• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

UC3k5Od.jpg

lmao

this is the face Sasuke makes when Naruto is hurt, never saw him that concerned before. When Sakura appears and saves everyone: "what are you doing here?". She is kidnapped: "Oh, time-space jutsu, neat."

Wtf, Kishi...

brinstar

I think he only has the truth-seeking balls when he's using the remnants of the chakra of all the tailed beasts, but who knows. He didn't have them in The Last either from what I understand and people have been confused by it since. Hopefully Kishimoto will clarify it eventually.

PaulBizkit

You would think that becoming the wife of the lead character will make Hinata appears more, but no, she's just as invisible and useless as she was back then.

That's because she's not an Uchiha, man

Why is Kishimoto so determined to have Uchihas be a part of EVERYTHING all the time?? Can't there be a cold war against a village that supports the New Akatsukis? Where you have to do actual ninja stuff mixed with cool battles and character development??

Is Sasuke his favorite character?? Are there any interviews where he addresses all the things that people complain about?

ffdgh

Would you look at that, a simple punch was all it took to get the job done instead of eye, sage mode, and kurama hax. Naruto and sasuke are slipping.
KuGsj.gif

Trey

Chou Chou remains terrible.

The pacing is dumb.

Is naming your child after yourself not a thing in Japan? Sarada seems surprised that a father and son share the same name.

Yado

I assume them having the same name is somehow relevant to the plot. Maybe the little one is just an extension of the big one.

I don't understand what you guys want.

If we had God Mode Sasuke and Naruto, there would basically be no tension. They'd reck everyone in an instant, and how interesting is that? How the fuck are they going to keep up that kind of power anyway? It's been 15 years of peace time. It'd be the equivalent of dropping 100 megaton bombs every week "just because" they need to train.

It's totally believable that after 15 years of nothing, they'd be little rusty. Worst yet they'd underestimate an unknowingly powerful enemy with new powers they've yet to see. You guys basically want a Superman-fucks-everyone-up-by-sneezing story, which would be boring as shit. Ridiculous overreactions all around.

brinstar

not to mention the fact that Naruto and Sasuke are basically fine while their opponents are dying on a surgery table after that quick scuffle. Shin Jr. was oneshotted right off the bat and Baldy Shin got a few cheap shots in before getting blitzed from offpanel by Sakura despite having sharingan eyes all over his head.

If we had God Mode Sasuke and Naruto, there would basically be no tension. They'd reck everyone in an instant, and how interesting is that? How the fuck are they going to keep up that kind of power anyway? It's been 15 years of peace time. It'd be the equivalent of dropping 100 megaton bombs every week "just because" they need to train.

It's totally believable that after 15 years of nothing, they'd be little rusty. Worst yet they'd underestimate an unknowingly powerful enemy with new powers they've yet to see. You guys basically want a Superman-fucks-everyone-up-by-sneezing story, which would be boring as shit. Ridiculous overreactions all around.
Well what I want is for Sauce and Naruto to not be the main characters but just hanging in the background. Not getting into fights besides one or two showcases showing that they're the best. You got the kids, make it about their journey and screw all this Uchiha/Kaguya world ending nonsense.

And I'm not one of those people who expected them to win easily, I kept telling everyone that the hax of a MS can overcome any kind of raw power difference.

Furyous

I wanted the ANBU to jump out the bushes and take on some of these ninja. The fuck are the ANBU doing? Why are Naruto and Sasuke rusty? Sasuke's been on a 12 year mission so his skills should be sharp. Naruto has the shadow clone jutsu and sage mode so he shouldn't be rusty at all. He doesn't seem like he's been raising his children and hokage the whole time so why's he rusty?

They couldn't ended this fight in seconds if they summoned their familiars. Aoda and Naruto's shadow clone could've protected the kids while Naruto and Sasuke wrecked shit.
Why did Sakura get captured again?

Kishi has to DBZ this manga and start from the end of Chapter 699. Explain everything to us in detail, over 20 years so we understand it all.

CDiggity

Or else you get complacent and get stuck in a teleport and forced to do surgery for the bad guys even though you are allegedly capable of escaping?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tumblr_inline_npfkqqqOy81s1enre_540.jpg

This is the face of a rapist.

Even though Naruto and Sasuke are nerfed af in this, I'm enjoying it waaay more than the last arc of the main Naruto series. Probably because I probably have no idea where these enemies came from.

Kinda sucks that it's still a Sharigan jerk fest but whatever

Even though Naruto and Sasuke are nerfed af in this, I'm enjoying it waaay more than the last arc of the main Naruto series. Probably because I probably have no idea where these enemies came from.

Kinda sucks that it's still a Sharigan jerk fest but whatever

Naruto and Sasuke underestimated Shin. There was no way they could of have predicted Shin's move so Naruto getting stabbed was not surprising.

Sasuke fought well but had to use humself as a shield to protect his daughter. You could say why he didn't use Susanoo but I think thats the point: Sasuke was not thinking straight when he saw those blades flying at Sarada and acted regardless. Reminds me of the scene in part 1.

Or else you get complacent and get stuck in a teleport and forced to do surgery for the bad guys even though you are allegedly capable of escaping?

It was space time jutsu. Even Naruto and Sasuke know how dangerous that is. Try harder.

Dat glare:
tumblr_npeqwl5OH71u3uy1xo1_540.jpg

Yado

It's always interesting to see what people will pick and choose to be "realistic" when it suits them. Going by this logic Tsunade should be snapping necks just by flicking her finger. I don't think they were nerfed, they weren't taking shin seriously.

It's always interesting to see what people will pick and choose to be "realistic" when it suits them. Going by this logic Tsunade should be snapping necks just by flicking her finger. I don't think they were nerfed, they weren't taking shin seriously.
again, that's how I read it. They just underestimated their opponent. Sakura sucker punched the daylights out of him. And then they jutsu'd away. Simply as that.

Maddocks

I assume sasuke and naruto didn't want shin dead, but also they probably felt he wasn't a real uchiha or problem. They are practically Gods, why would they think anything is a problem.

But that is the problem, they got sloppy and they didn't want to kill shin, they wanted to capture him to make him talk. Of course they didn't know what his eye power would be and that cost them too. Sasuke probably didn't use susanoo because his feared for his daughter and just wanted to protect her. Sure they have some logic drops but I let them sly because the villain is new and interesting enough to let them sly.

When those shins pointed weapons at Sakura she should've just punched the ground... punch the ceiling..... heck punch everywhere with all her might to cause destruction and confusion and then just bail out of there

she can take the hits she has the Yin Seal

Also why didn't Sasuke use Sasunoo?

ant1532

Banned
Does the internet know how to read? I'm worried sometimes seeing people react to these chapters. I feel like people must be multi tasking and not really reading or taking in whats being written due to the clear lack of understanding of what's going on in people's reactions. Kishimoto writes in Kurama calling Naruto out for being rusty and Naruto is pissed because he realizes it. But rather than criticize the story and direction of making Naruto rusty, a lot of the internet reaction is "DOES KISHIMOTO EVEN KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING? WHAT HAPPEN TO OP NARUTO HAX.SUSANO?? OMG HE FORGOT TO DRAW SASUKE'S TOMOES WHAT AN IDIOT"

I also find it better writing for Sasuke to take the kunais using his back rather than Susano as it's a much more personal way to show him protecting his daughter.

My main criticism is I'd like to see more Hinata along with her and Naruto's daughter.

orochi91

Peace time has made them rusty, as Shin noted, and evidenced by both of them being caught off guard by Shin's sharingan technique

Interesting developments and I absolutely adore Chocho lmao

Her appearances/dialogue are well timed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Peace time has made them rusty, as Shin noted, and evidenced by both of them being caught off guard by Shin's sharingan technique

I think its also going back to what kishimoto did fights in the series, which he still kinda did but anyways, which is the person can be stronger, but that doesnt mean they will win, its all about outsmarting your opponent, pain admitted that he had the element of surprise which is how he defeated jiraiya.
Hell the whole kaguya fight was based on how to outsmart her because its literally impossible to kill her.

When those shins pointed weapons at Sakura she should've just punched the ground... punch the ceiling..... heck punch everywhere with all her might to cause destruction and confusion and then just bail out of there

You could say why he didn't use Susanoo but I think thats the point: Sasuke was not thinking straight when he saw those blades flying at Sarada and acted regardless. Reminds me of the scene in part 1.

Naruto gaiden 706
tumblr_npfk1riTfX1u7odp6o1_400.gif

amazing

Made Naruto rusty....and I think its more of Naruto getting complacement rather than forgetting anything. Sasuke handled them fine.

Modern Konoha

コノコレ
'KONOKORE' (=phonetically from KONOha+KOREkushon---->Just the title of this blurb)

ショップ編
Shop Compilation

便利なお店が数々登場!!
Many convenient shops have appeared!!

お店は「ラーメン一楽」だけじゃな�� �!夏の映画には、他にも身近なお店� ��多数登場するぞ!!
Not only shops like “Ichiraku Ramen”! In this summer’s movie, there will even be many other familiar shops that will appear!

コンビニ
Convenience Store

品揃えが豊富なコンビニ!店内は現�� �のものと変わらない様子!!
A convenience store with a wide variety of products! It seems as though the interior is consistent with the modern times!

バーガーショップ
Burger Shop (lol)

ボルトは仲間たちとよく集まってい�� �バーガーショップだ!
It’s the burger shop where Boruto and his friends often gather together!

With FREEDOM comes Burgers obviously....

A Ninja 7 Eleven

Guessing the Burger Restaurant in Question

Keypad looks odd

Looks like a really uncomfortable GamePad/Handheld with Scroll-like handles

ghstwrld

because will of fire/parental instinct causes his body to move on its own?

that's a thing he does from since the beginning of the story

and I imagine Sakura isn't escaping because she's in the best position among her friends to figure out what's going on with the shins; she can presumably still do so at any moment, especially now that Head's attention is diverted as he's performing life-saving surgery on himself

“Masashi Kishimoto, the creator of the Naruto series, is reportedly set to issue a big announcement on July 29 (via Naruto Reddit), almost a week before the premier of the Boruto: Naruto the Movie - the culmination of the Naruto New Era Project - on August 7.

It’s still unknown what the big announcement will be all about, but it may have something to do with the current flow of the story surrounding Boruto, Sarada (the daughter of Sakura and Sasuke) and the new generations of Konoha ninjas.

There’s no doubt that Kishimoto’s big announcement would surely shake things up moving forward. It’s indeed a high time to be a Naruto fan again”

hmmm

Top Bottom