• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm actually loving everything pretty much, at least in VS mode. Once the poke check is toned down, it will help quite a bit. I just need to apply my VS stuff to my EASHL. I've been practicing tonight on a few changes to my game, hopefully they work out tomorrow.

Stat!

I have to leave my place for an hour. Any bets that the Purolator guy is waiting for me to leave before he comes?

I can keep watching vids on youtube.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have to leave my place for an hour. Any bets that the Purolator guy is waiting for me to leave before he comes?

I can keep watching vids on youtube.

No man, he'll knock on the apartment block and not ring the doorbell while you're home like mine did. Gonna pick it up today, only way to make it work.

Also:

Dear EB Games Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering NHL 13 on EBGames.ca. We have identified an issue with the DLC code provided by EA. Once the issue has been resolved, we will send out the Bonus DLC codes via email. Sorry for the inconvenience.

http://link.gamestop.com/t/2675534/129201295/71628462/0/

Seems like there is something wrong with the amazon codes too, so you might still get your boosts after all.

Smiley90

LOL they arent even boosts they are just sticks and skates.

That's what I'm saying, maybe the boost part of your preorder code is broken or your code redeemed the wrong thing, hence "you'll get your boosts after all"

Marvie_3

Banned
Good games last night. Great job
breakdancing
in net, Noz.

Marvie, thanks for your kindness in feeding Laserbot those delicious goals.

ibkjYUz4f2HB0s.gif

Stat!

I really feel like that Purolator sits outside my apartment, waits for me to leave, then delivers.

It's coming Friday...Maybe. If not I might have a lift (calling in a massive favour) but it's pretty annoying. I can't even trasnfer it to another location.

Smiley90

I really feel like that Purolator sits outside my apartment, waits for me to leave, then delivers.

It's coming Friday...Maybe. If not I might have a lift (calling in a massive favour) but it's pretty annoying. I can't even trasnfer it to another location.

I called and was able to transfer it, why can't you? Nothing close?

Stat!

I called and was able to transfer it, why can't you? Nothing close?

Nothing close. The closest terminal is way out of the city (I live in London). If you google the location, it has 35 reviews of all zero out of three. The buses don't run out there and I live pretty far. On top of that, Purolator can't tell you when they are delivering it. Only the day. And I really don't understand how they can expect you to wait around from 8:30 to 6.

I know Redman. I realize that. Now :/

Smiley90

Nothing close. The closest terminal is way out of the city (I live in London). If you google the location, it has 35 reviews of all zero out of three. The buses don't run out there and I live pretty far. On top of that, Purolator can't tell you when they are delivering it. Only the day. And I really don't understand how they can expect you to wait around from 8:30 to 6.

I know Redman. I realize that. Now :/

Hint: If you look online it will tell you at what time they made their first delivery attempt, and USUALLY their second delivery attempt will happen at the same time, +- 1h of that or so, since they do the same routes every day. When did they attempt to deliver last time? Ebgames should've sent you a tracking number. Worst case scenario, tell them to send it back to ebgames for you to pick up there if that's closer? ;)

Stat!

Hint: If you look online it will tell you at what time they made their first delivery attempt, and USUALLY their second delivery attempt will happen at the same time, +- 1h of that or so, since they do the same routes every day. When did they attempt to deliver last time? Ebgames should've sent you a tracking number. Worst case scenario, tell them to send it back to ebgames for you to pick up there if that's closer? ;)

Well, I mean, that's like a week. And I know that I can look online. I have been. The problem is, I am out of the house at that time usually for an hour or so usually. So yeah, last time it was 20 minutes later (today) but I didn't get there in time. So Friday or bust.

I made a mistake pre-ordering it online. At least I know I will eventually be playing....

Smiley90

Worst case, tell them to send it back to gamestop and pick it up from there, that SHOULD work.

Smiley90

Mhmm did the achievements unlock for you guys when importing the Early Release profile? I didn't get any achievements, even though I've done some of the achievements in the early release already :(

EDIT: Nvm they unlocked as soon as I connected to the internet, all good.

Delryk

Mhmm did the achievements unlock for you guys when importing the Early Release profile? I didn't get any achievements, even though I've done some of the achievements in the early release already :(

Yah i got like 4 achievements... But they are not hard to get....

Smiley90

Ah dang, forgot to buy a boost pack before this game. Should really do that afterwards... Are they available now? Is that what you guys are playing with?

Smiley90

Seriously Ican't do shit, constant stop and rhen sped up play wtf

EDIT: figured an AI player is better than me so i pulled the plug and restarted the router to make it better, hopefully.

Red_Man

How have any of you played over 40 games?
Game since Thursday + one class a day = lots of free gaming time. Plus this is the only game I play and I want my Legend 3 asap to get my player back to where he was.

Smiley90

Why the EASHL website doesn't show games played is honestly beyond me, it only lists goals/assists/points and everything else, but not games played per player? wat?

Marvie_3

Banned
Why the EASHL website doesn't show games played is honestly beyond me, it only lists goals/assists/points and everything else, but not games played per player? wat?

I don't get it either. It used to show GP but that changed this year for some reason.

CCF23

Is anyone else having issues with getting dropped from EASHL games? My buddy and I play with two Americans and we both get dropped at the exact same time as the other. It's always the Canadians that get dropped and never the Americans. He lives in Alberta and I live in BC.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is anyone else having issues with getting dropped from EASHL games? My buddy and I play with two Americans and we both get dropped at the exact same time as the other. It's always the Canadians that get dropped and never the Americans. He lives in Alberta and I live in BC.

Hasn't really happened much this year but in 12, Canadians on our club were always getting dropped.

Stat!

Purolator delivered today despite me telling them not to deliver the product since I wouldn't be home. So they said its tomorrow or bust for me :/

yall whiny Canadians complainin bout Murica again?

wooooo-murica--23052.jpg

Red_Man

EA said:
Tuner Updates:

Name: Pre-Release
Date: Pre-09/11/12 (Pre-Release)
Notes:
Goalies taking a better angle to the puck short side. This makes the slot more effective than bad angle shots when taking a good settled wrist shot. (short side is still possible but takes the goalie being a bit more out of position and/or a great shot)

Increase in penalties across the board (with a specific look at tripping)

Significantly lowered the chance of the high percentage goal where players were skating backwards then pivoting back to their forehand around the goalie

Significantly lowered the chance of the high percentage goal where players would use protect puck to circle around the net and tuck it in far side

Goalies are more effective on breakaways. Scoring on simpler dekes is much less effective but players can still score many ways on breakaways (shots or dekes to all parts of the net).

AI on All Star difficulty and above are more aggressive.

Goalie will no longer try to cover pucks that are far beyond their reach.

Goalies react better to shots on the rush since they anticipate a shot more than when a team has setup and they have to track multiple players.

Backwards skating with the puck is less effective.
Nothing for poke check? SMFH

Delryk

The two games we played... The other team got 13 shots combined and still got 4 goals against us on the cheezy top corner BS.

tuner didnt help much id say.

Red_Man

Nah the poke check is good, you gotta be more creative entering the zone this year. If you can get the speed on the defender, chances are you'll fly past him
You can't do shit in the offensive zone though. The only thing you can do is pass it back to the point. If the other team has 3 guys in front of the net spamming it you literally can't do anything, can't make any passes or shit. I don't think it needs to be nerfed to '12 levels, but it needs to be toned down a bit.

zsswimmer

You can't do shit in the offensive zone though. The only thing you can do is pass it back to the point. If the other team has 3 guys in front of the net spamming it you literally can't do anything, can't make any passes or shit. I don't think it needs to be nerfed to '12 levels, but it needs to be toned down a bit.

Yeah but what other tools do dmen have? Hitting is so inconsistent it doesn't seem worth it, and pivoting around to backskate or get stick position can be tricky and leaves you quite vunerable to being passed.

I'd say other things need fixing, like the hitting or the really shitty shots that go in net before toning the poke check down.

Passing back to the point is a viable option that our club doesnt even employ :x

Marvie_3

Banned
Nah the poke check is good, you gotta be more creative entering the zone this year. If you can get the speed on the defender, chances are you'll fly past him
This. If you try to skate through people like in 12 you're going to lose the puck. Pretty simple.

Yeah but what other tools do dmen have? Hitting is so inconsistent it doesn't seem worth it, and pivoting around to backskate or get stick position can be tricky and leaves you quite vunerable to being passed.

I'd say other things need fixing, like the hitting or the really shitty shots that go in net before toning the poke check down.

Passing back to the point is a viable option that our club doesnt even employ :x
I pass to the point. :(

Top Bottom