• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

im good anytime after 8pm tonight

we should probably play a regular season warmup game beforehand with our starting 5 to get acclimated/shake any rust

--

also 3 things we need to focus on tonight

1)NO GIVING UP BREAKAWAYS
Defensemen cannot get caught and give up easy breakaways. I will be playing D-Man so I'll do everything I can to prevent this, but Delyrk or whoever else is with me, needs to make sure they play off me in the offensive zone and not get caught puckwatching. If I happen to pinch (i will be playing more conservative) you have to fallback to the blueline to protect as the last man back and it would be helpful for a forward to rotate back as well (which most of our FWDs do instinctively already)

2)PREVENT FACEOFF GOALS
Centerman need to focus on either winning faceoffs in the defensive zone or at the very least attempting to tie-up to prevent those quick goals that have been getting scored on us lately. Center(Legit), if you have success early in the game winning draws go for the clean win, but if you are getting beat, go to the tie-up on these instead. I usually call the Aggressive Defensive formation everytime, so the FWD on the inside needs to make sure they run out immediately at that opposing FWD who lines up staggered when they use the Aggressive Offensive formation. Run at him every single time,(just assume we will lose the draw).

3)EXECUTE 2-ON-1 AND/OR 2-ON-0 OPPORTUNITIES
We will get some, probably not many, but we need to be on the same page and put the easy ones away. You have all seen that what I've told you about cross crease works. Make the pass earlier than usual, make sure not to overpower the pass and then the receiver needs to come across the net and shoot towards the side of the net the pass came from rather than try to sit across the net and go farside. 1 goal might be the difference, so we need to try to not botch easy ones like this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seeing as I'll be centering here's the basic plan for faceoff's tonight:

FO in their zone : Going to try to win it to the left D-man if it's on the right side, and vice versa
FO at their blueline : Going to tie up, wingers try and take it in.
FO at center ice : Going to go for a clean win to either D-man
FO at our blueline : Going to try to win it to a D-man
FO in our zone: What Viz says, but I'll probably be a tie up the majority of the time to avoid the risk of them getting it back to their d-man for a one timer

If I'm getting stumped by any team, I'll resort to tie ups. I'll still call out tie up, just to make sure you guys are ready. If you think I should adjust any of these strategies Viz, let me know what you think.

Also if either D-man wants to take it in CALL IT so a winger or myself knows to cover you, sometimes a D-man has taken in and I just haven't noticed and we're wide open on one of the sides. Lastly, D men need to avoid slap shots unless you're 100% sure you've got time. It almost never ends well and often ends in a 2 on 0 and 2 on 1 seeing as it's so easy to poke check the puck from you now. Wrister's seem more effective anyways.

Milly79

FO in their zone : Going to try to win it to the left D-man if it's on the right side, and vice versa
FO in our zone: What Viz says, but I'll probably be a tie up the majority of the time to avoid the risk of them getting it back to their d-man for a one timer

If I'm getting stumped by any team, I'll resort to tie ups. I'll still call out tie up, just to make sure you guys are ready. If you think I should adjust any of these strategies Viz, let me know what you think.

Also if either D-man wants to take it in CALL IT so a winger or myself knows to cover you, sometimes a D-man has taken in and I just haven't noticed and we're wide open on one of the sides.

Sending message out to all EASHL clubs. brb.

Red_Man

Sending message out to all EASHL clubs. brb.
Maybe this is an elaborate scheme to fool Soxfan since I know he's reading this and wants to play us, and that's the opposite of my FO plans ;)

I'm usually going at 70-80% on FO unless I run into a guy who has my number, so I'm not too worried.

Also if either D-man wants to take it in CALL IT so a winger or myself knows to cover you, sometimes a D-man has taken in and I just haven't noticed and we're wide open on one of the sides. Lastly, D men need to avoid slap shots unless you're 100% sure you've got time. It almost never ends well and often ends in a 2 on 0 and 2 on 1 seeing as it's so easy to poke check the puck from you now. Wrister's seem more effective anyways.

my old man glasses are broken and my cataracts are worse then usual today, I cant read all of those words

i had my seeing eye dog read it for me and he says it looks ok

Red_Man

I got a brand new controller today, my first one since 2007, if I don't get a hat trick in the first period of the first game I'm going back to EB Games and throwing it at the cashiers face.

playoffs are over as quick as they started

we lost 2-1 in OT to a pretty solid club

they got a goal a minute in on a wrister from the high slot they we didnt pressure enough. Game was pretty defensive the rest of the way with neither team really getting any good scoring chances. They went on the PP late in the 2nd period and Rev unleashed a smothering 1 man forecheck where he stole the puck from one guy 3 separate times then sniped a shot low far side. OT they got a harmless shot off they was blocked off by 1 of our guys that went right to another guys stick and u can imagine how that ended...

gg legit, aces, rev and delryk, the effort was there, we didnt really make any mistakes, just didnt create enough scoring chances

Stat!

That sucked. But at the end of the day, we're a top 500 club in the Elite division with an awesome first month. We are only going to get better.

Always look at the bright side of death?

Anyways, Im afraid to ask but anyone up for some games tonight?

Revenant

Girls watching a show, should be done around 12 est

sotd-disappointed.gif

Red_Man

Just lost to a team by 1 goal. Out shot them 31-9, and had 11 mins time on attack compared to their 3:41 min time on attack.....

BoXtw.gif

Delryk

Back with a vengeance i hope!..;)

Im up for playing from 6-11pm EST tonite. Lets get that october rocking even better than Sept.

Top Bottom