• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 |OT| Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

If I do a speed run of the story mode while skipping every cutscene and skipping through certain battle scenarios, I can probably beat it in 5 hours (maybe less).

Not sure where that 50-100 hour story came from.

Raxious

lol seriously? thats a huge difference from the 50 hours we've been hearing >_>

I still believe that whenever companies call ´50+´ hours of gameplay, it involves unlocking every single thing there is in the game. For these Naruto games, they involve doing story mode, Ninja World timeline Mode, and probably getting all those horrible things like Ninja Items, substition jutsu's, Ninja Cards etc.

In the end, by unlocking all those things you'll probably hit the 50+ hour mark.

Mendrox

I skipped nearly every boring cutscene, because I already read the manga and watched the anime (Kage Summit Arc and everything till Part 2 of the War Arc is just boring...) and I needed 4 hours for the whole game, but the last fight is around 40min long with all the cutscenes.

Mesoian

Dunno. I guess the reviews will start hitting the net tomorrow, since that's been the trend with this series.

I doubt there's an embargo when Japanese and European sites have already leaked everything about the game weeks before it's release. I think it's just a low priority for most sites. I'd be surprised if we even got a Giantbomb Quicklook of it.

I doubt there's an embargo when Japanese and European sites have already leaked everything about the game weeks before it's release. I think it's just a low priority for most sites. I'd be surprised if we even got a Giantbomb Quicklook of it.
We might get a quick look. Giant Bomb really liked Asura's Wrath.

Pumped to start playing the story and online tomorrow. Wish the Edo Kages were playable and that some of characters were updated, but CC2 still knows how to make a fun fighter. Can't wait to kick some ass with Darui, A, and Nagato among many others.

AZUMIKE

I can appreciate the story mode/boss battles. But perhaps these features are being "overrated", so to speak.

Honestly, the story mode is comprised of cutscenes, QTEs, and minigame-like gameplay. The look and feel is decent, but doesn't seem like a design masterpiece...in fact, I feel that story mode gets really repetitive.

CC2 is capable of much better. I wonder if Namco Bandai rushed them...

Regardless I'm pumped for another 2D naruto installment :D

I can appreciate the story mode/boss battles. But perhaps these features are being "overrated", so to speak.

Honestly, the story mode is comprised of cutscenes, QTEs, and minigame-like gameplay. The look and feel is decent, but doesn't seem like a design masterpiece...in fact, I feel that story mode gets really repetitive.

The cutscenes and QTE's were a major part of Storm 2 and that's what made it so awesome.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I am getting it for the single player, really. I'll probably play the multiplayer during maybe two get-togethers ever. Which will be fun, but this series is all about Playing The Story for me.

Kabuto

Checking in from the west coast and I just got my copy from the midnight release. Installing it to my hard drive now and gonna play some online :]

Are we going to have any GAF tourneys?

Wait. Was this game street dated? I got a text from GameStop saying the game would be available Tuesday in the morning. So if I can pick it up before work, that'd be grand.

K.Sabot

After Justin Wong streamed CPU battles, I picked this up on amazon.

Never seen an episode / read a chapter of this in my life.

Just a heads up, while retrieving my DLC code from Neon Alley, this was posted on the redeem page: "The DLC is available to all Neon Alley members with active accounts (paid or free trial) upon request (here, while supplies last)."

I doubt they would run out and their probably just saying that to cover their ass just in case it happens, but you never know.

DR2K

Banned
Alrighty Neon Alley has crashed my PS3 4 times now. Awful. You don't need it for the codes, just trying it out.

Got the DLC codes through the website, didn't have to enter my credit card thanfully.

Installing at the moment.

no reviews yet? I'm still buying it later today, i just wanna see what the overall reception is.

also, anyone have a spare DLC code? don't got a credit card >_>

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8KAngVSQ0

new madara trailer and a message from Kishimoto in the beginning.

Yep I will play this video game.

[Edit] Actually hey, someone help me out here. Why would I want to use adversity awakening instead of instant, if I'm in a situation where I have access to either? Adversity still makes you all weak and shitty when it runs out, right? Is the only benefit to it the fact that your chakra bar doesn't decrease during it?

Top Bottom