• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

So I just happened to see this new chapter came out; completely unexpected. Does anyone have any info on these gaiden chapters? Like how long it will be and if it will be weekly? Because I am still certain that there's no way they will not go for the cash cow of making this a continuous series with this new generation.

So I just happened to see this new chapter came out; completely unexpected. Does anyone have any info on these gaiden chapters? Like how long it will be and if it will be weekly? Because I am still certain that there's no way they will not go for the cash cow of making this a continuous series with this new generation.

From what I recall 12 chapters.......then there's a movie coming out after it but there is a secret to be announced on its last week.

I would loooove a part 3.

360pages

Compare those family pictures!

tumblr_inline_nn91fytV731rvmz90_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nn91d5LWC61rvmz90_540.png

Chouji's daughter looks like a combination of fetishes gone wrong.

I find the look of his daughter and Sai's kid to be EXTREMELY weird and disturbing. They look like unnatural humans lol for some reason.

Especially next to Boruto and Sarada. I guess not everyone is blessed with the genes.

Sou Da

I find the look of his daughter and Sai's kid to be EXTREMELY weird and disturbing. They look like unnatural humans lol for some reason.

Especially next to Boruto and Sarada. I guess not everyone is blessed with the genes.

I know reasonable character design is too much to ask for but why does Boruto even have blonde, also doesn't he have a sister?

I really think Naruto is new to the job. Bolt is acting out because him and his father spent a lot of time with each other and now Naruto doesn't have time because being Hokage is hard work.

Rush_Khan

I totally saw that plot twist coming. I had my doubts, but the fact that
Sarada/Salad wears glasses and bears a striking resemblance to whatshername
led me to believe that something was up. However, it might just be plot twist within a plot twist and
Sakura is her real mother and that she just wears glasses because something something Sharingan.

Plot-twistception. Naruto's back, baby.

Just the read the better translation....as far as Sarada can remember she has never met Sasuke. So another scenario would be him leaving when she was very young.

The key line in this chapter is when Sakura says that Sarada's feelings are reaching Sasuke. In the end, when Sarada creases Sasuke's face in the picture, the real Sasuke flinches. It's similar to the epilogue where Sarada had starting talking about her father, which caused Sasuke, in a completely different location, to look back as if something was wrong.

I'm curious to what explanation Kishimoto is going to give for Sasuke's ~12 year absence. I'm also impressed that he went with this angle, since Sarada's design was obviously created similar to Karin's for this plot.

The key line in this chapter is when Sakura says that Sarada's feelings are reaching Sasuke. In the end, when Sarada creases Sasuke's face in the picture, the real Sasuke flinches. It's similar to the epilogue where Sarada had starting talking about her father, which caused Sasuke, in a completely different location, to look back as if something was wrong.

I'm curious to what explanation Kishimoto is going to give for Sasuke's ~12 year absence. I'm also impressed that he went with this angle, since Sarada's design was obviously created similar to Karin's for this plot.

Good catch. I didn't notice this.

I think Sasuke isn't a shit bag and has just been on a mission.

Unless Sasuke's been trapped in a different dimension or his daughter has a bomb that goes off if he gets near her, there's no mission he could be on that he couldn't stop by once in over a decade.

Compare those family pictures!

tumblr_inline_nn91fytV731rvmz90_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nn91d5LWC61rvmz90_540.png

Thing to note was the wedding photo was intentionally cut off....and also some people are doubting the red herring due to Kishi's inconsistencies (from what I see right now, they could be intentional).

For instance, Sasuke having taken a Team Taka photo but no Team 7 photo.....please. Now I know Kishi did this so Sarada could find a picture of Karin but still its inconsistent.

Also, Sakura fainting. I feel like Kishi did this so he would no longer have to continue the conversation between Sakura and Sarada, build tension and all that.

Yeah definitely a callback. Ultimately, I think he did a good job. People are once again hooked and lets be honest, people would not be if it was about Boruto playing hide and seek with Naruto.

Boruto thinks he has it hard.....he has no idea. Sarada has already become my favourite character in the new series closely followed by Chocho. Chocho is awesome lol

Boruto thinks he has it hard.....he has no idea. Sarada has already become my favourite character in the new series closely followed by Chocho. Chocho is awesome lol

I don't know how long this series is lasting or if he plans to do a full fledged part 3 but I kind of want Boruto to slowly become the "edgier" or "darker" kid. Not straight up evil/asshole like Sasuke. More nuanced but definitely darker and crazy and a tiny bit messed up. While Sarada is the one that becomes the Naruto of this series in that she overcomes and is the goody goody.

Ugh. So much potential and different directions a full part 3 could go. And I'm not saying to go the same as part 1 just reversed roles. Boruto will be darker but not a bad guy. But slowly overtime I'm sure there's a natural way to do it where he slowly grows apart from everybody else and everyone gives up on him. Kind of like a weird Delita/Ramza relationship between Sarada and Boruto for those who played Final Fantasy Tactics. Would also create conflict since his dad is the hokage. I feel like there could be something there. Won't ever happen but yeah.

what I am guessing is that

A) Orochimaru returns to capture Salada

B) Sakura is indeed Salada's biological mother and will be in the hospitial for most of this series due to having light headed issues (fainting)

C) Sasuke will save Salada with the help of Boruto and will later decide to stay in the village and train Boruto

D) Naruto will be too occupied facing off some monsters that Orochimaru set out upon the village to help

Bonus) that silver hair kid is evil somehow..... maybe he is the real Orochimaru and will somehow capture Salada while Boruto chases after them..... meets up with Sasuke and defeats Orochimaru

360pages

Thing to note was the wedding photo was intentionally cut off....and also some people are doubting the red herring due to Kishi's inconsistencies (from what I see right now, they could be intentional).

For instance, Sasuke having taken a Team Taka photo but no Team 7 photo.....please. Now I know Kishi did this so Sarada could find a picture of Karin but still its inconsistent.

Also, Sakura fainting. I feel like Kishi did this so he would no longer have to continue the conversation between Sakura and Sarada, build tension and all that.

Yeah definitely a callback. Ultimately, I think he did a good job. People are once again hooked and lets be honest, people would not be if it was about Boruto playing hide and seek with Naruto.

Lets be honest, Sasuke probably had more interaction and chemistry with team Taka than Team 7

Ponn

Banned
I'm like doing that ridiculous laugh at Sakura at her situation. It truly is a Lifetime movie with her. She should have went with Lee her true love.

There was part of the team 7 photo shown of Sasuke as a genin. As for the fainting, I really didn't get it. They say Sakura always had a penchant for fainting as a kid, but did that ever happen before? I don't remember that being the case at all lol.

There was part of the team 7 photo shown of Sasuke as a genin. As for the fainting, I really didn't get it. They say Sakura always had a penchant for fainting as a kid, but did that ever happen before? I don't remember that being the case at all lol.

If Kishi makes it canon it is canon

Sakura now had fainting issues:
tumblr-matae9hubj1rs6pvk.gif

dealwitit

Ponn

Banned

She was always getting knocked out in battles and by Sasuke. Does that count?

Like, what is the deal with the lack of a wedding photo. Why use a team Taka Picture? Was there legit no other pics of Sasuke?

Well if there has been a proper pic of older Sasuke with Sakura that would remove all the tension now wouldn;t it ;)

Lets be honest, Sasuke probably had more interaction and chemistry with team Taka than Team 7

lol Sasuke could not have cared less about Taka. The one time he did was when he had an image of Team 7. Real tragedy was Juugo being left out.

I don't know how long this series is lasting or if he plans to do a full fledged part 3 but I kind of want Boruto to slowly become the "edgier" or "darker" kid. Not straight up evil/asshole like Sasuke. More nuanced but definitely darker and crazy and a tiny bit messed up. While Sarada is the one that becomes the Naruto of this series in that she overcomes and is the goody goody.

Ugh. So much potential and different directions a full part 3 could go. And I'm not saying to go the same as part 1 just reversed roles. Boruto will be darker but not a bad guy. But slowly overtime I'm sure there's a natural way to do it where he slowly grows apart from everybody else and everyone gives up on him. Kind of like a weird Delita/Ramza relationship between Sarada and Boruto for those who played Final Fantasy Tactics. Would also create conflict since his dad is the hokage. I feel like there could be something there. Won't ever happen but yeah.

For that to happen he would need a motive and I can't see what that is yet. Right now his motive is just to get his Dad's full attention.

Team 7 after 698. That Team Taka picture was clearly after the war. Yeah, its another one of these inconsistencies that i think Kishi used to make the reader stay in the dark.

For that to happen he would need a motive and I can't see what that is yet. Right now his motive is just to get his Dad's full attention.
I agree that there would have to be motive but it would be easy to make him the kind of kid that admires the way Sasuke used to be in some ways. Maybe something happens on a mission to someone he knows that he could have prevented if he just acted the way he wanted to rather than following rules, etc...

Could be a million things that sets him on the path, I'm sure Kishi could think of one. I just think it would be cool considering how much of a goody goody Naruto is, and also the idea of making Boruto not a bad guy, he stays in town and does all the training and everything but he just has his own ideas. Maybe he doesn't care about being Hokage ever Maybe he takes on the role of traveling good guy like Jiraiya except not such a good guy.

Of course the plot I'm suggesting requires deft story telling and a ton of nuance, otherwise it becomes typical good vs evil stuff. But a man can dream.

I've always been of the opinion that Sarada's glasses are actually seals to keep her Sharingan in check. I think her eyes are actually too powerful for her to control yet.

360pages

I legit feel sorry for Salad, considering the fact that it probably feels awful not knowing who your dad is. For all she knew Sakura could have been a chick that Sasuke banged and left and her mother is just keeping up an act so she won't feel like an unwanted child.

We know that's not true, but think of what is going though a 12-13 year olds head.

Also it seems both Bolt and Salad are more well rounded compared to their dads.

Don't worry guys Hinata will just take custody of Salada and let her be part of the Uzumaki/Hyuuga family.... seeing as they probably have a ton of space due to being rich and what not

I kid... don't kill me

Unless Sasuke's been trapped in a different dimension or his daughter has a bomb that goes off if he gets near her, there's no mission he could be on that he couldn't stop by once in over a decade.

I know right? Especially considering how strong he is. Naruto is LITERALLY his only threat. Any mission he does should take less than a day MAX

Furyous

Why is she wearing glasses when Sasuke didn't need glasses? Is Karin Sarada's parent?

All I want is the rebirth of Akatsuki. We need an explanation for what happened to Kabuto as well. Sasuke is so cool he doesn't smile even when his child is born. We need more Akamaru as well.

What official Team Taka photo are people talking about? There's a team 7 photo but I somehow don't remember Sasuke stopping to take a photo with his team.

The curse seal made Anko's metabolism higher. That's the only explanation I have for her current appearance.

Why is Sakura a housewife? This is the same person that is responsible for saving the world. I'd think she'd be hokage before Naruto. Without her help the alliance loses the war during the early part of the second day.

What are these kids going to do when they find out what their parents did as younger ninja?Predict their reactions below.

Salada's glasses could be some seal thing or a symptom of some seal (as in the seal has weakened her eyes dramatically)

seeing as her Father unlocked such OP eyes she likely had too powerful eyes as a child and likely had to be sealed as a precaution for her health

Rush_Khan

Salada's glasses could be some seal thing or a symptom of some seal (as in the seal has weakened her eyes dramatically)

seeing as her Father unlocked such OP eyes she likely had too powerful eyes as a child and likely had to be sealed as a precaution for her health

Like Cyclops from X-Men?

T'Zariah

Banned
So the fantasy of SS headcanons are proven false. He was never around for over a decade and some change.

Jesus. You oculdn't rekt a pairing harder if you tried.

:lol

360pages

Still nice to know that Naruto and his family seem to have a decent relationship. Even if Naruto is busy, and it seems Bolt understands that a bit more than he use to.

Holy shit.

This chapter was GOLD.

hahahaha

Sarada hasn't met her father ONCE?!

You can't make this shit up if you tried.

Better translation was sarada saying she can't remember ever meeting her father.

I've always been of the opinion that Sarada's glasses are actually seals to keep her Sharingan in check. I think her eyes are actually too powerful for her to control yet.

Actually, saw a theory that pointed out how Sarada's eyes look like Sasuke's when he was going blind

tumblr_inline_nn9df45tcv1qdv2jc_540.png

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hahahahahahhaah the gaiden chapter was amazing, keep this shit coming Kishimoto. This is GOLD.

It'll be amazing if Sarada was Karin's daughter all along. Hilarious. Kishimoto couldn't shit on Sakura anymore even if he wanted, hot damn!!

360pages

Better translation was sarada saying she can't remember ever meeting her father.

Actually, saw a theory that pointed out how Sarada's eyes look like Sasuke's when he was going blind

tumblr_inline_nn9df45tcv1qdv2jc_540.png

To be fair, that is pretty much the same thing. He might have been their when she was born. (For some reason he didn't take a picture of her, with her mother,) but I doubt that really counts.

Fucking Kishimoto. I've haven't being paying attention to anything Naruto after ready chapter 700. And here I am, all I can think about is delicious uchiha drama.

When is Naruto The Last being released here in the states?

The mission could be somewhere far. Like across the sea or something like that. Honestly we've seen all of the other villages. If Kis makes a part 3 he might take it to places away from the Hidden Village world.

harmonize

Fucking Kishimoto. I've haven't being paying attention to anything Naruto after ready chapter 700. And here I am, all I can think about is delicious uchiha drama.
seriously

i thought i quit this shit cold turkey until today, guess that's why it's happening in the first place.

Still nice to know that Naruto and his family seem to have a decent relationship. Even if Naruto is busy, and it seems Bolt understands that a bit more than he use to.

yup

Bolt likely didn't like the fact that his Father who proably spended a ton of time with him was now overly busy since he became hokage...... some time has passed since then and it seems that Bolt now understands the situation

Salada's family chemistry though........ :/

I don't like Sakura for a second but Sasuke needs to dedicate himself to his daughter form now on

Trey

What stakes could you possibly bring up when free will across planet earth was jeopardized and the God/mother of chakra itself was defeated?

Top Bottom