• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So what'd you guys buy for Black Friday

A replacement Xbone controller for my PC, Twin Peaks blu-ray, Adam West Batman Blu-Ray and Dropsy on Steam

Not that much really. I thought about a 3ds and Yokai Watch but Nintendo's laughable sales are gonna make me pass

Lothar

Banned
What are the best PS4 games that came out this year?

I have a PS4 but haven't played it since January. Been playing PS1 and PS2. (Lunar SSSC and Suikoden 1 are still awesome)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What are the best PS4 games that came out this year?

I have a PS4 but haven't played it since January. Been playing PS1 and PS2. (Lunar SSSC and Suikoden 1 are still awesome)

Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Guitar Hero Live
Mad Max
Until Dawn

Unless you mean exclusives then I don't know

Marvel

could never
fuck materialism.

Qik6lvh.gif

Need to get axiom verge. Besd good things about it

It's pretty great, started off feeling a bit too typical to the metroid formula but in the end became something quite different regarding how its powerups turned out.
Basically I'd see a Metroid powerup trope and then they'd subvert it and that became a big part of the fun.

That quote someone over on r/Squaredcircle dug up from a old Wrestling Observer is pretty great.

"...when a guy starts getting hot in WWF, they keep pushing him until he starts cooling off and if it means upsetting an established star, so be it. In WCW, when a guy starts getting hot, they immediately have an established star squash him, unless the company got the guy hot as opposed to one of those guys who just catches on for no apparent reason."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That quote someone over on r/Squaredcircle dug up from a old Wrestling Observer is pretty great.

"...when a guy starts getting hot in WWF, they keep pushing him until he starts cooling off and if it means upsetting an established star, so be it. In WCW, when a guy starts getting hot, they immediately have an established star squash him, unless the company got the guy hot as opposed to one of those guys who just catches on for no apparent reason."

Unless this is from 1993 this sounds backwards

6221%20-%20mask%20vader%20wcw.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1998. It still doesn't really make any sense as the only one standing in Austin's way was HBK, and he fucked right off anyways.

It also doesn't make sense
diamond%20dallas%20page%202.jpg

Who squashed DDP? Because that's the only person I can think of fitting that description.

I mean er um maybe we had heard through some of our connections that uh that was the case. I'm not entirely sure.

DMczaf

It also doesn't make sense
diamond%20dallas%20page%202.jpg

Who squashed DDP? Because that's the only person I can think of fitting that description.

I mean er um maybe we had heard through some of our connections that uh that was the case. I'm not entirely sure.

Not a good example.

DDP was Bischoff's friend.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think what big dave is saying that DDP was the one who got hot because he was booked that way, being friends with a lot of people higher up. Goldberg was also obviously booked strong until he won the belt, then got politiked to death.

There's really no one with an organic push in 1998 though that I can think of...

Jericho

I think what big dave is saying that DDP was the one who got hot because he was booked that way, being friends with a lot of people higher up. Goldberg was also obviously booked strong until he won the belt, then got politiked to death.

There's really no one with an organic push in 1998 though that I can think of...

Jericho

Buff Bagwell was pretty over during the NWO run

Lothar

Banned
1998. It still doesn't really make any sense as the only one standing in Austin's way was HBK, and he fucked right off anyways.

The date was October 1998 when Rock and Mankind were going into the main event. In WCW, at the same time the only star being made was Goldberg. They weren't doing anything with Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, etc.. They had to go to WWE to become big stars.

So I don't really play kideo games at all, anymore, but it seems to be the case that Wii U is something of a Gamecube-like system, yes? Not very strong sales-wise, and too many droughts of good games, but what is there is pretty damn great and makes it a good console to have?

Because I must admit, when Legend of Zelda eventually drops, I'll be very tempted to get it.

Anth0ny

So I don't really play kideo games at all, anymore, but it seems to be the case that Wii U is something of a Gamecube-like system, yes? Not very strong sales-wise, and too many droughts of good games, but what is there is pretty damn great and makes it a good console to have?

Because I must admit, when Legend of Zelda eventually drops, I'll be very tempted to get it.

very similar to the gamecube, yeah. not a fun console to buy at launch and endure all the droughts between games, but if you like nintendo and platinum games, there's a solid library right there.

by the time zelda drops you'd probably be able to find the console for $199, too. though I don't see anything topping today's $250 w/ splatoon and smash bundle any time soon.

Zach

You know, I'm almost through 1997 in my chronological viewings and I'd argue that WCW totally pushed a bunch of dudes and tried to get them over and had worthwhile storylines for a ton of guys. The problem wasn't that guys weren't pushed -- it was that there was very clearly a ceiling for most of the talent, which was unfortunate.

Mahonay

Banned

Gamecube had infinitely more third party support. Get a Wii U if you just want a machine to play Nintendo games. Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Super Mario 3D, there's definitely some good stuff there. I'd get one if the price dropped significantly.

very similar to the gamecube, yeah. not a fun console to buy at launch and endure all the droughts between games, but if you like nintendo and platinum games, there's a solid library right there.

by the time zelda drops you'd probably be able to find the console for $199, too. though I don't see anything topping today's $250 w/ splatoon and smash bundle any time soon.

I'm honestly not sure. I may just wait until like 2019 when I can find the console for $100, because I genuinely can't remember the last time I sat down and just played video games for the sake of playing video games. I think it's when I bought Tomba on the Playstation Store like 8 months ago? Zelda and Fallout 4 are the only games I've wanted to play in several years, because both series just kinda "click" with me in terms of aesthetic.

Top Bottom