• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No one....NO ONE...denies that dude's skills. It is right in our face every week.

He needs promo skills.

Not underrated in the slightest. Everyone recognizes how insane his move set is.

Whew. I thought you said promo time. I was like NO! IT'LL KILL HIM!

Yes he needs promo help.

JavyOO7

I'm only in early March in NJPW, but for non-WWE match of the year I'd give it to Honma/Ishii match in Febuary.

There was also this amazing match in BJW I believe with Sekimoto and his opponent that you fellas linked over and over, but... Dailymotion link died.

Bootay also linked this incredible tag team Dragon Gate match that I really liked with Masato Yoshino & Shachihoko BOY (c) vs Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora... but Dailymotion link also died.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Big Deal Titus O Neil.

When not falling over his own feet, the motherfucker can go. And the crowd seem to generally like him and get hype when he wants em too. I'm a big fan, shame he'll never get a quick taste of the wwe title imo.
BRUcgq-CEAIOXls.jpg

No one....NO ONE...denies that dude's skills. It is right in our face every week.

He needs promo skills.

Not underrated in the slightest. Everyone recognizes how insane his move set is.
It just feels like people kinda tune out when he wrestles, though. He's put on some great ones though.

klonere

Banned
Guys do you think if RuRu wouldn't have gotten hurt for MiTB that he would have won it and been our WHC right now? I'd say there would have been a shout for him to win it and it would have made him a huge boost after losing to Cena.

jmdajr

Guys do you think if RuRu wouldn't have gotten hurt for MiTB that he would have won it and been our WHC right now? I'd say there would have been a shout for him to win it and it would have made him a huge boost after losing to Cena.
Wow. I am sad now.

Isn't Bo intentionally a gimmick/joke character? I don't think he sends mixed signals. He has his spot and is just doing his job, I think.

Besides, the entire company isn't leaning on him as a face for the company.

It's kind of bummer that people like Neville and Bo Dallas have these big, important storylines as NXT Champ and then come up to the main roster to fill background spots that, really, kind of anyone could do. It feels like squandering them, and not just potential, but stuff they regularly show they can do.

The problem in this area might be, there just isn't enough room at the top. Neville is excellent in the ring, and so entertaining to see live, Bo is one of the funniest guys wrestling's ever had - they should have better positions where I can enjoy them a bit more.

I guess this is just one of the pitfalls of only having one major company going. NXT is good, and maybe the transience of their roster is part of that, but it does bum me out to watch someone like Tyler Breeze kinda not even be given his run in NXT, and then bumped up to the main roster where he'll get even less.

Ah, at least they're all making money. I'm sure they're happy enough. But I want to see more of some of these guys.

Toki767

I think if he didn't get hurt for MITB, he would have lost the cash-in after Lana screwed up their angle.

Best Non-WWE Match is, as usual, a stacked category:

Nakamura vs. Ibushi (Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Fenix vs. Mil Muertes (LU: Grave Consequences)
Ishii vs. Honma (The New Beginning: Sendai)
Ishii vs. Honma (Power Struggle)
Ishii vs. Makabe (Wrestle Kingdom 9)
Okada vs. Styles (Dominion)
Shiozaki vs. Miyahara (AJPW Dream Power Series)
Kushida vs. Kyle O'Reilly (Best of the Super Juniors)
EC3 vs. Rockstar Spud (Impact)
Styles vs. Ibushi (Invasion Attack)
Kushida vs. Ricochet (G1 Day 19)
Shingo Tagaki vs. Masaaki Mochizuki (Gate of Destiny)

It's kind of bummer that people like Neville and Bo Dallas have these big, important storylines as NXT Champ and then come up to the main roster to fill background spots that, really, kind of anyone could do. It feels like squandering them, and not just potential, but stuff they regularly show they can do.

The problem in this area might be, there just isn't enough room at the top. Neville is excellent in the ring, and so entertaining to see live, Bo is one of the funniest guys wrestling's ever had - they should have better positions where I can enjoy them a bit more.

I guess this is just one of the pitfalls of only having one major company going. NXT is good, and maybe the transience of their roster is part of that, but it does bum me out to watch someone like Tyler Breeze kinda not even be given his run in NXT, and then bumped up to the main roster where he'll get even less.

Ah, at least they're all making money. I'm sure they're happy enough. But I want to see more of some of these guys.

jmdajr is right in this regard: enjoy the wrestlers in NXT when they're there, and stop worrying about how the main roster will ruin them. Nothing lasts forever, but we'll always have Sasha Banks's run in NXT or this moment when Chad Gable and Jason Jordan are incredibly entertaining before they get promoted, buried, split up, and Gable's released.

JavyOO7

Most underrated in WWE/NXT... Tye Dillinger. Was in WWE/ECW for a bit, he was kicked out a bit after, was in indies for a bit... came back to what is known as NXT today... was floundering in a tag team with Jason Jordan. They both separate... gets wrecked by Baron Corbin at a Takeover... was doing a funny/lovely gimmick of 'perfect 10' in house shows. He starts getting over a bit and now he's finally allowed to bring it to TV. Always has good matches if it goes longer than 5 minutes, he makes anyone look good... but IMO if he can just capture the audience's imagination then next year should be a good year for him and maybe might even get an NXT title run. I haven't watched NXT TV for a while but I hope he's still in TV doing the perfect 10 gimmick. I really want this guy to succeed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Enzo sure has changed his look for the better. Look at his old theme cover.
xSK6l2H.jpg

jmdajr

My controversial pick for most overrated.

Brock Lesnar

Never under delivers, but I feel he hasn't over delivered. Granted I love almost anything when he is involved.

klonere

Banned
Most underrated in WWE/NXT... Tye Dillinger. Was in WWE/ECW for a bit, he was kicked out a bit after, was in indies for a bit... came back to what is known as NXT today... was floundering in a tag team with Jason Jordan. They both separate... gets wrecked by Baron Corbin at a Takeover... was doing a funny/lovely gimmick of 'perfect 10' in house shows. He starts getting over a bit and now he's finally allowed to bring it to TV. Always has good matches if it goes longer than 5 minutes, he makes anyone look good... but IMO if he can just capture the audience's imagination then next year should be a good year for him and maybe might even get an NXT title run. I haven't watched NXT TV for a while but I hope he's still in TV doing the perfect 10 gimmick. I really want this guy to succeed.

People say he is a great promo at the house shows. They just need the right TV program for him to get going. I'd love to see him succeed given he's been with the company so long.

People say he is a great promo at the house shows. They just need the right TV program for him to get going. I'd love to see him succeed given he's been with the company so long.

Dude is 34 and stuck in developmental. At the rate that they're signing indie wrestlers, I don't see when Dillinger would get the time for a program.

Man some of you guys weren't kidding, Youtube Raw is so much more digestible.
In the spirit of positivity I'm just going to celebrate the following...
- International Heels sticking together
- New Day's promo was pretty fun, also Kofi's unicorn hair
- The roster being so limited that the sudden appearances of Slater and Swags to plug gaps is rather fresh.

My controversial pick for most overrated.

Brock Lesnar

Never under delivers, but I feel he hasn't over delivered. Granted I love almost anything when he is involved.
I think Heyman is probably a better nomination. Dude just straight up yells and it's dumb as shit.

Kaladin

NXT should be it's own thing. No main roster call ups except maybe a guest spot as needed.

Get some of the guys back that went to the main roster and did nothing and you've got a great roster for a 2 hour show.

dvd-on-the-stage.gif

If anyone cares here is a link to both their matches

http://joshicity.com/top-five-joshi-matches-of-the-year/

As good if not better than any NXT match

I'll watch the matches slightconfuse linked to, but the language barrier creates a problem with connecting to the story that Sasha vs. Bayley doesn't have. It's always a problem when you have a combined category like this, and there's not enough interest in the WrassleGAF Universe to make splitting the Best Women's Wrestler category into Best WWE Women's Wrestler and Best Non-WWE Women's Wrestler or Best US Women's Wrestler and Best Non-US Women's Wrestler.

TL;DR, the rest of the voting bloc will respond, "Who?"

jmdajr

Man some of you guys weren't kidding, Youtube Raw is so much more digestible.
In the spirit of positivity I'm just going to celebrate the following...
- International Heels sticking together
- New Day's promo was pretty fun, also Kofi's unicorn hair
- The roster being so limited that the sudden appearances of Slater and Swags to plug gaps is rather fresh.

Hmmm. That hadn't clicked for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think our Kang of the Rang, Barrett, is my most underrated.

jmdajr

I feel that Ambrose can break out at any moment. The tools are there. Unlike say mid-carder for life Cesaro.

edit: lol at the picture. well.....

klonere

Banned
He over delivered at mania.

The two matches with Taker blew my expectations out of the water and I actively dislike Taker. Don't give a shit about the guy. Brock was also in the Rumble 3 way which is a sleeper top 10 MOTY candidate, can't see how he could be overrated tbh.

I think our Kang of the Rang, Barrett, is my most underrated.

He is mad underrated Sunny, give the man time to talk and he can, even if he's not as well versed in the ring as many of the indie bred chaps on the roster he has WWE style of wrasslin' down meaning he tends to mesh well with most opponents.

It's between him and Stardust/Rhodes for me, maybe Ryback at a distant third.

Top Bottom