• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 |OT| CC2 Doing Pierrot's Work

I was hoping the moment Sakura activates her seal would get it's own part in that specific chapter too, quite the bummer.

Me too ;____;

Yeah?

I've heard mostly good things

Presentation and animation are top class, however several notable bits of the story are left out and the dialogue isn't the same which may give a different impression.

LAA

Well beat story mode yesterday. Glad they decided to seperate adventure mode and story mode. Story was longer than I thought it'd be. Only thing I'm a bit disappointed about is they didn't include all scenes from the anime/manga e.g. (
Sasuke bisecting madara
and being annoying with censorship issues I guess (
Naruto and Sasuke not losing their arms, just being black instead, which is totally stupid as the last sasuke has his arm missing again anyway

Would have liked some sort of challenge mode or something to give me a reason/motivation to try all the characters too.

Other than that, pretty happy with the game, I think it is the most refined game. Glad they no longer seperate awakening, ultimate jutsu and etc. Special combination jutsu is a great addition too.
Only other bad thing is the PC optimisation issues. Some slowdown at some points and only left speaker is outputting sound. Lack of graphic options in game is disappointing too, but not so much of a killer for me.

SilentRob

Presentation and animation are top class, however several notable bits of the story are left out and the dialogue isn't the same which may give a different impression.

This is true for every Ultimate Ninja Storm game and...well...every single game adaptation of an anime/manga/comic.

Iceternal

This is true for every Ultimate Ninja Storm game and...well...every single game adaptation of an anime/manga/comic.

Well having never read this part of the story, I can tell you some parts of it are really confusing.

Like the part when Obito gets torn apart out of the blue, WTF ?

Stills are fine for dialogues but when they try to represent movement and action ... OMG it's terrible and even gives me a headache.

SilentRob

Well having never read this part of the story, I can tell you some parts of it are really confusing.

Like the part when Obito gets torn apart out of the blue, WTF ?

Stills are fine for dialogues but when they try to represent movement and action ... OMG it's terrible and even gives me a headache.

That's a different story though: In Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 for example, they cut the Sasuke VS Danzo-fight down to a simple 1v1 match without any hint on the whole Sharingan-arm-thing. They just cut it out. However, if you were never aware of the original story you wouldn't have missed it. Some things just have to go due to time and money constraints. That's what i meant.

Deciding to show something and then doing a poor job of actually showing it is simply bad storytelling however. They should've rather cut it out or change it in that case.

It all goes back to them using stills from the Anime though. It's just not a good way to tell a story.

Uzumaki Goku

This doesn't have the Last in it as a secret mode, does it? Outside of costumes, I want nothing from that horrible movie in this game.

Damn I should've read the manga first... CC2 really dropped the ball on storytelling this time !

You haven't played the previous games? If you had you'd have known that CC2 cuts/trims quite a bit from the manga/anime and stick to the most important bits only. I think this game was the least offensive when it came to the cutting though and the overall experience was extremely awesome for me at least. You can always just read the manga now and fill in the blanks!

mcz117chief

So, how is Kushina?

She is my favourite character and I am considering getting the game just for her.

Is she good? Still voiced by Laura Bailey?

jorgejjvr

Do you guys play this game competitively?

Can we expect tournaments?

I am assuming we can do private games on this game with gaf correct?

jorgejjvr

Tournaments would be bad the way CC2 has it so you can't even spectate fights anymore in tournaments/endless.
You can't in smash either

You create your own gaf tourney tho, both confirm who won, and so on. You move to the next one. No need for spectator or for the game to have its actual tournament mode

I bought the game cheap but it did not came with preorder dlc code.

If anyone has a spare pre-order dlc code for europe, I would appreciate it.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I was hoping the moment Sakura activates her seal would get it's own part in that specific chapter too, quite the bummer.

Kishimoto didn't bother, CC2 didn't bother.

I don't see the problem leaving irrelevant characters without any exposition if they were like that in the series. It was an asspull that was immediately left irrelevant to the series anyway.

This doesn't have the Last in it as a secret mode, does it? Outside of costumes, I want nothing from that horrible movie in this game.

It was horrible. Genjutsued and guilt tripping is not love.

Its not included, but the last characters(both as alternates for hinata and sakura and new characters in last Sasuke and Naruto) and a the last inspired ultimate jutsu for Naruto and hinata are included, as well as Boruto and Sarada as characters

For what its worth, nothing in that manner is really emphasized so much, so you can ignore it safely.

I don't see the problem leaving irrelevant characters without any exposition if they were like that in the series. It was an asspull that was immediately left irrelevant to the series anyway.

Its not included, but the last characters(both as alternates for hinata and sakura and new characters in last Sasuke and Naruto) and a the last inspired ultimate jutsu for Naruto and hinata are included, as well as Boruto and Sarada as characters

For what its worth, nothing in that manner is really emphasized so much, so you can ignore it safely.

Wut? That was a big moment for Sakura and is crucial for her powers which are shown later on as well as saving Sasuke (but that wasn't shown).

Some of the graphical issues on Xbox One are a bit too much though. So far I have only encountered this on Boruto (UJ and neutral) and on Hiruzen's ougi (which also has slowdown). Game runs smooth aside from these quirks, which makes it even more weird.

hZ9p7sA.gif

Uzumaki Goku

Well, that's good. I honestly wish Kishimoto had left the ships open-ended, making any ship canon was probably the worst thing he could've done.

Sakura and Hinata have costumes from it

hanabi man outfit is her last outfit, (she has her outfit from shippuden)

Naruto and Sasuke have new playable versions from the last

Sai

The Last Naruto is so boring. Shining Finger shenanigans. Beh.

Hokage Naruto isn't just a costume for The Last Naruto, is it? :(

I think I am just going to go ahead and get this. I haven't played in the series since NUNS2. So, generally speaking, you all think the game is good?

I think I am just going to go ahead and get this. I haven't played in the series since NUNS2. So, generally speaking, you all think the game is good?

If you haven't played since Storm 2 and enjoy naruto, it's a no brainer.

80% of complaints are about not enough new content compared to previous games. But after 3 entire games you are skipping, that won't be a problem for you.

If you haven't played since Storm 2 and enjoy naruto, it's a no brainer.

80% of complaints are about not enough new content compared to previous games. But after 3 entire games you are skipping, that won't be a problem for you.
Yeah, a bunch of new characters I want to play as. I can't say I am a fan of Naruto itself (I think it fell off after Naruto v Pein) but I think the Storm series is good overall.

Welp, preordered! Thanks for your opinion!

Edit - Ah, and a Shounen Jump copy for preordering from Amazon along with the other preorder material. Nice!

Cilla

Guys. I'm a huge Naruto fan and I was so hyped but it just isn't what I expected. I still enjoy it and will play it, plat it and go online with it.

I think the Story mode just disappoints me. The slideshow cutscenes, non canon conversations and events. Some are only small changes like location but why? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Guys. I'm a huge Naruto fan and I was so hyped but it just isn't what I expected. I still enjoy it and will play it, plat it and go online with it.

I think the Story mode just disappoints me. The slideshow cutscenes, non canon conversations and events. Some are only small changes like location but why? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Same, I do have the question of why? Slideshow is most prevalent at the beginning and by the end is non existent.

Cilla

Same, I do have the question of why? Slideshow is most prevalent at the beginning and by the end is non existent.

I have noticed it is becoming less prevalent to be honest. I am up to Juubito awakening now. I've had a super busy weekend and haven't had much time.

One of the main things I found awkward was
Minato and Masked Man voice. Obito's child inner dialogue felt really out of place. He should already be manic. He didn't just put that completely on imo.

I wonder why too. This game was paraded as the game that would beat the manga to animate the end. Most fans have read the manga. So why change so much? I don't know.

Fuck it. I think I am going to buy this. Naruto is only one of four anime shows I have ever watched/still watching (Don't really like anime). Naruto Shippuden has been such a disappointment in terms of filler I just want to finish it.

Should I just go all in on 4 or play the other 3 first if they are really good? Never played an anime or manga based game before so not sure what I am expecting.

I have noticed it is becoming less prevalent to be honest. I am up to Juubito awakening now. I've had a super busy weekend and haven't had much time.

One of the main things I found awkward was
Minato and Masked Man voice. Obito's child inner dialogue felt really out of place. He should already be manic. He didn't just put that completely on imo.

I wonder why too. This game was paraded as the game that would beat the manga to animate the end. Most fans have read the manga. So why change so much? I don't know.

I think its a combination of CC2 having their hands full with other games (like FF7R) and some very questionable decisions. Even though the anime will take months to get there, I'm expecting it to be more faithful to the manga than CC2 has :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I feel like they were working on in-engine cutscenes and then just cut them due to time constraints, the first things we saw were all from the second half of the game. It's probably hard to craft a campaign out of relatively little story to work with in comparison to the past. I suspect the season pass is mostly stuff they couldn't get finished on time. Any chance of a fullburst one on this? Might wait til then.

Cilla

I think its a combination of CC2 having their hands full with other games (like FF7R) and some very questionable decisions. Even though the anime will take months to get there, I'm expecting it to be more faithful to the manga than CC2 has :/

True. I never had a problem with 2 and 3 though. I mean the ending of 3 was different for a decent reason.

The anime will be better for sure.

This shit is so fuckin' hype fam
Tell me about it.

Sasuke holding his own with one arm and swordplay was impressive. The general combat is so good too. Sasuke's last move was legit as well. Combat can be just as enjoyable with the simple stuff like this instead of all the dragon beams and huge explosions. Not saying that the latter isn't awesome but still.

I think the overall power levels in the manga/anime just went too high. I enjoyed the tactical and low key parts in part 1 more.

Top Bottom