• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If it shows me on tonight it's my stupid roommates using my xbox to watch a video. Since I won't be on, I'm going to have to have someone else record the Moop Line Of The Night if he plays.

moop1167

efe84_ORIG-predator_handshake.gif

ggs tonight Aces, Legit, Delryk and Schuey

I'm gonna keep working on my Canadian accent to try to fit in with you guys since all my Murican' compatriots have abandoned me, aye

Red_Man

Bagged milk as a pre-game drink is a must as well.

Up and down night, going to adjustment my player type again.

Milly79

Moop quote of the night:
Me: "Who is Vis?"
Moop: "African"

The much anticipated NHL 13 title update arrives early next week, check out the details below.

Gameplay Updates
Separated ability for backwards to forwards pivot for ‘with puck’ and ‘without puck’ and made it quicker to pivot without the puck.
Poke checking – fixed bug causing players to always miss to the same side of the puck.
Goalies will be more aware of shots right off a faceoff in the offensive zone.
Goalies will have a harder time dealing with screens.
Ability to tune shooting back against the grain so it can be less accurate/effective than shooting with your weight behind the shot and moving towards your shooting direction.
Ability for players to be more susceptible to lose the puck when getting hit while skating backwards with the puck at speed.
Prevented desperation shots from knocking the puck away from the goalie minimizing the strategy of diving at the goalie to knock the puck loose.
Fixed shootout logic in GM Connected to include both locked and unlocked users.
Allowed BAP games to resume from simulation in the middle of a shift (fixed crash when sim intervening).
Fixed goals screening goalie stat.
Goalie has a better chance of squaring up to shots from far out.
Improved orientation of off-puck players in one-timer situations.
Improved AI behavior against a back skating puck carrier.
Fixed hit power sliders so only the hitter’s slider value matters.
Fixed AI players occasionally standing around looking at the puck when resuming from simulation in BAP.
Fixed BAP being taken off the ice after a short shift that results in a stoppage.
Fixed rapidly spinning players in BAP when resuming from simulation.
Ability to tune players puck control coming out of a 45 glide deke.
Ability to tune CPU pass error on long passes.
Improved puck hop behavior when it hits the boards.
Pokechecking effectiveness range tweaked. Players with better stick checking skill will stand out more compared to players with lover ratings in that category.
Tuned goalies and shooting accuracy to ensure shots in the slot/middle of the ice are more effective than shots from sharp angles.

Presentation and Graphics

NEW - Added unique (green) Reebok 20K EA Sport branded skates and stick to the RBK pre-order pack (XBOX).
NEW - Added unique (blue) Reebok 20K EA Sport branded skates and stick to the RBK pre-order pack (PS3).
NEW -2012 Winter Classic Jerseys (PHI / NYR) now selectable in regular game modes.
Reduces frame rate jitter on the Xbox 360 as experienced by a number of players in all game modes but was most noticeable in OTP/EASHL (XBOX).
Replay Wipe timing fixed.
Commentary for replays won’t continue if a replay has been skipped.
Action Tracker post effects (barrel distortion on net cam) is working correctly.
Tampereen Ilves home/away jerseys now displays correct logo.
Dynamic board ads added to Toronto’s stadium.
Snow on players/goaltender/environment now fades out more smoothly/realistically.
Flag holders in the Winter Classic stadium now stand correctly at all corners of the flag.
Lulea HF center ice logo now displaying correctly.
Transition wipes should no longer hold on white frame longer than necessary.
Boston jumbotron no longer white; has proper textures (PS3).
Rare occurrence of skate spray not lining up correctly with action now fixed inside of the Action Tracker.
Shuffling of NIS’ has been improved. Less chance of seeing the same NIS inside of the same game.
Goalie stick mirroring has been corrected. Blade will now be pointing in the right direction during shootout NIS’.
NHL Moments Live snow build up on ice will now work correctly.
Calgary Flames now have proper logos on helmet for both Home/Away.
Prevented replay speech from playing over top a fight or if goof off is skipped.

Online Team Play / EASHL

Addressed an issue where team members from different regions could not match up together in a club practice and the matchmaking would fail as a result.
Fixed PS3 microphone fluctuations when not set in HQ mode.
Resolved an issue with EASHL matchmaking where it was returning the captain’s versus skill level instead of the club’s skill level. This will improve the accuracy of matchmaking.
Addressed an issue where Hockey Shop Boosts were being unequipped to the player’s EASHL Pro upon reboot of their console.

Moop quote of the night:
Me: "Who is Vis?"
Moop: "African"

The much anticipated NHL 13 title update arrives early next week, check out the details below.

Gameplay Updates
Separated ability for backwards to forwards pivot for ‘with puck’ and ‘without puck’ and made it quicker to pivot without the puck.
Poke checking – fixed bug causing players to always miss to the same side of the puck.
Goalies will be more aware of shots right off a faceoff in the offensive zone.
Goalies will have a harder time dealing with screens.

Ability to tune shooting back against the grain so it can be less accurate/effective than shooting with your weight behind the shot and moving towards your shooting direction.
Ability for players to be more susceptible to lose the puck when getting hit while skating backwards with the puck at speed.
Prevented desperation shots from knocking the puck away from the goalie minimizing the strategy of diving at the goalie to knock the puck loose.
Fixed shootout logic in GM Connected to include both locked and unlocked users.
Allowed BAP games to resume from simulation in the middle of a shift (fixed crash when sim intervening).
Fixed goals screening goalie stat.
Goalie has a better chance of squaring up to shots from far out.
Improved orientation of off-puck players in one-timer situations.
Improved AI behavior against a back skating puck carrier.
Fixed hit power sliders so only the hitter’s slider value matters.
Fixed AI players occasionally standing around looking at the puck when resuming from simulation in BAP.
Fixed BAP being taken off the ice after a short shift that results in a stoppage.
Fixed rapidly spinning players in BAP when resuming from simulation.
Ability to tune players puck control coming out of a 45 glide deke.
Ability to tune CPU pass error on long passes.
Improved puck hop behavior when it hits the boards.
Pokechecking effectiveness range tweaked. Players with better stick checking skill will stand out more compared to players with lover ratings in that category.
Tuned goalies and shooting accuracy to ensure shots in the slot/middle of the ice are more effective than shots from sharp angles.

Presentation and Graphics

NEW - Added unique (green) Reebok 20K EA Sport branded skates and stick to the RBK pre-order pack (XBOX).
NEW - Added unique (blue) Reebok 20K EA Sport branded skates and stick to the RBK pre-order pack (PS3).
NEW -2012 Winter Classic Jerseys (PHI / NYR) now selectable in regular game modes.
Reduces frame rate jitter on the Xbox 360 as experienced by a number of players in all game modes but was most noticeable in OTP/EASHL (XBOX).
Replay Wipe timing fixed.
Commentary for replays won’t continue if a replay has been skipped.
Action Tracker post effects (barrel distortion on net cam) is working correctly.
Tampereen Ilves home/away jerseys now displays correct logo.
Dynamic board ads added to Toronto’s stadium.
Snow on players/goaltender/environment now fades out more smoothly/realistically.
Flag holders in the Winter Classic stadium now stand correctly at all corners of the flag.
Lulea HF center ice logo now displaying correctly.
Transition wipes should no longer hold on white frame longer than necessary.
Boston jumbotron no longer white; has proper textures (PS3).
Rare occurrence of skate spray not lining up correctly with action now fixed inside of the Action Tracker.
Shuffling of NIS’ has been improved. Less chance of seeing the same NIS inside of the same game.
Goalie stick mirroring has been corrected. Blade will now be pointing in the right direction during shootout NIS’.
NHL Moments Live snow build up on ice will now work correctly.
Calgary Flames now have proper logos on helmet for both Home/Away.
Prevented replay speech from playing over top a fight or if goof off is skipped.

Online Team Play / EASHL

Addressed an issue where team members from different regions could not match up together in a club practice and the matchmaking would fail as a result.
Fixed PS3 microphone fluctuations when not set in HQ mode.
Resolved an issue with EASHL matchmaking where it was returning the captain’s versus skill level instead of the club’s skill level. This will improve the accuracy of matchmaking.
Addressed an issue where Hockey Shop Boosts were being unequipped to the player’s EASHL Pro upon reboot of their console.

my African ass is happy about this

Delryk

It looped 3-4 times out of my 5-6 fights.. So i stopped fighting when losing now.. Lol unless the other team really wants to fight! Heheh.

Milly79

Shitty games all around. I definitely didn't help.

I will say this: I'm done playing LW.

Also, Aces: If you're gonna play RW, please play RW. I would have preferred RW had I known you'd be on my side of the ice almost 85% of the games.

Stat!

Games right now?

EDIT: Good games. Sorry for bailing on the chat and playing poorly in certain games overall. I was balancing playing, fighting with the gf over skype, and this stupid fly.

It was an odd night I had. I know at a few points I was trying to swat a fly that was on me (while I unknowingly had the puck) and as a result didnt pass to Moop/Legit.

ggs piled up a bunch of wins tonight and are starting to get back to playing our caliber of hockey

no worries Aces, I honestly didnt notice you were playing bad

one thing to focus on, and this may have been due to your distractions or not, but when you are breaking out along the boards looking for a long outlet pass from the D make sure you stay along the boards the entire time unless it's defended completely. There were a couple times I tried to hook you up with a long pass when you were wide open and you drafted/cut back towards the middle just enough to miss the pass. Gotta hug those boards for me.

edit: and here's a nice highlight from Moop and Aces tonight: http://youtu.be/t2s8yi1qFOU

Revenant

i may be on later, but first I gotta watch Stafford Truffle Shuffle his way to a 20% completion rate when the Bears slap the lions around.

Stat!

ggs piled up a bunch of wins tonight and are starting to get back to playing our caliber of hockey

no worries Aces, I honestly didnt notice you were playing bad

one thing to focus on, and this may have been due to your distractions or not, but when you are breaking out along the boards looking for a long outlet pass from the D make sure you stay along the boards the entire time unless it's defended completely. There were a couple times I tried to hook you up with a long pass when you were wide open and you drafted/cut back towards the middle just enough to miss the pass. Gotta hug those boards for me.

edit: and here's a nice highlight from Moop and Aces tonight: http://youtu.be/t2s8yi1qFOU

Honestly, it was probably both :p. But I'll make a point of it tomorrow to catch myself from doing it. Thanks for the heads up. We did have some sick goals yesterday too.

I'm on now if anyone is up from games, I'm on now.

Red_Man

GG's all, pretty sure we didn't lose any actually. Had a couple good come from behind and force OT wins, including one were I scored of a sweet pass from Moop with 8 seconds left in the 3rd, and Moop went on to score in OT.

Delryk

Aces on left wing and me on right actually worked well, IMO.

I think you being more of a passer and him sniper, it makes more sense anyway. Its easier to make passes on the side you're used to. Without passes the sniper cant score. ;)

Showed especially with your 4 "primary" assists in that one game.. Lol

Top Bottom