• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
K it's downloading now, but slowly... and I'm heading out. I'll be back at like 1am PST (lol) and play for a bit if anyone's still on then. Otherwise, tomorrow and even more so on Sunday. Post some feedback in here on the other modes that weren't in the Demo? e.g. the new rating system for players interests me quite a bit, with stars and potential being totally re-done and all. (might have to look at Be a GM for that? or just Be a Pro probably works too lol)

Marvie_3

Banned
Three things we need to start working on now.

1. Positioning
Way too many guys out of position especially in the offensive zone. We can't generate any offense because nobody is going where they need to be. We're also a mess on the rush because we aren't spacing properly and it leaves the puck carrier with no options.​

2. Gap control on defense
We were getting walked around way too often at the blue line. You can't start moving backwards when the guy gets to you. You judge his speed coming in so you can be in motion before he gets to you.​

3. Way too many forced passes
I mentioned this earlier today but we can't force passes like this is NHL 12 anymore. We had a ton of turnovers trying to force passes when there was nothing open.​

It'll take awhile to get used to the game but this is stuff we need to get in our heads now before they turn into ugly habits.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We need to dump it more, myself included, it's too easy to poke check it off the guys stick coming into the zone.

Red_Man

I liked it when you scored when I passed it to you <3
Me too <3

We also gotta crash the net and watch our net, most of the goals scored against us were from the goalie fumbling it and the others guys cleaning up the scraps. Goalies are fumbling pretty much everything this time around.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Did they ever say what player type had highest for faceoffs? My Playmaker right now caps at 84.

Me too <3

We also gotta crash the net and watch our net, most of the goals scored against us were from the goalie fumbling it and the others guys cleaning up the scraps. Goalies are fumbling pretty much everything this time around.
Yeah that's pretty much how I got my two god awful goals

Marvie_3

Banned
jvyZuhvrUN5Lq.png

Marvie_3

Banned
I missed out on something, aye?

No. I was still reacting to the first set of jerseys Viz made tonight.

We didn't play too poorly considering it was the first day with the game and our players are shit. The 3 things we need to work on that I mentioned earlier still need a lot of work though.

Legit already at 100 turnovers. Get to work Viz.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I'm not gonna work on shit. +6 with 6g and 4 assists. fuck everything

Red_Man

Red_Man

Not really, but they don't call interference for shit. You get hit a lot away from the puck.

Smiley90

Finally home, gonna play for a bit soon. Hit me up with an invite at some point Marvie, so I can get some games in please? :)

EDIT: Screw that, I'm gonna play tomorrow morning, crashing too hard. Don't like having to get up at 6am at all.

Cake Boss

Banned
Have you guys noticed if the game's speed is a bit higher than the demo or is it essentially the same? Because usually the demo is a bit slower game speed wise than the final product.

Well its obviously slower because we're all 57-61 ovr.. Lol

VS mode feels slower and my pro is 75 speed so its not too far off my normal speed from last year

if anyone that is trying out for the 1 open defenseman position has season ticket and needs an invite post ur GT and I'll hook you up with one

Delryk

VS mode feels slower and my pro is 75 speed so its not too far off my normal speed from last year

if anyone that is trying out for the 1 open defenseman position has season ticket and needs an invite post ur GT and I'll hook you up with one

Ah. Dont play vs.

Man i sucked last nite. Thank god i didnt make the team lose.. Need to get used to the movenebts and stuff. Having probs getting positioned...

Cake Boss

Banned

WTF you last years pro speed was only 75? Why?

Smiley90

I'll be online in a few mins, sent a join request already, GT is my gafname

Cake Boss

Banned
i find it sad that we discuss topics on a forum and some of u still cant read for shit...

I said it wasnt far off from 75, NOT that it WAS 75, my guys speed was like 83-85 in NHL12

85 is pretty fucking far off from 75. big fucking difference in speed.

Maybe you need to read up the definition of far.

Smiley90

Like I pm'd, I have to see how good my wifi signal is on my xbox first game, if it's not good enough I'll hook up my xbox and bridge the connection, that usually improves it.

EDIT: that's what i meant goddamn. Sorry about that, I'll be right back, hooking up laptop.

Red_Man

The speed your player can actually reach feels faster, but because it's so much slower and difficult to pivot / stop and go in the opposite direction it feels slower. I'm glad I bought the season pass, so I can get used to this before the game actually launches.

Top Bottom