• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

gg's Aces, Schuey and Delrk

3-2 on the night wasn't too shabby, considering we ran out Schuey at Center and Delryk on the wing one game :)

Aces was pretty lethal in the games where he decided to grace us with his presence and I had some nice dishes to set up everyone

We are coming up on the playoffs, and I think we are gonna slightly deviate from the way of choosing who gets to play that we had originally planned (the same way as last year)

Instead of just going with whoever has played the most games I think we will also break it down into defensemen and forwards to make sure we can put a balanced lineup out there. We have some versatile guys out there, but here's how I see it right now as far as who can play each position effectively, this isn't set in stone for the year, but as for this month I think this how we should divide the pool of players we pick from for the playoff roster, to make sure we have solid picks at both ends of the ice:

Legit = FWD
Milly = FWD
Rev = FWD or DEF
Moop = FWD
Blinding = FWD
Aces = FWD
Viz = DEF or FWD
Swim = DEF
Dok = DEF
Schuey = DEF
Delryk = DEF

so whoever the top 3 forwards in games played, aka Legit and 2 others :)
and then the Top 2 defensmen with games played. The website doesnt have the games played on there so I dont have the totals but tentatively I think its looking like this right now if I remember right:

FWD: Legit, Moop, Milly
DEF: Delryk, Viz

There's still a good week left so things can change and the squad will also depend on people's availability, but just wanted to throw it out there. If anyone has any thoughts or better ideas I'm all ears.

found this on OS and the NHL13 forums

Tuner 1.03 is out

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8976019.page;jsessionid=20EC59095905443E6A6C891170BD66A5

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl/579580-tuner-1-03-out.html

Name:
Tuner 1.03

Date:

09/21/2012

Notes:
EASHL Only
  • Increased AI goalie glove and stick high ratings
  • Slightly lowered wrist shot accuracy
  • Increased AI goalie rebound control
  • Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

i don't remember getting one yesterday, but if so, the rebound control was still a joke in our games

zsswimmer

found this on OS and the NHL13 forums

i don't remember getting one yesterday, but if so, the rebound control was still a joke in our games

Well I'm glad about the last bullet point because I was playing some OTP and the AI were making ridiculously fast break out passes everytime someone called it from them

moop1167

Good games earlier today. I am going to head out for a bit but making it an earlier night so I should be able to get on around 11:30cst or somewhere around there.

Blinding

Good games guys, two of those three losses were definitely absolute bullshit. Got a pretty nice cycle going most games, just need to figure out how to bury the puck more.

Cake Boss

Banned
Have you guys figured out how to get your guy facing the right way in front of the net or the slot in order to recieve a pass properly? I tried using the Left Bumper but nothing.

Have you guys figured out how to get your guy facing the right way in front of the net or the slot in order to recieve a pass properly? I tried using the Left Bumper but nothing.

you have to use a combination of LT while turning your guy slightly with the LS, it's a pain and is pretty unreliable, but I haven't found a better way yet

Stat!

you have to use a combination of LT while turning your guy slightly with the LS, it's a pain and is pretty unreliable, but I haven't found a better way yet

It's pretty annoying. I dont understand why they keep some of the controls. For example, the chop/pokecheck shouldn't be the same button as shoot for the non-human.

Anyways, afternoon games anyone?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
GG's tonight, had a couple shit losses but besides that we were rolling, AND Swim got a goal somehow

gg's tonight

I'll try to remember to upload those videos I took tomorrow...

Moop had a nice no look backwards chop centering pass to Legit one game who froze the goalie and scored. Then in the same game Moop had a no look saucer pass to Blinding who curled out from behind the net to finish. Some nice playmaking there by Mr. V-Necks

Does anyone know if the deking attribute actually affects stickhandling, or is it just loose-puck deking?

I'm asking because if it's the latter, the stat is useless to me.

Cake Boss

Banned
Does anyone know if the deking attribute actually affects stickhandling, or is it just loose-puck deking?

I'm asking because if it's the latter, the stat is useless to me.

It affects the loose puck decking and most importantly how the goalie reacts to your deking on one on one situations.

Delryk

Pierres-Poutine.jpg

Red_Man

Pierre's Poutine is the shit. GG's tonight too, 2 triple OT's, and another "Own Goal", we should start putting these in their own record categories.

Red_Man

Last night before the playoffs, time to get some good practice games in before we do the playoffs.

Milly79

What's the playoff roster looking like? If I'm in the mix, I'll hop on for some games tonight. if not, I'll probably pass and let those that need to practice play.

Red_Man

As far as I know, Myself, Moop, Aces, Viz and Delryk, because you left at one point and came back so your GP was cut off.

What's the playoff roster looking like? If I'm in the mix, I'll hop on for some games tonight. if not, I'll probably pass and let those that need to practice play.

C- Legit
LW- Moop
RW - ACES
LD - Viz
RD- Delryk

you are the forward with the 4th most games played I think as of yesterday missing the cut, I have no idea how many games you played before you hopped so I'm going off whatever the roster screen says

I probably wont be on at all tonight

Milly79

you are the forward with the 4th most games played I think as of yesterday missing the cut, I have no idea how many games you played before you hopped so I'm going off whatever the roster screen says

If that were the case, I would have more than Aces. Not stressing over it.

here are the GAMES PLAYED totals for September as of right now:

Projected Starters
First Alternates

1. Legit 167
  2. Delryk 121
  3. Moop 119
  4. Viz 115
  5. Aces 63
  6. Milly 55
  7. Rev 55
  8. Swim 40
  9. Blinding 35
  10. Schuey 28
  11. Dok 15

playoffs start tomorrow night, what day/night works best for everyone?

and I also got a chance to upload some videos I had sitting around, enjoy

Moop Backhand Chop Assist
Moop Perfect Timing Sauce to Blinding
Moop Spinning Feed To Swim
Viz Stop Blind Backhand Sauce
Proof That Goalies Are Smarter in NHL13...

Red_Man

Not sure if I'll be free tomorrow, have a job interview, and some school shit, but if not tomorrow I'll be free Thursday. I'll know around tomorrow afternoon if I can play tomorrow or not.

Stat!

Any time before 9:15 or after 12 on weekdays. Weekends work great though. We dont have to play all games in one night though, right?

Red_Man

Looks like it will have to be tomorrow then, I probably wont be around Friday / Saturday and it's better to play ASAP.

I can do tomorrow but not Friday

from what everyone is saying it's looking like tomorrow is our best chance of fielding the most players who made the playoff roster, so we will give it a shot with whoever is available

Are you guys down for a GAF vs GAF game some time after the playoffs?

its up to everyone here, I don't care either way

Top Bottom