• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

We’re deploying a change to EASHL Matchmaking around 2-2:30 AM PDT to loosen the search parameters a bit to help top end clubs match up against lower to mid-tier clubs more frequently. Lower leveled clubs will still be preferred to match with each other, just like Elite clubs will prefer to match with one another, however the cross over should happen more frequently than it was earlier. Top clubs may still not be able to find a match right away, however we hope the wait times will drop significantly. We can make further adjustments as necessary.

we gon pwn sum n00bs 2nite ma dudez

Milly79

Hmm, so more tripping is a good thing. Poke still needs to be tuned to the rating you have. It's like you start out with 99.

Delryk

Itll come Milly.

I dont get how they are having problems with this still.

Pokecheck vs puck control

If stick check= 90 and puck control = 80. Then it should be eady to steal puck. if its the other way around then it should be almost impossible to steal puck.

Basically, they way i see it, Dmen should have an easier time to pokecheck than forwards but forwards should have a better overall puck control. forwards should be able to able to go though forwards fairly easu but a bit a skill through Dmen.

Now, they will eventually downgrade poking and playing D will be mostly useless again... Lol

Stat!

sorry the club has been disbanded, you took too long

maybe next year

Vis, I'd be lying if I said if that happened, no part of me would die.

I am up for many games tonight to make up for all my loss time. I am excited. No more customer support, no more waiting. Tonight, I dine. Then I'm up for some games.

Apparently the +5 boost for 1.99 isn't unlocking. Add to the fact that practice doesn't work and OTP/Club games are choppy and laggy... Doesn't look like they've been replying to any of the posters either.

EA really has no shame with releasing unfinished products, do they?

Stat!

Anyone up for some games?

For those playing HUT and NHL moments live for pucks, if you complete something on a higher difficulty, it will not let you get pucks from a lower difficulty but will not give you the rewards.

EDIT: I'm wrong completely actually. Basically, if you complete the lower difficulties the higher difficulties reduce in the number of pucks rewarded.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone up for some games?

For those playing HUT and NHL moments live for pucks, if you complete something on a higher difficulty, it will not let you get pucks from a lower difficulty but will not give you the rewards.

EDIT: I'm wrong completely actually. Basically, if you complete the lower difficulties the higher difficulties reduce in the number of pucks rewarded.

Simply said, easy might give 25, pro gives the 25 from easy plus an extra 25, veteran gives the 50 from pro plus 25 extra, etc. nothing "reduced" really. You can just get a certain number of maximum pucks, which you either get by getting 4x25 an slowly increasing difficulty, or just going for 100 on highest difficulty straight away.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I'm the only person who hasn't had a problem with lag in club games.

I only had it the first day or so. Tiny bit of input lag here and there but otherwise I've been fine.

And I almost just shit myself right now. I turned on my xbox and legit wasn't playing NHL. Blew my mind.

Stat!

Simply said, easy might give 25, pro gives the 25 from easy plus an extra 25, veteran gives the 50 from pro plus 25 extra, etc. nothing "reduced" really. You can just get a certain number of maximum pucks, which you either get by getting 4x25 an slowly increasing difficulty, or just going for 100 on highest difficulty straight away.

Yep. Which surprised me but oh well.

I just scored a sick slap pass goal in HUT that I'm going to upload.

I want to try that in EASHL. Defenseman shoots wide on purpose, forward comes skating in and taps it home. It was beautiful.

Noz is in the room but I dont think "there". So am I. Any one up for a game?

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I might get on too. Never count out a Laserbot! Actually, never count on a Laserbot. You might end up in a windowless van wearing a ball gag and with your eyes bleeding from the incessant flash-bulbing.

You'd think that after the 4th time that happened, I would have learned my lesson.

Milly79

That was the first night that I felt I played good and wasn't a detriment to the team. Think I may start playing LW more. Definitely helps because I can one-touch pass it without it being blind and going all over the place.

Revenant

good games, sorry if i was a little out of position those last two games, i was talking to someone, and how i also managed to hold onto the puck on that wide open net that one time, and then robbing milly of a goal on another.

Stat!

Lol last team we played, felt like all their players had 90 speed.

edit - ggs tonight!

Great games last night. I had a lot of fun playing with you guys.

I played with Noz at centre (who had a sick breakaway goal which was even better since I nearly screwed him up), Rev on the wing (who intentionally banked it off their player), Doktor on defense (who shut down guys who had speeds about 30 points higher than us or so it felt), and then later Vis on defense (1.9 seconds left to win the game). I had a ton of fun. We had great team defense and great offense going last night. I had a lot of fun.

Some intense 1 goal games too. Loved it. Look forward to some more games although I promise my guy will get better (but no promise on the tripping penalties). It was a nice return to EASHL after like 3 months off.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That was the first night that I felt I played good and wasn't a detriment to the team. Think I may start playing LW more. Definitely helps because I can one-touch pass it without it being blind and going all over the place.
This is good news, I can play RW with you on LW now if need be.

And I almost just shit myself right now. I turned on my xbox and legit wasn't playing NHL. Blew my mind.
B31Ej.jpg

So have the other guys who wanted tryouts actually played a game yet?

yup

Smiley played a bunch but didnt make the final cut
Swance played a few and left the club
and you have played a bunch

Marv tells me there may be 2 others trying out soon and we have not heard back from JambiBum who expressed interest before the game came out

don't worry about your "competition", you need to focus on playing better in almost all areas if you want to stick around

Revenant

finally something went right. Sorry about the defense guys, felt like I couldn't get it together throughout those games.

also Fuck Milly.

Marvie_3

Banned
finally something went right. Sorry about the defense guys, felt like I couldn't get it together throughout those games.

also Fuck Milly.
We got robbed in a few of those games.

You guys on D really screwed the pooch that last game though. That other team should have been held to 1 shot but they ended up with 5 or 6.

Stat!

I like everything about this post. I forgot what position you play? RW? Been a while since you played club.

It has been a while but I'm back with a vengeance. Well, mostly excitement and a new attitude. Not much vengeance to be fairly honest.

I mainly play RW and I'll play defence this year if we need some defenders (I set up C/RW/D/G and then I got lazy/tired of with LW and still haven't done that position yet :/)

Still centre? Ready to dominate with me tonight? Ready to lead this team to glory or more likely a few wins, an OT loss, and a really bad loss over the course of a couple hours?!?!?

Top Bottom