• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Oh, I still definitely want to get that first pick, over pretty much anything else. Ben Simmons is worth shooting to get.

Oh don't worry, the Lakers will definitely get the no. 1 pick. It's what the nba wants to happen, so they'll make it happen. They want to spite the Sixers and give the Lakers a Kobe farewell gift :p.

Sorry about the passive aggressive post, that's my pessimistic Sixers fan talking. But The Cavs getting all if those no. 1 picks before LeBron came back have always been suspicious to me.

Jarate

Banned
Oh don't worry, the Lakers will definitely get the no. 1 pick. It's what the nba wants to happen, so they'll make it happen. They want to spite the Sixers and give the Lakers a Kobe farewell gift :p.

Sorry about the passive aggressive post, that's my pessimistic Sixers fan talking. But The Cavs getting all if those no. 1 picks before LeBron came back have always been suspicious to me.

Why would the NBA care about a shitty market like Cleveland?

They just had god tier RNG, but basically wasted it

El Topo

Should I feel bad that Cleveland hasn't won anything since 1964 and that their biggest recent hope is not going to deliver? Cavs are not going to win a championship, unless Golden State somehow fucks up.

Jarate

Banned
Should I feel bad that Cleveland hasn't won anything since 1964 and that their biggest recent hope is not going to deliver? Cavs are not going to win a championship, unless Golden State somehow fucks up.
Meh, regular season Lebrom doesn't like to try that hard anymore

Playoff Cavs are Stoll scary

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps might be able to go on a run soon.

Demarre is back, Val coming back soon.

Patterson not looking like complete shit, Terry Ross has returned.

Gonzalez

Banned
Fair enough, but you know deep down you aren't being fair to them with that comment.
Maybe... But it is accurate to say that any season going forward with this starting line-up, they must expect a level of criticism for fielding an injury prone squad in the first place.

Messi

Maybe... But it is accurate to say that any season going forward with this starting line-up, they must expect a level of criticism for fielding an injury prone squad in the first place.

Absolutely agree, it's the risk they have taken on but it's also a risk I'd be willing to take if I was the cavs owner. I'd be willing to bet on them winning a championship with Kyrie and Lebron. I do believe it's gonna take someone else eliminating the Warriors though.

Gonzalez

Banned
Absolutely agree, it's the risk they have taken on but it's also a risk I'd be willing to take if I was the cavs owner. I'd be willing to bet on them winning a championship with Kyrie and Lebron.
Well their window as the single dominating force could be closing soon, if a team in the East takes advantage of the FA class of next year. So don't bet the farm, yet.

You're judged with what you got, and they've got injury prone all-stars. So this is what's expected of them.

This. Maybe they should take their foot off the gas (eg Spurs) during the regular season for injury and fatigue prevention.

Otherwise, you live with your injury prone stars.

Winning 60 games shouldn't be a priority for the cavs if their stars limp into the playoffs.

Silkworm

Celtics grab their 4th win in a row beating the Knicks todat. And Smart played a little tonight, so hopefully he'll be able to play a little more against the Lakers and progressively get back to game shape. Schedule is sort of soft for the next couple of games for the Celtics (Lakers, Nets, @Nets) so maybe they could extend it to a 7 game winning streak. Still, the Celtics are a bit up and down, so I won't count those wins until they're in the books. Glad though to see the Celtics playing well of late after their recent 3 game skid (loses to the Cavs, Pistons, and Hawks).

Champagne

Banned
I don't get the Bulls, have an impressive win over Thunder and lose to the Mavs with JJ Barea having a career game.
Same shit with the Rockets beating the Spurs and then getting clowned by the Pelicans.

Christmas day games will never mean anything. Some players and teams respond really well to playing on Christmas and treat it as the biggest game of the season (and for most of them it is, the only bigger games in terms of national stage come in the conference finals and the finals and obviously only 4 teams make it that far) and play really well and other players don't want to be there and their teams don't respond as well and just look sluggish.

Same shit with the Rockets beating the Spurs and then getting clowned by the Pelicans.

Christmas day games will never mean anything. Some players and teams respond really well to playing on Christmas and treat it as the biggest game of the season (and for most of them it is, the only bigger games in terms of national stage come in the conference finals and the finals and obviously only 4 teams make it that far) and play really well and other players don't want to be there and their teams don't respond as well and just look sluggish.
Past two years Spurs have been pasted on Christmas Day. I've learned they don't care much about big nationally televised games.

Resilient

it wasn't christmas when the bulls got r.o.a.s.t.e.d. by the Mavs

That's weird that Barnes just now got suspended over the Derek Fisher deal. Especially since it happened in the off season.

edit: Also did you guys see those creepy ass claymation versions of Curry and Lebron that ABC did for the xmas games.

if the Kamikaze for the Aussie doesn't work out apparently the next guy up is
635657597893391455-BRANDON-INGRAM.jpg
Can we get him an In N Out burger lifetime pass?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
But Jimmy B has looked worse every game since those 3 games.

For the Bulls who is the guy, Jimmy B or DRose.

Not roses fault, he's been missing wide open shots all night. Jimmy is a great 2nd on a winning team, I don't think he's the best player on a championship squad.

Top Bottom