• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Welfare

Sasuke did nothing wrong though.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif
Konoha was/is a military dictatorship of of a dominant minority with superpowers that rules over the commoners with brainwashed kids as their army. His only fault was finally succumbing to the power of plot armor of one brainwashed idiot and worshipping the other one.

user222437_pic71490_1370609620_thumb.png

phaze

I love that smiley. :p

Kishi said it himself through Kakashi. You have to look underneath the underneath. When you apply it to his work, Naruto becomes a manga about impossibility of trying to change the system. And about the futility of hard work in the face of genetic superiority of 0,001 percenters.

I love that smiley. :p

Kishi said it himself through Kakashi. You have to look underneath the underneath. When you apply it to his work, Naruto becomes a manga about impossibility of trying to change the system. And about the futility of hard work in the face of genetic superiority of 0,001 percenters.

Yeah like Naruto would be anywhere meaningful without his hard training and perseverance. Same with Sasuke. You think all Uchiha claim to be prodigies....well just look at Obito when he was young lol.

If want more blatant examples Sakura has become the strongest kunoichi despite coming from a normal family. Gai caused serious damage to the 2nd strongest character in the manga through hard work alone......something not even the 5 kages could do.

Besides all this, you are missing the point. Its not about power scales. The idea is more like perseverance. Naruto never gave up on his dream to be Hokage. He never gave up on his ideals. He never gave up on his friends. He never gave up on the good of the shinobi world even in the most unlikely cases. Thats why he's the hero of the shinobi world.

phaze

Yeah like Naruto would be anywhere meaningful without his hard training and perseverance. Same with Sasuke. You think all Uchiha claim to be prodigies....well just look at Obito when he was young lol.

If want more blatant examples Sakura has become the strongest kunoichi despite coming from a normal family. Gai caused serious damage to the 2nd strongest character in the manga through hard work alone......something not even the 5 kages could do.

Besides all this, you are missing the point. Its not about power scales. The idea is more like perseverance. Naruto never gave up on his dream to be Hokage. He never gave up on his ideals. He never gave up on his friends. He never gave up on the good of the shinobi world even in the most unlikely cases. Thats why he's the hero of the shinobi world.

Hey, I'm praising Sasuke ! You're supposed to be on my side.

Obito wasn't any good until he unlocked Kamui hax and got pumped full of Hashi DNA. He's like the poster boy of unearned genetic power ups.

Is it ever stated Sakura is the strongest ? Even with that awful asspull she got in the War arc she has shown nothing to put her over Mei and Tsunade. And compared to Naruto and Sasuke she's fodder. Gai I can agree to a degree but given the restraints on his use of power, I don't think that truly counts.

I really can't recall many instances where Naruto didn't rely on Kyubii to win his fights. Kabuto and Kiba are the only other ones I can think of. Sage Mode could and should have been something that was foreshadowed, hinted and eventually earned but Naruto got it gifted to him in one week IIRC. When frigging Jiraiya worked on it for years and still didn't have it mastered. After that it's one gifted power up after another.

And of course he persevered. He's like those Japanese soldiers in jungles 50 years after the WWII ended. So brainwashed he can't even realise it. He's the hero of the Shinobi world because he propped up and refused to reform their rotten dictature. And the corrupt feudal lords by extension.

It's all there if you read between the lines.

Hey, I'm praising Sasuke ! You're supposed to be on my side.

Obito wasn't any good until he unlocked Kamui hax and got pumped full of Hashi DNA. He's like the poster boy of unearned genetic power ups.

Is it ever stated Sakura is the strongest ? Even with that awful asspull she got in the War arc she has shown nothing to put her over Mei and Tsunade. And compared to Naruto and Sasuke she's fodder. Gai I can agree to a degree but given the restraints on his use of power, I don't think that truly counts.

I really can't recall many instances where Naruto didn't rely on Kyubii to win his fights. Kabuto and Kiba are the only other ones I can think of. Sage Mode could and should have been something that was foreshadowed, hinted and eventually earned but Naruto got it gifted to him in one week IIRC. When frigging Jiraiya worked on it for years and still didn't have it mastered. After that it's one gifted power up after another.

And of course he persevered. He's like those Japanese soldiers in jungles 50 years after the WWII ended. So brainwashed he can't even realise it. He's the hero of the Shinobi world because he propped up and refused to reform their rotten dictature. And the corrupt feudal lords by extension.

It's all there if you read between the lines.

Its pretty obvious Sakura is the strongest female ninja. She accomplished Tsuande's feats at the age of 18, no doubt by 700 she is the strongest. I also don;t see how the diamond seal is an ass pull. That makes no sense. We've known for years that she's Tsunade's apprentice, you didn't think that Tsunade would not teach her student, her strongest technique?

tumblr_nmpoq5ARal1tltr42o1_540.jpg

From the movie :eek:

Sarada looks cute, Boruto what in gods name is wrong with your hair, Naruto looking like Naruto and Sasuke going for dat darker than black look.

Sarada is at the chuunin exams (will we see a fight in the movie). Guess these kids must be around 12-13.

lol at Sarada's big hair bang and Boruto's dorky face

maybe they'll look nice when animated

Edit: Also it would've been awesome if his under-shirt was purple instead of white

a way better colour contrast imho
even though it was not really lavender here the shadow kinda makes it look not white..... and for me it looked way better then his white under-shirt common variant

uhhh why did they fuck up Sarada's hair like that

lol at Sarada's big hair bang and Boruto's dorky face

maybe they'll look nice when animated

Edit: Also it would've been awesome if his under-shirt was purple instead of white

a way better colour contrast imho
even though it was not really lavender here the shadow kinda makes it look not white..... and for me it looked way better then his white under-shirt common variant

Screen_Shot_2015_04_12_at_23_47_10.jpg

Sasuke .....what have they done to you. Bolts hair is a bit too much. Sarada's eyes are too big it seems.

Sigh.....get your shit together SP.

Turok_TTZ

Screen_Shot_2015_04_12_at_23_47_10.jpg

Sasuke .....what have they done to you. Bolts hair is a bit too much. Sarada's eyes are too big it seems.

Sigh.....get your shit together SP.

Studio Pierrot, why are ye so shit?
Are they doing this on fucking purpose?
If only Naruto had been done by SHAFT or Madhouse...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The manga art will always be better. Screencaps will always do anime a disservice compared to manga caps, because manga caps are the complete product while anime caps are stills of something meant to be seen in motion. The art is definitely lacking, but it will be more forgivable on screen.

I'm not saying animators should get a free pass to draw poorly, but it's good to look on the bright side of things.

phaze

Its pretty obvious Sakura is the strongest female ninja. She accomplished Tsuande's feats at the age of 18, no doubt by 700 she is the strongest. I also don;t see how the diamond seal is an ass pull. That makes no sense. We've known for years that she's Tsunade's apprentice, you didn't think that Tsunade would not teach her student, her strongest technique?

One technique doesn't suddenly make her the strongest. Sakura was a freshly minted chunin at the start of Shippuden and hasn't shown any visible progress till that asspull. I'm sure she has improved through general osmosis but let's not kid ourselves, she was nowhere near Kage level before that.

Also Sakura didn't (unfortunately) have to recover from being cleaved in half so she didn't exactly accomplish Tsunade's feats.

It's an asspull because she pulled it out of proverbial magician's hat. It was never hinted or mentioned that she was working on that technique. Kishi just thought, "Oh shucks I'm going for a Team 7 centric ending so I probably should give Sakura some upgrade too."

Also Mei > Tsunade

Yado

One technique doesn't suddenly make her the strongest. Sakura was a freshly minted chunin at the start of Shippuden and hasn't shown any visible progress till that asspull. I'm sure she has improved through general osmosis but let's not kid ourselves, she was nowhere near Kage level before that.

Also Sakura didn't (unfortunately) have to recover from being cleaved in half so she didn't exactly accomplish Tsunade's feats.

It's an asspull because she pulled it out of proverbial magician's hat. It was never hinted or mentioned that she was working on that technique. Kishi just thought, "Oh shucks I'm going for a Team 7 centric ending so I probably should give Sakura some upgrade too."

Also Mei > Tsunade

You didn't think it was obvious that Sakura would learn Tsunade's techniques? Really? It's not like Tsunade has that many

Sai

Most everybody expected her to inherit Tsunade's Byakugō no In. It's just... It could have been alluded to better.

I would've preferred if she used it during the Sasori fight, then learned all the other sub-techniques for it as the series went on. Give her a reason to steadily keep up her pace behind Naruto and Sasuke instead of having her suddenly skyrocket to that position.

Also, Sakura was closer to the level of a Tokubetsu Jōnin at the start of Part 2. I think that goes for the vast majority of the rookies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bolt's voice is great.

Sai

They'll give her a spatula to match Kushina's frying pan. bestest team ougi evar

Just saw the Team 7 vs Jubi boss fight. For some reason I found the Hashirama vs Madara one more impressive; this one doesn't give me as big of an impression of a generational leap.

This is the last Storm game, right? Wonder if they'll continue the Narutimate series under a different title.

Welfare

They'll give her a spatula to match Kushina's frying pan. bestest team ougi evar

Just saw the Team 7 vs Jubi boss fight. For some reason I found the Hashirama vs Madara one more impressive; this one doesn't give me as big of an impression of a generational leap.

This is the last Storm game, right? Wonder if they'll continue the Narutimate series under a different title.

Naruto: Xenoverse

Top Bottom