• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Watched a coupple more videos. I can't wait to play this game. Games like this, are never getting old. It's so much fun.

Judging from the demo, it isn't health related anymore. You will just have to move the right stick and you are in the awakening mode. Then you can choose also from two special moves, which are on cooldowns. I think, they are a little OP, but I only played the demo, so I don't know, how it will be in MP.

You can instant awaken now, for a short period of time. But the health awakening is still available too.

Peoples expectations for this game seem naievly wild, looking at some of the posts here it seems that CC2 just basically couldnt satisfy them. The roster increase is pretty large compared to other fighting games and people seem to be completely ignoring all the single player content.

In defense of my earlier disappointment, my expectation was built off of a trailer that gave me the false assumption that the Edo Kages would be playable.

Either way, still an insta-day 1 for me. 3 days left!

chrono01

Gah, I just remembered to sign up for the free week trial for Neon Ally to get the free DLC.

I'll have to do that today before I forget again.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Peoples expectations for this game seem naievly wild, looking at some of the posts here it seems that CC2 just basically couldnt satisfy them. The roster increase is pretty large compared to other fighting games and people seem to be completely ignoring all the single player content.

I'm not mad at this game, I'm just disappointed. I wanted some change between characters from the second game after two games. It's nice that they have them in, but if they just threw them in without changes, why not give us all of the PTS characters from Generations too? They already have some, it just seems random which ones they picked.

Plus, having characters with moves already fleshed out, but not making them available was the complaint that they've had with every game so far. First people complained about the DLC characters that were support-only for the first game, then it became about the first and second hokage being support-only, then it was about the support-only characters in Generations, and now people are just upset that characters were given all of the moves for a 1v1 and not Hack n' Slash mode, but still not made available.

I'm playing this game the day I get it, and I'm sure the story will be loads of fun, but I love playing this game for fun with my friends, and I don't think any of us will be interested in playing as characters who we've already been playing as for 3 years now.

Uthred

I'm playing this game the day I get it, and I'm sure the story will be loads of fun, but I love playing this game for fun with my friends, and I don't think any of us will be interested in playing as characters who we've already been playing as for 3 years now.

Because the five or six missing characters people are complaining about are the only new characters added to the game? It hasnt even been confirmed they wont be available, just that they arent available at launch

Ephemeris

Madara.
I am disappoint.

Any info regarding how long the story mode is?

I know some people with the game already. Story mode (in regards to doing everything there is to do) is going to take a while.

That said, friend of mine already unlocked everyone (and completing the story) way before hitting the 20 hour mark. Missing only a few achievements (complete the timeline and the zero one)

I was told she skipped cutscenes most of the time.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Because the five or six missing characters people are complaining about are the only new characters added to the game? It hasnt even been confirmed they wont be available, just that they arent available at launch

I didn't mean it like I wouldn't be interested in playing as any of the characters. Just when over half of the cast is just recycled, it's nothing like getting a new fighter experience. I get the 21 new characters, and the new remakes of characters. I'm sure those will be fun, but I just won't be too interested in playing over half of the roster, and that is a lot of deadweight to have.

Torraz

Madara.
I am disappoint.

I know some people with the game already. Story mode (in regards to doing everything there is to do) is going to take a while.

That said, friend of mine already unlocked everyone (and completing the story) way before hitting the 20 hour mark. Missing only a few achievements (complete the timeline and the zero one)

I was told she skipped cutscenes most of the time.

That sounds pretty decent.

My gaming budget is pretty limited atm, so a few / most of the new releases will have to drop in price before I can buy them :/.

Ephemeris

Was told the Edo Kages seem to have a "full moveset" and she isn't sure why they aren't available. Not a biggie for me though.

That sounds pretty decent.

My gaming budget is pretty limited atm, so a few / most of the new releases will have to drop in price before I can buy them :/.

I've been there.

Uthred

Is the anime worse than the first part of Naruto (i.e. pre-filler hell)?

The animes fine if you just avoid the fillers, which is trivially easy. Most of the bigger fights in the series, unsurprisingly, look much better in the anime than in the manga.

Nakayumi

I just played the demo of this thing and ho-ly-shit, I was blown away. I've always been interested in this game series, but have never been willing to spend cash and dive into it. I am following the manga but not the anime, and have missed some of the earlier developments in the story as I jumped in rather late. Can anyone tell me what part of the story the previous installments cover? I'd like to do a sort of recap, and since Ninja Storm 1 and 2 are rather cheap by now, do people recommend to play through these first? And how about Generations, was that 'canon' or just a get together of all characters? Much appreciated. :)

SGRemy

Can anyone put a list of all the boss fights with QTE's and cutscenes in a spoiler tag?
So far,

third hokage vs ninetails, minato vs masked man iirc, Naruto vs sasuke under the bridge-best one yet-, and choji vs gedo statue

That's all I've encountered. Feels like I'm missing one but I'm at work so I can't double check. All of the qte cinematics have been epic. CC2 has done a wonderful job turning fights, which last all of 30 seconds in the anime, into amazing battles.

Pein

Banned
I just played the demo of this thing and ho-ly-shit, I was blown away. I've always been interested in this game series, but have never been willing to spend cash and dive into it. I am following the manga but not the anime, and have missed some of the earlier developments in the story as I jumped in rather late. Can anyone tell me what part of the story the previous installments cover? I'd like to do a sort of recap, and since Ninja Storm 1 and 2 are rather cheap by now, do people recommend to play through these first? And how about Generations, was that 'canon' or just a get together of all characters? Much appreciated. :)

Storm 1
covers part 1. Play this.

storm 2
beginning of part 2 until end of pain arc. Play this.

storm generations
filler game, skip it.

Mendrox

Ninja Storm 1 = All of Part 1, but in a very bad way
Ninja Storm 2 = Starts Part 2 till after Pain Fight
Ninja Storm Generations = Not really a story game, skip it
Ninja Storm 3 = After Pain Arc till the end of the war arc with
a made up ending of the war arc... lol

Boss Fights in Storm 3

vs. Kyuubi
vs. Man with Mask
vs. Gaara
vs. Sasuke
vs. Kyuubi
vs. Zabuza
vs. Asuma
vs. Gedo Mazo
vs. The Edo Kages (but no special scenes... so not really boss fights)
5 Kages vs. Madara (epic fight)
Naruto and Bee vs. 6 Beasts Hosts
Naruto and Bee vs. the 6 Beasts
Bijuu Mode Naruto + Kurama vs the 6 Beasts
Naruto vs. Tobi

These are the most important that I remember... I liked Storm 2 far more, well except the last fight here.

SGRemy

Boss Fights in Storm 3

vs. Kyuubi
vs. Man with Mask
vs. Gaara
vs. Sasuke
vs. Kyuubi
vs. Zabuza
vs. Asuma
vs. Gedo Mazo
Naruto vs. Tobi

These are the most important that I remember... I liked Storm 2 far more, well except the last fight here.
At what point does the game surpass the anime? I stopped playing after the
choji vs gedo
fight cause that's as far as I am in the anime. Most of the anime after that is filler iirc....contemplating continuing the game without viewing the anime....

Amikami

Banned
That would actually be kinda disappointing for me. I don't want to start back at the beginning, and I like the storm series and it's focus on story adventure. If they were to start anew, I would hope it would keep that aspect along with the awesome boss battles of course.

Judging by the hype the series gets though, I can't imagine they won't. If I remember, storm 2 sold surprisingly well right? I hope and expect the same for 3.

Mendrox

At what point does the game surpass the anime? I stopped playing after the
choji vs gedo
fight cause that's as far as I am in the anime. Most of the anime after that is filler iirc....contemplating continuing the game without viewing the anime....

Well, the anime isn't even as far as the game in the slightest...

Chouji fight is episode 276, newst episode is 301? I think and I think it will be about 20-30 episodes till the anime reaches the point the game does or even more. :)

Nakayumi

Storm 1
covers part 1. Play this.

storm 2
beginning of part 2 until end of pain arc. Play this.

storm generations
filler game, skip it.

Ninja Storm 1 = All of Part 1, but in a very bad way
Ninja Storm 2 = Starts Part 2 till after Pain Fight
Ninja Storm Generations = Not really a story game, skip it
Ninja Storm 3 = After Pain Arc till the end of the war arc with
a made up ending of the war arc... lol

Boss Fights in Storm 3

vs. Kyuubi
vs. Man with Mask
vs. Gaara
vs. Sasuke
vs. Kyuubi
vs. Zabuza
vs. Asuma
vs. Gedo Mazo
Naruto vs. Tobi

Thanks for the fast replies! Looks like I'll be getting myself the first two games this week and move on to the 3rd as soon as I complete those. The alternate ending sounds pretty dumb, but I guess they didn't want to leave things too open as it will probably take a while before they can release a 4th entry in the series. (Possibly on next-gen consoles?)

Can't wait to see how CyberConnect2 will use next-gen technology, at one hand I feel the animation and graphics are close to perfect the way they are right now, but I'm sure there's plenty of room to improve upon it.

Uthred

A made up ending is fairly standard for anime when the manga is still ongoing, dont really see what the big deal is. Even a weak non-canon ending is better than simply stopping mid story.

The fuck. How are they suppose to start storm 4 from that point. I don't know whether to laugh or weep a little. Either way that's actually sounds pretty funny.

Seriously? They simply have Storm 4 follow the story of the anime/manga at that point. Its not exactly rocket science.

wow!

played the demo tonight and very impressed.

I think I will buy ninja storm 2 on 360 first before buying this though. Cant believe I never played these games before..

Ephemeris

A made up ending is fairly standard for anime when the manga is still ongoing, dont really see what the big deal is. Even a weak non-canon ending is better than simply stopping mid story.

Seriously? They simply have Storm 4 follow the story of the anime/manga at that point. Its not exactly rocket science.

Pretty much. Relax guys.

wow!

played the demo tonight and very impressed.

I think I will buy ninja storm 2 on 360 first before buying this though. Cant believe I never played these games before..

better late than never!

SGRemy

Well, the anime isn't even as far as the game in the slightest...

Chouji fight is episode 276, newst episode is 301? I think and I think it will be about 20-30 episodes till the anime reaches the point the game does or even more. :)
Welp, I'm not patient. Continuing the game. thanks for the info!

Had so much fun playing the demo. I never bought any of the Naruto games before. But i love the manga/Anine. So im definitely going to give this one a go.

SGRemy

Any word on 360 vs PS3 performance? The 360 demo seemed kinda choppy to me.
Don't know about the comparison, but when alotta Shits going down on ps3, framerate drops like crazy. Both players summon both allies and chakra load/jutsu....doesn't end well

Greetings,

Doing another live stream right now. I just finished up story mode so I can take requests in free battle or tournament mode.

Nevermind, I think a mod on Twitch just told me to shut it off until release. =/

Top Bottom