• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

kiguel182

Raw Viewership for 11/23:

8pm: 3.190
9pm: 2.990
10pm: 2.712

Avg: 2.964

Wow first time below 3 million viewers. The Sheamus and Reigns era bombed on night one.

On one hand I don't like to wish things to succeed but on the other the product is bad and it's kinda good the ratings reflect that. I'm conflicted.

And Mick is right. Sasha vs Becky in a throwaway match is a fucking disgrace. These women could be huge starts and make them money and they don't care and don't even try.

jmdajr

Not to rain on your parade but the NFL game did lead to everything else being down and yet Raw was still ranked 4 and 5 and 8 on cable that day.

The viewership bombed but does USA have anything else that is original that draws better than wrestling right now?

See. I told you all about Brady. The John Cena of wrestling.

One has to wonder what the ratings would have done if it was Owens as the champ in an upset victory? I bet they would have easily seen an increase in ratings over the past few weeks.

Eh he's just another dude hanging around trading wins with everyone, he's not special anymore like he was in his debut.

imBask

Banned
On one hand I don't like to wish things to succeed but on the other the product is bad and it's kinda good the ratings reflect that. I'm conflicted.

And Mick is right. Sasha vs Becky in a throwaway match is a fucking disgrace. These women could be huge starts and make them money and they don't care and don't even try.

you can bet your ass we won't see them fight for a while, they RUINED THE RATINGS!*

*according to WWEs dumb logic

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One has to wonder what the ratings would have done if it was Owens as the champ in an upset victory? I bet they would have easily seen an increase in ratings over the past few weeks.

Why? Owens drives ratings? Does he have crossover appeal?

Dion314

Neo Member
1BWyFw1.gif

Props to whoever made this. One of the best gifs ever

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

In the short term, probably. But these upper mid-card guys have all been champ before and it didn't do shit long term.

Striker

Hall said Bret has a picture of himself in wrestling gear in every room of his house. And a giant portrait of himself in his entrance attire literally above his bed
Coming from an alchy who no-shows his appearances every other event and doesn't sign a kid's (who is fighting cancer) birthday card probably because he's too hungover.

kiguel182

Not to rain on your parade but the NFL game did lead to everything else being down and yet Raw was still ranked 4 and 5 and 8 on cable that day.

The viewership bombed but does USA have anything else that is original that draws better than wrestling right now?

Thing is they are they gaining viewers? Ever?

They are hovering the 3 million line every week and slowly losing people. For how long is this sustainable?

Aiii

So not worth it
Why? Owens drives ratings? Does he have crossover appeal?

Because it wasn't predictable. It would have been a fresh face. It wouldn't have been one of the two guys nobody really wanted as champion. Crossover appeal is irrelevant, it just needs to appeal to us wrestling fans.

Because it wasn't predictable. It would have been a fresh face. It wouldn't have been one of the two guys nobody really wanted as champion. Crossover appeal is irrelevant, it just needs to appeal to us wrestling fans.
Everything appeals to wrestling fans because they always watch WWE. That's not an excuse.

Is Cena going to pull a Hogan and wait for MNF to end before he comes back?

TLC is December 13.

The last MNF game is December 28.

Monday Night Raws before the Rumble are on January 4, January 11, and January 18.

Royal Rumble is January 24, 2016. '

There's definitely time for Cena to come back and pop a rating before Royal Rumble.

imBask

Banned
Don't you hate Becky?

Are you breaking kayfabe? We don't stand for that around here.

I wouldn't doubt that either

both Becky and Bayley are good wrestlers.

Both have atrocious gimmicks that I do not want to see on my TV screen ever, but in a match? that's fine

kiguel182

both Becky and Bayley are good wrestlers.

Both have atrocious gimmicks that I do not want to see on my TV screen ever, but in a match? that's fine

Becky's gimmick on NXT was different from her Raw persona.

Still, I still have some hope you'll turn around.

kiguel182

I want to point out that WWE gave up on Bryan after than one SummerSlam kinda underperformed.

Reigns is still going to be champion no matter what.

And that, people, is why you can't make an underdog story with Reigns.

imBask

Banned
Becky's gimmick on NXT was different from her Raw persona.

Still, I still have some hope you'll turn around.

both gimmicks are equally horrible though, the "look at me I love metal such as slipknot XD" was bad, but the "i'm steampunk now, comicon is fun! XDDD" might be the worst of all time

Ithil

Everything appeals to wrestling fans because they always watch WWE. That's not an excuse.

Clearly they don't, going by these ratings.

RAW November 24th, 2014
Hour one - 4.73 million
Hour two - 3.99 million
Hour three - 4.01 million
Average - 4.23 million

RAW November 23rd, 2015
Hour one - 3.19 million
Hour two - 2.99 million
Hour three - 2.71 million
Average - 2.96 million

If the story of how Reigns will come after the authority and the title couldn't draw in the viewers, I don't see how an inevitable 20 minute congratulatory promo would.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
both gimmicks are equally horrible though, the "look at me I love metal such as slipknot XD" was bad, but the "i'm steampunk now, comicon is fun! XDDD" might be the worst of all time

Any gimmick Becky Lynch does will be over with me

kiguel182

The most hilarious part of this "crossover appeal" talk is that it makes no sense.

How about they focus on guys that can put a good product and then go from there?

There are like three guys in wrestling that did something outside of it. Are you giving up on guys just because they aren't The Rock or Hulk Hogan? That's a dumb way to go at it.

They should start for getting guys over with their audience and build them instead of treating everyone but one guy like crap because he is good looking and might have some weird mainstream appeal.

Any guy can have mainstream appeal. Especially if treated right.

She was a punk rock chick! How can someone hate a punk rock chick...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who does? Reigns? Reigns can't even act inside a squared circle?

I don't think cross over appeal factors into why people watch a show.

"HEY! This guy has cross over appeal, maybe I should tune in !"

I think it does. People will sit through wrestling to see Lord Sina since they saw him that morning on the Today Show. Reigns is attractive. Goes a long way towards roping in that audience.

imBask

Banned
as I said before I think we're due for a WWE crash, the cynicism is off the chart and we're past the point where even if Stone Cold came back people would say "well they're just going to ruin him too"

it's over folks, LU is our lord and savior now

Ithil

as I said before I think we're due for a WWE crash, the cynicism is off the chart and we're past the point where even if Stone Cold came back people would say "well they're just going to ruin him too"

it's over folks, LU is our lord and savior now

Last time Stone Cold was on RAW (his first appearance in four years) he had a nothing promo at the start of the show introducing the Undertaker, and then that was it.

So yeah.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im trying to figure this thread out, it seems like most people just want WWE to go away.

You all complain, but when Foley complains and articulates it much better than most people would, hes a baby, OK.
Everything that is disliked is immediately attributed to Vince.
Everyone hates Cena but people are counting the days until his return

Its probably the WWE's fault, but theres so much cynicism here that as a guy whos come back to wrestling in the last 4 months and has had a relatively good time doing it, I dont think any of you can be happy with the product no matter what they do.

Ithil

I think it does. People will sit through wrestling to see Lord Sina since they saw him that morning on the Today Show. Reigns is attractive. Goes a long way towards roping in that audience.

This is the whole thought process behind Reigns in the first place. "He's good looking, that means he'll pull in viewers and be a megastar" and "on paper he appears to have the attributes of a WWE main eventer, therefore he will be one".
At some point you really need to stop relying on hypotheticals for this guy.

Orton had all these "on paper" attributes too, but he never became that top guy despite all their efforts.

Aiii

So not worth it

Attractive is only a plus if it's combined with charisma. Cena's big strength is how easily he banters with tv show hosts. He's quick witted. Reigns has never been that guy and will never be the needy Cena for them.

Top Bottom