• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Fun chapter.Chou Chou is kind of annoying now but well see how she develops.

Kinda excited to see adult Sasuke and Naruto team up and wreck shit.

GulAtiCa

"Sasuke" and "charge phone".. Never thought I see that line in this manga. lol. Though makes sense that tech would evolve a decent bit since last arc (since been like what, 12 to 15 years?)

And of Naruto not knowing Sarada is behind him, to be fair this is Naruto we are talking about. He might know, but would kinda be silly to let her tail along if it's such of grave importance. He is likely a lot smarter then we was, but he is likely still a little dense :p At least until he goes into sage mode.

I like this new "part 3".

Bam

Banned
I'd be down for a series starring Sarada with Chou Chou at her side. Just going on adventures and exploring the ninja world.

I'm already in love with this soap opera, I mean manga.

Seriously, I like Sarada and I hope she is the protagonist we deserve. The fact that Sasuke is still an asshole amuses me, I knew it from the beginning, poor Sakura and Sarada. lol

That Mitsuki kid I bet it's Gaara's son.

And wait.. More Uchihas.. Kishimoto still has his sharingan fetish.

Oh what, Kishi will be at NYCC this year?

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/05/naruto-s-masashi-kishimoto-announced-for-new-york-comic-con/

Maybe I can go and ask him why he hates Sakura so much.

It's really heart warming to see Sasuke is still in contact with the person he truly cares about.

The funniest bit is when Sasuke sensed the enemy and turned his sharingan off loool. Celebi confirmed to be fodder.

So it truly is a continuation from the original.

lmao. Good to have this manga back.

Frog-fu

Banned
Interesting chapter.

Mitsuki is probably one of the baddies. Dunno how Naruto wouldn't have sensed his malice if that's true, but whatever, for the plot I guess.

Sasuke fodderising mofos like nothing.

I wonder what these "undeveloped" countries are Sasuke is traveling through. Maybe it's like the Dark Contintent in HxH? That'd be interesting. The world definitely has to expand, that's for sure.

CrazyDude

Interesting chapter.

Mitsuki is probably one of the baddies. Dunno how Naruto wouldn't have sensed his malice if that's true, but whatever, for the plot I guess.

Sasuke fodderising mofos like nothing.

I wonder what these "undeveloped" countries are Sasuke is traveling through. Maybe it's like the Dark Contintent in HxH? That'd be interesting. The world definitely has to expand, that's for sure.

Or Mitsui is a reformed baddie.

It feels so fucking good to read new chapters. In those months without Naruto, I realized that they will never be a 1to1 series replacement.

Sai

Sarada being Karin daughter is pretty much confirmed I guess?
Y'all lovin' this easily accessible bait. How's it taste? :p

All of this stuff—Sarada's obscured birth, Karin's glasses, Orochimaru, and these "Uchiha"—are likely related. It's kind of neat that Kishimoto took advantage of all the fan outrage to stir up suspense for a story that probably would've been as stale as paste otherwise.

... Only to bring about more harassment to his assistant(s) from Sasuke x Karin weirdos once it reaches the obvious conclusion. :p

Exactly Kishimoto isn't a moron, he isn't just going to drop a bomb like that and solve it next chapter. He is going to make a personal adventure out of it. Funny how bolt didn't even appeared on this chapter.

Welfare

For all we know Sasuke and Sakura can't have a child through normal means. With the mysterious Uchiha in this chapter possibly being an Orochimaru experiment, who's to say Sarada isn't one?

It would explain why there are no records of Sarada's birth, because there was no "birth". Sasuke probably asked Orochimaru for a favor and make him and Sakura a child because they can't.

Sai

Kishimoto said in a recent interview that Sarada was the protagonist of this mini-series, or something along those lines.

Yado

For all we know Sasuke and Sakura can't have a child through normal means. With the mysterious Uchiha in this chapter possibly being an Orochimaru experiment, who's to say Sarada isn't one?

It would explain why there are no records of Sarada's birth, because there was no "birth". Sasuke probably asked Orochimaru for a favor and make him and Sakura a child because they can't.

This doesn't make any sense. Sasuke asked Orochimaru to make a kid (because clearly he's soooo interested in being a dad) and then abandoned it?

Welfare

This doesn't make any sense. Sasuke asked Orochimaru to make a kid (because clearly he's soooo interested in being a dad) and then abandoned it?

We don't know what Sasuke is doing though. It's not like he straight up left to never return.

Theres an interesting theory on /r/Naruto about Salad's origin

Maybe Salad was attacked soon after birth and her eyes were stolen. Karin ended up donating her eyes to her, which is why Salad also has her glasses. Karin is now either dead or living life somewhere in solitude getting her Toph on. Meanwhile, Sasuke is looking all over trying to get her eyes back. Celebi might be the one that ended up getting those eyes implanted, which shocked Sasuke.

If true, that would actually be kind of cool / touching.

Did Sasuke forms seals while holding the sword? If so, that was awesome.

One handed seals on the fly.

Sarada being Karin daughter is pretty much confirmed I guess?

tumblr_nnyv4jEfgq1ro9r2lo1_540.jpg

xD. This is too good. Can you see it? Or is your vision fogging up ;)

so much fan art with Sasuke and phones now 0_0

Yado

We don't know what Sasuke is doing though. It's not like he straight up left to never return.

Ok, let's say he's off doing this super special secret mission that means he can't contact his kid/wife. Why would he ask Orochimaru to make a kid before that? What are the benefits of that?
Sasuke just wanted a kid that badly?

Maybe Salad was attacked soon after birth and her eyes were stolen. Karin ended up donating her eyes to her, which is why Salad also has her glasses. Karin is now either dead or living life somewhere in solitude getting her Toph on. Meanwhile, Sasuke is looking all over trying to get her eyes back. Celebi might be the one that ended up getting those eyes implanted, which shocked Sasuke.

This is ridiculous and absolutely implausible.

In this theory Karin is her mom right?...because why else would she donate her eyes? Why exactly wouldn't she be able to raise her kid while Sasuke traveled the world looking for eyes?

Ok, let's say he's off doing this super special secret mission that means he can't contact his kid/wife. Why would he ask Orochimaru to make a kid before that? What are the benefits of that?

The only thin we know is that Sarada, as far as she can remember has never met Sasuke. Come on people its not hard. This is chapter 2, we ain't going to get answers for some time.

brinstar

Karin has red eyes, Sarada's eyes are black.

This is ridiculous and absolutely implausible.

In this theory Karin is her mom right?...because why else would she donate her eyes? Why exactly wouldn't she be able to raise her kid while Sasuke traveled the world looking for eyes?

Nah,
she'd still be Sakura's kid but Karin still probably had feelings for Sasuke. With how much she fawned over the Sauce, I can imagine her making that sacrifice.

Or maybe it was similar to Naruto's birth. Karin was gravely injured fending off the attackers who managed to steal Salad's eyes. She donated her eyes before dying.

I like the second theory more.

Karin has red eyes, Sarada's eyes are black.

Ah right, forgot about that.

Yado

The only thin we know is that Sarada, as far as she can remember has never met Sasuke. Come on people its not hard. This is chapter 2, we ain't going to get answers for some time.

Yeah but we can still debunk theories in the meantime:p

I just find it extremely out of character for Sasuke to:

1: Ask someone to do him a favour
2: Ask Orochimaru to do him a favour
3: Ask for a baby???

I just find it extremely out of character for Sasuke to:

1: Ask someone to do him a favour
2: Ask Orochimaru to do him a favour
3: Ask for a baby???

Yeah cause thats worked out sooo well hasn't it.....no one expected a Sharingan kid or another Akatsuki member and nothing Sasuke did this chapter was OOC (asking Orohcimaru for favours.....wut)

Furyous

Interesting chapter.

It's probably a mission to make sure none of those countries turn into hidden rain and become the headquarters of another organization like Akatsuki.

Uchihas causing shit again? What a surprise!!!

#Tobiramawasright

LOL there's like three of them now: Sasuke, Sakura hero from the war, and their daughter Sarada. Sasuke's been on a 12 year mission making amends.

---

Random stuff from the chapter that stood out:

Shikamaru knows both ninja are listening of course Naruto knows and remember the ANBU are on deck as well so they know.

LOL at ChouChou thinking Karui isn't her mom and Chouji isn't her dad. I'm with whoever wanted a spinoff of them going around learning about the world. It could be a girls romcom spinoff.

Akatsuki is BACK! .... At least in theory but we all know this is more than likely Kabuto or another Zetsu underling trying to revive UMAD's dream. If the guy that attacked Sasuke is a legit Uchiha then there is a possible explanation: somehow another Uchiha survived the massacre and stayed hidden, found out what really happened to Itachi and stayed hidden long enough to build power to come back with a vengeance.

The emo Uchiha tradition continues! Sarada is like Sasuke but more open to emotions and actually accepting friends. We know she's Sakura's daughter because Sarada has friends and talks to people. Karin hated everyone besides Sasuke. Karin's glasses probably had some type of ninja reason for existence. Now that I think about Sarada is kind of frightening because her mother has the strength and medical knowledge while her father is the god Uchiha emo ninja king of dizaster. This means she has access to all of Orochimaru's, Akatsuki's, and Tobi's hidden bases.

Mitsuki seems like a disciple of Orochimaru. Orochimaru is alive somewhere living life. We need a year of post world building status updates from Kishi anyway.

Syntsui

All of this stuff—Sarada's obscured birth, Karin's glasses, Orochimaru, and these "Uchiha"—are likely related. It's kind of neat that Kishimoto took advantage of all the fan outrage to stir up suspense for a story that probably would've been as stale as paste otherwise.

... Only to bring about more harassment to his assistant(s) from Sasuke x Karin weirdos once it reaches the obvious conclusion. :p

This is ''Tobi is Obito'' all over again. Disgunstingly obvious from beginning, but some non believers just couldn't take it. Then Kishi trolled with the Madara stuff, just to , in the end, prove that everyone was right.

360pages

In 2 chapters Kishi created 2 female characters that already more interesting than Sakura.

Actually, I'd say they are both more interesting than the previous cast. Mostly because neither of them seem boy obsessed. That and they aren't introduced my insult an orphan.

Ponn

Banned

That's all fine and good but it's just that its all, AGAIN, at Sakura's expense. I mean, has there been any other manga/anime character shat upon as bad as Sakura is treated by kishi? Yamcha, maybe, but what kind of bar are we setting there.

360pages

Despite his attitude, I think Bolt should still be the lead. Mostly because having a spoiled MC might be a little more interesting seeing contrast between him and Naruto.

Erigu

You can try, anyway! Because if the problem with those theories about the secret of Sarada's birth is that they don't make sense, keep in mind that the secret of Naruto's birth didn't either. ^^

Despite his attitude, I think Bolt should still be the lead.
Sarada's the lead this time around because this just serves as a prologue to the upcoming movie. She'll be useless when it counts, don't worry!

This is ''Tobi is Obito'' all over again. Disgunstingly obvious from beginning, but some non believers just couldn't take it. Then Kishi trolled with the Madara stuff, just to , in the end, prove that everyone was right.

Oh apparently not so because so many people are genuinely falling for it xD

That's all fine and good but it's just that its all, AGAIN, at Sakura's expense. I mean, has there been any other manga/anime character shat upon as bad as Sakura is treated by kishi? Yamcha, maybe, but what kind of bar are we setting there.

Things aren't as they seem......I'd wait till the end (or till we get some answers) before making assumptions.

Top Bottom