• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

360pages

It's weird how fast these chapters are moving, mostly because of the 13 chapter limit. I can understand Bolt's frustration, though they probably could catch up.

Honestly, Salad and ChouChou should be on a team, and Bolt get someone else.

Bolt tried to cover up how much it affected him but Sarada saw right through it because she probably knows all about Bolt's antics to get his fathers attention. She tells him that even if he doesn't hand it the message that is there with the making of the bento will be carried to Naruto. Bolt's probably wondering why Sarada cares so much. Well its because Sarada can relate and recognises that Bolt's situation is far less severe so why is he wasting such opportunities....she would never in her case.

Thanks, that's what I was feeling. Although I didn't get why everyone got so tense over that. Seemed like Burrito was gonna punch her with that glare. lol

I can see Kishi building some love tension between those two.

Gonna repeat what others are saying, Sarada has been a damn good protagonist thus far. She avoids nearly every shounen trope in the book, has an interesting story with the question of her parentage and a good design. They keep this up and as far as I'm concerned she can stay the lead instead of Bolt.

Don't screw it up Kishi.
He'll probably screw it up. :(
Listen to this man.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's weird how fast these chapters are moving, mostly because of the 13 chapter limit. I can understand Bolt's frustration, though they probably could catch up.

Honestly, Salad and ChouChou should be on a team, and Bolt get someone else.
Nah, Sarada and Chocho remind me Naruto/Shikamaru. They have the sister/sister relationship, which is a bit different than the kind of relationship you form with a teammate.

The best friends are ones you don't share responsibilities with.

I believe the new Team will be Boruto-Sarada-Mitsuki

Boruto and Sarada will have romantic tension and Mitsuki will make awkward remarks about it.

You know its coming.

I'm down for this. Mitsuki looks like a bro so he would be a dope wingman. He already has a lot of awareness.

Thanks, that's what I was feeling. Although I didn't get why everyone got so tense over that. Seemed like Burrito was gonna punch her with that glare. lol

I can see Kishi building some love tension between those two.

Listen to this man.

Oh yeah that stare down

tumblr_nobwrlAa571tlhz57o1_400.jpg
tumblr_nobwrlAa571tlhz57o2_400.jpg

tumblr_nobwrlAa571tlhz57o3_400.jpg
tumblr_nobwrlAa571tlhz57o4_400.jpg

Bolt was angry that Sarada was trying for him but then he has a face of confusion because he doesn't really understand what Sarada is saying when she talks about herself. There's no love tension between them there lol

Best panel from this chapter
tumblr_nobv0vJjKN1rtww5qo1_500.jpg

and then Chocho's reaction.

Mr Git

Really like Sarada and I'm very intrigued as to who cloaked sharingan user is. I thought initially it might've been Karin. It's really nice reading Naruto on Thursdays again. Thursdays weren't the same.

Really like Sarada and I'm very intrigued as to who cloaked sharingan user is. I thought initially it might've been Karin. It's really nice reading Naruto on Thursdays again. Thursdays weren't the same.

Yeah and I'm really starting to like this series....its brings back memories of Part 1 Naruto, especially due to the humour ChoCho brings.

Yeah and I'm really starting to like this series....its brings back memories of Part 1 Naruto, especially due to the humour ChoCho brings.

It's seriously the best it's ever been in years. I actually care what might happen next. Kishi really knocks it out of the park when the focus is on a handful of characters.

Welfare

Damn Uchiha's and their need to come back from the dead to fuck shit up.

I doubt it's Shisui, but someone that may be using a dead Sharingan? Those black rods could be chakra receivers to reactivate the Sharingan.

phaze

By the mouth? I think that's grapsing for Straws here right now.

lol For a short moment I thought you two were the same person.

The nose looks similar too but I really hope just this once, people died when they were killed.

Sasuke has problems with a guy who can't deal with academy students. Scrub level confirmed.

Dartastic

So, I haven't been following what's been going on after 700. Is there just 13 more chapters then it's done for good? What is going on?

Nightbird

So, I haven't been following what's been going on after 700. Is there just 13 more chapters then it's done for good? What is going on?

It will most likey go on after that since there will be a huge Announcement after this Mini-Series is done.

It's purpose is probably to introduce everyone, and to give everyone a Idea what the Story will be about

Just read it. Lmao Naruto could probably eye fuck this Shin guy to death. Doesn't even have to touch him.

Anyone just loved that last page with Naruto? What a hokage!
So happy to see him beasting and confident and in his prime.
I know man. I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would too. Need part 3 ;_;

Just read it. Lmao Naruto could probably eye fuck this Shin guy to death. Doesn't even have to touch him.

So happy to see him beasting and confident and in his prime.

I know man. I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would too. Need part 3 ;_;

Yo leave this Shin kid alone. He's already been beaten by Sasuke, he doesn't need another ass whopping by the hokage.

DedValve

Banned
I was really mad when I heard Sarada was taking the lead and Uchiha's where making a comeback but I have to say Sarada is a breath of fresh air.

She's not in love with Bolt (which seemed to be so heavily hinted at in 700) and her friendship with ChouChou is really great. Something that I felt Naruto always lacked was meaningful friendships. Sure he had some great friends but rarely a chance to just lay back with them outside of Jiraiya whose in a completely different generation. The interactions between Sarada and ChouChou are great and I hope they don't get separated.

Also it dawned on me that despite a heavy amount of Naruto and surprisingly light amount of Bolt (I don't recall him being in chapter 2 at all) this manga is led by 2 females, 1 of them half black (whose actually dark skinned) in a manga where females always ended up doing nothing or primary black characters where pretty stereotypical and light skinned. What a reversal.

EDIT: Whose the kid that hangs with bolt? The one in the white/black uniform?

CrazyDude

I was really mad when I heard Sarada was taking the lead and Uchiha's where making a comeback but I have to say Sarada is a breath of fresh air.

She's not in love with Bolt (which seemed to be so heavily hinted at in 700) and her friendship with ChouChou is really great. Something that I felt Naruto always lacked was meaningful friendships. Sure he had some great friends but rarely a chance to just lay back with them outside of Jiraiya whose in a completely different generation. The interactions between Sarada and ChouChou are great and I hope they don't get separated.

Also it dawned on me that despite a heavy amount of Naruto and surprisingly light amount of Bolt (I don't recall him being in chapter 2 at all) this manga is led by 2 females, 1 of them half black (whose actually dark skinned) in a manga where females always ended up doing nothing or primary black characters where pretty stereotypical and light skinned. What a reversal.

EDIT: Whose the kid that hangs with bolt? The one in the white/black uniform?

His name Mizuki, he is new to the village and he is going to be part of the Sarada and Bolt team in the movie.

DedValve

Banned
His name Mizuki, he is new to the village and he is going to be part of the Sarada and Bolt team in the movie.

Does the movie take place after the 13 chapter manga? I'm assuming so since its teams.

Sucks that ChouChou and Sarada aren't on the same team. Their interactions are awesome.

I-hate-u

Yeah, when did he ever do that?

Shisui (well, probably an alternate version of him, I guess?) was supposed to be the masked big bad, in Kishimoto's original plot for Road to Ninja. Maybe he's recycling the idea?

Basically the Obito plot like Psycho_Mantis has mentioned.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If it's Shisui, I will stop reading Naruto forever.

Actually I will just get really mad at the forced "look, it's X guy you know from before" trope and fume about it before reading the next chapter in a week.

360pages

ChouChou and Sarada have shown they are far better than Ino and Sakura at the same age along with their character interactions.

there's a new translation out, I understand the bento scene a bit more than the previous translation. it's not Bolt upset not meeting Naruto, but he's upset because Naruto left even though he know Hinata is making him bento. so he felt Naruto didn't deserve the bento which is why he didn't want to let Sarada give it to Naruto at first.

if previous chapter paint Bolt as clinging to Naruto too much, this one paint him as being mommy's boy. it's kind of adorable, really. lol

SolVanderlyn

I like how Bolt is so similar and so different from Naruto at the same time.

He's a punk that wants to stand out. Kind of a delinquent. Gets in trouble a lot. Has a lot of confidence.

But he's not a loser kid like Naruto was. He has friends; he's not an outcast. He doesn't have a dumb jumpsuit. He actually has a pretty cool look going on, and has this "hands-in-my-pockets" aloofness to him. Unlike Naruto, who had trouble following up on his confidence, Bolt seems to have earned it already.

Looking at his character more closely, he displays a lot of the same traits that Neji did. I wonder if that was intentional.

eh, Neji is an asshole before he got his beating, and even after he reformed, he's not the loud type like Bolt.

Bolt is basically Naruto at his age with a lot more confidence. or rather, didn't have Naruto's self doubt due to being often ignored as a child. man I can't wait to see him fight. want to see what his prodigious talent is, his taijutsu style etc. would be cool if he had some gentle fist style taijutsu even without the byakugan.

Top Bottom