• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Mark MedinaVerified account
‏@MarkG_Medina
Russell on bench role:"There's just more ball movement. No disrespect to Kobe, but you know you have more opportunity because of who he is."

Russ bout to get that DNP-CD next to his name for a few games.

Doesn't matter Kobe don't give a damn what rookies say anymore if he did Larry Nance wouldn't be a Laker.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The Bulls are fucking awful to watch. Jesus Christ. I had way more fun watching them in 2013-2014 where our ceiling was a second round exit.

Agreed, same shit they were doing a lot last year by playing down to their competition. also they are still walking up the ball every damn time!

Hoiberg needs to split gasol and mirotic up, defense horrible with them together. Also, move the damn ball! No more isos for jimmy and rose every time in the 4th.

Apath

Time for the Knicks to get the most out of Carmelo...by trading him now while his value is high. They can't win anything in a few years anyway, there is no need for Melo.
Bulls could use him to solve our amnemic offense, but I'm not sure it would be enough, nor do I know what we can offer. On paper a big three of Rose, Butler, Melo sounds unstoppable, but who knows what you're getting with Rose or when Melo's age will affect him?
Agreed, same shit they were doing a lot last year by playing down to their competition. also they are still walking up the ball every damn time!

Hoiberg needs to split gasol and mirotic up, defense horrible with them together. Also, move the damn ball! No more isos for jimmy and rose every time in the 4th.
This team as it currently is won't be fixing any issues with simple linup changes. We need to make big moves now or during the off-season. As far as I am concerned, the only untouchaBull is Butler.

On Byron Scott saying there will be another player like Kobe, Kobe said: "For coaches in the future, I hope not. Jesus Christ."

What is up with this franchise?! Players and coaches bashing the legend on his retirement tour regardless of how true it may be

Doc Holliday

Bulls could use him to solve our amnemic offense, but I'm not sure it would be enough, nor do I know what we can offer. On paper a big three of Rose, Butler, Melo sounds unstoppable, but who knows what you're getting with Rose or when Melo's age will affect him?

This team as it currently is won't be fixing any issues with simple linup changes. We need to make big moves now or during the off-season. As far as I am concerned, the only untouchaBull is Butler.

i agree, not sure what trade is out there though. They definetly need to move one of the bigs. Hige logjam down low.

Also I love jimmy but if you think the Bulls hard to watch get rid of rose and it will be worse. He's still the only guy we have that can breakdown a defense, which is sad because he can't finish like he used to.

I still think this team has a chance to well in the playoffs tho, I mean they have beaten good teams this year. maybe they are just tired of playing well in the regular season only to lose in the playoffs because they are worn down.

The Bulls are trash. Time to tank.

The East standings are crazy to look at though. The Pistons are in 10th place, but only 2 games behind the 1 seed. What the hell?

Bread

Banned
I'm almost at the point where I think the Celtics' best option is to trade the Nets pick. They are really close to being a contender and I'm not sure it's a great idea to try and develop someone from next year's draft when the rest of the pieces are in place now.

pislit

I'm almost at the point where I think the Celtics' best option is to trade the Nets pick. They are really close to being a contender and I'm not sure it's a great idea to try and develop someone from next year's draft when the rest of the pieces are in place now.

They'll be pulling a 2008 and trade everyone and picks for a Pierce, an Allen, and a Garnett.

Maybe Durant, Cousins, Lillard? (dont kill me just an opinion)

Doc Holliday

No way! They are still a first round out, you keep that pick and that may land you the next great player. Those pieces are still young. Unless you're getting Durant, or maybe Cousins I would not trade that pick.

Bread

Banned
They'll be pulling a 2008 and trade everyone and picks for a Pierce, an Allen, and a Garnett.

Maybe Durant, Cousins, Lillard? (dont kill me just an opinion)
lmao ridiculous thought but that would be pretty cool i'd say!

No way! They are still a first round out, you keep that pick and that may land you the next great player. Those pieces are still young. Unless you're getting Durant, or maybe Cousins I would not trade that pick.
they definitely aren't an easy first round out like last year. guys like Bradley and Crowder have really stepped up, plus Stevens is making IT and Smart extremely valuable in this system. I think they are a quality big away from being a top 3 team in the east.

ULnf5hz.jpg

Seems like he confirmed in his post game that they're going to get 20-25 now. So he's reducing their minutes. If he keep their minutes similar but just changed rotations it wouldn't be that bad. Sitting randle in the 4th was unconscionable. The second he took randle and Russell out the raps gained on us.

I think Ainge would move the pick in a second if a star was available. That being said, the chance to get a star small forward in the draft would be hard to pass up.

Tom Penny

I used to be high on Cousins then I saw him play us loafing around and complaining every non call. He looked lazy.

Byron Scott is cut from that old school Pat "I'm gonna run you fuckers so hard in practice you'll pull a hamstring right before the Finals" cloth. He probably benched them because he thought they loafed during a drill or something. He's an idiot.

Jonm1010

Banned
Brett Dawson ?@BDawsonWrites
Tyreke Evans says he tried to swing the ball tonight at Gentry’s request. Says he “didn’t put pressure on the defense” playing that way

Evans: "My mindset (tonight) was just pass first, but that ain’t the way I play. I play attack first, and if somebody’s open I find them."

Evans says swinging the ball “kind of messed my rhythm up a little bit.” Gentry said “We’ll work on it and we’ll make it work.”

Don't think I have seen a more low IQ player on a team I rooted for then Evans.

The worst part is he is the kind of low IQ player that doesnt realize he has a low IQ. He is dumb and confident about it.

Don't think I have seen a more low IQ player on a team I rooted for then Evans.

The worst part is he is the kind of low IQ player that doesnt realize he has a low IQ. He is dumb and confident about it.

Evans and Gordon combined for 0 points for the Pelicans starting backcourt.

El Topo

Time for the Knicks to get the most out of Carmelo...by trading him now while his value is high. They can't win anything in a few years anyway, there is no need for Melo.

Is his value still high? He hasn't exactly impressed this season, he's had his share of injuries, he's already 31. How much can they really get for him? Don't get me wrong, trading him seems like the best option, just wondering what such a trade could look like. He's a good player, surely the Knicks would want quite a bit.

Fjordson

Sounds like the owners had a part of in Colangelo being hired in Philly?

Man I'm glad Golden State got out of the tanking business at just the right time. Our tank job was one of the more deliberate ones I've seen tbh.

pislit

Is his value still high? He hasn't exactly impressed this season, he's had his share of injuries, he's already 31. How much can they really get for him? Don't get me wrong, trading him seems like the best option, just wondering what such a trade could look like. He's a good player, surely the Knicks would want quite a bit.

That's what I meant. This point is his highest value, it will only go downward as time passes by.

Probably to the Bulls or any team that needs some scoring. Jordan trading for him in Charlotte? Haahahahaahaah

The problem with trading Melo is that it's really hard to find a team that has the assets worth a player of his caliber while still being able to take on $23M per year before his 15% trade kicker. The Rockets to me seem like a team that would be interested in making a deal work out and they could make the salaries work by sending Lawson and Ariza back but I doubt they have the picks and/or young assets to entice the Knicks.

Ninja!!!

Is there anything you can tell me?

Will Sunday December 13 be Byron's last day or are we really riding this garbage to 12-70?

Benching the rooks last night was it for me, hes dead to me.

beat

This was actually Mark Jack's first season as coach. That resulted in the Barnes and Draymond picks. It was a super blatant tank job. Little surprised it's been so forgotten, but I guess it's because we became good in a hurry thankfully.
Haralabos Voulgaris was just tweeting about this today. BTW, someone replied to him that the Draymond pick came from an unrelated trade, rather than directly from the tank.

And even if that weren't true I don't think anyone can honestly claim that getting a guy with the 35th pick was due to tanking.

Fjordson

Haralabos Voulgaris was just tweeting about this today. BTW, someone replied to him that the Draymond pick came from an unrelated trade, rather than directly from the tank.

And even if that weren't true I don't think anyone can honestly claim that getting a guy with the 35th pick was due to tanking.
Maybe not Draymond specifically, but the season overall was a definite tank job.

I approve of it 1000% obviously, just funny that it never gets brought up.

pislit

The problem with trading Melo is that it's really hard to find a team that has the assets worth a player of his caliber while still being able to take on $23M per year before his 15% trade kicker. The Rockets to me seem like a team that would be interested in making a deal work out and they could make the salaries work by sending Lawson and Ariza back but I doubt they have the picks and/or young assets to entice the Knicks.

Ainge pulls creative/ridiculous trades that rob other franchises of life. I think Phil has the chops to conjure a crazy trade out of nowhere. lol. And there is always Jordan / Charlotte!! HAHHAHA

"No official timetable on RHJ, but Lionel Hollins just said he expected 10 weeks out" - @uuords

Oof.

Ainge pulls creative/ridiculous trades that rob other franchises of life. I think Phil has the chops to conjure a crazy trade out of nowhere. lol. And there is always Jordan / Charlotte!! HAHHAHA

It's hard getting the contracts to match up for a potential Hornets trade.

pislit

"No official timetable on RHJ, but Lionel Hollins just said he expected 10 weeks out" - @uuords

Oof.

It's hard getting the contracts to match up for a potential Hornets trade.

There is always Philly for a salary dumpsite. And Portland too, they'd probably take picks to absorb some of the salary. Isn't Batum+Jefferson FAs by the end of the year?

Spurs win by 51. Boban was a very nice surprise in the 4th quarter. Sixers made him look like Dirk out there.

18-4 right now. Pretty good for "getting the chemistry together" time. Second best record in the NBA.

Everything has worked out great for the Spurs. A nice soft schedule for the first quarter to get things figured out

Fjordson

Wow Paul George starts at the 4 for Indy? Didn't know that. Tough assignment for Draymond if he matches up with him.

Also heard on local radio today that Curry the last few years has been pretty mediocre vs. Indiana. No bueno.

AcridMeat

Banned
There we go, got some nice movement on offense so far, people are warming up.

I don't know who thought making the shorts glossy material with the jerseys matte was a good idea but they were wrong.

Fjordson

Man I root for Brandon Rush, but goddamn is he a poor substitute for H. Barnes. Indy is going after him almost every time down the floor trying to get him to switch onto PG13 and dude seemingly has no chance.

AcridMeat

Banned
Bogut doing so well keeping those balls live. Nice to see Thompson going early too.

e: Wow that little flip was nice.
e2: That lob was perfect, rewarding Bogut for his solid rebounding work so far.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Pacers just came up and shot it. Not a good sign. When Klay or Curry start making them, it gets in players head. Feel like they gotta compensate.

Top Bottom