• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sakura Hiden

(IMG from novel)

"I'm home Sakura" is said at the very end or near the end of the novel if I'm reading things correctly (with this image?)

There's also some people saying stuff like Sasuke gets his arms back but I'm going to wait for more reliable sources.

Kishi is very determined not to let his baby boy received any punishment/consequences for all the things he did, huh, lol.

That Boruto kid already pisses me off lol. I want a movie based on Sasuke's road to redemption.

I know right.

I hope Sakura setting up a mental clinic is some deliberate irony on Kishi's part.

Remember these are the novels, so it could or could not be canon. Anyway its obvious why she would set it up...he of all people knows the effects of bloodshed etc on children ( Naruto, Sasuke).

Kishi is very determined not to let his baby boy received any punishment/consequences for all the things he did, huh, lol.

Kish ain't no Toriyama...he cares for his anti-hero. I made a mistake. That was actually fake Sasuke.

Entire Sakura Hiden Summary:

Essentially, some anbu wants to test if Sasuke's eyes can further evolve by witnessing more traumatic events. Word gets out of Sakura and Sasuke (after the war he stayed for around a year I think) and so he decides to kidnap her and make Sasuke witness her death as a trigger.

Somehow creates a clone of Sasuke (not sure on the details, its not just a kage bunshin), does bad stuff and taints his name. Konoha reacts and goes after the fake. Sends word to Sasuke for help. Sasuke is like, handle it yourself I'm busy. Sakura gets kidnapped. Sasuke hears about this and immediately rushes to help Sakura. Gets there to find all the enemies defeated by Sakura, but helps clear the reinforcements that are on the way. Later Naruto and team arrive and notice half the place has been burnt. Sakura knows its Sasuke.

Novel ends on Sakura smiling and looking forward to their reunion. Last words are "welcome home Sasuke" and "I'm home".

I don;t know the exact details but this amazing person on reddit, has been translating all the novels in their entirety page by page, so it will quite some time before we know the details.

Again this may or may not be canon.

360pages

I know right.

Remember these are the novels, so it could or could not be canon. Anyway its obvious why she would set it up...he of all people knows the effects of bloodshed etc on children ( Naruto, Sasuke).

Kish ain't no Toriyama...he cares for his anti-hero. I made a mistake. That was actually fake Sasuke.

Essentially, some anbu wants to test if Sasuke's eyes can further evolve by witnessing more traumatic events. Word gets out of Sakura and Sasuke (after the war he stayed for around a year I think) and so he decides to kidnap her and make Sasuke witness her death as a trigger.

Somehow creates a clone of Sasuke (not sure on the details, its not just a kage bunshin), does bad stuff and taints his name. Konoha reacts and goes after the fake. Sends word to Sasuke for help. Sasuke is like, handle it yourself I'm busy. Sakura gets kidnapped. Sasuke hears about this and immediately rushes to help Sakura. Gets there to find all the enemies defeated by Sakura, but helps clear the reinforcements that are on the way. Later Naruto and team arrive and notice half the place has been burnt. Sakura knows its Sasuke.

Novel ends on Sakura smiling and looking forward to their reunion. Last words are "welcome home Sasuke" and "I'm home".

I don;t know the exact details but this amazing person on reddit, has been translating all the novels in their entirety page by page, so it will quite some time before we know the details.

Which is weird, considering in the recent movies they are trying to give Vegeta more moments of him shining. Better than what happened to Gohan.

Female character is kidnapped? Sounds legit.

Yeah but I reckon it was part of her plan. We're talking about Sakura here, whose effectively Sannin/Kage level. Fodder can't do anything to her. She wrecks the entire anbu team by herself, without the need of any "saviour".

The novels are canon.

Not necessarily. We will have to see in the new manga if they are. It could just be authors using the gap in time to write inconsequential stuff.

The only notable thing to come from the novels so far is Sakura's mental clinic for children. If thats there then its confirmation, however like I said most of it is inconsequential stuff.

tumblr_inline_nmejg8AbpD1t5wahw_540.png

leaked pic form the new series.

Looks like Bolt and Sarada are on the same team (we all expected that). Can't recognise the sensei or the other team member. New characters? There were rumours of Sasuke being the sensei...

Please, oh please let Konohamaru be Boruto's jounin sensei. It would follow the trend of the future hokage/hokage candidate teaching a team.

Being Naruto's protege, hes also the best proxy to teach Boruto Naruto's signature stuff.

Yado

Please, oh please let Konohamaru be Boruto's jounin sensei. It would follow the trend of the future hokage/hokage candidate teaching a team.

Being Naruto's protege, hes also the best proxy to teach Boruto Naruto's signature stuff.

Sounds like a bold new direction for this series.

Sounds like a bold new direction for this series.

Eh, It would definitely be a different dynamic from Kakashi, who, lets be honest, taught naruto and Sakura jack and squat for much of the series.

Granted, you wouldn't want Boruto to just be Naruto 2.0. He'd have to come up with his own spin on stuff, and his own jutsus and such. I still hope he inherited something from Hinata, giving him a fighting style that sort of blends Narutos and Nejis, minus the fox chakra.

Khezu

I would have liked Boruto to be trained by Sasuke, and have his signature move be Chidori, just to fuck with his dad, but Sarada will probably get that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I seriously hope naruto, sasuke, sakura, hinata, etc. had during those 10+ years a team of genin that they helped train, the thing is like a month ago or so I just thought of this, so this was probably far from kishi's head

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I know right.

Ive been reading shikamaru's novel in my free time, I can believe this.

I hope Sakura setting up a mental clinic is some deliberate irony on Kishi's part.

It makes sense, I am glad they did this cause it is kinda probably what kishi has wanted to do but didnt find the right time or place, he touched on it very lightly at the end of the naruto bridge arc, how kids who are ninjas are taught how to not cry and show emotion etc. during missions and such, and kakashi obviously wasent a fan of that, I think kishi wanted to highlight how mentally fucked up the characters in naruto are, and honestly explains alot of the behavior of alot of them.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I fell out of Naruto years ago (last Arc I paid attention to was the Chunin Exams), but I started reading through Shippuden. At first, I felt I didn't miss much---the first few "Arcs" were pretty weak, with fights that didn't really live up to their potential.

But then I got to the Ninja War Arc and, wow, this is pretty hype. Bringing back a ton of characters cheapens the plot a bit, I guess, but I won't lie it leads to some great scenes, and it seems Kishimoto started to introduce some more good humor into this section as well which early Shippuden lacked a lot.

I have about 120 Chapters left to read, and I'm really enjoying the ride so far. I guess if you're gonna end such a long manga, go all the way out.

I fell out of Naruto years ago (last Arc I paid attention to was the Chunin Exams), but I started reading through Shippuden. At first, I felt I didn't miss much---the first few "Arcs" were pretty weak, with fights that didn't really live up to their potential.

But then I got to the Ninja War Arc and, wow, this is pretty hype. Bringing back a ton of characters cheapens the plot a bit, I guess, but I won't lie it leads to some great scenes, and it seems Kishimoto started to introduce some more good humor into this section as well which early Shippuden lacked a lot.

I have about 120 Chapters left to read, and I'm really enjoying the ride so far. I guess if you're gonna end such a long manga, go all the way out.

Nice. It only gets more hyped towards the end.

Heroman

Banned

Get ready for some of the dumbest shit you will ever read.

I bring some more good news!

Boruto the movie will get a teaser in theatres on April 18.

Some stuff Kishi has said:

"Now, I'm thinking about a story starring Boruto and Sarada (Sasuke's daugther). Sakura and Sasuke will also appear" Kishimoto declared. "I'm thinking about a special move for Boruto."

First one we don't know if its about the new series or movie.

Kishi: I'm working on the plot right now.
It's a story in which Sasuke and Bolt are hugely active.
esp Sasuke is remarkable.
then Naruto comes in at the best part.

Second one is about the movie. Sasuke finally having a notable role in a Naruto film......gasp

2 new one shots by Kishi:

1) how catigrl and Kiba meet
2) Team 7 as genin take on a special S Rank mission :eek:
to finally unveil kakashis mask....I reckon we are finally going to see Kakashi's face :eek:

Sai

That brings back memories of that one filler episode.
Which was actually based on a special manga chapter, if I remember correctly.

Well, as long as it's funny and we actually get to see Kakashi's face, then it's all good.

Also—"cat girl"? The one he was with in 700?

That brings back memories of that one filler episode.

The only good filler SP ever did. Its the funniest Naruto episode by far and I love it.

Which was actually based on a special manga chapter, if I remember correctly.

Well, as long as it's funny and we actually get to see Kakashi's face, then it's all good.

Also—"cat girl"? The one he was with in 700?

Yeah. The one thats with the old cat lady that Sasuke visited.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Get ready for some of the dumbest shit you will ever read.

You were right. :0

That Indra/Ashura thing, what the fuck? Where did that come from? Totally changes the whole feel of the series.

And like everyone is pretty much good now. Orochimaru and Kabuto are like good guys I guess.

The Ninja War Arc was still pretty amazing, but by the time it became just the big characters fighting Tobi/Madara/Kaguya it got exhausting. And I really feel Sasuke just never really did anything to redeem himself.

The Epilouge was really cute, and I admit it was sad seeing everyone grown up. But that's an easy way to tug the nostalgia string.

Arabesque

That Indra/Ashura thing, what the fuck? Where did that come from? Totally changes the whole feel of the series.

Because even Kishimoto realised that Naruto's final triumph in the series needed to tie into his greater thematic arc *somehow*. Sure, it was sloppily implemented much like many other ideas in the series throughout, but it finally worked as an answer to the whole "Neji was right" meme.

I honestly thought the idea of what happened a millennia ago to be cool idea, but the way it was introduced left much to be desired. Still was cool mythos added to the world.

And I really feel Sasuke just never really did anything to redeem himself.

Hence why he went on a journey for redemption at the end, after figuring out what he really wanted to do with his life and getting rid of Itachi's mindfuckry. And really, considering how Orochimaru and Kabuto got away, and Obito became the coolest guy Naruto knew, was Sasuke really that bad?

More seriously, outside of the few dead samurai during the Kage Arc, Sasuke never truly did anything that could be framed as being evil, or at least being in opposition with Konoha's interests given what he did throughout his leave. If anything, taking down Orochimaru/Itatchi/Danzo and infiltrate the Akatsuki to eventually get to Kabuto to undo the Edo Tensai wouldve made him a hero to anyone who didn't know the full story.

Heroman

Banned
Hence why he went on a journey for redemption at the end, after figuring out what he really wanted to do with his life and getting rid of Itachi's mindfuckry. And really, considering how Orochimaru and Kabuto got away, and Obito became the coolest guy Naruto knew, was Sasuke really that bad?

More seriously, outside of the few dead samurai during the Kage Arc, Sasuke never truly did anything that could be framed as being evil, or at least being in opposition with Konoha's interests given what he did throughout his leave. If anything, taking down Orochimaru/Itatchi/Danzo and infiltrate the Akatsuki to eventually get to Kabuto to undo the Edo Tensai wouldve made him a hero to anyone who didn't know the full story.
Trying to killed your former team member is evil and also being apart of a terrorist group is also pretty bad.

The Ninja War Arc was still pretty amazing, but by the time it became just the big characters fighting Tobi/Madara/Kaguya it got exhausting. And I really feel Sasuke just never really did anything to redeem himself.

The Epilouge was really cute, and I admit it was sad seeing everyone grown up. But that's an easy way to tug the nostalgia string.

Really? That arc was pretty bad imo , there was so cool ass shit but the dumb shit out weight it by 10 and it went all for way to long.

Arabesque

Trying to killed your former team member is evil and also being apart of a terrorist group is also pretty bad.

In-universe, outside of those dead samurai, nothing Sasuke did couldn't be framed as being him undercover a la Itachi. Leaving the village to join with Orochimaru was to eventually kill him, finding Itachi's for the Uchiha Massacre was something no one blamed Sasuke for (we even seen people praise him in-universe for finally killing Itachi), and Danzo after the Kage summit was a serious liability to Konoha (moreso than before) so him dying was the best thing after how the other Kage's reacted.

Hence why I said "to anyone not knowing the full story".

From a readers perspective, sure. There was a bit in the Kage arc where Sasuke inexplicably went crazy and tried to murder everything in his path, but it wasn't like it was worse than the other thing we seen other characters in this series do.

Killing your team members/allies is pretty evil... but people seemed to think highly of Garaa and Neji despite the former having murder his countrymen and made his siblings shit themselves, and the latter having nearly killed Hinata. So it wasn't really evil so much of a "misunderstanding".

Being a part of Akatsuki is bad ... but so was apparently a punch of people who were actually decent people or in a super undercover mission to infiltrate the organisation.

The thing with Sasuke is that to him, everything from leaving the village up to the Kage arc was doing whatever it took to get to Itachi without becoming the same as him. He refused to kill Naruto after their fight for that reason, he went ahead and freed all those experiment subjects of Orochimaru because of not wanting to kill anyone other than Itachi. That fit with how his character arc ended up playing out in the end, as being someone who had something terrible happen to him and doing his best to make sense of it. You will notice that throughout the manga Sasuke had been noted to not having killed anyone or saying he won't kill anyone since leaving the village. Even when dealing with the White Zetsu's, Sasuke noted he could kill them before dealing with Naruto.

The Kage arc sort of screws with that a little, but Sasuke isn't the last ninja in this world who did something crazy that ended up being brushed off as being part of a problem with the Ninja world as a whole rather than himself.

In what way?

And like everyone is pretty much good now. Orochimaru and Kabuto are like good guys I guess.

Well it is the end of the world. Orochimaru and Kabuto realise that there is nothing they can do to stop Madara but they can help a person who can : Sasuke.

How about saving the entire Shinobi world :p
Sasuke is also goes on that journey after the war.

Felt the same way.

In-universe, outside of those dead samurai, nothing Sasuke did couldn't be framed as being him undercover a la Itachi. Leaving the village to join with Orochimaru was to eventually kill him, finding Itachi's for the Uchiha Massacre was something no one blamed Sasuke for (we even seen people praise him in-universe for finally killing Itachi), and Danzo after the Kage summit was a serious liability to Konoha (moreso than before) so him dying was the best thing after how the other Kage's reacted.

From a readers perspective, sure. There was a bit in the Kage arc where Sasuke inexplicably went crazy and tried to murder everything in his path, but it wasn't like it was worse than the other thing we seen other characters in this series do.

Killing your team members/allies is pretty evil... but people seemed to think highly of Garaa and Neji despite the former having murder his countrymen and made his siblings shit themselves, and the latter having nearly killed Hinata. So it wasn't really evil so much of a "misunderstanding".

Being a part of Akatsuki is bad ... but so was apparently a punch of people who were actually decent people or in a super undercover mission to infiltrate the organisation.

The thing with Sasuke is that to him, everything from leaving the village up to the Kage arc was doing whatever it took to get to Itachi without becoming the same as him. He refused to kill Naruto after their fight for that reason, he went ahead and freed all those experiment subjects of Orochimaru because of not wanting to kill anyone other than Itachi. That fit with how his character arc ended up playing out in the end, as being someone who had something terrible happen to him and doing his best to make sense of it. You will notice that throughout the manga Sasuke had been noted to not having killed anyone or saying he won't kill anyone since leaving the village. Even when dealing with the White Zetsu's, Sasuke noted he could kill them before dealing with Naruto.

The Kage arc sort of screws with that a little, but Sasuke isn't the last ninja in this world who did something crazy that ended up being brushed off as being part of a problem with the Ninja world as a whole rather than himself.

Yup. Well said. That was actually a device used by Kishi to show us how insane Sasuke had gotten after finding the truth about Itachi.

Furthermore, on top of what you said, too many people ignore the bigger message that was brought up during the latter half of Shippuuden. That the villages and shinobi system is one covered in bloodhsed, mostly for selfish reasons. New Naruto ending shows this beautifully.

Heroman

Banned

Trying to kill your team mate is not a misunderstanding at, and I'm sure there are some nice dude In Isis bit they still be consider bad. The about sasuke is that he does all they thing and there no reason why anyone like nartuo should care about him and there aren't consequences for his actions at the end

Trying to kill your team mate is not a misunderstanding at, and I'm sure there are some nice dude In Isis bit they still be consider bad. The about sasuke is that he does all they thing and there no reason why anyone like nartuo should care about him and there aren't consequences for his actions at the end

Sasuke was insane at that point and Kakashi and Sakura (along with the rest of the villages) wanted to kill Sasuke as well.

In fact lets look at Sasuke's point of view. Konoha decide to kill the entirety of his clan, use Itachi as a scapegoat and blame it all on him, don't tell him the truth resulting killing the very person that actually saved him, then issue an order to kill Sasuke.

The entire point of the manga was to show how forgiveness breaks the cycle of wars and bloodshed that has been common throughout the ninja world. Both parties (Konoha and Sasuke) were in the wrong and rather than kill each other over it they forgive and have faith in each other on the future.

So the Naruto live action thing happened and apparently there was a Naruto Gaiden teaser.

1) Sarada's outfit is red.
2) Sasuke is Bolt and Sarada's sensei :eek:
3) there's a reason for Sarada having to wear glasses (perhaps it has something to do with Sasuke having a sharinnegan that he can't control)

Yado

So the Naruto live action thing happened and apparently there was a Naruto Gaiden teaser.

3) there's a reason for Sarada having to wear glasses (perhaps it has something to do with Sasuke having a sharinnegan that he can't control)

iUthFbexidAqB.gif

Furyous

..... WAT?

Sasuke as someone's sense is the equivalent of Orochimaru running an orphanage. The X-Men wouldn't let Magneto train Hope so why would Naruto let Sasuke train his kid. Sarada having to wear glasses is kind of weird because Sakura (second greatest medic in the series) is her mom. The Uchiha bloodline strikes again.

We need a Sasuke redemption spinoff ASAP. Kishi has to give this manga the DBZ treatment for me to feel satisfied.

..... WAT?

Sasuke as someone's sense is the equivalent of Orochimaru running an orphanage. The X-Men wouldn't let Magneto train Hope so why would Naruto let Sasuke train his kid. Sarada having to wear glasses is kind of weird because Sakura (second greatest medic in the series) is her mom. The Uchiha bloodline strikes again.

We need a Sasuke redemption spinoff ASAP. Kishi has to give this manga the DBZ treatment for me to feel satisfied.

naruto699-headband.JPG

Naruto and Sasuke are bro's till the end. Now that I look at it, Sasuke's retrospective in 699 has the same message as Naruto's message to Bolt in 700. They surely have faith in each other.

Also being a medic doesn't mean you can cure everything. Genetic mutations are one example. Maybe I'm looking to into.

We need a Sasuke redemption spinoff ASAP

Yes please!

phaze

Sasuke did nothing wrong though.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif
Konoha was/is a military dictatorship of a dominant minority with superpowers that rules over the commoners with brainwashed kids as their army. His only fault was finally succumbing to the power of plot armor of one brainwashed idiot and worshipping the other one.

Top Bottom