• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Can't believe this Rockets team beat the Spurs. Can't believe they are one of the six losses this Spurs team has. Can't believe it at all. It was a pretty thrilling game. Excellent defense. Gotta keep it rolling though. Shock the world. Hope they win tonight.
Spurs didn't come out playing well. Don't know if they were feeling themselves a bit like they did during that Knicks game last year and were caught off guard by Houston's intensity, but they should have known better, especially for an in-state rival. Rockets get credit for coming out ready to play. They did, Spurs didn't.

Spurs seem to be rebounding a bit tonight against the Nuggets.

El Topo

Let the Pelicans have that win. It's a shitty season for them. You won one no one saw coming, you lost one no one saw coming.

Spurs didn't come out playing well. Don't know if they were feeling themselves a bit like they did during that Knicks game last year and were caught off guard by Houston's intensity, but they should have known better, especially for an in-state rival. Rockets get credit for coming out ready to play. They did, Spurs didn't.

Spurs seem to be rebounding a bit tonight against the Nuggets.

Annnd then we lose to the Pelicans lol

God damn this bizarro ass season

Resilient

Rose looked reallllly really good out there today. Too bad he fucked up the inbound. Who pump fakes @ 4 seconds on an inbound and then waits another 2 seconds? LoL

Steph Curry is "hurting the game" of basketball because kids are going to try and be like him and practice their shooting. Mark Jackson, ladies and gentlemen.

Jarate

Banned
Steph Curry is "hurting the game" of basketball because kids are going to try and be like him and practice their shooting. Mark Jackson, ladies and gentlemen.
Honestly the only way he's hurting the game is that he and his team are abusing the 3 point line

3 point line is a mistake, never been a big fan of it

I read the whole quote. It's still dumb as hell. Why is it bad for the game that kids will want to emulate the greatest shooter ever? Shooting is a fundamental skill and having more good shooters in the league will only make it better. Was the league better off when kids were trying to emulate Allen Iverson's AND1 crossover ISO game?

LMFAO Phoenix Suns....

THE TANK IS OVER 1-0 SINCE ISH TRADE

Congrats man, nice to see that the nightmare may be over for the 76ers. Huge admirer of the franchise here (I'm a Laker fan).

What do you Philly fans think you guys need to go for the contending mindset again? Curious because I don't know the team inside and out.

On another note, there's this girl from Philly who's in my classes, she's dreamy and so smart....

...And this has nothing to do with basketball.

Jarate

Banned
LMFAO Phoenix Suns....

Congrats man, nice to see that the nightmare may be over for the 76ers. Huge admirer of the franchise here (I'm a Laker fan).

What do you Philly fans think you guys need to go for the contending mindset again? Curious because I don't know the team inside and out.

On another note, there's this girl from Philly who's in my classes, she's dreamy and so smart....

...And this has nothing to do with basketball.

We'll be actively trying probably next year. Well have about 3-4 first round picks in the draft, and also have Saric and possibly Embiid coming,who if he can be healthy is a difference maker. That means well be deep and actually have a bench which is not the case this year

Sandfox

We'll be actively trying probably next year. Well have about 3-4 first round picks in the draft, and also have Saric and possibly Embiid coming,who if he can be healthy is a difference maker. That means well be deep and actually have a bench which is not the case this year

That will obviously be dependent on the quality of the picks. I honestly think you guys need to move some more players before next season because I don't see the current pieces ever fitting together.

Cheebo

Banned
I kind of feel bad for Simmons. Every team clamoring over him. Bill Simmons ranting about how he is more of a sure thing than Durant.

That is some crazy high pressure on him already

Man, almost 4 picks in the draft. I would absolutely be in agony if we lose the pick, but at least it's going to you guys and not the Celtics, Blazers, or Kings (fuck all those teams).

Jarate

Banned
Man, almost 4 picks in the draft. I would absolutely be in agony if we lose the pick, but at least it's going to you guys and not the Celtics, Blazers, or Kings (fuck all those teams).

this would probably be the year to lose it since it's top 3 protected

I dont see why any superstar would want to go to the Lakers next year, and losing the 4th pick in a draft that's really only 2 players deep isnt that big of a deal

It isnt protected next year, so if they suck next year in a draft that's loaded with guard talent it could be bad, like a Nets situation this year. This years draft outside of Simmons and Ingram isnt all that good

Yeah, it needs to start next year. Hopefully try to land Ben Simmons (but with my pessimistic sixers mindset i'm not counting on it) and try to land some free agents with all of the money they've been saving by only signing d-league talent. We saw tonight what can happen when they have a decent point guard on the roster. Now we just need to sign more actual NBA talent. Looking forward to Saric coming over, and Embiid I am expecting to never suit up for us. Tonight also confirmed for me that Noel and Okafor can't play at the same time. Noel needs to play Center. I think one of the three big men will be traded. I want to see what Brett Brown can do with an actual NBA roster.

Seriously, Andrew Bynam has ruined any hype and excitement over landing people who will actually be good for us, expecting injured players to actually come back, and anything ever positive happening to the Sixers. I've been desensitized by him.

Jarate

Banned
Yeah, it needs to start next year. Hopefully try to land Ben Simmons (but with my pessimistic sixers mindset i'm not counting on it) and try to land some free agents with all of the money they've been saving by only signing d-league talent. We saw tonight what can happen when they have a decent point guard on the roster. Now we just need to sign more actual NBA talent. Looking forward to Saric coming over, and Embiid I am expecting to never suit up for us. Tonight also confirmed for me that Noel and Okafor can't play at the same time. Noel needs to play Center. I think one of the three big men will be traded. I want to see what Brett Brown can do with an actual NBA roster.

Seriously, Andrew Bynam has ruined any hype and excitement over landing people who will actually be good for us, expecting injured players to actually come back, and anything ever positive happening to the Sixers. I've been desensitized by him.
Okafor and Noel can play on the same team, they'll be helped a lot by the fact that Ish can create a little bit. We havent seen them have an NBA level PG all year

We'll see, but im still confident they can rock together

Okafor and Noel can play on the same team, they'll be helped a lot by the fact that Ish can create a little bit. We havent seen them have an NBA level PG all year

We'll see, but im still confident they can rock together

Yeah I'm hoping that helps. I really like both players so I hope I'm wrong.

this would probably be the year to lose it since it's top 3 protected

I dont see why any superstar would want to go to the Lakers next year, and losing the 4th pick in a draft that's really only 2 players deep isnt that big of a deal

It isnt protected next year, so if they suck next year in a draft that's loaded with guard talent it could be bad, like a Nets situation this year. This years draft outside of Simmons and Ingram isnt all that good

Oh, I still definitely want to get that first pick, over pretty much anything else. Ben Simmons is worth shooting to get.

Man what happened to the Suns? That team made my NBA days easier back when the C's sucked really hard, I just loved watching them even if it didn't result even in a Finals trip.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So why are the Lakers keeping a coach who could potentially have the worse W-L ratio as a Lakers coach in the history of the franchise.

Sometimes the Lakers franchise can be too loyal to their respected players.

to have someone to fire at the end of the season wtf is this lol

Sandfox

Sounds like stuff Byron Scott would say as well. Can't believe Lakers fans think either dudes will lead them back to relevancy
Most informed Lakers fans think the opposite.
So why are the Lakers keeping a coach who could potentially have the worse W-L ratio as a Lakers coach in the history of the franchise.

Sometimes the Lakers franchise can be too loyal to their respected players.

The FO will evaluate him at the end of the season.

Fair point but the Lakers will probably trade their pick for an All-star caliber player like DeMar DeRozan.

Do it Jim! Do it Mitch!

That would be pretty horrible.

pislit

Coach of the Year should be awarded to Carlisle. You have an ancient Nowitzki and bunch of bench players competing wtf is that.

AcridMeat

Banned
Going to the Cavs Blazers tonight, was a surprise Christmas gift. Hopefully Lillard is actually back or it's going to be a shit show.
Game was fucking awesome. 34-12 after the first quarter. Allen Crabbe 14 pt quarter, 26 career high for the game. Everyone contributed, Lillard out. LeBron with only 12 points, with 3 of em coming from free throws he had no business getting. Amazing game. Even Chris Kaman came in and was balling.

Gonzalez

Banned
Haha holy shit the Cavs.
tumblr_mj3vzoGsHx1qeqlv0o1_500.gif

Top Bottom