• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Naruto has all elements now

Sasuke too

Hinata has fire and lightning elements so Bolt getting a lightning affinity makes sense if it is by inheritance

Sarada, I'll give you. Boruto, no. So far, all we've seen from him is his bratty side and unlike Naruto at his age, he doesn't have a good reason for it.

I kinda feel the same and actually did a 180 since I thought Sarada was gonna be the less interesting one and vice versa. Him acting like that is mainly because Naruto is busy all the time....we'll probably see a different side of Boruto sooner or later since things are starting to heat up. I like his few interactions with Sarada though and hopefully we can see them team up soon.

Village

Sarada, I'll give you. Boruto, no. So far, all we've seen from him is his bratty side and unlike Naruto at his age, he doesn't have a good reason for it.

I mean , on some level I get it,kids are bratty. On another level I saw naruto being a isolated orphaned child. Working climbing Clawing his way up. I saw Sasuke get his whole family murdered in front of him and change him. I saw the whole village get destroyed, I saw a zombie ninja war, I saw asura's wrath happen for some reason. We have seen these peoples lives. And boruto comparatively... just seems like some kid who doesn't know actual like.. strife. On some level thats good, but that doesn't help his character any.

Having a missing dad , and your dad being ninja randy orton is already way more shit to go through that boruto.

Homie on some scrappy do , shit right now

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Sasuke too

Hinata has fire and lightning elements so Bolt getting a lightning affinity makes sense if it is by inheritance
Affinity has to be by inheritance otherwise it wouldn't stay so consistent for each clan. And while I'm sure Kishimoto won't ever go into scientific detail about the genetics at this point, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that while personal and clan affinities can be inherited, trained affinities can't. Because it would make inheritance a moot point if you could train your genetics like that.

But that still works for Bolt since Hinata's personal affinity is either Lightning or Fire. And since Hyuga's seem to have an affinity for fire, you could see Hinata being in the same position Sasuke was: their personal affinity is lightning and then they get fire as a bonus thanks to their clan. Hence Bolt the lightning user.

Arabesque

I think the issue with Boruto is that when you compare him with Sarada, he does come off as being immature. I mean, his problem is that his dad is busy being Hokage and doesn't have anytime to come and play with his son (or from Boruto's perspective, put his family first ahead of the village). Boruto doesn't understand the responsibility that comes with Naruto's job that makes him unable to be around, and that in turn makes him act out, and since we don't see much from his perspective he comes across like a spoiled brat.

Sarada on the other hand, despite being the same age and not being as mature, is actually having a legitimate crisis in that she has no clue who she is in the world. She wants just to learn who she is, who her father is, why is he away what's he like etc. but instead of there being a reasonable, apparent explanation like with Boruto, she is meet with non-answers from everyone close to her to the point she has no idea why are people hiding the truth regarding her birth. And when she faces that, she decided instead of acting out to go to ask other people who might tell her (so she being more reasonable than a lot of the kids we seen so far, outside of maybe Inojin).

So it's easy to see Sarada as being more interesting than Boruto, because not only do we get heavily invested in seeing Sarada's perspective and inner thoughts, we also get to see her try and actively find out a solution to her problem. Compared with Boruto, who we only get to learn about from seeing little snippets whenever he runs into Sarada, and has been doing nothing (from what we see) except bout or pull pranks, it's easy to see him as not as interesting.

I think we might be able to empathise with Boruto more if we see more from his perspective (I mean, I do get where he is coming from, since I had a father I loved and wanted to be with as long as possible, and as a kid didn't understand why I couldn't spend all time with him) and see as he comes to terms with his dad not being around as much as when he was a kid.

But I guess that is what the movie is for.

As for Naruto and Sakura being interesting characters ... Naruto is for sure (even if the core of his character and its arc is simplistic and traditional, he has 700 chapters to flesh him out) but Sakura was hardly ever interesting to start with, and he development in the main series had been minimal to nonexistent towards the end. Making more fleshed out characters than her isn't that difficult.

Affinity has to be by inheritance otherwise it wouldn't stay so consistent for each clan. And while I'm sure Kishimoto won't ever go into scientific detail about the genetics at this point, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that while personal and clan affinities can be inherited, trained affinities can't. Because it would make inheritance a moot point if you could train your genetics like that.

Unless the clans had some Sage of Six Paths mojo that allows for anyone of them to switch or gain the required affinities for their clan.

Then again, even if trained affinities can't be passed on, that might be a moot point with Naruto and Sasuke since they didn't exactly train to gain their new affinities, so much as awakened their inherent Demi-God gene that their past lives always had or something.

But that still works for Bolt since Hinata's personal affinity is either Lightning or Fire. And since Hyuga's seem to have an affinity for fire, you could see Hinata being in the same position Sasuke was: their personal affinity is lightning and then they get fire as a bonus thanks to their clan. Hence Bolt the lightning user.

I suspect that would be the justification for it, yes.

Unless it turns out Naruto Demi-God gene overrode that and Boruto has all affinities, but decided to learn Lightning first because Sasuke was his master.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Unless the clans had some Sage of Six Paths mojo that allows for anyone of them to switch or gain the required affinities for their clan.

Then again, even if trained affinities can't be passed on, that might be a moot point with Naruto and Sasuke since they didn't exactly train to gain their new affinities, so much as awakened their inherent Demi-God gene that their past lives always had or something.

I suspect that would be the justification for it, yes.

Unless it turns out Naruto Demi-God gene overrode that and Boruto has all affinities, but decided to learn Lightning first because Sasuke was his master.
I would hope Bolt and Sarada don't inherited Sasuke and Naruto's brokenness so easily. Them being able to literally spawn more demi-gods as children would be crazy.

Thankfully, stuff like the Wood Release being uniheritable makes me feel that Naruto and Sasuke's all elements powers won't be inheritable either.

All this talk about Bolt's natures makes me wonder what Sarada's will be. Her life is too much suffering for her to get lucky and inherite Sasuke's lightning so that she can train with him too. So she'll probably get Sakura's Earth or Water nature, depending on which was Sakura's personal affinity.

Actually, if Kishimoto wanted to keep up his full on troll mode, he'd make Sarada a water nature and force her to train with Karin since she's a Uzumaki. Now that would be glorious trolling.

DJwest

I love how Naruto is like "Mangekyou? How cute". Dude has seen worse shit lol. I love how confident adult Sasuke and Naruto are, can't wait to see them wreck those Uchiha frauds lol

Frog-fu

Banned
This fucking fandom.
Code:
[IMG]http://40.media.tumblr.com/e4e670d6df69e19c6fc5e44696a1e46a/tumblr_noruwlaGTp1u33sbeo1_1280.png[/IMG]

Arabesque

I would hope Bolt and Sarada don't inherited Sasuke and Naruto's brokenness so easily. Them being able to literally spawn more demi-gods as children would be crazy.

Wouldn't be crazier than that out of body experience they had!

Thankfully, stuff like the Wood Release being uniheritable makes me feel that Naruto and Sasuke's all elements powers won't be inheritable either.

Logically, the passing of powers seems to operate on a spiritual level rather than a genetic one (at least, in how this series universe runs). You can try and replicate them through genetic engineering, like Orochimaru and Kabuto had done, but it comes as being imitations rather than the actual "proper" way to do it.

I would say that things like Wood Release are exclusively something the reincarnations of Asura had (since the Sage only favoured his youngest son with the secrets of Ninshu, and gave him power only until the Sasuke answer) because they were a representation of what the original Body of the Sage that Asura had in life. As such, it wouldn't pass on to anyone else until a new reincarnated Asura is born, because the Body of the Sage is something that only Asura has.

But then you remember that Naruto not only has the Body of the Sage, but also powers that Asura didn't have like the Yin-Yang Release and the Chakra of the 9 Tailed Beasts. Which would make him closer to the actual Sage rather than being just another reincarnation. So you are left wondering if Boruto and Himawari were actually born with the same(or similar) powers as Asura and Indra were.

Then you mix in Hamura's chakra and then you don't know what happens.

All this talk about Bolt's natures makes me wonder what Sarada's will be. Her life is too much suffering for her to get lucky and inherite Sasuke's lightning so that she can train with him too. So she'll probably get Sakura's Earth or Water nature, depending on which was Sakura's personal affinity.

Unless Kishimoto forgot, all Uchiha are born with Fire as their base affinity. I mean, they need it for their coming of age ritual, right?

Unless Kishimoto intentionally makes it a point and Sarada will never be considered an adult because she can't use any Fire based Jutsu.

Poor Sarada.

Sasuke proving he's still a dick. The funny thing is he will just say this after.
Never change Sauce.
af6e9d3e5dac542e2ec039541329d83a.jpg

interesting..... also seeing as Bolt is apparently a prodigy I wonder if he could have more then 2 affinity compared to the eary days of his Father

he could inherit Hinata's Fire and Lightning but maybe also Naruto's wind for Rasenshuriken

I know the databook showcased the fact that Neji had more then one affinity due to being a prodigy

Seeing as Sasuke will be Bolt's Master (like Jiraiya) rather then his Sensei/Teacher (Like Kakashi), I wonder who Bolt and Sarada's Teacher is going to be?

Maybe Konohamaru?

Sasuke too

Does it even work like that....getting infinities through inheritance?

Sasuke proving he's still a dick. The funny thing is he will just say this after.
Never change Sauce.
af6e9d3e5dac542e2ec039541329d83a.jpg

Oh so you're going to act like the entire chapter before that or 698 did not happen. Dat selective reading.

do we know that? I always just thought he would be their leader like kakashi was for team 7.
Yes Naruto isn't their teacher judging by the Scan

it says Bolt seeks out Sasuke in order for him to surpass his old man rather then Sasuke being assigned to them
Does it even work like that....getting infinities through inheritance?
It could be.....

As a fellow poster stated affinities like do go down via inheritance seeing as the Uchiha clan all gain fire affinities

certain overly unique affinities are debatable (not KKG)

I think the best thing for a part 3 would be to be about Naruto and Sasuke trying to protect the children while we also see the children grow.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think what is making Gaiden so enjoyable even to the pessimists is because kishimoto is able to concentrate more on the characters and isn't forced to make Shonen tropes for Shonen's sake, who would have said sarada would be the main character a couple months ago, who would have thought one of the more important side characters right now would have been chouchou?

I think what is making Gaiden so enjoyable even to the pessimists is because kishimoto is able to concentrate more on the characters and isn't forced to make Shonen tropes for Shonen's sake, who would have said sarada would be the main character a couple months ago, who would have thought one of the more important side characters right now would have been chouchou?

plus the fact that we aren't stuck in a war-torn crater for the past 200 chapters

Jonnax

Just saying. Naruto is related to Karin and Sarada does look like Karin. Putting 2 and 2 together, I'd say that Sarada is actually Naruto's daughter. ��

I kid, but it'd be really funny

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sarada looks so happy in that panel. Damn, Sasuke. Why you gotta be like that.

dani_dc

Just saying. Naruto is related to Karin and Sarada does look like Karin. Putting 2 and 2 together, I'd say that Sarada is actually Naruto's daughter. ��

I kid, but it'd be really funny
Sarada is the result of an Orochimaru experience mixing Sasuke and Naruto DNA while having Karen as the mother.
Thus she's everyone's daugther.

SoulUnison

Banned
Except Sakura.

Who?

Poor Sakura. Always been my favorite character. For all the "underdog" theming Naruto gets, Sakura is Team 7's actual dark horse. She's the "Superman Isn't Brave" of Team Kakashi.
Naruto gets to be a Jinchuuriki of the strongest tailed beast, and Sasuke gets magical clan eyeballs and a brother who manipulated history specifically to make him stronger.
And they're *both* reincarnations of basically Ninja Superheroes.

Sakura just worked really hard.

aly

Looks like Karin eh (¬_¬;)

You're right, it looks like Sasuke to me :D

I can see her being Sakura's daughter but like Naruto said she is a walking female Sasuke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also New Gen Kages

Ewww, what is that gross mustache on Darui's face?

I can see her being Sakura's daughter but like Naruto said she is a walking female Sasuke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also New Gen Kages

Screen_Shot_2015_05_21_at_23_30_57.jpg

(¬_¬;)

You're right, it looks like Sasuke to me :D

Ewww, what is that gross mustache on Darui's face?

Well Sarada is Sakura + Sasuke xD

Screen_Shot_2015_05_21_at_23_30_57.jpg

(¬_¬;)

he never said appearance though
hence why he said you look exactly like Sasuke which means completely

When I go to a person and I say you look exactly like so and so then I mean a carbon copy

these Sakura comparing images are just her and Sarada doing expressions

not having similar looks.... PLUS a mangaka has a template for his characters therefore some occurrences do blend in

Khezu

Sarada is nothing like her parents, other then kinda looking like Sasuke.

Outside of some abandonment issues, she is a well adjusted human being with out any signs of being absolutely fucking insane like Sasuke and Sakura.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Whoa. Everyone looks awesome here. Is this the first generation of kages where everyone is relatively young?

he never said appearance though
hence why he said you look exactly like Sasuke which means completely

When I go to a person and I say you look exactly like so and so then I mean a carbon copy

these Sakura comparing images are just her and Sarada doing expressions

not having similar looks.... PLUS a mangaka has a template for his characters therefore some occurrences do blend in

"you're the spitting image of Sakura-chan"

Yes people tend to make expressions.

tumblr_nncq1hAVVk1rbd3ipo1_540.jpg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

not having similar looks he says....

quite honestly I don't see Sarada looking like her "Mother" compared to her Father
and being quite honest I don't have one hint of love towards Sakura the character... (granted you have to give some respect to her for raising Sarada alone)

but from what I read with the current chapters I don't want Sakura to NOT be Sarada's mother.... WHY?

Because unlike Sakura, Sarada seems like a good kid and I wouldn't want a sad thing like finding out that Sakura isn't her real mom to happen to her.

--------------------

Edit: Also I can grab a pic of Karin as a kid and do the same thing :/

Top Bottom