after that Naruto could have curbed stomped him if he had access/actually used it.

I doubt Sussano could even take one Rasensuriken and Kurma mode could blitz the hell out of him along with being able to shrug off Aratsamtsu (God I'm fucking up the spelling so badly)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lol, once Naruto got Sage mode he left Sasuke in the DUST.

Any fight between the two after that point, Sasuke would've been curb stomped.

Hell even in their last fight Kishi pointed out at least FIVE times that Naruto was holding back and Sasuke had to keep getting power ups just to stay competitive.

In the final fight Sasuke had to steal power from all the tailed beasts just to match Naruto, who had been tanking the final boss until Kakashi got his second eyeball and one-shot her. They were in no way even from sage mode on.

For example, if we were to use Jiraiya as a measuring stick:

Itatchi was in a 2 on 1 situation against him with Kisame and ran away from him out of fear before the timeskip.

Sasuke could barely beat a weakened Itatchi who was dying of some sickness and had been growing weaker and weaker as time passed, so the Itatchi Sasuke faced was weaker than the one who ran from Jiraiya. Plus he was looking to loose the fight, he couldn't have been in worse condition.

Pain said Jiraiya could have beaten him had he known his trick.

Naruto fights evenly with Pain while knowing the trick.

They don't seem very even to me.

Sai

Naruto jumped ahead of Sasuke with Sennin Mode, then the playing field was essentially leveled when Sasuke became able to materialize more of his Susanoo, and use Enton: Susanoo Kagutsuchi.

The point where Naruto gained a lead that he never let go 'til the manga's conclusion was when he started using Senjutsu along with his Bijū Mode, and even then the difference wasn't abysmally large because Sasuke had the potential to invoke a complete body, stabilized Susanoo.

Rikudō Sennin Mode was what finally made a huge difference between them. The only reason their final fight played out that way was due to the fact that Naruto was not only holding back, but was significantly weakened due to all the fatigue he had built up throughout the course of the war; which he took part in far longer than Sasuke did.

Also, Pain was still stronger than Naruto at that point; I'm sorry.

[EDIT] - Wait, there are people who still think Itachi was serious aboutd he and Kisame standing no chance against Jiraiya? Even if Kishimoto genuinely meant that at the time, witnessing what they were truly capable of in their Part 2 fights should've blown away any doubts about their capability to compete with Jiraiya individually.

In fairness Sasuke cheated and used ninja steroids
It was never actually confirmed that Sasuke used drugs to bolster his growth between Part 1 'n 2. Sakura said that it wouldn't be surprising if he did because of how substantial it was, but he later infers that he looks down on Orochimaru's abuse of them shortly before he reverses Orochimaru's Fushi Tensei. The most we've heard is about him likely developing a resistance to a variety of poisons.

Keep in mind that he learned how to recompose the nature of his chakra to lightning, the Chidori, forged a body capable of reproducing Lee's weightless speed, and Taijutsu—all feats that individually cost years of training—in less than two weeks. With all the things he was essentially given throughout Part 2, it's easy to forget how fast he's able to grow stronger when he really starts grinding. His speedy development throughout those three years don't seem all that unbelievable in light of that.

Furyous

Since the manga's over can someone explain something to me?

How would Jirayia beat Pein if he knew the trick? There are five of them so how does he know what to do?

Naruto jumped ahead of Sasuke with Sennin Mode, then the playing field was essentially leveled when Sasuke became able to materialize more of his Susanoo, and use Enton: Susanoo Kagutsuchi.

The point where Naruto gained a lead that he never let go 'til the manga's conclusion was when he started using Senjutsu along with his Bijū Mode, and even then the difference wasn't abysmally large because Sasuke had the potential to invoke a complete body, stabilized Susanoo.

Rikudō Sennin Mode was what finally made a huge difference between them. The only reason their final fight played out that way was due to the fact that Naruto was not only holding back, but was significantly weakened due to all the fatigue he had built up throughout the course of the war; which he took part in far longer than Sasuke did.

Also, Pain was still stronger than Naruto at that point; I'm sorry.

[EDIT] - Wait, there are people who still think Itachi was serious aboutd he and Kisame standing no chance against Jiraiya? Even if Kishimoto genuinely meant that at the time, witnessing what they were truly capable of in their Part 2 fights should've blown away any doubts about their capability to compete with Jiraiya individually.

It was never actually confirmed that Sasuke used drugs to bolster his growth between Part 1 'n 2. Sakura said that it wouldn't be surprising if he did because of how substantial it was, but he later infers that he looks down on Orochimaru's abuse of them shortly before he reverses Orochimaru's Fushi Tensei. The most we've heard is about him likely developing a resistance to a variety of poisons.

Keep in mind that he learned how to recompose the nature of his chakra to lightning, the Chidori, forged a body capable of reproducing Lee's weightless speed, and Taijutsu—all feats that individually cost years of training—in less than two weeks. With all the things he was essentially given throughout Part 2, it's easy to forget how fast he's able to grow stronger when he really starts grinding. His speedy development throughout those three years don't seem all that unbelievable in light of that.

I agree with most of this. Naruto's stamina is leagues ahead of Sasuke but it would be unreasonable to expect Sasuke (who already has massive chakra reserves) to keep up with a jinchuuriki.

I would also say that Sasuke clearly did not utilise the rinnegan properly and to be honest neither of them really used their gifted powers fully. They ran out of chakra way to quickly and the final fight was more of an endurance/tai jutsu fight (I'm not complaining since I actually prefer it that way).

Its pretty clear to me that Kishi had always tried to keep their power levels the same in close enough period:
Naruto Sage mode --> Sasuke Mangekyou Sharingan
Naruto Bijuu mode --> Sasuke Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan
Naruto So6P mode --> Sasuke So6P mode (rinnegan)

Turok_TTZ

How would Jirayia beat Pein if he knew the trick? There are five of them so how does he know what to do?
I'd say he still can't even if he knew. he would need prep time. a lot of prep time. then take out the pein who ressurects and hope Pein dont do shinra tensei or banshou tein while Jiraiya is on the offensive.

Pein is very strong imo. above the sannin for sure.

Welfare

I'd say he still can't even if he knew. he would need prep time. a lot of prep time. then take out the pein who ressurects and hope Pein dont do shinra tensei or banshou tein while Jiraiya is on the offensive.

Pein is very strong imo. above the sannin for sure.

If Jiraiya had intel and prep, he could've done it. Or he wouldn't even need to fight the Paths, but do what Naruto did and find Nagato.

Turok_TTZ

If Jiraiya had intel and prep, he could've done it. Or he wouldn't even need to fight the Paths, but do what Naruto did and find Nagato.
but can he afford to find nagato when he is up against the 6 paths of Pein?

With banshou tein, good luck on trying to get away from pein. cant run away.

Did I mention Pein is a cut above?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If Jiraiya knew about the six paths of Pain beforehand, he wouldn't have gone to fight him alone.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member

if he had know what the trick was he would have properly dealt with he three paths he defeated instead of leaving them to be resurected. He would also have known to be on the look out for more.

Naruto & Bleach apparently (I didn't really see it tbh)

it is by the guy who made Hungry Joker

who knows if it will survive the axe though in the coming months

I am guessing they mean that the main pro-tag is a underdog idiot...... while his childhood friend is a genius is copying Naruto

Edit: Oh and
the whole exam thing plus the love interest.... etc....
but then if that was the case how many other random Shonen protags followed the same route even before Naruto ever got serialized

I guess I can see it now that the Naruto series was a influence for it like how Naruto got influenced by HXH

I've always thought Naruto's attractiveness as a manga was due to the world and its characters.

Sup NarutoGAF? Apparently there's a Manga called Black Clover that's ripping off Naruto.

I can see some parallels. Would not be surprised at all if the dark haired boy betrayed the main character for power at one point lol.

Turok_TTZ

I've always thought Naruto's attractiveness as a manga was due to the world and its characters.

I can see some parallels. Would not be surprised at all if the dark haired boy betrayed the main character for power at one point lol.
mantis pls, I'm sure this mangaka won't make it THAT obvious...

Despite Naruto being a shounen manga I still believe that romance was a notable part of it. The manga regularly centers around the concept of bonds/relationships so I am not surprised that romantic love, one of the strongest bonds, is included as well. It may not be why we all started watching Naruto, or why we continue watching Naruto but it was still a part of Naruto.

Anyway, it looks like the first few chapters of the Kakashi novel have been translated. People have been saying that it is surprisingly well written which bodes well for the other ones. Hope we get an official English release.

Sakura's novel is now going to be released April 4th.

Cilla

Wow. I read the 500 or so chapters of the manga I still had to read over the weekend so I could catch up. The anime was leaving me on a cliffhanger and I was finding myself emotionally unstable at not knowing what would happen to Obito. Legit. I was going crazy. So I read it.

I am glad I did as now I can enter all these things and not worry about spoilers. I still need to watch The Last though!

As a reward for reading so much I wrote a top 10 list for my favourite characters. It's a bit spoilery but I assume everyone here is up to date!

Them characters.

phaze

Naruto 688

Right, I will be ejecting out of this thread till I finish but ...

Holy Mother of all the asspulls at the Obito giving Kakashi his Sharingan's with ghost magic.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif
I don't think I've seen something so out of there yet.

Zeroth

Wow. I read the 500 or so chapters of the manga I still had to read over the weekend so I could catch up. The anime was leaving me on a cliffhanger and I was finding myself emotionally unstable at not knowing what would happen to Obito. Legit. I was going crazy. So I read it.

I am glad I did as now I can enter all these things and not worry about spoilers. I still need to watch The Last though!

As a reward for reading so much I wrote a top 10 list for my favourite characters. It's a bit spoilery but I assume everyone here is up to date!

Them characters.

Somehow I was expecting that character being the first on your list :p

360pages

Naruto 688

Right, I will be ejecting out of this thread till I finish but ...

Holy Mother of all the asspulls at the Obito giving Kakashi his Sharingan's with ghost magic.
ndaxxyizzoo7.gif
I don't think I've seen something so out of there yet.

That was...really weird. Probably the most jarring thing in awhile.

Top Bottom