• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Bulls are better off without Rose and Butler being the unquestioned leader.

Once again, horseshit

Aaron Brooks can't guard anyone and D-Rose has held most pointguards he's played against below their average in points and field goal percentage.

In Fantasy Land, the Bulls are better without Rose but the reality is that they haven't gotten past the second round in the playoffs without him.

Once again, horseshit

Aaron Brooks can't guard anyone and D-Rose has held most pointguards he's played against below their average in points and field goal percentage.

In Fantasy Land, the Bulls are better without Rose but the reality is that they haven't gotten past the second round in the playoffs without him.
Ha, because one of the worst starters in the nba version of rose is totally the same as mvp rose.

Ha, because one of the worst starters in the nba version of rose is totally the same as mvp rose.
You said they are better without Rose.

Do tell who is going to play for him and beat Cleveland in a 7 game series.

You said it, I didn't.

By the way, in case you were wondering(obviously you don't know), Rose was shooting well and had back to back 20 point games and Butler struggled recently.

You said they are better without Rose.

Do tell who is going to play for him and beat Cleveland in a 7 game series.

You said it, I didn't.

By the way, in case you were wondering(obviously you don't know), Rose was shooting well and had back to back 20 point games and Butler struggled recently.
They aren't beating Cleveland in a 7 game series with or without Rose.

I'm so glad no one came at Draymond with a full max this summer. The 82 mill over 5 years is looking amazing now.

Of course we're about to eat some real shit if we want to keep Barnes and Ezeli this summer, but oh well.

No kidding. His contract is looking like a bargain right now.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

Did you not watch Rose last 4 games or in the playoffs last year?

They might not beat the Cavs but without Rose they have zero chance. Anyone who actually watches the games instead of just the box score knows that Drose gets easy shots for everyone.

You didn't answer the question, not surprised.

They might as well quit playing the season since you said they can't beat Cleveland.

I know right....Cavs are not beating the Warriors either so maybe trade Lebron?

Doc Holliday

He had an MRI on his Hamstring I've heard and hes recovering well. He'll be fine, but probably will miss a couple of games.

It's the right knee now, he's getting an MRI monday. Hoping its just overworked, dude can't catch a break.

If ever Jimmy and Rose get on the same page and healthy :O

You didn't answer the question, not surprised.

They might as well quit playing the season since you said they can't beat Cleveland.
Uh, your question was who would they play at pg to beat Cleveland in a 7 game series. I literally answered it.

Yes, this is most likely a lost season for the Bulls. Their only hope is rooting for injury for Cleveland, like most other NBA teams vs the top competition. That will continue to be true until they can shed some bad salary like Rose's contract.

fertygo

Once again, horseshit

I don't see Rose playing any defense tho

We forced to switch Jimmy on JJ Barea for god sake, our best chance is when we actually replace that 20 million salary into something worth.

Can't wait for 2017 free agency.

Or let check if MJ have hard on to him and still horrible owner, offer him to hornets.

It's the right knee now, he's getting an MRI monday. Hoping its just overworked, dude can't catch a break.

If ever Jimmy and Rose get on the same page and healthy :O

I don't know where this MRI shit came about but I saw it on the shitty Bulls beatwriter's twitter.

I doubt it's his meniscus as he barely has one left after the surgery but I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

D-Rose sure isn't concerned about it, he said he overworked it in practice I believe and has some swelling.

It could be a McDermott situation but of course they are going to err more on the side of caution with him than Doug.

I don't see Rose playing any defense tho

We forced to switch Jimmy on JJ Barea for god sake, our best chance is when we actually replace that 20 million salary into something worth.

Can't wait for 2017 free agency.

Or let check if MJ have hard on to him and still horrible owner, offer him to hornets.

So you are saying that when D-Rose held all these pointguards below their averages, it was because Jimmy Butler was guarding them the whole time???

Got ya.

Doc Holliday

I don't know where this MRI shit came about but I saw it on the shitty Bulls beatwriter's twitter.

I doubt it's his meniscus as he barely has one left after the surgery but I don't think it's going to be a big deal.

D-Rose sure isn't concerned about it, he said he overworked it in practice I believe and has some swelling.

It could be a McDermott situation but of course they are going to err more on the side of caution with him than Doug.

Crossing my fingers. I actually think the Bulls will be ok this year. I've seen crazier shit happen like Orlando beating the Cavs that one year lol

BTW did you guys watch Aaron Brooks last year in the playoffs? yeah, we need Rose.

Of course this is the one Bulls game I miss all year :/

Crossing my fingers. I actually think the Bulls will be ok this year. I've seen crazier shit happen like Orlando beating the Cavs that one year lol

They've beaten almost every one of the best teams this year(even had a shot at Golden State) so they have it in them.

While the playoffs is a different intensity, I wouldn't want to play the Bulls in them.

Not if they are D-ing up.

Doc Holliday

They've beaten almost every one of the best teams this year(even had a shot at Golden State) so they have it in them.

While the playoffs is a different intensity, I wouldn't want to play the Bulls in them.

Not if they are D-ing up.

Also the Bulls have been better this year then last year, so who knows.

fertygo

So you are saying that when D-Rose held all these pointguards below their averages, it was because Jimmy Butler was guarding them the whole time???

Got ya.

I guess Kyle Lowry not just easily put 32 on that other night

and oh yeah JJ Barea

I say it again JJ Barea

I want to see this stat where Rose put opposition PG on below average night, pretty sure his Plus minus not indicate that shit

Doc Holliday

and oh yeah JJ Barea

I say it again JJ Barea

I want to see this stat where Rose put opposition PG on below average night, pretty sure his Plus minus not indicate that shit

You mean JJ Barea that killed the Miami Heat in the Finals?

Keven Lowry who killed both Rose and Jimmy in that game?

Why not bring up how Rose held Curry and Westbrook to sub par numbers?

fertygo

You mean JJ Barea that killed the Miami Heat in the Finals?

Keven Lowry who killed both Rose and Jimmy in that game?

Why not bring up how Rose held Curry and Westbrook to sub par numbers?

How about we bring up his sub par numbers too then, Rose always winning matchup against Westbrook, but OKC not even conference rivals

Rose's defense is suspect for most of the time this season, and in late game situation we usually lose when he handle the business.

We might as well gamble on him if Kirk Hinrich and Aaron Brooks is the alternative, but he does put team into handicap because he not performing like 20 million dollar man.

He have similar stat to Kobe and Joe Johnson and those guy is done.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Guess who is ranked 421st in the league in RPM.

The idea that the Bulls are a better team without one of the most inefficient players in the league shouldn't be that outlandish.

Aaron Brooks sucks and hes still better than what Rose is right now. Ideally for Chicago they can swing a trade for another PG - Rubio is an impossible target but guys like Rondo / Lin / Holiday would be massive upgrades for them.

Rose should be in the d-league right now. Working on his health and changing his game.

and oh yeah JJ Barea

I say it again JJ Barea

You are acting like JJ Barea is a bad basketball player.

I'd argue that he's pretty good.

Basically, you are using two examples out of many.

The idea that the Bulls are a better team without one of the most inefficient players in the league shouldn't be that outlandish.

Aaron Brooks sucks and hes still better than what Rose is right now. Ideally for Chicago they can swing a trade for another PG - Rubio is an impossible target but guys like Rondo / Lin / Holiday would be massive upgrades for them.

Rose should be in the d-league right now. Working on his health and changing his game.

Guess who's the worst shooting player outside of the paint in the league???

Plus, Rose has played well of late, he has a whole half of a season to improve and he has.

People are missing the point also that Butler had 2 points int he first half and he had 5 in another one recently. They're going to need more than that even if Jimmy redeemed himself in both games.

None of those pointguards will win the Bulls shit.

Also, people are missing the point also that Butler had 2 points in the first half and he had 5 in another one recently. They're going to need more than that even if Jimmy redeemed himself in both games.

ViciousDS

Banned

That's the thing.....he did change for the better this year. He hasn't popped up 7 3's a game. He's playing the lane patiently and playing off the ball as good as he has since the injury. Its just this is THE longest stint that he has played. He's probably overworked a bit.

Hoping this MRI doesn't pop up anything and its just a knee that needs healing due to some strain.

That's the thing.....he did change for the better this year. He hasn't popped up 7 3's a game. He's playing the lane patiently and playing off the ball as good as he has since the injury. Its just this is THE longest stint that he has played. He's probably overworked a bit.

Hoping this MRI doesn't pop up anything and its just a knee that needs healing due to some strain.

He said he overworked himself in practice.

What's funny about D-Rose criticism is that all these people would say "he needs to go to the rim much more" and then he has a setback and they laugh at him being injured again.

He was pacing himself to make it through the whole season and so far, it's kind of worked.

It's commendable that he's still usually the fastest guy on the floor and can get to the rim at will(though he hasn't finished like he usually does) after all he's been through but we have people here saying he should go the the D-league.

ahahahaha, you can't make this shit up.

Resilient

Guess who's the worst shooting player outside of the paint in the league???

Plus, Rose has played well of late, he has a whole half of a season to improve and he has.

People are missing the point also that Butler had 2 points int he first half and he had 5 in another one recently. They're going to need more than that even if Jimmy redeemed himself in both games.

None of those pointguards will win the Bulls shit.

Also, people are missing the point also that Butler had 2 points in the first half and he had 5 in another one recently. They're going to need more than that even if Jimmy redeemed himself in both games.

keyboard_mash.png

Resilient

Lol it was just funny that's all. for what it's worth I agree with you, Bulls don't get very far this year without Rose. If they were, we would have seen some semblance of it last year. Jimmy isn't ready to lead a team yet anyway. All these things people say about how much better it would be without him...he was gone...and it was worse...so I just can't ever see how it would be better THIS year.

xHiryu

Rose will be effective in the playoffs, more so than in the regular season. The Bulls are finally grasping the concept of Hoiball and the team seems to coming together chemistry wise (Paxson's speech lit a flame under their ass and also after the Raptors game, the entire Bulls roster got together and had a group hug). Still a ton of Basketball to be played but at the rate their improving, we do have a shot at the title.

The Bulls have always needed another playmaker and shot taker in the Rose era and we finally have it in Butler. Add the fact that Noah seems to be having a bounce back year, Taj is solid as always, Doug is shooting lights out and can shown can finish in the paint, Mirotic when playing well can be a steady, solid contributor and Portis giving this team much needed heart and hustle, we're in good shape. Dunleavy aint even playing either bruh

Against the Cavs, we match up well on paper, seeing as how Jimmy can both guard Bron and score, whereas Rose can defend Kyrie, not the other way around. The X-factor for both teams is how the Bulls bigs play and how Love performs for the Cavs. The Warriors are a problem, but the irrational Bulls fan in me thinks we have a chance against them if we make the finals, the Spurs are the only team that truly scare me. No matter how Butler plays, the fate of this team does ultimately depend on our former MVP Derrick Rose, we simply go as far as he can take us, with the help of Butler and the rest of this Bulls Squad.

Lol it was just funny that's all. for what it's worth I agree with you, Bulls don't get very far this year without Rose. If they were, we would have seen some semblance of it last year. Jimmy isn't ready to lead a team yet anyway. All these things people say about how much better it would be without him...he was gone...and it was worse...so I just can't ever see how it would be better THIS year.

Yeah, I laugh at "labels" anyway in the first place.

They don't win games.

Butler's the best player on the team but he's not going to beat elite teams by himself(not a slam on the Raptors) and as far as leadership is concerned, it's an overrated label as well.

The Bulls have several "leaders" on the team but execution wins games, not terms the media and some fans love the narrative of.

JJ Barea is NOT a pretty good basketball player. He's awful.

Last 10 Games 10(GP) 26.2(MPG) .490(FG%) 1.8(RPG) 5.2(APG) 0.1(BPG) 0.6(SPG) 1.6(PFPG) 12.9(PPG)

That's not awful.

Resilient

JJ has a ring which he earned. He can't defend well but he is able to break down a defense very easily. And he can score. Dude is OK.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, I laugh at "labels" anyway in the first place.

They don't win games.

Butler's the best player on the team but he's not going to beat elite teams by himself(not a slam on the Raptors) and as far as leadership is concerned, it's an overrated label as well.

The Bulls have several "leaders" on the team but execution wins games, not terms the media and some fans love the narrative of.

Last 10 Games 10 26.2 .490 1.8 5.2 0.1 0.6 1.6 12.9

That's not awful

haha wtf? Are you being serious? a 10 game sample? His career numbers are so lousy. He takes 14 shots to make 15 points per 36 minutes. He averages less than 1 steal a game per 36 minutes, he averages 1 block a season for his career. His shooting numbers are average at the very best, shooting a career 42% from the field, 35% from 3, and 79% from the line. Hes not a "pretty good" player. JJ had a good run in the playoffs the year they won, but outside of that, the guy is beyond mediocre. He cashed in on his hot streak in the playoffs and was an absolute dumpster fire for the timberwolves. There are so many backup PGs in the league I would take over that guy. If that's who you value as a good player, your views on what makes a basketball player good are broken.

he averages 1 block a season for his career.

I'm surprised he doesn't have more than that, shocked in fact.

He's shooting near 40% from three this year.

I never said I'd take him over him and him and that guy.

Maybe "pretty good" was a stretch but "awful" has to be if that's the case.

ViciousDS

Banned
haha wtf? Are you being serious? a 10 game sample? His career numbers are so lousy. He takes 14 shots to make 15 points per 36 minutes. He averages less than 1 steal a game per 36 minutes, he averages 1 block a season for his career. His shooting numbers are average at the very best, shooting a career 42% from the field, 35% from 3, and 79% from the line. Hes not a "pretty good" player. JJ had a good run in the playoffs the year they won, but outside of that, the guy is beyond mediocre. He cashed in on his hot streak in the playoffs and was an absolute dumpster fire for the timberwolves. There are so many backup PGs in the league I would take over that guy. If that's who you value as a good player, your views on what makes a basketball player good are broken.

Barea is an average PG......but awful? I would say there are way worse options out there looking at his career stats.

42% FG
80% FT
10.4pts in 18 minutes

He's not bad.....he's just not starter material.

Soonri

Barea is an average PG......but awful? I would say there are way worse options out there looking at his career stats.

42% FG
80% FT
10.4pts in 18 minutes

He's not bad.....he's just not starter material.

He can be pretty bad. Since he's extremely undersized, his best defense is to draw charges and flop. On offense, he dominates the ball and primarily looks for his own shot (and he's been mostly a bad shooter this year outside of 4 games). IMO he shouldn't get minutes when Ray Felton has been a much better player this year, except for the fact that Carlisle loves his 2 or 3 PG lineups.

That being said, he's probably better than Austin Rivers or Steve Blake.

Top Bottom