• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

orochi91

Im actually really enjoying this little special that is going on. I hope it stays consistent like how the beginning of Naruto was. You guys think this will turn into a full fledged series?

If it's popular enough, then I can see them extending it.

Though the quality will definitely take a nose-dive if it becomes a long running series.

Fj0823

Wow. I was talking about the anime.

But now he has a Cyclops visor. So it was all worth it!

Also,You might want to spoiler tag those EoE spoilers, you never know.

Back to Naruto, Its amazing how good Kishimoto is at making lovable characters, god Damn. Sarada and Chou Chou are great additions.

This mini series is redeeming the war arc in my eyes.

But I still want to see MILF Hinata.

You know, I feel that these panels are supposed to show how much she's subconsciously wanting a father figure.

The way Naruto patted her head is probably similar to how she envisions Sasuke doing it to her.

That explains how happy she seems :/

tumblr_nop22ilztZ1qdnjjpo1_r1_500.png

She was crying in anticipation ;___;

Some questions I still have.

Why would Naruto, in response to ChoCho's question on Sasuke, say you should just let Sarada answer that question if Sasuke was never at the village for 12 years or so? He then has the thoughts of Sasuke has been away the entire time.....entire time of what? Sarada's life? Seems a bit contradictory.

What is that plankton thing that used the space time justu? It reminded me of the jyuubi.

How can a random villain know of Sasuke's daughter (there are no birth records either) but Sasuke does not......that doesn't make sense to me.

Why is no one telling Sarada what happened in the past? Naruto clearly knows as does Shizune.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I also liked how much Naruto's social skills has hokage. The old him would have never picked up on Sarada's distress and calmed it so effectively. Shikamaru must've put him through one hell of a training montage so he wouldn't embarrass the village.

Though he seems to still be overestimating Sasuke's ability to react in a humane way to things lol

orochi91

tumblr_nop22ilztZ1qdnjjpo1_r1_500.png

She was crying in anticipation ;___;

Some questions I still have.

Why would Naruto, in response to ChoCho's question on Sasuke, say you should just let Sarada answer that question if Sasuke was never at the village for 12 years or so? He then has the thoughts of Sasuke has been away the entire time.....entire time of what? Sarada's life? Seems a bit contradictory.

What is that plankton thing that used the space time justu? It reminded me of the jyuubi.

How can a random villain know of Sasuke's daughter (there are no birth records either) but Sasuke does not......that doesn't make sense to me.

Why is no one telling Sarada what happened in the past? Naruto clearly knows as does Shizune.

Yea, this whole Sasuke situation is absurd, but a poster in the Manga thread put forth an interesting theory:

Sasuke never met her. She's probably an experiment of Orochimaru's that Naruto and Sakura couldn't stand to terminate.

This would explain everything about Sarada's current situation (no birth records!) and why no one is willing to give her a straight answer.

And the assumptions Naruto is making, about Sarada's supposed knowldge of Sasuke, also make no sense.

It's as if Sasuke has the whole village under a genjutsu lol

Yea, this whole Sasuke situation is absurd, but a poster in the Manga thread put forth an interesting theory:

Sasuke never met her. She's probably an experiment of Orochimaru's that Naruto and Sakura couldn't stand to terminate.

This would explain everything about Sarada's current situation (no birth records!) and why no one is willing to give her a straight answer.

And the assumptions Naruto is making, about Sarada's supposed knowldge of Sasuke, also make no sense.

It's as if Sasuke has the whole village under a genjutsu lol

Not sure if trolling or serious with theory.

Silexx

Guys, I guarantee you that it's not actually Sarada. She got swapped by one of the bad guys and Sasuke is seeing through the disguise.

I loooooved Naruto's conversation with Sarada. He's still the same Naruto lol. Can't believe how great this mimi-series has been. I find it bizarre this is leading up to a film starring Boruto when in the manga so far it's been more like Boru-who?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sasuke stays asshole. Good going, man.

Man, I don't think I can wait every three to four months for the three in ones. Gonna have to start buying the individuals where I left off all those years ago. Thank you Boruto. Thank you Sarada.

What if Sarada is just some byproduct of the Karin healing process, so Sasuke really doesn't know. Or it could be that the education in Konoha is really screwed up and he doesn't know how kids are born.

LOL

Great chapter. I wish the whole series would've been like Part 1. So far these extra chapters remind me a lot the first part of the series.

Village

Yo

Him not even knowing sarada or at least acting like it , is really pushing this creepy sakura narrative.

and its funny

Naruto is just channeling Piccolo.

Rule of cool is, if you want your kid to be a cool guy. You can only barley hang out with him, the parental issues up their power level immensely .

Naruto doing it wrong.

Village

it would be funny if like kishimoto was like

" yo uh... i planned for this to be a miniseries, but shit... I like this too much, fuck it naruto's back on"

And then everyone just does it

Like Akira toriyama just shows up to the jump officies with like raws and shit. And confuses the hell out of people. Togashi comes through and starts doing stuff, not for hunter x hunter, but for yuyu hakusho.

it would be funny if like kishimoto was like

" yo uh... i planned for this to be a miniseries, but shit... I like this too much, fuck it naruto's back on"

And then everyone just does it

Like Akira toriyama just shows up to the jump officies with like raws and shit. And confuses the hell out of people. Togashi comes through and starts doing stuff, not for hunter x hunter, but for yuyu hakusho.

Kishi please. I love the Naruto universe more than any other fictitious universe.

orochi91

Oh man. Seeing Naruto as a father figure is just.....daaaaaaaaaaaaw.

I don't want this to end.

I hope they end it on a good note.

No need to drag it out and have the overall quality suffer as a result.

The pacing has been fantastic in this new series.

Guys, I guarantee you that it's not actually Sarada. She got swapped by one of the bad guys and Sasuke is seeing through the disguise.
This or the last time he saw her she was still a baby.

And the only explanation I can think for Naruto asking Sarada to tell about her father is because he probably assumed Sasuke would at least show up to her and Sakura time to time, between missions. I mean, he knew Sasuke was out but not like that. So I guess Naruto knew for the first time that Sasuke actually isn't coming home at all. Sakura probably didn't told this to anyone.

Or maybe Sasuke doesn't believe his daughter would actually be there since he only told Naruto and suspects its the enemy trying to fool him?

Kishi still holding certain cards on purpose though. Thats clear. He wants you to jump to conclusions but these cards are definitely important so you should't.

The miniseries is great but doesn't come close to Shippuden, like how certain events were built, how the cast developed, and generally the story. Expected since its a mini series with a small number of chapters but as a result it also seems to have better pacing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's been said, but Sarada is a great character. She has self doubt AND autonomy, she has potential without being a golden child. She's not a trope. She feels real.

Adult Naruto is fantastic, too. Pretty much the guy we all knew he would grow up to be. I'm glad he's still a dork, even though he's capable and charismatic now. I loved when he was describing Sasuke to Sarada, lying about being just like him and getting angry remembering their rivalry. Then right after he goes into leader/father mode and consoles her like a pro. Golden scene right there.

Rule of cool is, if you want your kid to be a cool guy. You can only barley hang out with him, the parental issues up their power level immensely .
See: Future/Present Trunks, DBZ (Personality wise)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Honestly guys, I'm fucking loving this side story. Shitload more enjoyable than the Great Shinobi War arc.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This chapter was awesome but will anything compare to Sakura's fakeass family photo? LOL

Wanderer5

Keep that trolling going lol. He proved Naruto is right regarding those social skill issues.:p It was nice to see the more goofy side of Naruto at this age heh.

Nice chapter, so far I'm really liking how this short story is going but it sucks that this is only gonna be like 30 chapters or so. Also I'm liking Sarada more than I thought I would and it's gonna be interesting within the next few chapters with her getting the Sharingan and also meeting her father.

Lol at Chou Chou though, Naruto is just like "wtf is up with Chouji's kid yo?"

Yado

This or the last time he saw her she was still a baby.

And the only explanation I can think for Naruto asking Sarada to tell about her father is because he probably assumed Sasuke would at least show up to her and Sakura time to time, between missions. I mean, he knew Sasuke was out but not like that. So I guess Naruto knew for the first time that Sasuke actually isn't coming home at all. Sakura probably didn't told this to anyone.

I'd like to think Naruto would know if Sasuke was showing up in the village to visit his family

Nice chapter, so far I'm really liking how this short story is going but it sucks that this is only gonna be like 30 chapters or so. Also I'm liking Sarada more than I thought I would and it's gonna be interesting within the next few chapters with her getting the Sharingan and also meeting her father.

Lol at Chou Chou though, Naruto is just like "wtf is up with Chouji's kid yo?"

I think its going to be 12 chapters.

Keep that trolling going lol. He proved Naruto is right regarding those social skill issues.:p It was nice to see the more goofy side of Naruto at this age heh.

who's getting trolled ;)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Just how strong is a Naruto kage bunshin at this point?

Like if he told it to destroy a village or something, it could right? lol

tumblr_inline_noosleiX6i1rnm52c_540.jpg

I just saw this.....Sasuke carrying around his leaf headband.
I didn't pick that up, awesome.

I hope sasuke takes a swipe at Sarada. Time to get on yo papa's level.

I loooooved Naruto's conversation with Sarada. He's still the same Naruto lol. Can't believe how great this mimi-series has been. I find it bizarre this is leading up to a film starring Boruto when in the manga so far it's been more like Boru-who?
I genuinely laughed at placing himself at the top of everything with Sasuke in the academy. Naruto stays Naruto. And that's a good thing. TBH, Sasuke staying Sasuke is a great thing too. I don't want reformed good guy no fun sasuke around. I like unpredictable quiet badass.

They were kage level back in the war, but apparently being with one wouldn't be safe now.

Considering the shin kid had MS, the thing beside him has ST jutsu then Naruto made the right call. You shouldn't underestimate them (this organisation) especially when kids safety is on the line.

I didn't pick that up, awesome.

I hope sasuke takes a swipe at Sarada. Time to get on yo papa's level.

I genuinely laughed at placing himself at the top of everything with Sasuke in the academy. Naruto stays Naruto. And that's a good thing.

Sasuke's character is surrounded in mystery in gaiden......so many questions and Kishi is doing this on purpose >.<

Top Bottom