• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Selection 2 |OT| You're Squad 5

tci

So, anyone up for some games in a little while? I'm going to buy some stuff now and will be back in about 30 min.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out the hard way that Exo's can't be beacon'd back to base.

So, if you've got a team of Exo's bearing down on your Hive, just bum-rush their base with skulks. Take out the power really quick and the CC.

bdrob

Just Created a Steam Group for us all. I need to set it up but I think I got it right... Post your Steam infos to get invite please!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeoGAFNS2

Invite please: bdrob

Tried my hand at some Marine comming earlier, enjoyed it but for me this game is all about the Aliens, just like NS1.

Marines are great and all but feel like pretty familiar growing up on millions of FPSs; Aliens on the other hand ...

I recommend people check out pro games being cast by blind. he has a great sense of the game and pretty much understands all decisions being made. Also the teams playing are usually very good. This should give new players a sense as to how intense the game really is and how it can be played (will tech you some things too!)

Link to the stream (currently live scrim)

The best team now is probably archaea, then inversion, duplex and nxzl being in there somewhere.

tci

Taking a break from NS2 to watch some MLG. Will play again in a few hours. Had some great games now. Lots of fun when people play and communicates properly.

if anyone has future invite to this game I would love to try it out spent my cash on zombie U but have done some research on this game looks pretty stellar.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Add me to the group: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wario64/

If anyone wants to add me, let me know you're from GAF (through PM I guess) or else I won't add you. Or if we have friends in common, I'll accept it. Trying to clamp down on random invites

I keep forgetting if you're on my friends list. I'll have to check when I'm at my PC.

I recommend people check out pro games being cast by blind. he has a great sense of the game and pretty much understands all decisions being made. Also the teams playing are usually very good. This should give new players a sense as to how intense the game really is and how it can be played (will tech you some things too!)

The best team now is probably archaea, then inversion, duplex and nxzl being in there somewhere.

Garfu of inversion streams too

Only thing I dislike about the game is that with all the hive/comm chair spots is that its hard to finish a game if the game goes on for a while.

bdrob

Cheers for the link, I love watching competitive NS2 and I actually cannot remember the last time I saw Archaea lose a round, let alone a full match.

If I recall correctly isn't there a launch tournament going on in Cologne shortly? They had qualifiers (EU and Americas) last weekend, the winners of which I believe are having their transport to Cologne paid for, so that the final between the EU & Americas teams is on Lan. Quite looking forward to that!

Phandy

This game just because so much more awesome when you have 2 good commanders on each team. When they are actually trying out tactics and communicating what they want with everyone it becomes really cool. You see people actually working together a lot because they are all following what the commander is trying to do.

I never got that deep into NS1, I sort of just played it like any other shooter. Now I find myself really thinking about the tactics of what I should be doing and where.

Just awesome, loving it!
Also the community is great - a lot of really nice people playing from what I've seen so far.

Cheers for the link, I love watching competitive NS2 and I actually cannot remember the last time I saw Archaea lose a round, let alone a full match.

If I recall correctly isn't there a launch tournament going on in Cologne shortly? They had qualifiers (EU and Americas) last weekend, the winners of which I believe are having their transport to Cologne paid for, so that the final between the EU & Americas teams is on Lan. Quite looking forward to that!

This is true! I will unfortunately be away for the tournament and will not be able to watch it (At least I am on a small vacation in London).

Someone else will have to take the reigns and post the link in this thread!
This game just because so much more awesome when you have 2 good commanders on each team. When they are actually trying out tactics and communicating what they want with everyone it becomes really cool. You see people actually working together a lot because they are all following what the commander is trying to do.

I never got that deep into NS1, I sort of just played it like any other shooter. Now I find myself really thinking about the tactics of what I should be doing and where.

Just awesome, loving it!
Also the community is great - a lot of really nice people playing from what I've seen so far.

I am happy to hear you are enjoying NS2! The team-play feels so right when it clicks (which it does quite often).

I'm down to play with a group of peoples. I have a mumble server if anyone is interested. Though, it may be down due to that East Coast Hurricane. But I'm down to play.

Steam Id: Krappadizzle

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
it's criminal how few posts this thread has. It really should be blowin' up.

Btw, is GAF playing tonight?

thetrin

I'm down to play with a group of peoples. I have a mumble server if anyone is interested. Though, it may be down due to that East Coast Hurricane. But I'm down to play.

Steam Id: Krappadizzle

I think if we do play, we're going to need decent communication.

GAF hive mind has not been made aware of this somehow.

I wish niche PC titles like this were more popular on GAF the way they are on SA.

Opiate

I think if we do play, we're going to need decent communication.

I wish niche PC titles like this were more popular on GAF the way they are on SA.

It's especially interesting because so many of the moderators on this site are, in way or another, niche PC gamers.

I most certainly am, this game included. Kabouter is. Evilore is a dedicated PC gamer. Tekno is in this thread too. I suppose it's a testament to our objectivity that we have no deliberately forced the community to bend to our proclivities.

thetrin

It's especially interesting because so many of the moderators on this site are, in way or another, niche PC gamers.

I most certainly am, this game included. Kabouter is. Evilore is a dedicated PC gamer. Tekno is in this thread too. I suppose it's a testament to our objectivity that we have no deliberately forced the community to bend to our proclivities.

And more power to you all for your restraint, but the game really does deserve more love. If you have to forcibly push people this way, I won't complain.

Started to get the hang of Skulk today. Jumping and biting. Still can't quite get the hang of running around on the ceilings and and attacking.

Top Bottom