• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

KINGS OF WRESTLING VS PUNK AND ROLLINS.

On the new NXT DVD

CUmLIwqWEAAbVGH.jpg

I can't believe it took over three years for this match to be seen.

klonere

Banned
You're too harsh on Taker. The guy has given 25 years to the company. This is just a farewell run leading up to Mania...I think.

And let's not act as if Bray wasn't damaged goods going into this already. He's lost pretty much all his major feuds. What's one more batch of jobs to a legend? Let's look back and see if he's not rewarded for this next year. I hope he is. Once he gets on another hot streak, these losses will mean nothing. We shouldn't be blaming Taker for the booking/writing going on here.

Bray gets good tv time and I'm sure he's also making some bank. He'll be fine.

Wasn't his farewell tour meant to be the WM where he beat HHH again? The end of an era? He's meant to be a once a year special attraction and this year they had him kill Bray - twice - and trotted him out to fight Brock - twice. He's an old, terrible looking limited legend who needs to be coming in now to put over brand new talent on a roster that is desperately thin.

Instead we get that old, terrible looking legend killing some young dudes for no reason other than VKM is only thinking about filling that AT&T in March and needs Taker in some sort of credible state. And you think they are going to have Taker lose what could be his final match, in his home state, at the biggest WM ever? Fuck Taker.

This can all be redeemed by having Balor go over him at WM clean :D

Wasn't his farewell tour meant to be the WM where he beat HHH again? The end of an era? He's meant to be a once a year special attraction and this year they had him kill Bray - twice - and trotted him out to fight Brock - twice. He's an old, terrible looking limited legend who needs to be coming in now to put over brand new talent on a roster that is desperately thin.

Instead we get that old, terrible looking legend killing some young dudes for no reason other than VKM is only thinking about filling that AT&T in March and needs Taker in some sort of credible state. And you think they are going to have Taker lose what could be his final match, in his home state, at the biggest WM ever? Fuck Taker.

This can all be redeemed by having Balor go over him at WM clean :D

Balor?

I see your avatar.

And a noted lack of Sheamus attacks in your post.

I see how it is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep. He could've easily chose to be the champion his entire time on SD as head honcho like Hunter did on Raw, instead he was chasing the title and not winning much.

2008 85.6% win rate
2007 85.5% win rate
2006 77.4% win rate
2005 87.7% win rate
2004 90.9% win rate

Dion314

Neo Member
Unpopular opinion:

For a man many of his peers are calling "the most respected individual in the history of the sport", he hasn't done much to return the favor and help get anyone over this year.

The only issue I have is the Wyatt "feuds". They build a story then Taker wins for...reasons which he gets a pass on because he's Taker. This last Wyatt feud was a waste for all parties involved.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only issue I have is the Wyatt "feuds". They build a story then Taker wins for...reasons which he gets a pass on because he's Taker. This last Wyatt feud was a waste for all parties involved.

Eh, it popped crowds across the globe and helped fill a month of programming. Really good for two elder statesmen of wrestling.

Fox318

When I think of people Taker helped build or put over I can think of a few

Steve Austin
Heel Bret
Brock
Mankind
Kane
Batista
Edge

Biker Taker really didn't help anyone get over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He helped put The Shield over...kinda.

Ironically, Evolution/Triple H did way more for the Shield than Undertaker ever did.

like the only person I can think of sincerely is Jeff Hardy., And Undertaker won that match and never even bothered to feud with him or anything during that angle. And it's not like Jeff wasn't already insanely over long before Undertaker showed up.

How about when Maven elimintated Undertaker?... Except the next 3 weeks was Undertaker squashing Maven to make sure everyone knew he was the kayfabe strongest. Got to keep Taker strong.

Which talent did Undertaker put over again?

Well he helped legitimize the main event runs of Edge and JBL, helped Jeff Hardy's initial move into the main event, made Batista look like his equal if not his superior, Brock of course, Mr. Kennedy's first big break, rejuvenated a then-stagnant Orton, Kurt angle when he started moving away from being goofy, was a regular whipping boy for Austin and The Rock, Mick Foley (people credit Foley with rejuvenating Taker, which is true, but Taker was absolutely in a position to deny working with Foley), Maven that one time, Koslov, and John cena when he was coming up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Outside of Austin, who was suppsoed to as well, EVERYONE put Brock over because the whole company was behind him as the next face of the company.
Well he helped legitimize the main event runs of Edge and JBL, helped Jeff Hardy's initial move into the main event, made Batista look like his equal if not his superior, Brock of course, Mr. Kennedy's first big break, rejuvenated a then-stagnant Orton, Kurt angle when he started moving away from being goofy, was a regular whipping boy for Austin and The Rock, Mick Foley (people credit Foley with rejuvenating Taker, which is true, but Taker was absolutely in a position to deny working with Foley), Maven that one time, Koslov, and John cena when he was coming up.

Edge and JBL - John Cena and John Cena. If anything, Edge helped revitalize Undertaker, not the other way around.
Batista - Batista was already the second biggest face of the company before his feud with Undertaker
Brock - Rock was Brock's first big break. Shit, Hogan did more for Brock than Undertaker did.
Kurt's being taken serious gimmick came off his feud with the Invasion angle and Triple H and Benoit.

like the fact that you cited Maven says it all because he didn't do shit for Maven and made sure to bury him the very next week.

Edge and JBL - John Cena and John Cena. If anything, Edge helped revitalize Undertaker, not the other way around.

I don't recall Cena being involved with the La Famiglia or JBL's cabinet angles

Batista - Batista was already the second biggest face of the company before his feud with Undertaker

Batista's feud with Taker and the amount of punishment he took during that time is unquestionably what put him over the top.

Brock - Rock was Brock's first big break. Shit, Hogan did more for Brock than Undertaker did.

We'll have to agree to disagree

Kurt's being taken serious gimmick came off his feud with the Invasion angle and Triple H and Benoit.

Who then spent a short amount of time as a wig wearing joke until the likes of Hogan and Taker tapped out to him

like the fact that you cited Maven says it all because he didn't do shit for Maven and made sure to bury him the very next week.

He dropped the hardcore title to him and never got it back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He dropped the hardcore title to him and never got it back.

And check out the hardcore champions before and after Undertaker and what that did for it and Maven

Jeff Hardy
Rob Van Dam
Jeff Hardy
Rob Van Dam
Kurt Angle
Rob Van Dam
The Undertaker
Maven
Goldust
Al Snow
Maven
Spike Dudley