• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Most likely to get fucked on the main roster in 2016

Nominees :

Finn Balor
Sami Zayn
Bayley
Baron Corbin
Hideo Itami
Enzo and Big Cass

Enzo and Cass seem like they'd work actually. They're not any cornier than the Usos and they get to be in tag matches on PPVs all the time.

Corbin's seems like the polar opposite of a guy who'd get over on the main roster

Balor's going to be super over to start and then ????

Sami Zayn's almost assuredly going to immediately get thrown at Owens, which will get him off hot to start, but I don't know if he's really destined to be more than the guy that eats pins in 6 man tags.

Itami's probably DOA tbh.

tmoXwGj.gif

Go Shiozaki is definitely the best wrestler of the year. Unfortunately, no one watched him

Fenix up there too

Not getting crowned as AJPW's ace hurts.

If we are being real then Minkru Suzuki is WOTY. Awesome matches and pipes Noah attendance.

Did the Suzuki-gun invasion of NOAH help NOAH's attendance?

I'd want to add Ricochet, but his matches as Puma didn't do much for me.

Okada deserves some credit for dragging what he could out of Tenryu.

Kaladin

Not sold just yet, but it's early. I'd like to see more skits going forward he's charismatic enough for it.

It's really just a matter of if the charisma that he was able to display in NXT can get across in the main roster.

They started him off right with a good valet pairing and his first feud being Dolph Ziggler. He is set up for success.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
If Eva Marie had any in ring ability to speak of and showed decent improvement in the year or so she has been training in NXT for then that would be a amazing combo since Paul could actually channel that heat into something.

But I dont know who would be a good fit.

If she had in-ring ability and could speak decently on the mic she wouldn't have the heat she does. Whether by incompetence or brilliance, they've found a recipe for a legitimate 2015 heel. Question is, do they realize they can pull the same trick with Reigns on the main roster?

Aside: my hunch on why they're pushing Reigns so hard as a babyface is that Vince wants to turn Cena heel badly, and thinks that Cena turning heel will be the a Hogan/NWO moment - but in order to do that, he needs a main event babyface. Cena's probably the only person who he trusts to be able to turn a heel-cheering audience actually against him. (See: all dark matches on RAW, where all the people chanting "Cena sucks" start cheering for him madly as soon as the cameras go off. He had Seattle eating out of the palm of his hand during the Bryan era.)

Heyman could lead a Dangerous Alliance to Stop Roman Reigns.

Eva Marie can play Madusa.

Barrett, Sheamus, Neville, Rusev, and Cesaro can form the European core of this Dangerous Alliance.

Kevin Owens can be the self-conscious one in the march of the glorious bodies to the ring.

Go ahead and check off your "Dream booking" square in WrassleGAF Bingo.

Fox318

Carniest Promotion of the year

TNA
  • Not telling Employees that they were getting canceled
  • Calling Meltzer a liar despite everything he reported coming true
  • Working guys through hell with the TV tapings
  • Matt Hardy as Champion in 2015
  • GFW Invasion
  • A PPV ending with Jeff Jarrett as the champion

Chikara
  • Production Values out of a 4th grade rendition of Peter Pan
  • Making Fenix sit in the corner as punishment and preventing AAA performers to sell merch
  • Quackenbush

WWE

• Using the Death of Reid Flair
  • Royal Rumble 2015
  • Comparing yourself to NFL, HBO, and Hulu with subscription numbers
  • "longest running weekly episodic TV show"
  • Charlotte getting rolled up in 30 seconds to promote an NXT Takeover Special
  • Ruining the John Cena Open challenge so Jon Stewart's son could get on TV.
  • Steph attaching herself to the #DivasRevolution
  • The #DivasRevolution designed to protect the Bellas
  • CM Punk Staph Infection Evidence ass zoom video
  • Actually wanting to be on ESPN

PWG
  • No iPPV in 2015
  • Still filming BOLA in a Vet hall
  • Still using DVDs as your primary vehicle for video content in 2015

ROH
  • Production Values that would rival most community access tv shows
  • Having Jay Briscoe as a Champion

bjork

So Sheamus and Roman in a TLC match. While the ref is distracted, a fan will come out of the crowd and push Sheamus off the turnbuckle, causing him to fall through a table and lose the match. The fan is revealed to be the returning John Cena, and Cena says it's paybacks for that title loss in a TLC match way back when. Then they feud while Roman fights whoever at the RR.

I don't understand why he never clicked like the other indie signings. He's got the tools and is a great promo. He just never went anywhere beyond jobber to the stars.

The look maybe? having a unique look can work but every time I looked at Crowe it was like I was viewing some drugged up geezer who rolled through the dressing room covered in velcro for his attire before bumping into a cabinet spilling hair gel all over his head.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If she had in-ring ability and could speak decently on the mic she wouldn't have the heat she does. Whether by incompetence or brilliance, they've found a recipe for a legitimate 2015 heel. Question is, do they realize they can pull the same trick with Reigns on the main roster?

I don't think X-Pac Heat is a recipe to do anything other than ruin your show. She's not getting Vickie Guerrero-heat where its because her character is the most annoying person on the show, its because everyone hates the random no-talent model they threw into the show for no reason. That's why its called X-Pac Heat - because from the perspective of a neutral person it looks just like regular Heel Heat, except except the former is a lot more calculated to make people stop watching the show.

Angry Grimace

TNA
  • GFW Invasion

Chikara
  • Making Fenix sit in the corner as punishment and preventing AAA performers to sell merch
  • Quackenbush

WWE

• Royal Rumble 2015

PWG
  • No iPPV in 2015

ROH

I think the actual answer is continually attaching actual popular stars to Roman Reigns to get him over while the entire stadium/arena boos.

Recall

So WWE 2002 might have had some good Smackdown matches and some good PPV undercard matches but holy shit were the main events and general booking of the main event scene quite horrific.

Also Triple H began his suffocating choke on the promotion giving us the worst RAW period ever in 2003.

So WWE 2002 might have had some good Smackdown matches and some good PPV undercard matches but holy shit were the main events and general booking of the main event scene quite horrific.

Also Triple H began his suffocating choke on the promotion giving us the worst RAW period ever in 2003.

Thinking about it you ain't wrong.
Jericho's weak run, Trips short lived return title run getting dropped to Hogan of all people who then swiftly dropped it to Taker.
Taker had a decent enough stint before they handed it to a returning Rock just so he could put over Lesnar.
Then the title scene split in two and as you say it led to the Trips stranglehold of tedium where nearly every main event ends in distraction/sledgehammer.

Also gets further negative points for having the Katie Vick saga which swiftly killed off a returning Kane when he was arguably more over than he'd been in years...STILL BITTER!

Gonzalez

Banned
20131%20-%20Solomon_Crowe%20microphone%20nxt%20wwe.jpg

I wonder why
Simple fix... Get a shorter haircut, ditch the punk rock look, and go with a more conservative look. I'll tell ya with his promo skills, and in ring ability he'd make a great addition to Dash & Dawson as an Ole Anderson type shit talking young wrestlers about needing to earn their spot.

Stro and I are kindred spirits when it comes to Taker. I can't have nostalgia for him and besides his cool entrance he's a corny old man who has come back and murdered Bray twice for no raisin.

I liked the entire SS review tbh, Stro just has a way of being concise yet informative:

http://www.legitshook.com/strobogos-wrasslin-potpourri-reviews/wwe-survivor-series-2015

You're too harsh on Taker. The guy has given 25 years to the company. This is just a farewell run leading up to Mania...I think.

And let's not act as if Bray wasn't damaged goods going into this already. He's lost pretty much all his major feuds. What's one more batch of jobs to a legend? Let's look back and see if he's not rewarded for this next year. I hope he is. Once he gets on another hot streak, these losses will mean nothing. We shouldn't be blaming Taker for the booking/writing going on here.

Bray gets good tv time and I'm sure he's also making some bank. He'll be fine.

Anth0ny

TNA
  • GFW Invasion

Chikara
  • Quackenbush

WWE

• Royal Rumble 2015

PWG
  • No iPPV in 2015

ROH

lol that fucking WWE list

jesus christ

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would have never told anyone Sami Callihan was 'good'

it's still a mystery how he managed to get signed that I assume has to do with blackmailing

Top Bottom