• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Warriors need to be careful. Players are starting to get nicked and dinged even though the main contributors haven't been playing many 4th quarters due to blowing people out. Still think they'll be fine.

Rick Carlisle is a wizard. Probably not even just metaphorically.
The two best coaches in the NBA reside in Texas. Always amazing how people overlook Carlisle.

Bread

Banned
And the Boston crowd chanted Kobe's name? I don't ever want to hear any sanctimonious fairweather shit talk from Boston fans ever again about how shitty a sports town LA is.
lakers games always bring a ton of lakers fans to the garden, not surprising with this game essentially being more kobe event than basketball game.

just like how celtics fans weren't chanting MVP in 06, i doubt many of them were chanting his name this time.

lakers games always bring a ton of lakers fans to the garden, not surprising with this game essentially being more kobe event than basketball game.

just like how celtics fans weren't chanting MVP in 06, i doubt many of them were chanting his name this time.

so Celtic fans bail on their team and give up their tickets when the team isn't so good? Sounds fairweather to me.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Spurs just 2.5 games back from GS?

oT7aji6.png

He tried it during the offseason but our owner loves Cousins and his ability to bring Drake to Sacramento.

We would happily allow Drake to become an ambassador for the Kings and be a feature on Ranadive's daughter music albums if you guys trade us DeMarcus Cousins instead of dealing him to the Cs for their handful of 1st rounders.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
He tried it during the offseason but our owner loves Cousins and his ability to bring Drake to Sacramento.

This shit is such a clusterfuck! Best bet is to get Karls ass out of here, and package Rudy and Ben. Post game conference Karl flat out said this team has no players with guts to play defense lol. I mean he's really not far off but damnnnnnnnn!

Resilient

Why does everyone sleep on the Mavs. Just don't get it. Why isn't NBA.com plastered with Mavs shit?? Dirk did a dunk. Matthews is back from an Achilles injury. Barea is averaging around 20ppg over the last week. Zaza averaging a double double. Pay attention to my team you fucks.

Two Words

Why does everyone sleep on the Mavs. Just don't get it. Why isn't NBA.com plastered with Mavs shit?? Dirk did a dunk. Matthews is back from an Achilles injury. Barea is averaging around 20ppg over the last week. Zaza averaging a double double. Pay attention to my team you fucks.

It is pre-determined which teams will get media attention regardless of how well they play. Look at how the Spurs are constantly ignored.

Sandfox

ESPN and NBA.com only care about like three teams.

Jarate

Banned
Mavs are basically the Hawks 2.0, and everyone knows it. You won't get hype when we basically know your playoff trajectory

They'll win a lot of games but won't have a chance at the title. I'm glad for Dirk though

Two Words

Mavs are basically the Hawks 2.0, and everyone knows it. You won't get hype when we basically know your playoff trajectory

They'll win a lot of games but won't have a chance at the title. I'm glad for Dirk though

Their "known trajectory" was being a 30 win team this season.

Jarate

Banned
Their "known trajectory" was being a 30 win team this season.

NBA regular season wins are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Its really nice to see what they're doing so far, and they have been surprisingly good, but why should ESPN or the media care about the Mavs when they have practically 0 chance of winning and NBA title?

Resilient

NBA regular season wins are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Its really nice to see what they're doing so far, and they have been surprisingly good, but why should ESPN or the media care about the Mavs when they have practically 0 chance of winning and NBA title?

huh? if anything Mavs have proven that they're a better team in the post season than in the regular season. Mavs 2014 roster took SA to 7 games...the same SA that went on to win the title that year 4-1. lol, it's probably better that people keep sleeping. this seasons playoffs gonna be good.

Two Words

Lakers, Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Rockets, and Clippers all get lots of media attention and they have basically 0 chance as all.

Sanjuro

He was never a big deal in Boston during his career because the Celtics were irrelevant for the majority of his career from 1996 till now.

I don't recall any Antoine Walker v. Kobe Bryant battles other than this.

Yeah. That's kind of the deal. Even Kobe wasn't a gigantic deal until after Shaq. LeBron I would consider someone with more of a track record.

I'm fine with the team and Kobe not wanting a Jeter knob slob event.

Jarate

Banned
Lakers, Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Rockets, and Clippers all get lots of media attention and they have basically 0 chance as all.

Lakers, Bulls and Celtics are all legendary franchises and are pretty much the most popular teams in the sport. It would be like complaining about ESPN covering the Packers, Cowboys and Patriots

The Clippers still have 3 stars and are capable of winning a title

Rockets have 2 stars and are going through avvery surprising collapse, which is an interesting story

Just enjoy the ride bro, no need for ESPN attention, ESPN are going to cover teams like that, it could be worse, you could be a Sixer's fan

Ronin Ray

As someone who lives in San Antonio and is a Spurs fan you should be happy your team is flying under the radar. Its always better that way.

Just want to say I was at that Lakers vs Celtics game last night and it was so intense. I loved it, and happened to sit in the lane with basically all Lakers fans.. The two people next to me and in front of me were the only Celtics fans. I had great seats too right in the loge. When he his that clutch three...it went so wild.. I got up and started screaming. My voice is so gone. Me and the Asian guy beside me was wildin out and the dude behind me was screaming KOBE YOU LEGEND!! At first everyone would boo him when he got the ball but nah, us Lakers fans was louder than that shit.

Almost cried seeing him leave but guess what? It will always be...

KOBES GARDEN! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

It's been real Kobe. He will truly be missed 😭😭😭😭

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Warriors won the championship without Love, Irving, and Varejao. What's your point?

Swap LeBron for Love and you are a better analogy for the warrior's roster that played last night. Cavs don't sniff the finals if that were the case. If for some reason they did, Warriors by 40 points in every single game.

Missing Curry reks them.

Messi

Lakers, Bulls and Celtics are all legendary franchises and are pretty much the most popular teams in the sport. It would be like complaining about ESPN covering the Packers, Cowboys and Patriots

Rockets have 2 stars and are going through avvery surprising collapse, which is an interesting story

Just enjoy the ride bro, no need for ESPN attention, ESPN are going to cover teams like that, it could be worse, you could be a Sixer's fan

980.gif

A bunch of serial chokers

Sanjuro

Just want to say I was at that Lakers vs Celtics game last night and it was so intense. I loved it, and happened to sit in the lane with basically all Lakers fans.. The two people next to me and in front of me were the only Celtics fans. I had great seats too right in the loge. When he his that clutch three...it went so wild.. I got up and started screaming. My voice is so gone. Me and the Asian guy beside me was wildin out and the dude behind me was screaming KOBE YOU LEGEND!! At first everyone would boo him when he got the ball but nah, us Lakers fans was louder than that shit.

Almost cried seeing him leave but guess what? It will always be...

KOBES GARDEN! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

It's been real Kobe. He will truly be missed 😭😭😭😭

Glad you had fun!

Butttttt....uggggggghhhhhhh.

Not really too upset about the loss last night except for two things...

1- Defense shouldn't have dropped off that much.
2- I love Klay but it annoys me how un-clutch he is for an all star 2 guard at times. I think Barnes, despite not being as gaudy of a scorer is more clutch player.

Two Words

My entire point is that the media focuses on particular teams regardless on how well they are doing.

Two Words

Jarate answered why.

I was answering somebody why the Mavericks were not getting media attention for exceeding expectations. The fact is, teams like the Mavericks don't get media attention unless they are doing something extremely extraordinary. Teams like the Thunder get attention because they've been deemed media darlings.

Top Bottom