• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Itachi was a strange character. Like I think if he was still around now, there would be something pulled out to make him not look like a scrub compared to the ridiculousness of Naruto and Sasuke. Edo Itachi with Sasuke's sword came out looking much better in that Kabuto fight than Sasuke with Itachi's eyes for example.

As for the Hyuga clan, Hanabi really needed so much more development. Her and Hinata could've been a nicer and different sister version of Itachi and Sasuke.

There's nothing strange with Itachi, just plot protection from Kishimoto. After he died the power levels skyrocketed, so you have Edo Itachi keeping up with Kyuubi mode Naruto in taijutsu. Despite him being leagues faster than Orosuku (which matched itachi power). After Edo Itachi died again, once again the power levels went to the stratosphere. But yeah, had him being brought back one more thing I'm sure he would be equal to Sasuke in some way, but that's just bad writing.

aly

There's nothing strange with Itachi, just plot protection from Kishimoto. After he died the power levels skyrocketed, so you have Edo Itachi keeping up with Kyuubi mode Naruto in taijutsu. Despite him being leagues faster than Orosuku (which matched itachi power). After Edo Itachi died again, once again the power levels went to the stratosphere. But yeah, had him being brought back one more thing I'm sure he would be equal to Sasuke in some way, but that's just bad writing.

Yeah, I meant strange in that plot protection kept him more relevant than should be technically possible. Kishi would have a hard time making Itachi look bad.

Itachi the true Hokage is better than all.

They should have a monument for the dude.

So maybe I missed it, but was the truth about all of that kept secret ?

360pages

To be fair, the Anime filler made it seem the only reason Hinata lost to her was because she hesitated in punching her 8-9 year old sister in her face. Which would be hilarious if that is what they went with.

Yeah, I meant strange in that plot protection kept him more relevant than should be technically possible. Kishi would have a hard time making Itachi look bad.

So maybe I missed it, but was the truth about all of that kept secret ?
Only a handfull of people know the truth about Itachi.

aly

Only a handfull of people know the truth about Itachi.

This really annoys me for some reason. Like I understand why, but I feel like changing the system means showing the ugly side of it including what discrimination, arrogance, letting kids be killers, and corrupt leadership could cause. But right now, nothing about the system has changed and people are still ignorant about their own village. I guess I want too much out of it.

Hyuga's have that Tenseigan upgrade though

I wouldn't be shocked if Bolt gets this upgrade later on

No Hyuuga's don't have that upgrade.....you have to part of the Ootsuki clan and have the Byakugan and that clan apparently lives on a different planet.

Itachi the true Hokage is better than all.

They should have a monument for the dude.

So should. Even after everything he would still protect the Leaf with his life.

Khezu

Wait wut, HInata got a power up similar to Sasuke and Naruto, but with the other brother?
And can now fly like Naruto?

And she is also regulated to house wife?

Naruto and Sasuke Too OP. If other villages were smart they will kill one of their kids. Make sure they don't get together

if other villages are smart, they'll start practicing eugenics like Hiashi, why do you think Chouji suddenly get together with Karui, it's a plant by Raikage I tell you, any chapter now you'll see Chocho hitting on Bolt.

Wait wut, HInata got a power up similar to Sasuke and Naruto, but with the other brother?
And can now fly like Naruto?

And she is also regulated to house wife?

Wut....didn't she just get a chakra boost? Naruto can fly?

Talking about eugenics, if you mix Asura and Indra chakra you get a kid born with the rinnegan.....is that really the best though? Wouldn't the sharingan be non existent in the child......I'd rather have EMS than rinnegan, though getting EMS is very dark.

Khezu

Wut....didn't she just get a chakra boost? Naruto can fly?

Talking about eugenics, if you mix Asura and Indra chakra you get a kid born with the rinnegan.....is that really the best though? Wouldn't the sharingan be non existent in the child......I'd rather have EMS than rinnegan, though getting EMS is very dark.

I have no idea, I just read the plot summary and the wiki page from google.

Says what his face showed up, gave her charka, and it turned her chakra a different color and she can give it to people, and it lets her fly, similar to Naruto's floaty bullshit he gained from having all the chakra from the tailed beasts.

phaze

Danzo was going to act regardless.

Not if either of the two braindead Uchiha ninjas would talk to the Hokage about his actions. "He sabotaged my actions and stole my eye from me !", "He ordered me to kill the entire clan behind your back." but nooo let's jump off the cliff for no reason, that will surely make things better.

Goddamit Shisui/Itachi.

I have no idea, I just read the plot summary and the wiki page from google.

Says what his face showed up, gave her charka, and it turned her chakra a different color and she can give it to people, and it lets her fly, similar to Naruto's floaty bullshit he gained from having all the chakra from the tailed beasts.

I've come across this debate (fly vs float) so many times. People say that Madara and Naruto can float while something like Sasuke's Susano can truly fly.

I wouldn't read too much of what the Wiki says, sometimes it extrapolates stuff. I haven't seen the movie either so I dunno.

Not if either of the two braindead Uchiha ninjas would talk to the Hokage about his actions. "He sabotaged my actions and stole my eye from me !", "He ordered me to kill the entire clan behind your back." but nooo let's jump off the cliff for no reason, that will surely make things better.

Goddamit Shisui/Itachi.

Shisui could of saved the entire world....but then Danzo somehow ( I call BS) plucks his eyes right out of his socket. I'm guessing Shisui was on the run after that and the time between the two events were really small.

Happy Mother's Day Narubros. I hope to see some funny Sakura pictures and heartwarming Kushina ones.

Here you go ^^

tumblr_no3vbdJIQ31rjnjmxo2_r1_1280.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50299868

tumblr_no4aeskHao1u9fli6o1_1280.jpg

Zeroth

Thinking about it, we still don't know the details regarding how Madara gave Nagato his eyes. I wonder if the new villain will explore that

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What Itachi did wasn't really heroic, it was tragic. Yes, he didn't want to do it, and yes, he sacrificed everything he ever loved for what he considered to be the greater good, but the fact remains that he also murdered many innocent people, including women and children. The only reason he spared Sasuke was because he couldn't bring himself to kill him, and leaving him alive screwed him up for life.

Itachi is a gentle and noble soul placed in a situation where those traits caused him to do something terrible. He's a victim of circumstance. His love for peace was so great that he was willing to go to extreme lengths to protect it. In most circumstances, a person like him would go on to become a hero and a leader. In the circumstances he was placed in, he became a villain.

Still a great guy at heart, but what he did isn't nearly as black and white as people tend to portray it as. And I mean this in regards to both sides of the spectrum - he wasn't a hero, and he wasn't a monster, despite people tending to see him as one or the other.

Yeah I'm pretty sure, getting stabbed to dead is painfully as all fuck.
I'm sure a master shinobi like him would know where to strike to kill people instantly.

What Itachi did wasn't heroic because he wasn't doing it to be a hero but that level of sacrifice is insane. He is The Boss of the Naruto-verse and Sasuke was Big Boss (except Sasuke can't really beat a healthy Itachi lol).

The only reason he spared Sasuke was because he couldn't bring himself to kill him, and leaving him alive screwed him up for life.
I don't think that's right. If I'm remembering properly, sparing Sasuke was part of the deal. Basically it was a "look, your clan is absolutely fucked. But if you're the one that fucks them we'll let you spare your kid brother". And he took that deal. That way the Uchiha name can live on, and their clan isn't more stained than they already were, AND they don't go completely extinct in some war with the leaf village.

He is truly the hero the leaf village deserves, but not the one it needed. Inb4 "there was a chance for peace!!!".

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't think that's right. If I'm remembering properly, sparing Sasuke was part of the deal. Basically it was a "look, your clan is absolutely fucked. But if you're the one that fucks them we'll let you spare your kid brother". And he took that deal. That way the Uchiha name can live on, and their clan isn't more stained than they already were, AND they don't go completely extinct in some war with the leaf village.
That's essentially the same thing, though, it just changes the time that he made the decision that Sasuke wasn't someone he could bring himself to kill. Deciding this before he started the massacre instead of during doesn't change the same basic fact.

CDiggity

Since Mother's Day was today, I'm curious to see how big a dump the story will take on Sakura since it always seems like that happens in fiction.

Itachi had options:

- Side with Uchiha and take over Konoha (could lead to inter village war and Konoha falling, innocents dying, brother survives though)
- Side with Konoha/takes Danzo's ultimatum (konoha saved, brother saved, every other Uchiha dead).

Itachi never wanted to kill innocent Uchiha kids or his family. You can see how painful it was for him to do it....but he had to otherwise far worse things would of happened. He did the dark deeds, took Konoha's hate even though he was their saviour, and took the burden of torturing Sasuke (the one he loved the most) to ensure he would always hate him and not betray Konoha. Think about that. He killed his own clan, his own family, tortured his brother to the point of Sasuke living to kill him, lived a life where Konoha hated him....all for the safety of Konoha and his brother. Iirc he was also the insider that Konoha used to get details on Akatsuki.

Itachi failed on several things though. He underestimated Sasuke's love for him or had no plan B to what would happen if Sasuke found the truth. He also was unable to catch onto who Tobi really was and what Akatsuki was really after (although that would be incredibly hard and at that point he was already dying).

I maintain that he was a hero.

Itachi had options:

- Side with Uchiha and take over Konoha (could lead to inter village war and Konoha falling, innocents dying, brother survives though)
- Side with Konoha/takes Danzo's ultimatum (konoha saved, brother saved, every other Uchiha dead).

Itachi never wanted to kill innocent Uchiha kids or his family. You can see how painful it was for him to do it....but he had to otherwise far worse things would of happened. He did the dark deeds, took Konoha's hate even though he was their saviour, and took the burden of torturing Sasuke (the one he loved the most) to ensure he would always hate him and not betray Konoha. Think about that. He killed his own clan, his own family, tortured his brother to the point of Sasuke living to kill him, lived a life where Konoha hated him....all for the safety of Konoha and his brother. Iirc he was also the insider that Konoha used to get details on Akatsuki.

Itachi failed on several things though. He underestimated Sasuke's love for him or had no plan B to what would happen if Sasuke found the truth. He also was unable to catch onto who Tobi really was and what Akatsuki was really after (although that would be incredibly hard and at that point he was already dying).

There is no way in hellllllllllllllll the Uchiha would have won that war even with Itachi on their side so I don't think that was ever an option. Danzo is a cunt but he was a brutal realist when he laid out the outcomes. All that would happen is the uchiha name would become even more hated and they would all be exterminated.

SolVanderlyn

There is no way in hellllllllllllllll the Uchiha would have won that war even with Itachi on their side so I don't think that was ever an option. Danzo is a cunt but he was a brutal realist when he laid out the outcomes. All that would happen is the uchiha name would become even more hated and they would all be exterminated.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fugaku had plans to bring in shinobi from other countries to help him. It's not like Konoha didn't have plenty of enemies likely willing to support an Uchiha coup. Pure speculation, but still very likely.

On that note, I've said it before, but Sasuke's dad is way underutilized. He's Madara's direct ancestor, head of one of, if not the, strongest clan in the village, mastered his Sharingan, is confident enough to challenge the entire village with his coup, and is from the same generation as Minato. We never see him do anything. Except die.

Yeah there was now ay they were going to win....most likely another village would of attacked them in the midst of their civil war.

Danzo is a fucking idiot and deserved to die. Due to his lack of trust in Shisui he screwed everything over. S class asshole.

Don't blame Itachi for killing off the clan, but did he need to mind fuck his brother. I think not

Yo dat psychological damage.

tumblr_inline_no3iznZTjU1svlxww_540.jpg

Itachi had options:

He did have a plan B for Sasuke, the crow was supposed to brainwash in case Sasuke learned the truth and went psycho.

He even had a hail mary plan C in Naruto who he entrusted Sasuke to.

aly

Sasuke's reaction to Karin touching him....and some of you guys still think Sasuke would get with Karin
0a055ee74d.png

To be honest, while not really disgust, I can't see how any of his actions/reactions would say he would get with Sakura either. Like if the manga had ended with Sasuke still a bachelor sitting in a tree in the woods, then it would have honestly made the most sense without any leaps or assumptions needed to be made.

As for Itachi, I don't really see him as a hero or a villain. I don't even think it would be a problem if it wasn't his family and all of a group of people. His job was to kill people on orders and he did it. The end.

To be honest, while not really disgust, I can't see how any of his actions/reactions would say he would get with Sakura either. Like if the manga had ended with Sasuke still a bachelor sitting in a tree in the woods, then it would have honestly made the most sense without any leaps or assumptions needed to be made.

As for Itachi, I don't really see him as a hero or a villain. I don't even think it would be a problem if it wasn't his family and all of a group of people. His job was to kill people on orders and he did it. The end.

I disagree in both cases.

Hinata can fly (or maybe float)

in the end of the movie both her and Naruto had their first kiss floating in the Earth's sky (not the moons since they left that prior to the kiss)

and to get Tenseigan you don't need to be a Otsutsuki per say but you'd just have to merge Hamura chakra and Hagoromo chakra and a pure byakugan together like how the Rinnegan needs Senju DNA

Toneri's clan had byakugans as well but they had to sacrifice them to right after their birth in order to fuel some super weapon that also powers their moon's fake atmosphere

Hinata can fly (or maybe float)

in the end of the movie both her and Naruto had their first kiss floating in the Earth's sky (not the moons since they left that prior to the kiss)

and to get Tenseigan you don't need to be a Otsutsuki you'd just have to merge Hamura chakra and a pure byakugan together like how the Rinnegan needs Senju DNA

Toneri's clan had byakugans as well but they had to sacrifice them to right after their birth in order to fuel some super weapon that also powers their moon's fake atmosphere

thats wrong

you need Asura and Indra chakra for Rinnegan
you need Ootsuki chakra and a pure byakugan for Tenseigan. Toneri was the last Ootsuki (?) so it will die with him.

Also I'd say thats floating.....like what Pain did.

thats wrong
you need Asura and Indra chakra for Rinnegan

yeah that is what I mean..... Madara and Hashirama are their reincarnates so when Madara mastered the Sharigan to its highest pinnacle and then later merged his cells with Hashirama's he unlocked the capability

you need Ootsuki chakra and a pure byakugan
what I meant by my statement is that in order to qualify as a Ootsuki you need both chakra genes of Hagoromo and Hamura (I forgot the Hagoromo part and edited it in my post I believe after you quoted me but before you posted your post .... my bad)

Naruto had Hagoromo chakra after that last power up and (not all the capabilities but still) and Hinata has Hamura chakra so Kishi could make it possible for the children
Also I'd say thats floating.....like what Pain did.

flying is just adding propulsion/force towards your floating/gliding ability while maintain altitude

if Hinata and Naruto can float they just need to have a push to start flying...... easily possible for someone who can do palm air canons like Hinata

and Naruto demonstrated his ability to use his chakra as a form of propulsion

Top Bottom